Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 19:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
RadialArcana said: »
These new weapons and helms are all recolored dark versions of all the Delve stuff from what I see.
yeah helms are the helms from the delve boss types that match the new mobs

and armor is recolored other gear with slight changes

whm set - nobles tunic
blm set - marduks
thf set - plastron
rng set - pahluwan
mnk set - no idea, shura togi? war shinobi gi?
war set - barone

It's about damn time pahluwan got a reskin, the only body I can think of offhand with only one item (I'm sure there's more I just happen to like that one, so I know it was lacking reskin)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-11 19:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the Valkyrie stuff hasn’t been redone?
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-11 20:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
RadialArcana said: »
These new weapons and helms are all recolored dark versions of all the Delve stuff from what I see.
yeah helms are the helms from the delve boss types that match the new mobs

and armor is recolored other gear with slight changes

whm set - nobles tunic
blm set - marduks
thf set - plastron
rng set - pahluwan
mnk set - no idea, shura togi? war shinobi gi?
war set - barone

It's about damn time pahluwan got a reskin, the only body I can think of offhand with only one item (I'm sure there's more I just happen to like that one, so I know it was lacking reskin)

But Pawluwan is litterally a reskinned THF Artifact set. '-')
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 20:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, it's in the same style, if that's the case the valkyrie is just reskinned adaman plate.

A little more elaborate. and more fully covered (what I like vs the bare midriff)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-11 20:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the war set also has Yaoyotl as the helm model instead of Barone
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-11 20:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah thats tojil helm, all the helms are simply the OG delve boss drops but color changed
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 20:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just the helms, it's the legs (lion)/(bee) the hands (tree)/(tojil) the feet (shark)/(bird) ((and obviously the weapons...))

The delve set (2 pieces) filled in with the other 3 from a set that looks appropriate with it.

At least based on the one picture I've seen of the lion set, that's a reskinned lion legs with random body hands and feet to look of the same style.
Ighwa Cap, Ighwa Trousers.
By Draylo 2021-02-11 21:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they just added a new Delve type, why use those models for this content? Seems odd.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 21:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing odd really, just needed some reskins for new mobs and the delve set is under utilized.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-11 21:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In a way, this is the new delve. The atonement 2 bosses are some of the families on the way to the mega boss, the naakuals. I'm not particularly a fan of the zone they tied it to (not sure why they didn't include some of these in normal zones), but it's pretty nice seeing their models again. Bonus points for if they throw sajj'aka or Provenance Watcher as a final boss in Atonement 4. I'd like to see your models again
[+]
By Notacka 2021-02-12 02:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
In a way, this is the new delve. The atonement 2 bosses are some of the families on the way to the mega boss, the naakuals. I'm not particularly a fan of the zone they tied it to (not sure why they didn't include some of these in normal zones), but it's pretty nice seeing their models again. Bonus points for if they throw sajj'aka or Provenance Watcher as a final boss in Atonement 4. I'd like to see your models again

That or Yilbegan model.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-02-12 03:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you remember what a big deal SE made of the first three Naakual models when they announced Seekers of Adoulin? Those pictures with the big *** bee, with a hume(?) for scale next to it? They were so proud of these new monster models, and rightfully so. They're not been reused much outside of Delve/WKR either - just Yggdreant (Yakshi) and Waktza (Palila) reappearing as Geas Fete mobs, and Arciela II summons in SR. So I kinda missed them and I welcome them back!

The armors always looked nice to me too, especially with the visual cues from the actual monsters they drop from. Weapons looking like they're carved from the big beasts (a la Monster Hunter), the Bztavian leg armor having a honeycomb design or the polearm looking like it's the bee's stinger, Waktza feathers on the hat, etc. Love it all, great mob & armor designs and great choice for reskins!

I actually always kinda wanted them to do a Sinister Reign v2 with the Naakuals just because I like seeing them (and maybe stick like... Hades, Siren, and Iroha in wave 3).