What Do You Want To See In FFXI?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do you want to see in FFXI?
What do you want to see in FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
By RadialArcana 2022-02-05 12:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Square used to be ruled by the creatives way more than the accounting dept and they would spend ridiculous amounts of money creating games, then XIV failed completely and nearly destroyed the company.

Now the finance dept have far more control over spending than they used to, Square Enix is a business and the day they forget that they will get bought out by a bigger company as Activision was.
By Shichishito 2022-02-05 12:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

the merge of squaresoft and eidos(?) was where it started going downhill, the merge was in april 2003, long befor the release of FFXIV in 2010. maybe it went downhill a bit earlier cause comparing FFXI to previous squaresoft games i can't help but feel disappointed.

RadialArcana said: »
Square used to be ruled by the creatives way more than the accounting dept and they would spend ridiculous amounts of money creating games
and i yearn those days cause most of what came afterwards doesn't come even close to the quality of the games they delivered during that time.
By DaneBlood 2022-03-04 22:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
I think they should make ffxi a cloud game with just a small app to login through. Kill all servers and noone will be able to hack or RMT anymore. Then people can play it on their potato PC etc easily.

Make the base payment 720p for the $12.99, stream in 1080p for $13.99, 1440p $14.99 and 4k $15.99.

If you by hack mean cheating/botting this will not make it impossible to cheat.

I made a follow bot in POE solely based on reading the screen data and controlling my aura char with keyboard input.
only issue was if i ran faster then the aura character and would run out of screen it did not know where tog. fixed by simply ensuring both chars ran at he same speed
By fallingstars 2022-03-04 23:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsair have a 3rd roll, even if its only with using an SP

Indi-Regain

Get rid of Naegling, it broke the game.
[+]
By Homsar 2022-03-05 03:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, forgot this one but really think it would help everyone:

Replace the current Dyna-D RP system with one where a KI accrues the RP regardless of job played or equipment being on then have players apply RP to whatever eligible item they want at Aurix in Ru'Lude or something. Would really increase job flexibility and incentivize people to continue to participate in Dyna-D.
[+]
By Homsar 2022-03-05 03:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaaaaaah, one more:

Equalize the mob levels and amount of segments per mob in Sheol ABC and introduce a "fatigue" element to force players to do different zones to farm.
By RadialArcana 2022-03-05 06:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
RadialArcana gives SE regular massages using his uvula regardless of whatever shitty thing they do under the guise of FFXI being a struggling project barely staying alive instead of acknowledging it for being the low-effort money printer ran by a multibillion dollar corporation that it is.

Imagine finding fans on a fan forum, amazing discovery Sherlock.

Also the fact Square Enix is a billion dollar company is totally irrelevant, it would be like working for amazon and demanding they pay you 10 million dollars a week cause they are trillion dollar company. You get paid what you're worth to the company and the game gets the support it can fund, the size of the parent company is completely and totally irrelevant.

There are literally 2 people keeping this game going, the producer and the director.
[+]
By Seun 2022-03-05 06:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Equalize the mob levels and amount of segments per mob in Sheol ABC and introduce a "fatigue" element to force players to do different zones to farm.

We have moogle mastery as a measurement for progression, why not make it meaningful so players actually want to progress and increase it? It wouldn't be a stretch to add increased segment gains and increased RP gains based on MM levels and it would incentivize progression rather than penalizing players.

Much rather see them steer toward making Odyssey desired rather than just feeling like something to keep you busy while you're waiting for Abyssea V2...
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2022-03-05 08:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fallingstars said: »

I hate how true this is
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-05 08:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaaaaaah, one more:

You understand that B and especially A is like Ambuscade volume two for lesser geared people right? Not whole end game is build around top geared people.
By Homsar 2022-03-05 10:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine finding fans on a fan forum, amazing discovery Sherlock.

There's a difference between being a fan and fellating the shitty things SE does like you do time and time again.

