December 2021 Version Update
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-12-10 05:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
Was this not meant to be the month that we get (or at least hear about) the inventory expansions? We got told it would happen by end of year, right?

did they say end of which year?
[+]
 Siren.Deltafoxz
Server: Siren
user: aashafox
By Siren.Deltafoxz 2021-12-10 06:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like it to me and a few others in my LS.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-10 06:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Last VR update, the new VR battlefield was wiping your temp items until they fixed it, Could someone going through the new VR missions report back to make sure they didn't do that again? I doubt they'd repeat the same mistake this soon, but I'd rather not lose another brew.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-10 08:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
Was this not meant to be the month that we get (or at least hear about) the inventory expansions? We got told it would happen by end of year, right?

It was suppose to be this year but they already let us know last month that the new goal is by March 2022 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-X7LP2JCB4

19. Inventory: On track with plans to implement by March
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2021-12-10 08:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Last VR update, the new VR battlefield was wiping your temp items until they fixed it, Could someone going through the new VR missions report back to make sure they didn't do that again? I doubt they'd repeat the same mistake this soon, but I'd rather not lose another brew.
Oh man, was that what did it? I was wondering why all my temp items disappeared. Everyone said I was crazy.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-12-10 08:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Can now get 375 fiber/metals from hallmarks/Gallantry. Inb4 +3s.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-10 08:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

375?
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-12-10 08:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
375?
125 from hallmarks, 245 from Gallantry, and the 5 from total hallmarks.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-10 09:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that feels like a mistake, was expecting a mere double
By Heck 2021-12-10 09:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE they will add new mats even if they considered upgrading past +2
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-10 09:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That does seem excessive. There are only 5 sets per mat. I guess if you got the NQ vouchers you could do all 5 sets from NQ to +2 in a month now.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-10 09:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes 5 metal/fiber to take a NQ item to +1. 10 to take that item to +2. 75 to take 5 items in a set from NQ all to HQ. 75 x 5 sets = 375. You can complete all Ambuscade armor sets now in a single month basically.

Too bad they forgot about easing Capes and Weapons upgrade item monthly limits. Maybe someday in the future.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Inventory: On track with plans to implement by March

Looking forward to the increased loading times for items (and my blacklist) when zoning when they add more paid wardrobes. I want to be a glass-half-full kind of person on this, but I know better.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-12-10 09:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just 500k Gallantry for all the Fiber/Metals, feels abit costly..
Only 48k Hallmarks for the Fiber/metals under Hallmarks..
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-10 09:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably increadibly naive, but secretly hoping that the inventory thing is implementing the armory system from XIV. I know that is like -100% possible, but would be amazing.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-10 09:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »

I think I might start stockpiling, just incase +3 does become a thing. Just from hallmarks, and only on months where I get all the other things.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-12-10 09:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

So THAT'S what erased all my temp items! Was helping someone do some R1 Caturae the other day and I legitimately couldn't understand why all my temp items had disappeared when I went to use a TP wing to break shield.
By Torzak 2021-12-10 09:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

"As an anti-RMT mercenary measure, certain monsters will now grant fewer of the following points when vanquished in an alliance of between 7 and 11 players."

"Certain Monsters" - I'm guessing this applies to Gates Zones which were previously known to allow alliances with minimal exp/cp impact which was quite different from other zones where the impact to exp was always obvious.

It's probably a stepped drop off of exp/cp/exemplar at 7, 8, 9, 10, & 11 players, with no further drops at 12 or more players.

I would be surprised if this is how it was implemented:
"So, the "exp nerf" is for SPECIFICALLY 7-11 players."
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-10 09:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's literally what it says 7-11, so
By Torzak 2021-12-10 09:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They suck at getting things conveyed/translated to us. In any case, it'd be easy to test.
 Valefor.Heabea
Server: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2021-12-10 10:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

when something doesnt make the gregorian calendar, they will claim it was fiscal calendar, easy out
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-12-10 10:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the most appealing item in this update is the increase of ambu gear to purchase per month.

Makes easier to returning/mules to catch up though with several better options available through dbox or not that challenging content i guess this came like 2 or 3 years too late
 Lakshmi.Vegetaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: vegetaa
By Lakshmi.Vegetaa 2021-12-10 11:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
5. Dragon Quest crossover event. Rare AF.

Any idea when this starts?
 Ragnarok.Lordjecht
Server: Ragnarok
user: lordjecht
By Ragnarok.Lordjecht 2021-12-10 11:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The number of times the following items obtainable with hallmarks or badges of gallantry can be purchased each month has been increased.
Token: Fingers / Ambuscade Token: Fingers +1 /

Typo?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-10 11:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cat's out of the bag rings+1 next update!

Just a mistake
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-12-10 11:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lordjecht said: »
The number of times the following items obtainable with hallmarks or badges of gallantry can be purchased each month has been increased.
Token: Fingers / Ambuscade Token: Fingers +1 /

Typo?

I think they let the cat out of the bag there. The increase in the amount of buyable abdjahls metals/fibers could mean we're gonna see +1, and likely +2, Ambuscade rings. Possibly even an augment path/system for them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-10 13:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I might start stockpiling, just incase +3 does become a thing. Just from hallmarks, and only on months where I get all the other things.

I am annoyed that this could possibly materialize. Fitting it pops up in between the conversation about inventory constraints. And I can't NOT stock up, because then I would be behind if it DOES happen. Or, I could be burning inventory space because it never WILL happen. I really hate these arbitrary changes without any explanation about the thinking behind it. Prob just to help new players and nothing more, but meh. Been burned before.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-10 14:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I am annoyed that this could possibly materialize. Fitting it pops up in between the conversation about inventory constraints. And I can't NOT stock up, because then I would be behind if it DOES happen. Or, I could be burning inventory space because it never WILL happen. I really hate these arbitrary changes without any explanation about the thinking behind it. Prob just to help new players and nothing more, but meh. Been burned before.

I completely agree with you. I don't want to do this. I am already having tons of inventory issues. All of my ambuscade gear has been +2 for a long time, so I generally have ignored metals/fibers. I just really don't want to be in a position down the road that +3 does happen, and then I'm instantly gimp because I didn't plan ahead for it. Especially if I could slowly build these stacks with 50k hallmarks.
By Zubis 2021-12-10 14:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll probably be 50 metal/fiber each per item right? Like Omen Cards.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-12-10 14:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can now get 375 fiber/metals from hallmarks/Gallantry. Inb4 +3s.

I actually see this as a soft confirmation that there AREN'T gonna be +3s. This change removes any time-gating for the ambuscade gear, so players can fully catch up and get their complete +2 sets. If they were planning +3s, they would still have a reason to keep the time-gating for these materials, since it would be also gating (presumably useful) +3 equipment. I'm seeing this as a way to get lower-geared players a way to catch up and build reasonable gear sets so that they are able to have a chance at participating in actual endgame content. It's basically a confirmation that the ambuscade sets are now "stepping-stone" gear that will lose relevancy over the next 6 months or so.

If they ever DO add +3s, it will be with a new set of materials.
[+]