First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-13 20:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
As in let the community try and police itself and turn into Lord of the Flies XI?

The new mentor chat bs is already plagued with random RMT advertisements in it from time to time. Blow it up and start all over again!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-13 20:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the development team didn't directly ban the people, they'd need someone to manage those who did. Otherwise you'd potentially have folks go mad with power.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-13 20:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ya know, if they would just use mordion, that'd work.

Send suspected bots to jail. If they stand there and don't ***, they were botting. Investigation over. Banned. Even regular players could handle that.

If you send someone not botting to jail out of malice or whatever then you get banned.

Puts everyone in line, puts everyone on notice that anyone at anytime could pop your ***.

(but again, it's a money issue, not a can't be done issue)
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-13 20:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
ya know, if they would just use mordion, that'd work.

Send suspected bots to jail. If they stand there and don't ***, they were botting. Investigation over. Banned. Even regular players could handle that.

If you send someone not botting to jail out of malice or whatever then you get banned.

If they're using a current off-the-shelf bot, this would work. However, you could easily mod one to detect you've entered Mordion and then act like a pissed off customer.

But yeah, I was just talking about this last week. I doubt any of XIV's GMs know how to manipulate XI well enough to even use Mordion anymore.
By Chimerawizard 2021-08-13 20:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

give the power to ban to RMTs.
They'll take out the competition until all the obvious bots are banned and only the ones that might actually be players will be left.

If normal players are left in the dark about it, we'll think SE's actually grown a backbone.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-13 20:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i've seen you guys talking about auto ban befor so there is some sort of automation tool that can detect obvious offenders and pull the trigger. apparently SE just doesen't pull the trigger anymore, you guys assume it's cause they'd lose money. on the other side we have plenty of folks that would love to pull the trigger for them, maybe even pay for doing so... profit.

ofcourse it's a service that should be covered by the basic sub fees and players shouldn't have to take care of it, SE themselfs should, but it wouldn't be the first thing that should be included but isn't and ppl are willing to pay extra.

first you could just see how it goes with limiting ban previliges to those obvious offenders that get detected by the system but for what ever reason don't get the boot. if it works and turns a profit you could consider to extend the system and add jail, votes and all that jazz although it would probably end in a abuse shitshow if done wrong. extending the system would also require SE to finally define the line between what is and isn't tolerated.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-13 21:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Brah, it should be a bil a DAY.
that assumes you go 24hours a day.

By joemamma 2021-08-13 21:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Big Trouble in Little China the story of how a single Galka alliance rose to power in a server full of lazy players with cash.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-13 21:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
i've seen you guys talking about auto ban befor so there is some sort of automation tool that can detect obvious offenders and pull the trigger. apparently SE just doesen't pull the trigger anymore, you guys assume it's cause they'd lose money.

I'll paraphrase someone more experienced and they can single themself out by saying "hey, that was me!" if they want to.

Quote:
It's a lottery system. They'll flag any POS warp, flee. Botting (idk their threshold) but if your char is moving or sending action packets consistently for too long that'll get a flag.

Then they suspend/ban a small % of the flagged accounts every week. Accounts less than (1-3 months?) old go straight to perma, Older accounts get 72 hr first then perma second.

If you see a definite date for when your suspension ends in your notification email, it's likely a ~72 hour suspension only.
By Shichishito 2021-08-13 21:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

imho adding permition to dispatch those RMT shout bots should also be included in the basic package. heck, SE could be slacking with new content for 2 years straight like the love to do and i'd still resub from time to time just to swing the hammer.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-08-13 21:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

joemamma said: »
Big Trouble in Little China the story of how a single Galka alliance rose to power in a server full of lazy players with cash.

I used to be a very hard worker... until I discovered that I shouldn't work hard when not working.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-13 23:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The one here on Odin appears to bazaar Crossbow bolts for his Galka army to buy and sit in the same shop.

This is the second time I've spotted it in the same location. The first time was brazzenly standing on top of the counter.

By Shichishito 2021-08-13 23:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

is this how you "launder" the gil? selling crossbow bolts for 1.5mil a pop? boy those RMT really go above and beyond, no wonder SE can't keep them in check.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-13 23:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know in the past, people would bazaar greatly over-priced items in Port Sandy or wherever for RMT to give them the gil.
By Rips 2021-08-14 01:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Most sellers on EpicNPC have their buyers put something in bazaar for whatever price and just buy that to hand them the gil, but that galka is probably just doing that to make it quick.

If I attempted to run 36 clients of FFXI my PC would say *** you and explode on me.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-14 02:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought about autoban function.

