Windower... Can Anyone Tell Any Pro Or Con??

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Windower... can anyone tell any pro or con??
Windower... can anyone tell any pro or con??
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2009-11-01 12:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Lakshmi.Kitrah said:

A violation is a violation is a violation is a violation, no matter how you twist it.

Either be cool with the various ways to take advantage of FFXI or don't. But, to accept one way but not another is just plain hypocrisy.

Raping little girls is a law violation. Downloading copyrighted material is a violation too.

Seriously I wonder why people are ok with piracy but not with raping :]

That's basically what you are trying to say :)

People who rape little girls are ok with it as people who download copyrighted material are ok with that. But, both are still illegal. So, yes, that's what I'm trying to say :)
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-01 12:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kitrah said:

The degree of which is more wrong is a matter of opinion. Also, they are under two different statures of Law. One is defense and the other is homicide. There are no separate levels of SE-violations. Whether GMs do their job or not, gil buying and Windower are on the same level of 'wrong' according to the people who make the rules. I'm only basing it on facts.

There are different levels of infractions according to SE. Ie, that dupe trick was a perma-ban while botting is a temp-ban.
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2009-11-01 12:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Lakshmi.Kitrah said:

The degree of which is more wrong is a matter of opinion. Also, they are under two different statures of Law. One is defense and the other is homicide. There are no separate levels of SE-violations. Whether GMs do their job or not, gil buying and Windower are on the same level of 'wrong' according to the people who make the rules. I'm only basing it on facts.

There are different levels of infractions according to SE. Ie, that dupe trick was a perma-ban while botting is a temp-ban.

I honestly didn't know there were different levels of infractions. Until now, I thought one would get banned for Windower the same way one would for buying gil. I stand corrected.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-01 12:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kitrah said:

People who rape little girls are ok with it as people who download copyrighted material are ok with that. But, both are still illegal. So, yes, that's what I'm trying to say :)

So people using Windower are ok with it, but that doesn't mean they're ok with gilbuyers/botters. So I don't really get your point.

Piracy = rape ? Either you answer yes, in that case you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but it makes your point valid.Either you answer no, in that case your point is invalid.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-01 12:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kitrah said:
Garuda.Antipika said:
Lakshmi.Kitrah said:

A violation is a violation is a violation is a violation, no matter how you twist it.

Either be cool with the various ways to take advantage of FFXI or don't. But, to accept one way but not another is just plain hypocrisy.

Raping little girls is a law violation. Downloading copyrighted material is a violation too.

Comparing apples to oranges. If you truly believe that those are the same, you're a [edited out no flaming here]
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2009-11-01 12:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Lakshmi.Kitrah said:

So people using Windower are ok with it, but that doesn't mean they're ok with gilbuyers/botters. So I don't really get your point.

Piracy = rape ? Either you answer yes, in that case you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but it makes your point valid.Either you answer no, in that case your point is invalid.

My point is you are mincing moral opinion versus the facts. YOU obviously feel that rape is worse than piracy, and in that, I AGREE with you. BUT, factually, BOTH are illegal. My point is it's hypocritical to call foul on one SE-violation but be ok with another. (Wanna hear something really messed up? In some cases, you might get more time for piracy than rape because piracy is a federal violation. I think that's f'ed up, but it's true.)
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2009-11-01 12:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Lakshmi.Kitrah said:
Garuda.Antipika said:
Lakshmi.Kitrah said:

Comparing apples to oranges. If you truly believe that those are the same, you're a [edited out no flaming here]

You're missing the point, but I'm not surprised. Rape and Piracy are BOTH illegal like apples and oranges are BOTH fruit. I'm NOT arguing the moral value. I'm simply speaking the facts. And, there's nothing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE about that.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-01 12:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know that both are illegal, still it's not hypocritical to think that rape is worse than piracy. Therefore it's not hypocritical either to think that gilbuying is worse than using Windower.

It's a matter of opinion yeah, to the eye of SE it doesn't matter, both would gets you a ban, but we all know that right ?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-01 12:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE banned windower users, FFXI would be a dead game period. They'd lose EASILY over half of their customers, if not, more.

Edit: more dead
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-01 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
If SE banned windower users, FFXI would be a dead game period. They'd lose EASILY over half of their customers, if not, more.Edit: more dead

I have to admit, at this point, I am unsure as to why SE does not just allow the use of windower, they know people use it, they know they cant be stopped other than banning. It is a known fact that using windower allows players to use 3rd party programs, but the responsibility falls on the player not to use them, or suffer the consequences if caught using them. Sure, its like giving a 16 year old the keys to a Porsche or a Corvette, you know they are going to drive it. Is windower all that bad though? It allows good players to become better with the script setups, the plugins and all that other stuff. From an endgame standpoint, without windower, I would probably be lost as all hell with /recast on every macro, 3-4 macros just to get one spell off properly. It simply allows players to utilize what SE should already have given us many years ago, more macro lines. The book doesnt help much when you have to swap 11 pieces as a mage going from enfeebling to nuking as BLM. I know you can still be banned for using it, but why, just because you want to play your jobs better. To me, thats a load of ***.
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2009-11-01 12:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
If SE banned windower users, FFXI would be a dead game period. They'd lose EASILY over half of their customers, if not, more.Edit: more dead

I have to admit, at this point, I am unsure as to why SE does not just allow the use of windower, they know people use it, they know they cant be stopped other than banning. It is a known fact that using windower allows players to use 3rd party programs, but the responsibility falls on the player not to use them, or suffer the consequences if caught using them. Sure, its like giving a 16 year old the keys to a Porsche or a Corvette, you know they are going to drive it. Is windower all that bad though? It allows good players to become better with the script setups, the plugins and all that other stuff. From an endgame standpoint, without windower, I would probably be lost as all hell with /recast on every macro, 3-4 macros just to get one spell off properly. It simply allows players to utilize what SE should already have given us many years ago, more macro lines. The book doesnt help much when you have to swap 11 pieces as a mage going from enfeebling to nuking as BLM. I know you can still be banned for using it, but why, just because you want to play your jobs better. To me, thats a load of ***.

