On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-10-27 23:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Bismarck.Xzerper said: »
Stupid question...is it worth it to make a Idle Sublimation set? I see +Sub gear, and it might be really nice to have a 1k+ MP Reserve tank sometimes.

Or is it just something I should shelly off and get what is given to me standard?
It has uses. But sometimes a slow sublimation is nice when a lot of sleepga happens(just need to remember to use and reapply), like Dynamis. Only thing with easy Whm Sub+ is Embla Sash and SoA ring. Which is Meh.
I agree, I like a slow sublimation lol

To me it's just a sleep guard. MP is irrelevant pretty much since the days when I carried a Pluto Staff for resting.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-31 03:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking of a test for Cursna (Doom Removal) for something and noticed my set uses Divinity in the main hand and noticed none of the sets have this, it's +20 Healing Skill which is superior to the +15 and +18 before Yag or Gamb are listed for higher tiers. I didn't read the last few pages so sorry if this has been bought up before.

Edit: I noticed we could be wearing some more haste gear also.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-10-31 04:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It hasn't been brought up, I'll adjust the sets in question.
Thanks for the info!
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-01 21:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I shouldn't really bother with -"cure" spellcasting time gear should I, especially if it cuts into my fast cast cap when casting those spells.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2020-11-01 23:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure spellcasting gear stacks with FC and is subject to the same 80% cap, so if you're hitting -80% already, you don't need it. It's mostly just a crutch to cap curespeed before FC is capped (and perhaps to help cap quick cast as well).
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-02 06:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I didn't know it was part of the same cap as FC.

I was fiddling with my lua which has a precast set specifically for cure spells, which I realized wasn't actually being equipped. It also has a precast set for 'Healing Magic' that includes cure spells along with na spells, reraise spells and maybe some others. But I couldn't figure out how to make a precast set specifically for 'healing magic' spells that aren't cure spells without just individually defining sets for each of those spells separately.

I have capped FC so I'll just ignore "-cure spellcasting/healing magic casting time" gear.
 Bismarck.Xzerper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2020-11-02 10:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have everything in the Barspell set besides the Club from the Cactuar. 500 Enhancing Magic Skill. Light Arts.

My Barspells are only going to 200. What am I missing to make it go to the following:

"• Barspell cap at
500 Enhancing Skill
And max out at 236
Which is easy with
Light Arts"

Am I not reading into something correctly? I can not seem to reach the 236. Unless this means it caps out at that even with Carols/etc...or unless that Club from the Cactuar really pushes it to that final amount.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-02 10:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Job Points & Merits maybe?
Club only adds MDB(Magic Defense Bonus) to Barspells, nothing visible.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-02 11:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

-36 seems like Piety Pantaln. +3 pants are not equipping since they happen to be +36 but could be merits/jps too
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-02 11:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
-36 seems like Piety Pantaln. +3 pants are not equipping since they happen to be +36
Oh true could be such an issue as well.
 Bismarck.Xzerper
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2020-11-02 11:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have GS disabled so its not changing any gear, and straight casting in the equipset it needs to cast in. Still nothing.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-02 11:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzerper said: »
I have GS disabled so its not changing any gear, and straight casting in the equipset it needs to cast in. Still nothing.

Are you closing and reopening equip menu? Those values only update once when you open the menu.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-02 12:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using Theopany Pantaloons instead of Peity?
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzerper
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2020-11-02 16:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@Thorny and @Wotasu, I feel REALLY dumb. I was using Theopany Pantaloons instead of my Peity :3 .... That explains why.

...Being up several days, no sleep and only NOS energy drinks are killing my "Enhanced Mental Focus" that I am not seeming to get from these Drinks.

I appreciate both of you. Thank you for the help. xD
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-11-30 12:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently got lucky and had TWO raetic rod +1 crafted. I am now in the process of updating all my equipsets to compensate for the loss of Light Arts.

ItemSet 374760

My current cure set is not far from having everything I need in it.

Cure Potency 56%:(6 over cap)
Cure Potency II: 30%(capped)
Casting Time: -79%(one under cap)
Enmity: Minimum of -58(8 over cap)
OQS: 5%(nice little round number)

Two things I'm having trouble with are my casting time, I don't see a way to push that last 1% without losing something else I want. Is there an earring I'm not thinking of with at least 3% FC I could replace Loquacious with?

Also, since I'm capped Cure potency II with just the hands and the ring, I can't decide on a body piece for Curaga. Empy body piece is useless for it, but now so is the Cure potency II on the AF body.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-30 12:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

mendicant's earring has 5% casting time down. And a touch of Conserve MP.

Also: Are you not counting the 20~28% casting time down from merits and Gifts?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-11-30 13:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

20% from merits I don't have, I don't want to lose my regen merits, and good call on the 8% from gifts... I keep forgetting about those. Looks like I actually need to tweak down a little bit.
I also forgot about Mendicant's Earring, as well.

With the 8% from gifts I forgot about I can lose the Kishar Ring and Loquacious Earring. I’ll do that whe I get home. But the only thing I can see in place of them is... more MND? The only thing I would get from Mendicant’s is Conserve MP. So, I guess Regal Earring and Metamorph Ring +1?
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-30 13:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
But the only thing I can see in place of them is... more MND? The only thing I would get from Mendicant’s is Conserve MP. So, I guess Regal Earring and Metamorph Ring +1?
I'm pretty sure you're capped on cure power, so any more MND or VIT will do nothing for you. Conserve MP at least is a bit of something...

There is also something for keeping that FC stuff in there, since that decreases recast by 1/2.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-11-30 13:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

But the only thing I can see in place of them is... more MND? The only thing I would get from Mendicant’s is Conserve MP. So, I guess Regal Earring and Metamorph Ring +1?
I'm pretty sure you're capped on cure power, so any more MND or VIT will do nothing for you. Conserve MP at least is a bit of something...

