Riot The Third: REVENGE OF THE SHILLS

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Riot the Third: REVENGE OF THE SHILLS
Riot the Third: REVENGE OF THE SHILLS
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 17:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

mark my words - if were ever allowed to see that knot up close- it will be a surgeon's loop, a Kreh knot or a bimini twist. all of which are common handle knots that someone who doesnt know *** about how a noose is tied would confuse for a noose.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-24 18:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, we have reached page 3 of the denial train, and it was still a noose confirmed by the FBI.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 18:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
lol, we have reached page 3 of the denial train, and it was still a noose confirmed by the FBI.

ok lets make a deal then; i'll drop it here, and we can come back to it when they finally show the rope up close.

at that point, if i'm wrong, and its a genuine noose- i'll *** off and leave forever. But if your wrong, and its just a knot that was mistaken for a noose, what are you going to do? will you *** off as well? i'm willing to go all in here- are you?
By Viciouss 2020-06-24 18:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I'm good. Its not like we are on even ground, I have posted overwhelming evidence and you are trying to go all in on your last hand regardless. You haven't posted anything remotely close to disputing the FBI's findings, you posted their statement which backed me up, not you. So please, continue.
By Viciouss 2020-06-24 18:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I posted such an all encompassing, detailed article on my first post, debunking all possible conspiracies you might try. It worked out even better than I imagined.
By volkom 2020-06-24 18:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone see the news with the teacher union protesting to defund the police? maybe we should protest to defund the teacher union and get rid of trash teachers so we can have better educators
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 18:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I'm good. Its not like we are on even ground, I have posted overwhelming evidence and you are trying to go all in on your last hand regardless. You haven't posted anything remotely close to disputing the FBI's findings, you posted their statement which backed me up, not you. So please, continue.

yea thats what i thought. you're nothing but a punk with zero conviction - not even willing to risk some skin for something you think you're irrefutably correct on. this is how i know you are literally full of ***.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2020-06-24 18:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

FFS

This, right here, is pretty much the textbook example of why I hate most modern political discussion, and by extension this section of the website. Facts are irrelevant, the other side has to be either making things up or hallucinating. No one can ever just be wrong. I mean why back down when you can double down?

Take the L and move the *** on.

Re: Nausi

Siren.Mosin said: »
is he ban’t?

It wasn't a permaban. But it was lengthy and it isn't up yet.

It was great.

Agree to disagree. I think my thoughts on the unilateral application of administrative force are pretty clear, so even when I've got no obvious alternative on a course of action, I still don't enjoy it.

Also, the fact of the matter is that the XI/XIAH community is not that big, and anyone I have to give the boot is probably not someone we can replace.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-06-24 18:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone is pretty entrenched in whatever their ‘teams’ talking points are.

I may be the only one left in the country that enjoys having my thoughts challenged
[+]
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-06-24 18:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be the only one left in the country that enjoys having my thoughts challenged

There's dozens of us. Dozens, I say!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2020-06-24 18:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

not literally
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 18:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i think that's a bit of a stretch to say neither of us were willing to be wrong. i've already stated i'm ready to be wrong and to have consequences if it turns out that i am wrong;

i mean exactly what i said - im literally ready for you to perma ban me from P&R if nascar or the fbi drops an upclose photo of this 'noose' and its actually a noose, and not just one of a million different knots that can look similar to a noose.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2020-06-24 18:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you beat me >.<
By Viciouss 2020-06-24 18:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Mosin, you're lazy. Facts.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2020-06-24 18:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

and an ***! don’t leave that bit out
[+]
Administrator
By Terlet Sangria 2020-06-24 18:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
im literally ready for you to perma ban me from P&R

You can not imagine how little I want to be a part of y'all's little slapfight. You want to have a "Loser leaves town" match, you don't need me for that.

watch out for folding chairs
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 18:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-24 19:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
anyone see the news with the teacher union protesting to defund the police? maybe we should protest to defund the teacher union and get rid of trash teachers so we can have better educators

If you do that history teachers will run out of statues and then have to send everyone home early.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-24 21:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

mark my words - if were ever allowed to see that knot up close- it will be a surgeon's loop, a Kreh knot or a bimini twist. all of which are common handle knots that someone who doesnt know *** about how a noose is tied would confuse for a noose.
Define "noose."

Most people would include a running bowline as a noose, no handle needed.

We have been defunding teachers most of my life. Due to this I have many younger friends with zero critical thinking skills.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 21:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Define "noose."

Most people would include a running bowline as a noose, no handle needed.

We have been defunding teachers most of my life. Due to this I have many younger friends with zero critical thinking skills.

thats the point i was making; that it was very likely someone, like oh i dont know, the rich ceo of nascar, whos never tied a knot in his life, deciding it was a noose. the odds of it actually having been a noose are small. easy tell is if the tail is coming out of the top of the coil above the slip. if its coming out below its a kreh, if its made out of a double coil, its a bimini twist etc.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 21:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and for clarity- a 'noose' as people consider it- is a hangman's knot. its a relatively simple to make slip knot thats very easy to undo by pulling the tail
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-24 22:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't live in california (not anymore) but can anyone tell me why this is a good idea?

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Repeal_Proposition_209_Affirmative_Action_Amendment_(2020)

Quote:
The California Repeal Proposition 209 Affirmative Action Amendment may appear on the ballot in California as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 3, 2020.

The ballot measure would repeal Proposition 209, which prohibited the state from discriminating against or granting preferential treatment to persons on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, and public contracting.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-24 22:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't live in california (not anymore) but can anyone tell me why this is a good idea?

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Repeal_Proposition_209_Affirmative_Action_Amendment_(2020)

Quote:
The California Repeal Proposition 209 Affirmative Action Amendment may appear on the ballot in California as a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on November 3, 2020.

The ballot measure would repeal Proposition 209, which prohibited the state from discriminating against or granting preferential treatment to persons on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, and public contracting.
There's a can of worms. GJ.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 18:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Quote:

There's a can of worms. GJ.

i jokingly said a week ago, how long until they start trying to repeal civil rights... this is almost comical now.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-24 18:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and for clarity- a 'noose' as people consider it- is a hangman's knot. its a relatively simple to make slip knot thats very easy to undo by pulling the tail
No. That's a hangman's noose. One particular variety.

I used to know how to tie one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-24 19:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
No. That's a hangman's noose. One particular variety.

I used to know how to tie one.

right, but thats the type of knot pretty much everyone associates with a 'noose'. every knot that functions as a slip knot can technically be a noose.
By Eboneezer 2020-06-24 23:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This conversation would be much more interesting if someone hung a moose in the garage
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-25 00:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All can be forgiven if Juicy Smoiliett and Bubba Wallace do like a buddy cop film.

Or maybe just....

[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-25 07:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2020-06-25 07:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is so eyerolling
[+]