Iron Giant Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-11-10 19:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The way we did this last year was COR COR NIN GEO RUN BRD.

NIN and one COR would focus on Frost, while the second COR would do Blaze. The solo COR will need to coordinate with the other COR to occasionally ask for help catching up on damage. NIN would run out during -ga spam, though that may no longer be necessary. BRD and GEO would be /whm(even more useful now with Master Levels), and would heal RUN. The only threat is during -ga spam.

Now, this doesn't account for whatever changes were made to the mobs. If their resistances have changed or will change throughout the fight, then the strategy will need to shift.
[+]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-11-11 22:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall them having Regen last time this was around. We have not figured out what the trigger for it is but it is certainly slowing down the fight more than normal.
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-12 00:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I both liked and disliked this Ambu lol

Went on Ninja and found myself SC and Bursting my Target. Event lost the tank and we ended up just having two ninjas DPS and Tank their own till they died.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-13 11:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-11-13 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs confirmation: SE said they adjusted this fight. I definitely don’t remember these guys getting a regen effect. Was doing rng method and fight slowed down substantially. Was this the adjustment? Like I was clearing this in 10 minutes on VD before and now that’s not happening

Kept HP within 3% of each other entire fight. Just did D and still got a regen effect under 50%. Ah well
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-13 16:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a cor cor yesterday, clear in 9min when all went well.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-13 21:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't figure out what triggers the Regen at all. When it happens it feels like it more or less kills the run.
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-11-13 22:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

On D I could power through the regen np, VD no chance
By macsdf1 2021-11-14 00:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

any translations for the rng rng cor cor strat they used?
what bows were the rangers using with empy arrow?
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-11-14 01:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
what bows were the rangers using with empy arrow?

Fully-upgraded ambu bow would be my assumption.
By Draylo 2021-11-14 03:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What the heck did they change these are dumb
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-11-14 05:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

You know SE, the greatest violator of the old “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” adage.
[+]
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2021-11-14 06:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

This is the ranged comp version for the return of the Iron Giant ambuscade.

Comp: RUN, RNG, RNG, COR, COR, BRD.
RNGs take blue Iron Giant, CORs take red Iron Giant.

Songs: Minuet, Minuet, Honor March, Etude. Dark Threnody on red Iron Giant.
Rolls: Chaos/Samurai & Wizard/Tactician

RNG does Empyreal Arrow using Hangaku-no-Yumi.
COR does Leaden Salute using Death Penalty.

RUN applies Tenebrae Gambit/Rayke to red Iron Giant.

Empyreal Arrow is stupid strong in a low support scenario.

If you max Hover Shot, it can hit for close to 60,000.

We keep an eye on the HP balance as we wear the two Iron Giants down.

Once Rayke wears off, the COR output will get halved, so one RNG works on red Iron Giant using Trueflight to keep the HP balanced.

If you haven't thought about it for a hot minute: Hangaku-no-Yumi
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-11-14 06:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »

You know SE, the greatest violator of the old “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” adage.

Too true haha. I really don't like this ambu...and yeah the added regen, ugh.

I wish they'd bring back the mandy one so I can get that cute mandy watermelon shirt. Been waiting bout a year. :(
By macsdf1 2021-11-14 06:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

well, ***, gotta farm some tenzen?
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2021-11-14 06:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote "close to 60,000" in the translation but actually it's more like "around 60,000", lol. (Most of what I saw in the log after a brief check was in the 40k-50k ballpark.)

By macsdf1 2021-11-14 17:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

guess dont really need tenzen bow, guildie used yoichi and hit same numbers. Failnaught prob works fine too
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-11-14 18:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

you can hit 60k Trueflight at max hover shot. So it depends on your set up & whos tackling what with precise coordination
By Draylo 2021-11-14 23:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The mechanics just dont make sense, keeping them very similar HP % (one was 89% the other 93%) and one of them 1hrs anyway. Sometimes one of them freezes and becomes invincible, theres a lot of weird mechanics going on. The regen thing I thought maybe since everyone is keeping them close together but can't confirm.
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-14 23:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The mechanics just dont make sense, keeping them very similar HP % (one was 89% the other 93%) and one of them 1hrs anyway. Sometimes one of them freezes and becomes invincible, theres a lot of weird mechanics going on. The regen thing I thought maybe since everyone is keeping them close together but can't confirm.

