New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » July 2021 Version Update
July 2021 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Manque 2021-07-12 03:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

JP Dev responded: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39824-%E4%B8%8A%E4%BD%8D%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3BC%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6/page19

こんにちは。

本日実装されました、★神竜戦についてご連絡となります。

★神竜戦は仕様上、レイヤーエリア化や予約システムの導入ができず、同時に参加できるPT数に上限があるため、非常に混雑が予想されます。

楽しみにされている方にはご面倒をおかけしますが、難易度の高いコンテンツですので、のんびりと攻略していただければ幸いです。

Good Afternoon.

Some news regarding the Shinryu HTBF implemented today.

Due to the configuration of the Shinryu battle we were not able to implement a layered area or reservation system and because there is a maximum number of parties allowed to participate at one time, we expect that the battle will be extremely crowded.

Sorry to cause trouble for those looking forward to the fight. Because the fight is a high difficulty encounter, we appreciate if you take your time when challenging the content.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-12 04:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, enjoy this shitshow asura.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-12 04:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should just move the fight to selbina and add a que on it. Reprogram it devs, DO IT!! lol
By Seun 2021-07-12 04:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
Because the fight is a high difficulty encounter, we appreciate if you take your time when challenging the content.

Is it just me, or are the words "appreciate" and "time" entirely too close together to be in a developer response regarding this situation? (இДஇ)
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2021-07-12 04:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Went and tried new htbf on ve. On blu/war. Standard high dd set up with a hybrid build r15 mythic. On ve trust only lived long enough to get am3 up. Had to balance white wind am3 sanguine blade. Constant debuffs. Had to use vile elixir and vile elixir +1. Noted lower hp below 25% hits where alot harder. Would not recommend solo farming.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-07-12 04:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
Because the fight is a high difficulty encounter, we appreciate if you take your time when challenging the content.
Anyone do this on VD yet? Did a duo earlier with a COR/nin on N, I was RDM/whm with trusts AAEV, Ygnas, Prishe II, and Monberaux. Didn't seem incredibly bad really so long as you have ample aoe cures, not sure what extra mechanics happen on D~VD though. Wildfire > Chant du Cygne > Wildfire beat it up pretty fast.
By Mrgrim 2021-07-12 04:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 1 run on normal diff w/ mnk, and only trusts. Was a clutch fight, but nothing dropped w/ th 4 sad life. I only did 1 run due to aforementioned things that have been said. Also the true challenge to this content is clicking as fast as you can to get in!
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-12 04:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blizzy said: »
Went and tried new htbf on ve. On blu/war. Standard high dd set up with a hybrid build r15 mythic. On ve trust only lived long enough to get am3 up. Had to balance white wind am3 sanguine blade. Constant debuffs. Had to use vile elixir and vile elixir +1. Noted lower hp below 25% hits where alot harder. Would not recommend solo farming.
I did it on VE on smn all the trusts died but siren tanked it np the rest of the fight. I think if there is no procing this could potentially be a pet fight which would be awesome. Maybe we need a new topic for strategy discussions instead of in the update topic.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-12 04:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What are this month's four chores? I know we just had Grow and Harvest. F that one. I'm guessing it's pop Gobbiebox 3 times or check Mog Garden flotsam 3 times? HTBF?
By lafilnemi 2021-07-12 05:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Mog
Coalition
Delve
Shadow lord
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-12 05:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mischief did several VD with low tp feed and Helix with sch run geo. Fire is very effective apparently. He got double drop on VD, but he said only rings and earrings are dropping (he joked about having ring for each finger).
Odin.Blizzy said: »
You was probably positioning trusts wrong. Kaggra made video on Normal and his trust being on side took almost no damage and him standing a little from behind under the wing also didn't get almost any damage or debuff.
By Aoibhe 2021-07-12 05:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just when I thought SE couldn't ***the bed anymore... No queue is beyond insane.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-12 06:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone still putting some effort into naming!

I'm surprised they didn't put some -dmg on these armors.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-07-12 06:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly easy melee zerg on VD with a group of 6. Dies in under 2 mins upon engage. We went with RUN THF COR BRD RDM WHM with only RUN THF and COR DDing.

4 rings, 2 earrings, 2 ammo in 6 fights.
Gains -50% PDT with wings down, but it's pretty brief.
[+]
By DaDrifter 2021-07-12 06:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Players: For years, the queue system sucks. Fix it.
Square Enix: Here is a battle without it.
Players: No queue system, WTF SE. This is beyond insane.
Square Enix: Hahahaha....sucks to suck, now to and repeatedly smash Enter (X) and have fun while doing it.

Score: SE 1 Players 0

Comedy at its finest...at least for find it comical.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-12 07:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Queue is what separates us from the animals. Order over heathenish chaos.

Luckily the gear ain't great (kinda meta explains why they chose not to make the gear better) So it's really not a big loss to let the artards climb over each other and break their f8 keys in the desperate attempt for the attention grab that is having gear before you.
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-12 07:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asurans be mad. Geez, Louise.

I don't think this will be too bad. None of it is that game-changing for current everyday use, so let the people who insist on getting it ASAP fight for it and give it a few weeks. It ain't worth the hassle for you Asurans.

Over here on Odin, I might lazily run it in the afternoons when the JP population normally rests.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-12 08:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lillith needed a queue system, this gear isn't that mind blowing.

Would be nice if they added one but it's not going to be needed after a couple of weeks. Will be just like every other HTBF, you're gonna just walk right in most of the times.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-12 08:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone noticed any performance improvement with the update at all?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2021-07-12 08:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I am happy with one thing whatever they did to Intel Processors or GPU scaling I don't run in slow motion in Whitegate, Nashmau and Adouin areas anymore so YAY for that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-12 08:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Non-Asurans: "Wow, this full file check sucks balls, but we'll be good after were back in"
Asurans: "REEEEEEEE NO QUEUE"
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-12 08:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Non-Asurans: "Wow, this full file check sucks balls, but we'll be good after were back in"
Asurans: "REEEEEEEE NO QUEUE"

Pretty much this. Everyone followed the subreddit hivemind and built Asura up to a giant cesspool. There's probably congestion in other areas of content as well. Either suck it up or move back somewhere sane.

"WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO US, SQUARE?!?!?!"
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-12 08:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Killed D with no drops so looks like nothing is guaranteed.

DRG COR WHM RUN GEO + KoH trust, dies pretty fast.

It needs to be very high then. Probably like 90% or something.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-12 09:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Little weird the preview said:
Quote:
・Adjust drawing for certain GPUs

But the actual update says:
Quote:
Improvements have been made to game controls for certain devices using Intel CPUs.

Totally different things.. haven't gotten a chance to see if it's any better or not yet, though.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-12 09:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They mean integral Intel GPU built into CPU.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-12 09:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Interested in finding out what the change actually was. A draw distance adjustment?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-12 09:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense, probably a localization thing then. Would expect to call them APU or at least be consistant across messages. Oh well, so much for better 30xx.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7