SE cant even add a NPC properly in the zone, just imagine if they should keep enabled such dangerous feature that could possibly go nuts and delete their entire playerbase in a second.
[+]
By Seun 2021-08-14 02:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
So no, you're absolutely wrong and your attempt to white knight this dumpster company is embarrassing.

If you're referring to me, I'm no knight. The sentiment here is that SE is a trash company because they can't/don't deal with violations. SE fights bots with bots and we've known that for well over a decade now. At best, I would expect reports to result in some sort of restrictions and/or possibly flagging of the accounts involved.

Many people here throwing ***at SE for inaction would probably be swept if SE went all in on persecuting ToS violators. Then what? SE is still a trash company because they didn't amend the game to include your favorite add-on. One man's bot is another man's 'QoL adjustment'.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-14 07:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
no, i mean SE charges you extra like they do for the wardrobes but you don't get more space but instead the ability to ban obvious offenders on the spot, skip the report to STF mickymouse BS.
Yea, I don't see any potential abuse at all, great idea. lol. Go ahead and just nuke asura while you're at it.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-14 07:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
just nuke asura

My name is Bob Dole and I support this message.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-14 09:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

SE cant even add a NPC properly in the zone, just imagine if they should keep enabled such dangerous feature that could possibly go nuts and delete their entire playerbase in a second.

according to some board users they ran it in the past and the servers didn't disappear. ppl suspected it to be turned on after nyzul isle exploit and medal incident, so when ever ***pilles up so high that they can't ignore it anymore.

it's assumed to look for obvious stuff like position and warp hack so i wouldn't be very concerned about false positives.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-14 13:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of banning players they should just allow offenders to be PVPable in any zone.

Imagine RMT is just doing RMT things. All of a sudden a DRG pops out of nowhere (he was invisible) and smashes the RMT with 4 jumps in a row.
[+]
By Rips 2021-08-14 14:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Instead of banning players they should just allow offenders to be PVPable in any zone.

Imagine RMT is just doing RMT things. All of a sudden a DRG pops out of nowhere (he was invisible) and smashes the RMT with 4 jumps in a row.

This is the winning contender.
By joemamma 2021-08-14 17:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

100% chance they would delete people's character data when trying to change out a log on campaign or something.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-08-15 00:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They just need to put a 7 day limit from character creation on spending sparks.

Would end it without needing to ban at all.
By Rips 2021-08-15 01:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

Oh damn. That would really *** them up.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-08-15 02:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

They wont do it b/c sparks is the new player on-ramp since low level equipment is stupidly expensive from merchant NPCs and nobody crafts that stuff anymore.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-15 03:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

None gonna do anything till the effects of it starts appearing more explicitly in games economy (aka inflation).

Considering that most of extremelly expensive gear/mats price even dropped from last year, i believe overall the cash influx is a good thing as it keeps the economy running (prevent deflation or further deflation, whats bad).

So, this thread is just jealousy. IDK how the galkas generate but so far it seems its not that relevant to the game economy, it isnt affecting 99% of players and its generating revenue to SE while feeding poor RMT chinese slaves.

Not justifying their practice but focusing in this garbage tier automation is just throwing smoke screen on the more shady business that happens behind curtains, and potentially can have worse impact in economy, what we have seen before already.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-15 05:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

On a game like ff14, when you see this:

It's not that the STF don't know they are there or they are incompetent, it's that they have decided to allow them to exist (in a controlled fashion) to stop the price of gil getting too high. It's a strategy they have created, you may not like to look at it but it has the least impact on the players in real terms.

If you create evolutionary pressure on botting, you end up with skynet wiping out humanity.
By alzeerffxi 2021-08-15 08:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

It's not that the STF don't know they are there or they are incompetent, it's that they have decided to allow them to exist (in a controlled fashion) to stop the price of gil getting too high. It's a strategy they have created, you may not like to look at it but it has the least impact on the players in real terms.

If you create evolutionary pressure on botting, you end up with skynet wiping out humanity.

wow this is an old pic come on man, do you want me to log in and show u it does not exist there is literally nothing you can make make off money from at that level.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-15 08:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »
RadialArcana said: »

wow this is an old pic come on man, do you want me to log in and show u it does not exist there is literally nothing you can make make off money from at that level.

I know you always get defensive when people say anything bad about ff14, I was just making a point that every mmorpg does this and they do it by design. It's the same on WOW too.

FF11 does not have a stf of its own, the stf work on ff11 and ff14.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14