The Japanese OF posters are equally as puzzled and annoyed.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-11-15 00:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »
you can hit 60k Trueflight at max hover shot. So it depends on your set up & whos tackling what with precise coordination
is this with gambit and rayke or any geo buffs?
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2021-11-15 11:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

On VD, we ran two tanks and split them apart at different pillars and they still had massive, passive regen that seemed to gain as the fight went on. So it can't be because they are close together if you also had the regen issue with them together.

We had one run where we kept them within 5% and kept them close together it had massive regen, and another where we split them apart and their health slipped to around 10% difference a couple times but never froze/invincibled. Same deal more or less, with there being an annoying passive regen, but it seemed worse on the run where they got a little farther apart (both in distance and HP).

It feels like the invincible freeze should have triggered some of the time but didn't, so maybe every time it's supposed to trigger, whether it does or not, they get an extra stack of permanent regen as punishment? I can't think of anything else that could cause this or any other way to deal with it, but a couple people have sworn they never let it get more than 3% apart and have the same issue, so it doesn't make sense. No matter what you do, it seems to have ridiculous regen.

Maybe they made this Ambu adjustment with Master Levels in mind, and ML definitely make us more powerful depending on job, but not THAT much more powerful. We ran in with really well geared dps and it didn't matter.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2021-11-15 11:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've experienced, it's kept within ~5% differential at all times, and make sure you tick over every 10% mark at roughly the same time or they're going to do ignorant ***. Particularly, if they get to far apart and start doing the thing where 1 freezes and goes invulnerable, just quit and restart. It's not worth the ignorant BS to try and salvage.

Our setup was the run,cor,rng,rng,brd,sch. The one did manafont every time, RUN just has to make sure they have CDs on for about ~85%.

I spent the entirety of the fight recasting phalanx, cocoon, and shell v on RUN. This fight is ignorant AF as a tank. 1 COR and RNG did Leaden > TF and SCH MB'd. Other just Coronach / Last Stand / Gandiva stuff'd.

Other than that, it's just time and random deal/wc resets for double/triple shot. Our kills were about 6min. Every run got slightly more optimized / faster. The native regen they get is dumb. Just keep the DD up no matter what and they'll die.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-15 11:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2021-11-15 13:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the last two Ambu where there was the option to carry people to some degree, or even entirely in the case of the frog. This week, I can't take anyone with me that doesn't pull their weight, and honestly, struggling on VD even when we all pull our weight. Not that INTENSE Ambu on VD should be a joke, I just feel like the difficulty levels for the last 3 have been pretty huge between each other and some level of consistency would be nice.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-15 13:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you're ***outta luck cause consistency ain't something XI does
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-11-15 13:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
Odin.Demhar said: »
is this with gambit and rayke or any geo buffs?
SCH Aurorastorm II and RUN. Furthermore, most RNG WSs should be hitting very hard at max stack.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-11-15 13:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

We have experienced the ridiculous regen issue as well. In regards to under 10% mark I would say just go ham at it and kill it ASAP and not wait for the equal percentile drop.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-15 14:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
I miss the last two Ambu where there was the option to carry people to some degree, or even entirely in the case of the frog.

The Frog was too easy, you could just MNK or SAM burn it with the proper buffs. Nice to get caught up with from that Sahagin cockblock, but too far that direction. Fomors was too random or inconsistent with the spawn of Excaliber. The Sahagin was BS from top to bottom, that fight was just dumb and lacked any sense of balance, removing any one of the dumb mechanics from it would make it more reasonable.

IMO the Ramuh/SMN fight was the most balanced of the fights we've had. It wasn't super trivial, but there were multiple strats to make it work and mechanics you had to work around, but there were options for several jobs to participate and several cool choices for strats. Of all the ambu fights lately, that was the one I enjoyed the most.

This one...I dunno. It kindof sucks the predominate strategy is buff, tank, then RNG damage it until it dies. The regen is BS, but part of me wonders if it was a mechanism SE thought would balance the fight out by allowing you to let one mob regen back up before the gap became too large between the two. In any case, it kindof sucks and I'm ready for a different one already, but they can't all be good I guess.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-11-15 14:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

it's shocking how hard bow hits in this compared to gun, nothing changed in my sets except I went from a r10 foma or anni to a r0 fail-not and my damage sky rocketed. Making me wonder if bows are useful for other content as well.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8