What Do You Want To See In FFXI?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do you want to see in FFXI?
What do you want to see in FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
By Shichishito 2022-01-06 12:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Should have given rolls to Luzaf. He looks better. What the hell kind of pirate has no dice!?
the one who already won all the rum.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I wish they would just get rid of the damn delivery box all together. Just put the gil straight into the repository and skip the annoyance. Bonus, it stops laundering and trying to hold more than 2 bil.

It would be great to stop muling ***too but I understand hoarders gonna hoard. Never know when you'll need that level 60 gear for that bc you swear you'll do never.
to be fair SE conditioned us to act that way, they don't provide storage for legacy content yet they developed a tendancy to make already outdated equipment usefull again. examples are unity augments or magian TP bonus and pulse weapons.
By Wiking 2022-01-10 16:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ability to bid on certain amount of single items in 1 go on AH.

Search function on AH.

Search function for bazaars, connect them all through a specific NPC where you can search for what you want.

I'd love a new engine but I guess that's out of the question.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-10 17:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Auction House, I think it would do a great deal for the economy to increase the number of items each character can sell. Adventurers tend to collect a bunch of stuff during our travels, and things don't sell as quickly as they used to, so a lot of items are discarded or sold directly to an NPC even at a 99% loss because we're so limited.

Why would I put that item up for 10k when I've got only one slot left and I've got another item to sell for 60k? And by the time that 60k item sells, I've gotten more items worth 50k and 300k. So either that 10k item just sits there in my inventory forever, or it gets sold to an NPC for 70 gil.

Increase the cap to 20 or even 30 items. At this point in the game's life, I can't see that being problematic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-10 17:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But then how would they con you into paying another dollar for 7 more slots jess?

No, offering to just pay more for more slots doesn't work, see then it's just a money grab and you make the players aware.

Also; The value of things is based at least partially on the fact that the AH can only hold 7 and only for a week. If you were able to put up 14 or 20 (whatever amount) you would be less pressed to actually sell it and prices wouldn't remain low. You change the number of slots you alter the entire economic balance.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2022-01-10 17:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Speaking of Auction House, I think it would do a great deal for the economy to increase the number of items each character can sell. Adventurers tend to collect a bunch of stuff during our travels, and things don't sell as quickly as they used to, so a lot of items are discarded or sold directly to an NPC even at a 99% loss because we're so limited.
I feel like so many players are so unoriginal that they'd just list more of what they already sell rather than a better spread.
By Wiking 2022-01-13 04:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to see a cooperation between SE and addon-creators. Obviously we need addons like gearswap to fully enjoy FFXI without having 200 macros for just changing equipment lol.
 Asura.Zigzagzig
user: zigzagzig
By Asura.Zigzagzig 2022-01-13 05:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Auction system same as GW2

Crafting same as GW2

No rmts , same as GW2

and a real Game support same as .... you know ... all the games not S.E products.

Cooperation with W.4 team will be true love.
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-01-13 06:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

Why would I put that item up for 10k when I've got only one slot left and I've got another item to sell for 60k? And by the time that 60k item sells, I've gotten more items worth 50k and 300k. So either that 10k item just sits there in my inventory forever, or it gets sold to an NPC for 70 gil.

Increase the cap to 20 or even 30 items. At this point in the game's life, I can't see that being problematic.

I hate to break it to you, but what you’re saying defies basic economics. If there wasn’t enough of said good, the price would go up and then people would use that AH slot instead - or “substitution”. Also, increasing the number of AH slots so RMT could drive prices to zero by undercutting would be counterproductive and would create even further deflation.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-01-26 15:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to monster claim, on 12th August 2005, Square Enix implemented some changes to counter and address the HNM/NM unfair claim advantage. One of those changes was to fix the situation where an HNM/NM/Monster would pop already claimed by someone else, due to a lower latency to the server by the player who claimed first. The change applied was the following

Quote:
*(2) Claiming monsters
Players are no longer able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will be unable to use those spells or abilities again for a certain duration.

Source 1 http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/backnumber/information/1208.html
Source 2 http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news5120.shtml

For it's time, this was a major problem for players, because the game revolved heavily around camping HNM / World NM, to progress into end-game content.