I agree with you 100%. But, that same argument can support other violations like gil buying. Ask the guy who wants to be just as good as you, but cant invest the time needed to earn the gil. I think ALL of it should be SE-approved and left to the discretion of the user.

-LOL, if you replaced some of your words, your argument would sound like mine for legalizing '420' in the US. But, that's a whole other subject!-
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-01 12:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said:

I have to admit, at this point, I am unsure as to why SE does not just allow the use of windower, they know people use it, they know they cant be stopped other than banning.

Opening the Pandora's box... Current SE policy is perfectly fine. Windower or any third party tools not allowed BUT not actively -searching- for Windower user.

It's exactly the same with piracy actually, it's forbidden, yet half of the world ain't jailed (and it wouldn't be hard to catch everyone downloading stuff illegally online, as easy as catching all windower users.)
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-01 12:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
My con is it made avatars look funny. ;(

Other than that, nothing.

Change your settings D:

Hmm. Which settings?
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-01 12:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I could get into that subject, but not now. But I will raise this question: Should using a bot be legal, and left to the discretion of the user? I do not think it should be. Having good gear only makes good players better, having bad gear makes bad players worse, and that is why I refuse to exp party in the dunes at any point, been there 13 times over 2 chars. The thing is, with a good geared player, tank mage or dd or support, 6 lines isnt enough for gear swaps. Knowing how long until you can cast the spell you need to cast, or will need to cast is not a bad thing. I could do this all day, but you agree with what I said. You are right though, my argument could be used to support anything SE finds you doing that can get you banned.
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-01 12:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Opening the Pandora's box... Current SE policy is perfectly fine. Windower or any third party tools not allowed BUT not actively -searching- for Windower user. It's exactly the same with piracy actually, it's forbidden, yet half of the world ain't jailed (and it wouldn't be hard to catch everyone downloading stuff illegally online, as easy as catching all windower users.)

Both could be done with ease, im busted on both sides of that LOL. It is a Pandora's Box, and that is exactly why SE wont confront the issue, nor fix it. They know some of the players are only using windower to make their jobs easier, they also know some are finding holes in the game to cheat. They cannot legally check what you have installed on your computer, invasion of privacy. With illegal downloads, all they need is an IP address to track to you, bam youre busted.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-01 13:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Sylph.Otsego said:

I have to admit, at this point, I am unsure as to why SE does not just allow the use of windower, they know people use it, they know they cant be stopped other than banning.

Opening the Pandora's box... Current SE policy is perfectly fine. Windower or any third party tools not allowed BUT not actively -searching- for Windower user.

It's exactly the same with piracy actually, it's forbidden, yet half of the world ain't jailed (and it wouldn't be hard to catch everyone downloading stuff illegally online, as easy as catching all windower users.)

Salutary Neglect, baby. Always works.
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-01 13:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Salutary Neglect, baby. Always works.

Probably confused someone, I know it did me. I had to actually look up what that meant.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-01 14:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
My con is it made avatars look funny. ;(

Other than that, nothing.

Change your settings D:

Hmm. Which settings?

Uh it depends. It could be aspect ratio, or just normal settings.

A nice guide to improve your graphics.
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-01 14:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. I'm not sure which one it is. All other graphics in the game look decent. Except avatars.

User submitted image

Any ideas?
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-01 14:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
Ok. I'm not sure which one it is. All other graphics in the game look decent. Except avatars.

User submitted image

Any ideas?

Ew. Well follow the guide to improve your graphics. The edges are kinda harsh. Nooooo idea wtf is up with your avatars, though. Hopefully someone else here would know, or maybe fiddling with the regedit will help some. :s
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-01 14:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:

User submitted image

Any ideas?

Ew. Well follow the guide to improve your graphics. The edges are kinda harsh. Nooooo idea wtf is up with your avatars, though. Hopefully someone else here would know, or maybe fiddling with the regedit will help some. :s

Ok. Thank you. :)
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-01 14:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
Ok. Thank you. :)

Good luck with that D:
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-01 14:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm *pretty sure* I've seen that problem elsewhere, and I think it was due to the default "square" resolution ratio POL uses for PC (512x512). I could be totally talking out of my ***, but try setting the background resolution equal to your overlay/window resolution (e.g. Overlay: 1024x768/ Background: 1024x768) and seeing if that helps. Directions should be in the guide posted above. Even if that doesn't fix the problem, it'll make things look cleaner, at least.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-01 14:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Clinkclink said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
It's the best thing since sex.
Doesn't beat a good BJ imo

QFT

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
It's the best thing since sex.
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN SEX, well good sex anyway.

It probably is better than fat girl sex.

Hey! They need lovin too... lol