New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dem galka bots doe
Dem galka bots doe
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
By RadialArcana 2021-08-13 13:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They buy 50-100 copies of the game during campaigns.

They don't care about being banned, as long as they make a profit. Buying FFXI to a RMT is like a carpenter buying lumber.
 Asura.Superiority
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Superiority 2021-08-13 13:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
For real though, is it worth it? You must not have a real job if you’re doing this. I’m going to go out on a limb and assume they’re banned within the month, then you have to buy all the accounts again?

18 x $29.99 is it? That’s $540. You must be doing this non stop to recoup your money before those accounts are gone.

Its laughable that you think bots are getting banned.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-08-13 13:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
They buy 50-100 copies of the game during campaigns.

They don't care about being banned, as long as they make a profit. Buying FFXI to a RMT is like a carpenter buying lumber.
And SE's like, wow this customer just bought 100 FFXI accounts during our discount campaign. Is this suspect? Nope.
[+]
By Rips 2021-08-13 13:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know how not banning works, but are these galkas not the exception? I’ve seen them fleeing around 24/7. I find it hard to believe they make it past the month.

Props to them if they do.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-13 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume they’re banned within the month

If the formulaic 24/7 CP RMT shouts on every server are any indication, I'd say that's not always the case. Same with obvious AH botters who buy things 24/7 and are still there 1-2 months later. Meanwhile, the JP Purity Brigade is able to get players banned that do relatively benign ***.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-13 13:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how they do it, maybe they use VPNs and buy in batches of 3-4 in an automated fashion. Who knows.

Ultimately, RMT are never going away no matter what they do because demand is never going away. If the dumb bots don't sell it, real players will start selling it and they do more harm to the game because they block everyone doing content instead of just spamming TW mobs in gusta.

They ban bots, but they ban on a monthly basis and not insta.

If you ban too quick, all you do is push the price of gil up due to lack of supply and when you do that you promote hackers attacking ffxi websites to inject trojans, creating fake lua scripts that steal accounts or send your gil to someone when you walk past a moogle or something and stealing players accounts to sell the gil.

Last thing a company wants is to push the prices up, you want to promote pleb bots to sell the gil and not reward players with better bots or more cutthroat tactics to get the gil.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-08-13 13:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
That seems like such a waste if it's free housing. they installed windows, walls and outlets, WHY?!
It should be enormous rooms with 50 double or triple bunk cots each, a cafeteria that supplies the bare minimum, and locker room bathroom/shower space using the easiest to clean setup, so hole in floor toilets.

A society can decide what their bare minimum is they're willing to tolorate. I would find that intolerable and would hope my tax dollars would pay for a lot more. Poor people are still people.

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Meanwhile, the JP Purity Brigade is able to get players banned that do relatively benign ***.

JP purity brigade cares very much about their galkas according to their Twitter.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-13 13:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If the dumb bots don't sell it, real players will start selling it

Psssst. Here's a dirty secret: Plenty of players have been selling gil for years. I'd love to know how many of the oldschool Dynamis linkshells where the peons were "lucky to fight for relic armor drops" were RMT operations.

Asura.Arico said: »
JP purity brigade cares very much about their galkas according to their Twitter.

Please link this twitter so I can subscribe to it's newsletter.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-13 13:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
If the dumb bots don't sell it, real players will start selling it

Psssst. Here's a dirty secret: Plenty of players have been selling gil for years. I'd love to know how many of the oldschool Dynamis linkshells where the peons were "lucky to fight for relic armor drops" were RMT operations.

I know but the price is so low that it's only worth doing to a certain point, if the value increases enough they will get real serious about it.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-13 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bans are far more often and they make far less than you think, which is why you're fishing for information on how they're doing it.

Desperate post.

Tldr eiryl wants some knight in shining armor to come in here and say "no!! It's so easy dude I just press alt F4 and SE doesn't ban me".

Either that or he made a post saying he can't do basic math
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-13 13:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference in possible:actual is quite dramatic.

I know how much they COULD make, I want to know to what level they went and actually DO make. From them, assuming they see it. A genuine curiosity.
By Rips 2021-08-13 14:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No fighting! We’re all familia.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-13 15:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
And SE's like, wow this customer just bought 100 FFXI accounts during our discount campaign. Is this suspect? Nope.

SE: “Please come back, sir!”
By Pantafernando 2021-08-13 15:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Familias fight all the time, though.
[+]
By Rips 2021-08-13 15:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Familias fight all the time, though.

True. Guess we really are all family.