17 years later, the game has shifted from world POP / HNM / NM content, and I feel this workaround is now extremely hindering for the modern content we are currently doing on FFXI, and no longer needed or required.

Preventing players from instantly claiming monsters as they POP in modern day FFXI is pointless and counter productive in the following and not limited to these cases: (and surely other players can contend to more scenarios hindered by this measure)

- Job Point / Exemplary Point parties looking to maximize their chain, by continuously fishing for mobs as they POP, are sometimes prevented from instantly picking up the mobs popped in their respective pool of mobs from their camp.

- OdeC groups looking to maximize their yield in farming segments are unable to agro mobs instantly when they transition to a new floor, time is of the essence in Odyssey, and every second / minute will make a dent.

- The same applies to any other situation where adds are popping (example V20 Atonements / Vagary / Omen Trash / etc)cannot be picked up instantly due this measure.

Taking the above scenarios into perspective, it is unnecessary to limit the ability to instantly pick these mobs up as they POP, and they not only prevent you from casting a spell, but you'll also suffer by being further delayed from casting spells for a duration of time, which could make things a lot worse for no good reason. I am sure other players have experienced this before, and at this point in time, I really think this measure should be removed from the game, and players able to instantly pick mobs up as they spawn, it will also surely be line with the increase in the games pace and speed.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-01-26 16:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The claim system is still good, there are still bots trying to insta claim stuff before the model even appears. The claim system gives you a chance since it has slightly random duration. I was camping some minor stuff a few weeks ago vs a bot and I got 40-50% of the claims, since it had a max claim time setup. If not for that it would of got 100% claims.

For XP it only locks you out for a second, before you can cast again so I don't really see it as a huge deal.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-26 16:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It is pretty damn obnoxious and the mobs it's beneficial for are literally .000001% and should only work for NMs in the first place.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-01-26 17:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
The claim system is still good, there are still bots trying to insta claim stuff before the model even appears. The claim system gives you a chance since it has slightly random duration. I was camping some minor stuff a few weeks ago vs a bot and I got 40-50% of the claims, since it had a max claim time setup. If not for that it would of got 100% claims.

For XP it only locks you out for a second, before you can cast again so I don't really see it as a huge deal.

I disagree with you on this one, the pros of removing this system totally outweigh the cons. Whatever it (stuff!) was you were camping or farming can by no means be too relevant and in-demand to end-game content and that the majority other players are also camping that warrants this system to stay in place, it sounds extremely seldom.

Secondly, I've grinded over 16,800 job points across 8 jobs, grinded 10000 job points to unlock my first REMA augment and mastered 6 jobs so far, I've experienced losing the chain countless times for no god damn good reason except the lame claim system in place. Sorry but there is no justification why anyone should wait before they can claim a Apex mob when it instantly pops, and furthermore, no logical reason why they should suffer an additional wait if their cast / action was too early. Of course not ignoring the fact of how inconvenient the situation becomes, and that's just one example of many. It's indeed obnoxious.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-26 18:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
I disagree with you on this one, the pros of removing this system totally outweigh the cons. Whatever it (stuff!) was you were camping or farming can by no means be too relevant and in-demand to end-game content and that the majority other players are also camping that warrants this system to stay in place, it sounds extremely seldom.

Just try to get a popular Emp done on Asura. There is RMT nearly 24/7 at the 15 min pop frog, often 4 galaks in the last months as I have been trying to compete with them. I dont want 0% chance.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-26 18:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't the correct answer in that scenario be to add the Hat to Gold chests, and increase the spawn rate. The old ***needs to be improved, and not left to linger in misery.

Nothing should have 15 minute spawns. it should just repop on death. Or be spawned by a frog rare item. (and added to gold chests) all of abyssea needs that overhaul.

it's just archaic ***left for the sake of being a time sink.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-01-26 18:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Just try to get a popular Emp done on Asura. There is RMT nearly 24/7 at the 15 min pop frog, often 4 galaks in the last months as I have been trying to compete with them. I dont want 0% chance.

