users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 2021 Mog Bonanza
2021 Mog Bonanza
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22
By Guyford 2021-02-09 13:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Guyford said: »
I guess I should just stack evasion then and forget shadows all together. Come on brds, bring back double mambo.

Double SV mambo is actually OP for Malignance jobs, but that's whole another story lol

Not worth anything if you don't have utsu
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 13:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, anyone jumping into this thread for the first time gonna look at the past 2 pages and think this next Bonanza is giving away Utsusemi scrolls.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 13:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you'd have a chance to win if that was the case
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-09 13:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

...its all about that Premium Heart. If only every time you punch hearts fly out of it

Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 13:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Premium Heart
"Chakra" potency +50%
Counter: Reduces "Chakra" cast time by 1 second

What is the point of Chakra potency +50% when it heals a monk for full HP with the correct gear? This would have been a much cooler option if they made it AOE and also healed MP, like the Chakra version from FFT
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-02-09 13:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea of locking unique weapons behind a lottery just isnt worse than the idea of ROTATING what weapons that gonna be locked behind the current lottery.
By Pantafernando 2021-02-09 13:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
Premium Heart
"Chakra" potency +50%

What is the point of Chakra potency +50% when it heals a monk for full HP with the correct gear? This would have been a much cooler option if they made it AOE and also healed MP, like the Chakra version from FFT

Inventory -X

Best stat ever
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-09 13:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And the flametongue obviously op for blu but probably doesn't cut it for war over naegling or dualwielding over blurred shield +1.
I wouldn't call it OP for BLU. There are better offhand options than Flametongue.

Maybe offhand RDM, but honestly, I don't play RDM.

Flametongue is a toy. It wouldn't improve any main-hand damage, unless you really need the ilvl accuracy bonus. Only example I can think of would be W3 Dynamis.

Then, and dependent on 2 things (Enfire damage and STR mod transferring from offhand), it might be better than other offhand options for those specific setups.

Obviously I meant for offhand, even if the STR wsdmg doesn't transfer (I believe the INT bonus on icebrand did from last bonanza) name me a better offhand sword for blu with the 5pdl.
1000 TP Bonus sword is the best offhand for BLU and RDM who are spamming Savage Blade.

Hands down better.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-09 13:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Premium Heart
"Chakra" potency +50%

But what if you get throat stabbed and inner strength/mantra are both up at the same time??? Premium Heart 2good
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

And the flametongue obviously op for blu but probably doesn't cut it for war over naegling or dualwielding over blurred shield +1.
I wouldn't call it OP for BLU. There are better offhand options than Flametongue.

Flametongue is a toy. It wouldn't improve any main-hand damage, unless you really need the ilvl accuracy bonus. Only example I can think of would be W3 Dynamis.

Then, and dependent on 2 things (Enfire damage and STR mod transferring from offhand), it might be better than other offhand options for those specific setups.

Obviously I meant for offhand, even if the STR wsdmg doesn't transfer (I believe the INT bonus on icebrand did from last bonanza) name me a better offhand sword for blu with the 5pdl.
1000 TP Bonus sword is the best offhand for BLU and RDM who are spamming Savage Blade.

Hands down better.

Well according to sheet, only like 10% better for BLU if attack is capped. Not sure for RDM but maybe even less than 10%, since RDM has Temper II.

EDIT: Actually, that was for Expiacion.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 14:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Quote:
Premium Heart
"Chakra" potency +50%

But what if you get throat stabbed and inner strength/mantra are both up at the same time??? Premium Heart 2good

Chakra can fully heal an Inner Strength/Mantra Monk with both pieces of enhancing gear. I have never seen it not fully restore your full health. The only time that has happened was when I didn't have 1 or both pieces of gear. Chakra+50 is literally the dumbest stat ever.

edit: I just went out and tested it. It actually doesn't full heal Mantra+Inner Strength at 6500 HP. It did 4561 with just body and hands (was naked in other spots)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-09 14:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

These really are, largely, the most creative items (not just weapons) that they've ever added to this game. There's no way they'll remain bonanza only forever. There's got to be something coming up that will ultimately have them as rewards.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 14:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Chakra can fully heal an Inner Strength/Mantra Monk with both pieces of enhancing gear. I have never seen it not fully restore your full health. The only time that has happened was when I didn't have 1 or both pieces of gear. Chakra+50 is literally the dumbest stat ever.

Encumber
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 14:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
These really are, largely, the most creative items (not just weapons) that they've ever added to this game. There's no way they'll remain bonanza only forever. There's got to be something coming up that will ultimately have them as rewards.

incoming "pick one" rewards for AVR
[+]
 Asura.Rafike
user: Rafike
By Asura.Rafike 2021-02-09 14:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
The idea of locking unique weapons behind a lottery just isnt worse than the idea of ROTATING what weapons that gonna be locked behind the current lottery.

Almost as dumb an idea as not allowing same account mules who win rank 1 prizes to send the weapons to the main toon...
By Guyford 2021-02-09 14:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hands down better.

Content where you don't need acc on offhand isn't worth talking about, because you can do it with anything.
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 14:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

incoming "pick one" rewards for AVR

Then winning one from Bonanza and having other from AVR would probably mess with code that let you switch one to another for some fee/delay/etc. XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 14:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

AVR

What is AVR?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 14:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

AVR

What is AVR?

A Voracious Resurgence
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 14:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Content where you don't need acc on offhand isn't worth talking about, because you can do it with anything.

Its not that you dont need accuracy, but its that you have accuracy from Malignance, food, traits, spells, buffs.

You could switch few pieces and food if you wouldn't need acc to cap hit rate on Thibron, but those gains would probably still wont be enough to close the gap between Flametongue and Thibron. It could be close tho.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 14:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought it was some new acronym I wasn't aware of XD. We have been using TVR
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-09 14:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought it was some new acronym I wasn't aware of XD. We have been using TVR

Can't we just say, "VR"? So when the media finds out about the new expansion it can say "VR Coming to Final Fantasy XI!!"?
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-09 14:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Premium Heart
"Chakra" potency +50%

edit: I just went out and tested it. It actually doesn't full heal Mantra+Inner Strength at 6500 HP. It did 4561 with just body and hands (was naked in other spots)

Premium Heart here we come
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-02-09 14:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ONLY IF hearts fly out every time you punch!
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-09 14:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tom Brady = white
Taw Hoya = white
Tom Brady = male
Taw Hoya = male

I'm TawmBrady everybody!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-09 14:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Cure potency II +20% on PLD? :0

Sadly only 5% of that is actually going to be used as the cap on Cure Pot II is +30% and Majesty gives PLD +25%.

I thought Majesty was a separate modifier apart from Cure Potency and Cure Potency II, boooo, lol.
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 14:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Premium Heart
"Chakra" potency +50%

Premium Heart here we come

Sagitta path C exists you know.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 14:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »

you get that I want En-roses for my Murgleis retroactively.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 14:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »

you get that I want En-roses for my Murgleis retroactively.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-09 14:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Sagitta path C exists you know.
Is that a weapon tied behind a lottery? Sorry, not getting any buzz here
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22