Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Iron Giant Ambuscade V1
Iron Giant Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2021-11-16 08:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People had been using hybrids since brews were a thing. It's just that we didn't have the gear and buffs to support it outside of that application.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-11-16 11:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikomizuhara said: »
Odin.Demhar said: »

RNG/DRG ML20
Stack 25
Buffs: BRD: HM Min x3 COR: Chaos/Sam
few tweaks and 99k reachable for Detonator

Nice what gear you using for those? R20 ikenga?
Just the Ikenga body

Updated: 99k Detonator
 Asura.Alseyn
Server: Asura
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2021-11-16 13:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I seem to recall (I can't remember where) that the Tenzen bow is 100TP bonus and that it's a typo.

This jumped out at me because it would have been a typo for a long time, so I checked the JP wiki. It says that the description used to say "TP Bonus +100" to be consistent with old items like Magian weapons, and the +100 stood for +100 percent. It also notes that the weapon came in ahead of the changes to TP display in the June 17, 2014 version update, and ever since then has been confusing players with its description.

Edit: My bad, I misread the line. It was saying that Magian weapons still had "TP Bonus +100" at the time but Hangaku was added with "TP Bonus +1000" before those weapons were updated.
Basically, the 4-figure TP value predated the change to TP display, as Hangaku was added a couple months before the change was implemented.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-11-23 22:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Liking rng rng cor tank heals brd for this. Can be around 6min kills.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By macsdf1 2021-11-24 13:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

we're doing run, rng, cor , cor, brd, rdm for this.
rng solos the frost, cors on flame. rdm debuffs and flurry, heals as needed.

2 cors means 4 rolls, and lots of RD as needed
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-11-24 16:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Don't know what the text says, and its probably a lower difficulty, but this guy isn't keeping them close in % and they seem to freeze after a certain point? Then he swaps targets to repeat the process. What causes the freezing, just a dmg threshold? Apparently the en-silence on attacks is something new too.

I just returned a few days ago, but my mentality on Dancer is always the same; I assume I can solo anything, until proven otherwise.

I knew (know) nothing about this fight. I hopped into Easy, and it's pretty straight forward fight. Until I read the response to your post, I was unaware there was any damage reduction mechanics at all. I thought the only trick was keeping their HP close.

I went Dnc/Sam, Sylvie(Geo), KoH(Rdm), Qultada(Cor), Ulmia(Brd), and Cherukiki(Whm). I burst one down, swap, repeat, until dead. They do regen a decent amount while in the 'frozen' state, but I didn't really know a way around that. I haven't run into any issues yet, and everything is fairly smooth in full dps gear with haste samba. Always have tank gear and fan dance if needed.

I have tried Normal, but Amnesia is the death of Dnc. I plan to try /nin and see if I can avoid amnesia.

Personally, I think most solid DDs that can Self Skillchain, can solo Easy with trusts.

Quick Tests:
I tanked both, unfrozen, and only used Aoelien Edge. Blaze takes exactly 1/10th of the damage that the Frost took. (EG 988 AE on Frost, was 98 on Blaze)

I tried Dnc/Rdm and Enthunder 2... about 16 dmg a hit, and they just wipe the buff anyways, lol. Still won but not feasible.

I tried Dnc/Run with runs, it does about 20dmg a hit, and it doubles when the other is frozen.

Neither of these was more beneficial than DPS subs though.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-11-25 15:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1 RNG is good enough for Frost. CORx2 on Blaze is def better with rolls. If taking rdm or geo sub SCH for Voidstorm, it helps.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7