That does suck indeed, I am sorry to hear that, definitely not the case on Bahamut. It would be nice if Odyssey, Apex mobs, and all other mobs non-relevant to such scenarios were exempted from this system though.
By Hopalong 2022-01-26 18:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be realistic, I don't think SE is doing those small kinds of refining... all that content is scribed in stone and noone is going to change it.
By billnes 2022-02-04 19:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

2022 Wish List

Part 1

Square-Enix hires a third-party to translate the Eric S. Raymond essays The Cathedral and the Bazaar and The Magic Cauldron, to Japanese and makes both essays required reading for every employee in the company.

Part 2

1. SE at the corporate level, realizes the wit and wisdom of both Eric S. Raymond and Linus Torvalds.

2. SE corporate allows the the six-person, FFXI dev team to make the game Opened Source and release the server-side code for public scrutiny.

3. Anybody can submit changes to the server-side code. However, to prevent University of Minnesota-like Hypocrite Commits, SE scrutinises everything submitted to them and has the absolute final-say in what updates go up to the servers.

4. SE actually communicates with the people that take time out of their lives to write code. If SE rejects an author's code, the company will explain the reason for the rejection.

"If you treat your beta-testers as if they're your most valuable resource, they will respond by becoming your most valuable resource."

--- Eric S. Raymond
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-02-04 19:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i feel like if i ever wanted to know how it felt to do drugs, i would just go read a billnes post
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-04 19:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

billnes said: »
3. Anybody can submit changes to the server-side code. However, to prevent University of Minnesota-like Hypocrite Commits, SE scrutinises everything submitted to them and has the absolute final-say in what updates go up to the servers.
billnes said: »
4. SE actually communicates with the people that take time out of their lives to write code. If SE rejects an author's code, the company will explain the reason for the rejection.
those two equate to exactly what we already have: i'm afraid we can't do that cause PS2 limitations.
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
Server: Bismarck
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2022-02-04 20:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Namingway in all towns and access to locker, storage, and mog house from the field.
[+]
By Bazing 2022-02-04 21:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Shouldn't the correct answer in that scenario be to add the Hat to Gold chests

You can already get Doffed Poroggo Hat KI from boxes tho.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-04 21:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a decade since I entered abyssea, thought it was one of the missing ones

Raise the appearance rate then.
By llAKs0nll 2022-02-05 01:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

New UI update. Oh wait… that’s in a few days? Interesting what we may find coming soon
By billnes 2022-02-05 05:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
those two equate to exactly what we already have: i'm afraid we can't do that cause PS2 limitations.

I'm not a programmer, however I think I get your points. I'd like to be sure of exactly what your saying:

1. If SE released the server-side code to the general public, the very first thing everybody would do is write code that goes beyond the limitations of the PS2 hardware.

2. The reason why everybody would write code that goes beyond the limitations of the PS2 hardware is because people that are not employed by SE or SONY don't know the limitations.

3. For would-be FFXI programmers to know the limitations of the hardware, SONY would have to formally release its programming information to the public.

4. It's true that the official SONY EmotionEngine (EE) and GraphicsSynthesizer (GS) manuals (and a boatload of other info about the PS2 hardware) have been leaked to the web for over a decade. However, SONY doesn't want people working from manuals that are in the wild only because they were leaked.

I think that the jist of it, but if if you have any more info to share, I'd like to see it.
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-02-05 07:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please explain to me how, they can upgrade FFX but not FFXI when its from the same engine, and how is that linked to Ps2 anymore, maybe the tool kit sure, but that dosen't mean they cant create new ***they are full of *** ***, they just dont want to invest to 11 anymore its easy money for them we are addicted its like crack. i *** hate what they did to 11 its all 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 141 41 141 414 14 14 14 14 is *** boring after u finish main story and raids its literally an ARCADE RPG with a story not a *** M M O R G, am enjoying DQX much more than *** 14 with half *** google translating ***.

and wait HOW THE *** THEY CAN CREATE EXPANSIONS ON A WII GAME LIKE DRAGON QUEST X AND NOT ff11!?

