Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 13:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Delve never +1'd, skirmish did and I think they learned that lesson not to upgrade an augmented item like that ever again

If SE were in the business of learning lessons we would all be much happier at this point in time as we wouldn't have gone through a bunch of bad updates.

Some lessons are easier to learn than others. Geometry vs Calculus etc
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2021-02-10 14:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so the cool weapons and access to the older armor are a 1%-0.1% chance in the bonanza? I can see making the armor like Dagon and such be a low chance, but putting in actually useful weapons that only people who spend a ton of money to have a ton of mules and/or are very lucky can EVER get is beyond asinine.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-02-10 15:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kinda the goal, cheap by other standards though, one piece of malignance would run you 30m by itself, one piece of adhemar+1 is 20m by itself, a relic+3 is 20m by itself, you get the whole set for 30m

Malignance runs you 0 gil. . .
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 15:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
That's kinda the goal, cheap by other standards though, one piece of malignance would run you 30m by itself, one piece of adhemar+1 is 20m by itself, a relic+3 is 20m by itself, you get the whole set for 30m

Time is money doe, how many millions worth in time spent does it cost. (it's gonna vary a lot, a thousand VE solos is > 0 gil)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 15:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
this armour wouldn't be so hideous if the helm was a different model.
Yeah, alt colored barone and the tojil helm aren't really the best lockstyle...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 15:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bois, /displayhead off, or lockstyle something cuter

Easily solved, fugly headpieces are a nonissue... subligars........
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 15:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bois, /displayhead off, or lockstyle something cuter

Easily solved, fugly headpieces are a nonissue... subligars........
You would have issues with me. I hardly ever wear pants in-game
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 15:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-10 15:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You would have issues with me. I hardly ever wear pants in-game

They added a /displayhead function a long time ago to show or hide head gear. We're still waiting for the /displaypants function.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-10 15:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fancy icon you have beside your name, might want to not wave it around too much in public.
 Phoenix.Gwenstacy
Server: Phoenix
user: GwenStacy
By Phoenix.Gwenstacy 2021-02-10 16:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

Fancy icon you have beside your name, might want to not wave it around too much in public.

I didn't know GMs play this game
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 16:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Kunimitsu
DMG:151 Delay:227 HP+75 DEX+15 AGI+15 Accuracy+40 Attack+30 Ranged Accuracy+40 Magic Accuracy+40 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+20 Magic Damage+217 Evasion+20 Katana skill +248 Parrying skill +248 Magic Accuracy skill +248 Haste+2% "Store TP"+5 Magic burst damage +10 "Skillchain Bonus"+5 Weapon skill damage +5%
NIN

RIP Ternion on NIN

Ternion +1 R15 still solidly winning on my spreadsheets with a few quick tests (Heishi R15 using Ten, Kannagi R15 using Hi, etc.).

Significant caveat: that's before accounting for any Kunimitsu augments.

I probably should reply to this in NIN thread.

This new katana is actually very useful as a mixed dps piece for nin. You don't need to swap to Gokotai for nukes anymore, since this has MAB+MDMG (obviously Gokotai is higher), and the WSD/STP is comparable to Ternion +1's TA/WSD. It's a pretty good combined piece for NIN offhand, I am not mad at it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-02-10 23:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I mean... Kunimitsu certainly isn't bad, it's in the top handful of offhand NIN options. If you're nuking too, I think the great magic stats are reason enough to use it as the offhand of choice. But for pure melee-only DPS when you don't get a chance to magic burst (i.e., most parties with anything more than 2 DDs), I still just don't see it beating Ternion +1. That even includes adding hypothetical DMG+15 Atk+30 augments (which is what I'm seeing on most of the other weapons). Eventual 3rd augment may change that though.

Ruau's first mention of it in this topic with "RIP Ternion" was just a bit too much hyperbole, that's all. New update excitement, I get it.

FWIW, Ternion +1 is also useful for a lot of jobs versus a similar DPS NIN only piece - may be relevant to people prioritizing things.

Anyway, I'll take future discussion over to the NIN thread :)
By Rips 2021-02-10 23:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gwenstacy said: »
Lili said: »

I didn't know GMs play this game

It's funny, because... it's true.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-02-11 12:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Time is money doe, how many millions worth in time spent does it cost. (it's gonna vary a lot, a thousand VE solos is > 0 gil)

I find it interesting that in this thread you are willing to acknowledge that pixels do have meaning. As you said, "time is gil." Funny how that works.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 12:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Time is never not money, nothing "funny" about a factual statement
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-02-11 12:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, exactly. So if "time = money" in all cases, then the time spent earning pixels = money. Therefore, pixels have value and stealing them is immoral.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 12:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Contrary to popular belief, a thing can have a non-zero value, and simultaneously be worthless.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-02-11 12:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Contrary to popular belief, a thing can have a non-zero value, and simultaneously be worthless.

Something can have a non-zero dollar value and be worthless? That is an oxymoron, sir.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 12:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Paradoxical as you feel it may be, fact it remains.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-11 12:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, exactly. So if "time = money" in all cases, then the time spent earning pixels = money. Therefore, pixels have value and stealing them is immoral.

Its fair even to a non-gilseller to equate time in game to money...in game.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-02-11 12:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Paradoxical as you feel it may be, fact it remains.

It's not paradoxical. . . it's cognitive dissonance. Your assertion is that time ALWAYS equals money. Therefore, time spent is always worth some dollar value. So now your statement is that yes, time is both worth $x and worthless. That is cognitive dissonance.

And that's not to say that I disagree with the idea that something can have value AND be worthless from a monetary standpoint. For example, a photograph that may have tremendous sentimental value to a person is technically worthless in terms of dollars and therefore if something of that nature is destroyed there is no legal recourse for any type of recovery.

But that's not what you're talking about. It appears to me you're willing to engage in cognitive dissonance to justify being a terrible person in game and to justify others doing likewise.

The whimsical deflection of "it's a paradox!" is pretty humorous, at least.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-02-11 12:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Its fair even to a non-gilseller to equate time in game to money...in game.

Let's assume for arguments sake that he did mean *only* in-game currency and also ignore the fact that there is a real-world value that can be ascribed to in-game items and currency.

It still flies in the face of his previous argument that gil/items have no meaning and therefore it is neither moral nor immoral to steal such items. Now he is saying gil is time. Either gil = nothing or gil = time but it certainly can't be both.

Obviously, it's pointless to have a debate to this degree on the topic because it's pretty clear on its face that it's wrong to steal in-game items/currency because people do invest a lot of time and sometimes real money into their in-game characters and it makes people feel bad if you do steal from them. But I just like to argue. Haha
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 13:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply fishing for an argument you won't get.

Benefit of the doubt ran out.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-11 18:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

These new weapons and helms are all recolored dark versions of all the Delve stuff from what I see.
By Thunderjet 2021-02-11 18:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

do you really need 3 mogophones II to enter Tier 3's?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-11 19:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
These new weapons and helms are all recolored dark versions of all the Delve stuff from what I see.
yeah helms are the helms from the delve boss types that match the new mobs

and armor is recolored other gear with slight changes

whm set - nobles tunic
blm set - marduks
thf set - plastron
rng set - pahluwan
mnk set - no idea, shura togi? war shinobi gi?
war set - barone