<3
By Pantafernando 2021-08-13 15:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The difference in possible:actual is quite dramatic.

I know how much they COULD make, I want to know to what level they went and actually DO make. From them, assuming they see it. A genuine curiosity.

You can probably guess a number by checking every hour what chars are in an alliance in gustamberg and how long it takes for a new entire group to take over. Then estimate how many dumps they can get per day, multiplied by current gil/$ rate.

I also think there is a limit how much they can earn. Because given how small are some servers, having a full alliance is enough to have a noticeable impact on server, what increase the chance for new changes like a more restrict requirement to spark/acc conversion.

Plus, keep pumping gil in the market then the prices gonna drop, and you gonna make a huge amount of enemies in game
By Pantafernando 2021-08-13 15:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Superiority said: »
For real though, is it worth it? You must not have a real job if you’re doing this. I’m going to go out on a limb and assume they’re banned within the month, then you have to buy all the accounts again?

18 x $29.99 is it? That’s $540. You must be doing this non stop to recoup your money before those accounts are gone.

Its laughable that you think bots are getting banned.

Also, i guess if they keep restarting their chars, i guess that gonna reduce a lot the chances of being caught?

At least constantly deleting a char will make near impossible for players reports as their only reference is the char name.

So yeah, those bots are undead type. Unkillable. Unstoppable
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-13 15:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you kill...that which has no life?
By Rips 2021-08-13 15:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
How do you kill...that which has no life?

We all have no life in this game and we're all pretty susceptible. When there's a will, there's a way.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-13 17:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Would take an active staff member about 30 seconds to ruin this person's profit margins for a month. It's sad that SE is such a failure of a company
[+]
By Seun 2021-08-13 17:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Would take an active staff member about 30 seconds to ruin this person's profit margins for a month. It's sad that SE is such a failure of a company

Reflection. It would take an active player 30 seconds to report and ruin this person's profits. Are we a failure of a community?

90% of the people who say 90% blah blah are full of it, but I think it would be fair to say that if everyone here were reporting bots, the greater majority of us are guilty of violating ToS in some form, botting or otherwise.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-13 17:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's their system and their people that fail. The report relies on identifying the character.

Well the character is deleted before they even get notified. So. How's that gonna work exactly?

Report elitehawkweed right now. That galka will be deleted and replaced before anyone ever views a report saying elitehawkweed was botting.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-13 17:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I assure you the galkas have been reported hundreds if not thousands of times.

So no, you're absolutely wrong and your attempt to white knight this dumpster company is embarrassing.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-13 17:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's their system and their people that fail. The report relies on identifying the character.

Well the character is deleted before they even get notified. So. How's that gonna work exactly?
The more you post the more I wonder about you. They are definitely able to see what content ID and POL handle a deleted account is on. Feel free to go POS around on a new account and delete the mule. Your ability to talk out your *** and make assumptions that haven't been validated by anyone is a skill that no one equals you on.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-13 17:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They're able to do a lot of ***. They're willing to do none of it.

The barrier to get to a ban is ludicrously high "apparently".

You have to get reported. The report has to pass the 50/50 instant delete.

it has to make it to the inbox of an stf that gives a *** (another 50/50).

it has to get pulled from the pool of winner that made it to that round.

then it might still not get "investigated".

The "investigation" shows there's currently no galka with that name.

"oh well we tried"

And then even if they DO pull up the account and see who it was, they're going to see that particular galka was running around for like 3 hours. That doesn't automatically imply botting by their standard (whatever they may be)

There's no accountability, all you can go by is their word that they "totes banned a thousand players this month brah"
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-13 18:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

has any MMO ever tried to cash in by offering ban hammer powers towards obvious bots for a sub fee?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-08-13 19:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As in let the community try and police itself and turn into Lord of the Flies XI?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-13 19:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Forum moderators police their own communities and it generally works fine.

It's not that the job can't be done, it's that clearly the loss in subs outweighs the toothless complaints. (Which should be obvious)

And this is the unique part, every company on earth pushes the limits for profits, bend some rules, eat some fines, take some bad PR but get that paper... and then customers push back and the company rolls it back for a bit and does it again.

That doesn't happen with square. There is never even minimal pressure to "fix yo ***" Thats the part that drives me nuts. 100% of the customer base is fine with whatever it takes just don't risk it!
By Shichishito 2021-08-13 20:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

no, i mean SE charges you extra like they do for the wardrobes but you don't get more space but instead the ability to ban obvious offenders on the spot, skip the report to STF mickymouse BS.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14