Windower... Can Anyone Tell Any Pro Or Con??

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Windower... can anyone tell any pro or con??
Windower... can anyone tell any pro or con??
First Page 2 3 4
 Lakshmi.Alaric
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-10-28 10:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How good is Windower??? I'm curious, everything I read about it sounds great!
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-28 10:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the best thing since sex.

Seriously though... Just go look at their website.

Pros:
Seeing TP/MP for the entire alliance.
Seeing distance away from a mob.
Auto-sorting inventory and Auto-lotting/passing any item in the treasure pool.
Seeing recast of spells.
Seeing duration left on effects afflicting/enhancing your character. (To a point.)
Ability to use APRadar to see any mob in a given radius from your character.
Unlimited Macro lines.

The list goes on and on.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-28 10:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There is definitely no con.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-10-28 10:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no, not another one of these threads lol. I forsee this thread being closed in the next few days haha. But anyways:

Pros
- Everything you can do with it.

Cons
- Slight chance of being banned (Usually due to your own stupidity and talking about it in game).
- Being hated by everyone who is unable to use it, or those that don't want to for moral reasons.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-10-28 11:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:

Doesn't beat a good BJ imo

But windower is great and has advantages for any job.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-10-28 11:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Only real con to windower is it's compatibility. Yes it has great compatibility with most systems but some vista users and some windows 7 users still cna't get certain plugins or scripts to work or they crash randomly. It's so random.

BUT if your still using XP then you shouldn't really have any problem with it.

As to being banned for talking about it... unless you say yea i run all my hacks and bots since i use windower yes you may get banned. lol but seriously i've used windower for 5 years now and I have people in my linkshell that openly ask me questions about plugins, scripts, macros, and stuff.

I answer those questions openly too, hell I get in a party with people I don't know and talk about using apradar and tparty plugin like it was part of the game.

Really honestly there's no reason to ban windower users because from Se's pool of people that play on PC, a poll on this website a long time ago showed that 60% of PC players used windower. Can SE afford financially to ban 60% of its PC user player base... of course not.

Sorry for the rant but I'll i've talked to quite a few GM's while using windower... they've told me they'[d read my chat log, they said they'd look at my history(no clue what they meant there) and i've never been jailed, banned, temp banned.

Bottom line, don't use hacks/bots, you'll be fine. Windower is the least of SE's problems now, plus wtf they care the new FF14 is coming out next year and close to half of ff11 servers will merge or close most likely.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-28 11:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Clinkclink said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

I said it's the best thing 'since' sex. And *** are oral sex. :P
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-28 11:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Oh no, not another one of these threads lol. I forsee this thread being closed in the next few days haha. But anyways:

Pros
- Being hated by everyone who is unable to use it, or those that don't want to for moral reasons.

Irrelevents
- Slight No chance of being banned

Cons

Fixed that for you. I'll consider the chance of being banned a con if you can tell me one single person that's ever been banned for using windower (windower != botting)

And people hating on windower users is just plain hilarious, definitely a pro.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-28 11:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

Pros

Irrelevents
- Slight No chance of being banned

Cons

Fixed that for you. I'll consider the chance of being banned a con if you can tell me one single person that's ever been banned for using windower (windower != botting)

And people hating on windower users is just plain hilarious, definitely a pro.

I'll have to agree here. I've been playing this game since just after xbox release and I have never once heard of anyone being banned for using windower EVER. If you talk about using 3rd party apps in game then you are a fool and deserve to be banned. SE cannot detect (at this time, or probably ever) the usage of Windower.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-10-28 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yea, but I'm sure if you were talking to a GM and said, hey I use this third party program called windower you'd probably get banned. Now, no one's stupid enough to do that, but still...the chance is there. So it's still 'slight' haha.
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Server: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-10-28 11:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give this thread until page 2 before it becomes a steaming pile of retards bashing windower.

On topic: Windower is the greatest thing to happen to XI since it was released. There is no good excuse for not having it aside from "it won't work on my computer due to visa issues" and such.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-28 11:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Lol yea, but I'm sure if you were talking to a GM and said, hey I use this third party program called windower you'd probably get banned. Now, no one's stupid enough to do that, but still...the chance is there. So it's still 'slight' haha.

