New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » July 2020 Version Update
July 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
By concubinenum9 2020-07-08 11:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if blistering sallet +1 would be a replacement for Flamma Zucchetto +2 in some builds. I have a flamma +1 that I was thinking of upgrading but now I'm having second thoughts.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-08 11:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Eventually the hides will drop in price. I think scales started at something ridic like 10 mil.

But these augs, a LOT of this gear is very useful compared to the 122 versions, its gonna take longer for the hides to drop in price.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 12:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

concubinenum9 said: »
I wonder if blistering sallet +1 would be a replacement for Flamma Zucchetto +2 in some builds. I have a flamma +1 that I was thinking of upgrading but now I'm having second thoughts.

Well as the ambu gear arent going anywhere, eventually you should upgrade all pieces.

I just in april i managed to finish all my sets+2
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-08 13:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Passion Jacket got a change from waltz potency received to just being waltz potency according to the changed item list
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 13:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a text correction, not a change
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-08 14:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So Passion Jacket was waltz potency+13 this entire time?

I guess someone posted it on the comments on its ffxiah page. I never saw it mentioned on any wiki or anything else, it was new to me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 14:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah was just a mistranslation and no one really cared to check it, about a month ago I think it was byrth that actually looked at the jp text

Just a blip in a thread hardly anyone probably saw it
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-07-08 14:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Flamma +2 head isn't going anywhere in TP sets any time soon. STP and TA in one slot is amazing. Blistering Sallet "may" replace it in some select crit based WS, but Flamma +2 head is going to be a staple in almost any job that can use it.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 15:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Can someone point where in the dats are the sheol B maps?

Tonight i can write some notes on it and share, if none do That during the day.
I dont believe there are maps, it just uses the WoE areas.

https://bucket.bluegartr.com/22ae6dc44d1ee2abe5055b4d547dc59f.jpg

Not sure where that compound map came from, however you can find the Sheol-A floors there

Floor 1 looks like it might be Flux 6
Floor 2 is the 2nd unused
Floor 3 might be Flux 6, or part of the 3rd unused
Floor 4 might be in the 4th unused set
Floor 5 look slike it could be part of the lobby
Floor 6 could be Flux 1
Floor 2 looks like Flux 2

100% sure floor 5 is flux 10 map.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-08 15:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

concubinenum9 said: »

Not in place of flama, but it might be good for Victory Smite set on mnk.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-08 15:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
If I mathed it right (always debateable) the stinger +1 should be BIS for attack capped even over some crazy DM augment.

Just some quick Spreadsheet testings that I'll need confirmation on but Stinger +1 is only barely beating a Perfect but normal Valorous Head for Tachi:Fudo (STR +10, WSD +5). Still tweaking but no more than 78 Damage so far vs Apex Bat with completely balls-out buffs/debuffs.

I don't know how to safely add the PDL function so I'm doing this by applying the Stinger's stats but adding WSD +5 to it because PDL and WSD should effectively be the same thing? So as long as that assumption isn't off, they would be tied but only when attack is capped. Whenever attack isn't capped you'd be at a loss unless PDL adds Damage no matter what. So for me personally, I'd rather stick to the Valor because it will work always.

But will most definitely fall behind a Darkmatter Augment. Even my current Valor Head with only WSD+8 to it's name pulls ahead so far.

But like I said, that was found with a work around. If that work around is yielding bad results, let me know.
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 15:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I'm doing this by applying the Stinger's stats but adding WSD +5 to it because PDL and WSD should effectively be the same thing?

Not really. First of all PDL works for whole WS, which for Fudo is not much difference, but more importantly for Fudo, PDL will only have diminishing returns from 10% on neck. WSD has much more, because its already high.

Example:

Going from 10% to 15% is 1.15 / 1.1 = 1.04545 so around 4.5% increase

Going from 50% to 55% is 1.55 / 1.1 = 1.03333 so around 3.33% increase

So assuming WSD in Fudo set is quite high already without head, 5% WSD wont be equivalent of 5% PDL. Above +50% WSD you would need +7% WSD to match 5% PDL.
[+]
By malakef 2020-07-08 16:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. Technically the better your set, my napkin math earlier used 60WSD in gear which is good but not perfect, that better the stinger +1 is. But keep in mind you MUST be attack capped for this to work.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-07-08 16:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

isn’t there usually a bonanza around now?

I like false hope
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 16:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
isn’t there usually a bonanza around now?

I like false hope

afaik it will be soon, but one marble for 200k instead of 10, but only 3 digit instead of 5.
[+]
By Masunasu 2020-07-08 17:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was mentioned and pretty sure this was from today's update (or may have happened in the last few months) but it looks like they ninja patched warping to homepoints you don't have (and presumably survival guide/waypoints). Makes sense since it should basically remove any chance of RMT trying to get around the sparks nerf via new character creation.