SimonSes said: »
You understand that B and especially A is like Ambuscade volume two for lesser geared people right? Not whole end game is build around top geared people

Perhaps it's just my server, but I never see anyone using A or B for segment farms and that's reflected in the price of Scales/Hides/Wings.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-05 11:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps it's just my server, but I never see anyone using A or B for segment farms and that's reflected in the price of Scales/Hides/Wings.

Sounds like a player problem, but it is designed to suit the needs of a variety of players. Players can gain some Segments in A, a moderate amount in B, and a large amount in C. That also coincides with what SE specifically said about how players of varying skill levels would be able to RP gear from Gaol bosses. 'Higher veng levels reward more RP for those who can beat it'. This gives better players an incentive to do the highest levels, and gives newer/weaker players a place they can practice and make some progress in the meantime. Standardizing Segments across zones would do nothing but give all skill levels the same reward, and would make the cost of materials go down anyways. Also, Sheol A/B is a nightmare to traverse compared to Sheol C, because of how many floors it has and how it is structured. You'd probably still end up with less segments in an A/B run vs C just based off of the layout and having to run through floors manually. So that doesn't necessarily make it a better zone to seg farm. Sounds like you just want a spot to make a couple extra gil while farming Segments.
By RadialArcana 2022-03-05 14:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between being a fan and fellating the shitty things SE does like you do time and time again.

The developers of FFXI are not trying to fleece you, they are doing what they need to do in order to keep the game viable so they can continue to keep making updates. If you disagree with this why are you playing a game run by people you think are crooks?

They have worked on this game for near 20 years, many of us have played it for 20 years. This is not some massive game that is a money fountain to square enix (SE don't care about this game, they don't even get why we are still here), it's very much a passion project for the developers.

If they have not earned your trust by this point, when will they.
[+]
By Homsar 2022-03-06 05:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

they are doing what they need to do in order to keep the game viable

Which is engaging in shitty, money-squeezing behavior to string their player base along.

If you disagree with this why are you playing a game run by people you think are crooks?

I enjoy playing FFXI.

SE engages in shitty behavior to provide as little as possible for as much money as they can make.

These statements are both true and do not contradict one another. I don't know why people have to keep telling you this. It's as though you are being deliberately obtuse

many of us have played it for 20 years

Then you should be all too familiar with the shitty behavior SE has engaged in throughout FFXI's lifespan. Much of their shitty behavior can be blamed for FFXI not being as popular as it could have been.

This is not some massive game that is a money fountain to square enix

No matter how much you keep trying to pretend that FFXI isn't a purely profitable revenue stream for SE, it won't change the fact that FFXI is a purely profitable revenue stream for SE.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-03-06 05:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

they are doing what they need to do in order to keep the game viable

Which is engaging in shitty, money-squeezing behavior to string their player base along.

If you disagree with this why are you playing a game run by people you think are crooks?

I enjoy playing FFXI.

SE engages in shitty behavior to provide as little as possible for as much money as they can make.

These statements are both true and do not contradict one another. I don't know why people have to keep telling you this. It's as though you are being deliberately obtuse

many of us have played it for 20 years

Then you should be all too familiar with the shitty behavior SE has engaged in throughout FFXI's lifespan. Much of their shitty behavior can be blamed for FFXI not being as popular as it could have been.

This is not some massive game that is a money fountain to square enix

No matter how much you keep trying to pretend that FFXI isn't a purely profitable revenue stream for SE, it won't change the fact that FFXI is a purely profitable revenue stream for SE.

Purely profitable? I think not.

SE still need to pay for server storage and staff wages. While the out going money won't be as high as other bigger, more popular games its still not pure profit.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-03-06 06:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Trig said: »
fallingstars said: »

I hate how true this is

this.jpg
 Asura.Splendid
Server: Asura
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2022-03-06 06:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to be able to complete all the content I desire by myself without having to rely on others. Odyssey has completely turned me off of the game because of this. I don’t want to have to run multiple instances of the game or have to fellate other people that do in order to complete content.

ALSO NAEGLING *BARF*

I’ll be over here trying to actually be productive with whatever life I have left since I’m no longer the target audience of whatever form the XI industrial complex has taken.