There is also something for keeping that FC stuff in there, since that decreases recast by 1/2.

Yes, it does. But it’s also recast on cures. Which already super low. My cure recasts are already up by the time I finish casting a spell. If the MND accessories don’t change my cure power I guess I can put conserve MP instead. But I should find that out before I make any final decisions.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-30 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

With merits, Gifts, iLv stat vomit, the healing magic skill on must have pieces like the artifact hands and the empy body... you're basically at a "naked" autocapped for cure power. Hyperbolous, I know, but with with the iLv MND+ and VIT+, it's harder to not be capped in a good cure set than to be capped.
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2020-11-30 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently got lucky and had TWO raetic rod +1 crafted. I am now in the process of updating all my equipsets to compensate for the loss of Light Arts.

ItemSet 374760

My current cure set is not far from having everything I need in it.

Cure Potency 56%:(6 over cap)
Cure Potency II: 30%(capped)
Casting Time: -79%(one under cap)
Enmity: Minimum of -58(8 over cap)
OQS: 5%(nice little round number)

Two things I'm having trouble with are my casting time, I don't see a way to push that last 1% without losing something else I want. Is there an earring I'm not thinking of with at least 3% FC I could replace Loquacious with?

Also, since I'm capped Cure potency II with just the hands and the ring, I can't decide on a body piece for Curaga. Empy body piece is useless for it, but now so is the Cure potency II on the AF body.

How much HP do you cure for with that set?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-11-30 14:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I was toying around a little bit with a friend I Reisenjims, with just the clubs and old cure set(before I tweaked it). Cure 1 was doing about 421, 2 was 554, and 3 was at 907. I need to do more testing though with the tweaked set though.
[+]
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2020-11-30 16:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! It is fun to see those kinds of numbers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-02 00:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So did some more testing with the raetic rod +1 x2. Looks like my memory was a little off when I was just quick playing around.

Cure 1: 410 HP Cured, 12 MP, 24 MP returned.
Cure 2: 554 HP Cured, 38 MP, 33 MP returned.
Cure 3: 905 HP Cured, 73 MP, 54 MP returned.
Cure 4: 1445 HP Cured, 140 MP, 86 MP returned.
Cure 5: 1697 HP Cured, 216 MP, 101 MP returned.
Cure 6: 2111 HP Cured, 363 MP, 126 MP returned.

Curaga 1: 482 HP Cured, 96 MP, 28 MP returned(per person)
Curaga 2: 689 HP Cured, 192 MP, 41 MP returned (per person)
Curaga 3: 1103 HP Cured, 288 MP, 66 MP returned(per person)
Curaga 4: 1751 HP Cured, 416 MP, 105 MP returned(per person)
Curaga 5: 2345 HP Cured, 608 MP, 140 MP returned(per person)

These number are assuming you cure for the max amount though, over cure will reduce the amount of MP returned.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-04 19:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

After using them in events for a bit, I've got to say these rods are wild, lol. If you have a tank with that happens to have a bit of Cure Potency Received, they just go through the roof.

I saw Cure 2's up to 789, Cure 3's up to 1289, and Cure 4's up to 1878 last night in Dynamis D curing this PLD that was tanking.

I must also mention that, the MP + 60% isn't even a real issue as long as you Cure with the correct spell and have a good refresh idle set.

I didn't even have a RDM in PT with me and my MP was fine. I never went below 80% MP once.

I just played the way I normally played, buffs and everything. No Light Arts because of /nin, nothing really changed other than having super strong cures.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-07 21:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

After noting what you said about MND/VIT/Healing Magic, I decided to delve a little deeper into Conserve MP. I found a couple of pieces that looked nice. Than I also thought about the two piece I still use for OQS, as they are nice, it's only a 5% proc rate on cure spells I already have 80% casting time reduction for. Nowadays I barely even notice OQS on cures. But, I found out between the waist/ammo/ring/earring, I can add a whopping 37% Conserve MP, without losing any if the other stats. On average that's about one Conserve MP proc ever 3 cures.

I'm going to farm the ring/belt from Unity this month since we have the campaign coming up.

ItemSet 374760
By DaneBlood 2020-12-07 22:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Magnetic earring will give you ConMP 5 and Spell interuption 8%

Question: why piety head3 for cure set ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-07 23:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Magnetic earring will give you ConMP 5 and Spell interuption 8%

Question: why piety head3 for cure set ?

Thanks, I forgot about Magnetic.
I use the head bacause it's an all-in-one set. I don't use luas, I use the equipsets in game. SO I look for balanced sets to make. I need the Cure casting to hit 80% casting time.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2020-12-08 22:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i was going over my cursna set and compred to this guide and believe it missing to items

ammo="Hasty Pinion +1",
sub="Thuellaic Ecu +1",

This 4% haste and should put the set at around 24% haste without using haste on the cape
Cape can then do 10%fast cast for a 5% recast reduction
Compared to have haste on the cape you get 4% points more recast reduction.
not sure if it will matter in the end though
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-09 02:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
i was going over my cursna set and compred to this guide and believe it missing to items

ammo="Hasty Pinion +1",
sub="Thuellaic Ecu +1",

This 4% haste and should put the set at around 24% haste without using haste on the cape
Cape can then do 10%fast cast for a 5% recast reduction
Compared to have haste on the cape you get 4% points more recast reduction.
not sure if it will matter in the end though
I have around 3sec recast w/o Haste, which means casting animation is still going b4 I can recast.
But there's also weakened timers to think about so they have some use.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24