Addons still work fine for things you have unlocked normally and I assume are still safe to use for those purposes, but those packets may be monitored more closely so just be careful when using (I think Superwarp has a setting that won't allow you to go somewhere you don't have, but other public releases do not).
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-07-08 18:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Masunasu said: »
(I think Superwarp has a setting that won't allow you to go somewhere you don't have, but other public releases do not).
Yes it does. I'd suggest using it for now. Instructions on how to enable this feature are on the github page's readme.

Currently looking into it to confirm it's checked server-side now. If so, I'll have to refactor a bit to give warnings and prevent any packets going out for warp points not unlocked. Good thing we spent a lot of time on trying to find all the unlock bits in the menu data. It took quite some time and not a little effort.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-07-08 21:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
(I think Superwarp has a setting that won't allow you to go somewhere you don't have, but other public releases do not).
Currently looking into it to confirm it's checked server-side now.

It is :(

Some may welcome this, and others may lament it. Regardless, an era has ended. The latest version of superwarp on github now doesn't have a choice but to remove the option to allow warps to locations you have not unlocked yet. Do note that it's a good idea to update simply because otherwise you could send a packet that is obvious to SE that you're using 3rd party tools.

I have to make this clear for some of you: using an older version will not re-enable this feature. SE now checks for unlock state on the server. Nothing client-side can change this.
By Draylo 2020-07-08 21:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have always been that way, stop cHeAting!
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-07-08 21:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Should have always been that way, stop cHeAting!

I don't mean to start up the debate as it doesn't matter any more. But personally I always saw it as a gray area. You could use it for cheating, or you could use it for convenience. I've been everywhere in this world 100,000 times, and the thing stopping me from going to this one spot is that I forgot to check the book/homepoint/waypoint/etc. the last time I went.
At this point, again, it doesn't matter. Yeah a lot of people used it to cheat. And I feel bad about enabling them. But a lot of people just want to play the game without thinking about it. And removing the feature wouldn't stop others from creating one that enabled it again. So I could have removed the feature and it wouldn't have stopped the cheaters, but it would have pissed off the people that just want to play. There's not a good answer except SE checking serverside.
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-07-08 22:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

cheating is not the same as convenience. Not unlocking the hp/book/etc. and being able to utilize it is flat out cheating. How convenient something is plays no role whatsoever in the validity of what you are doing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 22:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, it's an arbitrary decision to only be allowed to warp to somewhere you've touched.

UNM warp and VW warp will let you go somewhere you've never been, that's not cheating.

You can start brand new right now and warp from South Sandy to South Gustaberg, but it's "cheating" to save 5 minutes by warping directly to Lastok mines.

It's really not that big a difference, honestly. It's just convenient.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-08 22:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

UNM and VW warps don't allow you to go to areas you physically cannot get to though, right? In comparison this can, such as warping to Tavnazian Safehold before you've beaten the Promyvions.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 22:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

well, they're not trying to stop people from going to tav. They want to stop people from warping to adoulin. but you can get there in about 5 minutes with unm warp to jueno then watch the long *** cutscene. It's just negating the pointless cutscene.

Really can't even be mad about that, who doesn't want to skip cutscenes.

(it makes like... missions faster cape riverne for example but that's really a non issue really, it's not much faster than just clipping there)
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-07-08 22:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was mentioned and pretty sure this was from today's update (or may have happened in the last few months) but it looks like they ninja patched warping to homepoints you don't have (and presumably survival guide/waypoints). Makes sense since it should basically remove any chance of RMT trying to get around the sparks nerf via new character creation.

[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2020-07-08 22:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the chances either of the 2 new Swords with +sword enhancement spell work offhand?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-07-08 22:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll work offhand- but just for that hand.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-07-08 23:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So I upgraded my RDM sword to test the enspell damage offhand it it did seem to work offhand. However, it did not boost Crocea's damage like somee people were wondering that I've seen.

One thing though; Once I upgraded my Unity sword, my chat log has glitched and no longer appears. I can see chat text, just nothing system related or battle related. I no longer see if someone is casting, even myself. I see no damage dealt, or taken, nothing at all. I have 0 filters on. I have tried relogging and fully shutting down, nothing has worked so far and so far has lasted a couple of hours without seeing any chat log info.

Anyone else experienced this glitch or not? It only happened the second I upgraded my sword.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-09 02:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
UNM warp and VW warp will let you go somewhere you've never been, that's not cheating.

Convinient as *** for New players, but high chance they just messed on this one instead it being an expected behaviour.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-09 02:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Convinient as *** for New players, but high chance they just messed on this one instead it being an expected behaviour.

Not sure. Those two are connected to content, Homepoints and Survival Guides serve only the purpose of transportation. Allowing access to content vs convenience seems pretty normal for SE to me.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10