TL;DR I’M AN OLD.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-03-06 06:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine playing an online game with others. The horror
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-03-06 09:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Splendid said: »

TL;DR I’M AN OLD.

Also this.jpg
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-03-06 10:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Splendid said: »
I would like to be able to complete all the content I desire by myself without having to rely on others. Odyssey has completely turned me off of the game because of this. I don’t want to have to run multiple instances of the game or have to fellate other people that do in order to complete content.

ALSO NAEGLING *BARF*

I’ll be over here trying to actually be productive with whatever life I have left since I’m no longer the target audience of whatever form the XI industrial complex has taken.

TL;DR I’M AN OLD.

You do realize you're talking about the game where you practically needed someone else to hold your hand just to walk 5 feet without dying, right?
By Homsar 2022-03-06 13:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
SE still need to pay for server storage and staff wages.

Modern server storage is dirt cheap and staff wages are tiny compared to what SE pulls in monthly. FFXI's operating costs are very low.
By Shichishito 2022-03-06 14:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
the real horror is beeing dependant on a cesspuddle of 30+ year olds with obligations who refuse to let go of their multi hour/day hobby even tho they don't have the time for it anymore so they resort to a mix of multiboxing, botting and gil buying while pretending to play a multiplayer game.
[+]
By Notacka 2022-03-06 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
the real horror is beeing dependant on a cesspuddle of 30+ year olds with obligations who refuse to let go of their multi hour/day hobby even tho they don't have the time for it anymore so they resort to a mix of multiboxing, botting and gil buying while pretending to play a multiplayer game.

By Draylo 2022-03-06 18:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »

Not rly, I love how people who still frequent these forums like to paint everyone else here as some cultist XI crazies. Those lunatics that still waste their lives playing a game that is deemed "dead" and unworthy, instead of wasting their lives playing a game that is hip and cool and modern. Gee wiz.

They are too cool bopping to the hip new game and labeling the old villagers as demented XI cultists. So dumb lmao, as if we can't enjoy other games or have an idea what we like. This is still an online game, regardless if more ppl multi box these days.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-03-06 19:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nashmeira cancels our debt and imprisons Naja Saleem for violating anti trust laws, contract fraud, and everything else in the book that can be thrown at her.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-03-06 20:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see the game progress to a point where if You cap out with master levels and with the right job/trust set up you can solo all content and then be able to play in an offline mode. My reasoning to hope it does this is future preservation. who knows if this game will be playable in another 5 to 10 years. would be cool to still be able to boot it up when servers eventually go down and still play even though it would be all solo. Maybe implement a friend code system that allows you to join other people's games so can play together?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-03-06 20:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Those lunatics that still waste their lives playing a game that is deemed "dead" and unworthy, instead of wasting their lives playing a game that is hip and cool and modern.

People seem way to influenced these days by what's popular as to whether they will like *NEW PRODUCT*, social media is warping peoples minds into herd zombies.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-03-06 21:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

People seem way to influenced these days by what's popular as to whether they will like *NEW PRODUCT*, social media is warping peoples minds into herd zombies.
Way too many people: "Pff, who wants to play FFXI? It's so old!"
The exact same people: "Yo, this game from 1997 is the best game I've ever played! I buy every port and play it for 50 hours each time!"

Some folks seem to be under this weird impression that we're only playing FFXI in 2022 to spite them or prove some sort of point. They can't wrap their heads around the idea that design philosophies from past console generations are really attractive to an entire audience of people.
[+]
By Afania 2022-03-07 05:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
"Yo, this game from 1997 is the best game I've ever played! I buy every port and play it for 50 hours each time!"

Where did you read that? I personally can't get into most pre-2010 RPG anymore, let alone 2000 era RPGs. Many of the design philosophy of old games often feel outdated on many levels.

There's only very few 2000 era games that sold very well today, and mostly because of theme/story, not the gameplay. SE released a few "remaster" of their old titles but none of them seem to make a hit recently. For example, FF6, the king of SNES JRPG, recently released remaster on Steam but so far it only has less than 800 reviews. Safe to say the "old games are the best" people are vocal minorities.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10