Not that I'm about to test the theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if even a GM turned a blind eye to being told straight out that you use windower. Pretty sure everyone in SE's employ knows full well, just as the players do how wide-spread windower usage really is. They don't ban people for using windower not just because they can't detect it, but because if they banned everyone for using windower they'd kill their income, end of story.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-10-28 12:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of want to spend 12 dollars and make a new account just so I can call a GM and tell them I use windower just to see what would happen lol.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-28 12:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
I kind of want to spend 12 dollars and make a new account just so I can call a GM and tell them I use windower just to see what would happen lol.

lol like call a GM and ask how to setup your SpellCast plugin? that'd be great lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-10-28 12:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, that'd be awesome. If I had a seperate acount I didn't care much about I would definitely do it. It'd be the perfect test to see whether they care or not. Would have to try it on a few GMs tho.
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-10-28 12:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol i've done /sh's in wg about windower and never had any problems. Only had one guy tell me he was gonna report me if i kept speaking JP using windower instead of buying a JP game.
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-10-28 12:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Gilgamesh.Clinkclink said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

I said it's the best thing 'since' sex. And *** are oral sex. :P

Either way its the same end result
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-28 12:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
lol like call a GM and ask how to setup your SpellCast plugin? that'd be great lol

lol'd

There is nothing bad about Windower, and if you're on a PC and not using it, start using it. There is no excuse, and if you're being a "goody two shoes" stop it.

Yes, Windower has "cheats"... but... you don't have to use them, etc.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-28 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:

NOTHING IS BETTER THAN SEX, well good sex anyway.

It probably is better than fat girl sex.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-28 12:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Con: Can't use it on 360 >(
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-10-28 13:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

Good sex is like winning the lotto (i.e., good luck).
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-28 13:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

Good sex is like winning the lotto (i.e., good luck).

then you are doing it wrong.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-28 13:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
then you are doing it wrong.

I see what you did there.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-10-28 13:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dosen't Square Enix Log our chats in -game????

I wouldn't be talking to anyone about it at all, unless you have Vent, skype etc etc...

Leave not a trace when your talking about Windower... that's still asking for trouble!!!

A con... well its been metioned... even tho its good to have for multitasking.. it can still slow your cpu considerably a bit..from what I have heard and read!!!( slow meaning you have other windows opened up or other operations running i.e Winamp for music or other webpages!)

Just be careful out there, guys!!! Enjoy it and have fun with it!
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-28 13:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Con: Can't use it on 360 >(

That's not a con. That's a "User needs to upgrade"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Alaric
Server: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-10-29 16:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys werent kidding, thanks for the info!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-10-29 16:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

LOL! and that plugin are mostly for computer programmers...even i study computer program and use mostly the same codes....i don't do it ;< too lazy and no need it for melee jobs(unless i get vampire earring or lvl nin)....for my blm(just got blm 75 3weeks ago) ...well...thats different if you have relic pants,ugg neck,sorc ring,elemental obi,fast cast set for the start of the cast and stuff...you will want to learn how to use it XD
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-10-29 16:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd put my nonexistant relic on the line that the banhammer will come on a day nobody expects it. Anyone who openly mentioned the use of windower will get banned just like salvage dupes.

SquareEnix gets a pretty good income stream of revenue from this game and they will likely make an example of those using AND openly discussing the use of 3rd party applications by banning them when they expect their earnings to decrease drastically due to people cancelling subscriptions.

But for the record, yes, Windower has the capability of making a good player even better by increasing their overall efficiency. The only con to windower is people have a tendency to slack off a little, (ie not properly calling out skillchains on HNM/JOL/etc because you assume the other guy can see your TP as well).

The biggest issue I've noticed with Windower is that it's not very stable. Logging out of the game can sometimes cause your windower to fail entirely, thus forcing you to terminate the session entirely. Granted, I bought a computer with Windows Vista installed and switched it back to XP (bad idea due driver issues with hardware/software) but I know I'm not the only person with this issue because I've had friends on vent *** about it as well.

Pardon the massive wall of text, just figured I'd make a few points.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-10-29 16:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As to compatibility, we're working on that. The 4.0 alpha release works perfectly on Windows 7, but you'll miss out on most of the plugins mentioned in this thread, as they're not ported over.

As to the 3.42 branch, you'll have to bug Aikar to update it so windows 7 retail works a bit better. If you're running Win7 RC1 it should work fine, as long as you install the 3.42 hook (on windower.net forums)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4