the wii is barely stronger than *** ps2 they dont *** care

YouTube Video Placeholder

this is a *** wii game that runs also on ps4 and pc, why cant they just update ffxi? i am sick and tired of Re hashing content

Basically ffxi will always run even if there is 0 players because of botts they dont care, DQX is already bigger than FFXI when it comes to maps and assets too and they only have 6 expansions, i wish they release DQX in English its FFXi 2, or just add an expansion,
By RadialArcana 2022-02-05 09:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A custom engine was made for XI and was used for nothing else, the engine is a program that was created by high level coders at the company 19 years ago. The limitations of XI are centered around this game creation engine and not XI itself, paying a team of high level coders to come in and fully update this engine would cost the games entire budget and so if they did that it would mean you get no updates at all for 3 years. If XI got no updates for 3 years it would shut down at the end cause the only thing that keeps most people playing is new content.

The current XI dev team are not proper coders (when they need coders, they pay for some to come in and work on it for minor updates), because you don't need to be a skilled coder to use a game creation kit to make updates. An example of them paying outside coders to come in and work on minor things is the mog wardrobe addition or minor ui updates to swap gear between bags etc.

FFXI is still running because we begged on our knees for Square to not shut the game down 6+ years ago, the XI developers begged the finance dept and higher ups on our behalf to keep the game running when it made more sense to force most of us to go play 14. They allowed the game to not only continue running but the developers decided to go above and beyond and keep making new content for a 20 year old game to keep it financially viable, so the suits in the finance dept had no ammunition to shut it down year on year. Even a reduction in funding could lead to the end of development on the game, because they have stated if they have to lay any more people off they will just retire and quit working on the game as a team.

Now many of the same people who were begging them not to shut the game down are pi$$ing and moaning over paying a little extra optionally for a game the parent company don't give a crap about, and that they spend 50+ hours a week on.

Maybe be thankful the game is still running, maybe be thankful they are giving you something you want for a fee instead of not giving it to you at all, maybe don't be such a skinflint over a game you spend so much time on so the producer has a stronger hand when it comes to asking for another 3 year extension on funding in Oct 2022?

2022 is the final year XI is funded for of the 3 year funding they got last time, in 8 months the producer and director have to goto the finance dept again and ask for more money and they want 3 years again to work on long-term projects. If XI is making less money than last time they had the meeting for funding, it will possibly get funded for a single year instead of the 3 years it got last time, or not at all. If it gets a single year funding they can't fund big projects as they did last time, like a whole new mission line, new endgame, new armors, new music etc

You may not like that XI isn't getting expansions or isn't getting more content to your liking, but you're lucky it's running and getting any updates at all. You are well aware XIV is their golden child now, since it's full of casual gamers that love spending money on $15 carbuncle slippers, $30 mounts, $5 dyes and $8 fortnite string dance emotes ontop of spending $14 subscription fee.

Be thankful for what you have, be happy to spend money on something you value becasue you spending that money is the only reason it's still running.
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-02-05 10:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You may not like that XI isn't getting expansions or isn't getting more content to your liking, but you're lucky it's running and getting any updates at all. You are well aware XIV is their golden child now, since it's full of casual gamers that love spending money on $15 carbuncle slippers, $30 mounts, $5 dyes and $8 fortnite string dance emotes ontop of spending $14 subscription fee.

HAHAHA AND ERPING AS WAIFUS, maybe square enix should localize DQX, its the only game that plays like FF11 just incase
By Shichishito 2022-02-05 11:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

A custom engine was made for XI and was used for nothing else, the engine is a program that was created by high level coders at the company 19 years ago.
do you mean they were highly skilled coders and used difficult low lvl languages which are closer to machine code and for that reason more difficult to write and maintain but also faster or do you mean they used high lvl languages which i was told are easier to read and write code with? i mean if you told me FFXI's engine was written in python i wouldn't even doubt it considering how slugish and clunky it runs but i always credited that to like 2tic/sec rate and packetlos.

FFXI is still running because we begged on our knees for Square to not shut the game down 6+ years ago
no sir, can't remember either of my kneecaps to touch the ground.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10