Sea torques for sale
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Busey
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Busey
By Sylph.Busey 2009-10-21 11:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently we're selling Hope, Justice, and Temperance. Prudence is also available. Others are soon to become available but if you make an outstanding offer we might just sell to you before we keep for members(again, depending on offer). Weapons are also up for grabs, and rather cheap for the most. Shoot me a tell in game on Busey, and we'll discuss pricing.. I'm usually around, if not, just try me again later.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-21 11:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Before anyone shells out millions for a torque, keep in mind that Ancient torque as well as PCC beat pretty much all the torques in uncapped acc situations EXCEPT love torque (where the dex makes up for the acc loss) and hope torque (where the agi makes up for the acc loss for ranged attacks)
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-21 12:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Before anyone shells out millions for a torque, keep in mind that Ancient torque as well as PCC beat pretty much all the torques in uncapped acc situations EXCEPT love torque (where the dex makes up for the acc loss) and hope torque (where the agi makes up for the acc loss for ranged attacks)

LOL i'd hate to play battleship with you because you *** peoples boat so much around here.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-21 12:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't start please.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-21 12:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure who that was directed towards, but I was just giving my honest opinion on the torques, which I think someone who is about to shell out millions would want to know before actually doing so. If it was directed towards one of the other posts, then sorry, but yea just giving my stance here.
[+]
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-21 12:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It was probably directed at the post that was removed. I am sure there is going to be people who come in here and rumble/grumble about "if you cant farm it yourself you shouldnt be allowed to buy it" blah blah blah...

If you have the gil and someone willing to sell... its your choice. good luck on the sell.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-10-21 13:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill increases both accuracy and attack. I'd have to recheck FFXIcalculator, but the optimal setup was torque for TP and gorget for WS for 75 Ninja.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-21 13:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it was mine and the poster above me. I removed my post to be polite.

This merc'ing is going to get ridiculous soon.

Ya it's easier to just buy the stuff, but when everyone has what they want then what's next?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 13:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rikiyame said:
the optimal setup was torque for TP and gorget for WS for every job.

Fixed.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 13:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Rikiyame said:
Skill increases both accuracy and attack. I'd have to recheck FFXIcalculator, but the optimal setup was torque for TP and gorget for WS for 75 Ninja.
Vegetto is saying that more acc to increase hit rate > a slight increase in attack. The torques give what, like 6.3 acc?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-10-21 13:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:

^

That, and the INT on Prudence for not-melee things (see: BLM).
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-21 13:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Rikiyame said:
Vegetto is saying that more acc to increase hit rate > a slight increase in attack. The torques give what, like 6.3 acc?

6.3, but will also count as either 6 or 7 acc (always rounds down but if you have .7 .8 or .9 before adding the .3, you'll hit the 7th acc, if not it rounds down to 6)
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-21 14:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

L o L
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-21 14:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Tbest said:
Rikiyame said:

6.3, but will also count as either 6 or 7 acc (always rounds down but if you have .7 .8 or .9 before adding the .3, you'll hit the 7th acc, if not it rounds down to 6)
Yeah, I know. :P I was simply saying 6.3 to point out that skill after like 200 or whatever the cutoff is ends up being .9 acc instead of 1 acc.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-10-21 14:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sagittario said:
L o L

thank you for a valid contribution! Math is fun!
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-21 14:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so Sea Torques are actually real? After more than a year of Sea, I had begun to believe that they didn't really exist ...
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-21 14:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Don't start please.

/starts
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 14:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rikiyame said:

When you cap accuracy with the Hope Torque, yes. If you don't reach 95% accuracy with it equipped, PCC/Ancient Torque will outperform it. As stated above, DRG will have higher accuracy with Love Torque than with PCC and THF, RNG and COR should be sufficiently high ACC with their respective Torques that the 7 Attack (and in RNG and COR's case, 5 AGI) will bring them even. If hitrate is low, PCC pulls ahead again.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-21 16:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Alyria said:
Don't start please.

/starts

-throws a bar stool at Dasva-

you know, coz your a taru :3
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-10-21 23:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Veg, if the extra acc on PCC beats out the att on torques, how come you use faith torque?

Is it because your hit rate is good enough or?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-21 23:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I main pizza+1 almost everywhere, but, when acc is an issue, I always drop forager to go to cuchulain and faith torque to go to PCA (Amulet ftw). Also in colibri parties, where I can't eat pizza, I go for Pca/Cuch w/ focus down, but when focus is up I go back to forager/faith torque.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-22 00:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, don't take what we're saying as "Sea Torques are bad." They're quite good, just be aware of when to use them and don't sell your PCC to buy one.
 Sylph.Busey
Server: Sylph
user: Busey
By Sylph.Busey 2009-10-22 20:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And PPC and Ancient torque cost how much...? Obviously I assume anyone willing to fork out a few mil to buy these torques would have enough common sense to research what they're buying.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-22 20:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be surprised. Also, you don't necessarily have to buy them.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 20:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I full time Faith Torque on RNG. 8/8 Marksmanship merits and obv. capped. I have done MANY parsings with RNG, including Kyudogi Vs. Osode for AGI based ***, etc. Faith Torque beats Peacock Charm, and Kyudogi very narrowly beat Osode for Marksmanship. Definitely not 2mil's worth difference, though (assuming you get Osode for free through a Sky LS.)

I would happily pay for a Hope Torque for use with Archery as well.

Edit: Forgot to mention I want to fiddle around with Peacock Charm and Hope Torque as well, although I doubt Hope Torque will underperform because of the AGI.

PS. I didn't buy my Faith Torque... But I would understand why people would buy Sea Torques.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 20:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Kyudogi beat marksmanship?
2 rattack 2 racc vs 10 str 10 agi

10 str gives 5 rattack 10 agi gives 5 racc

2 rattack 2 racc vs +5 fstr2 (+5 dmg rating)

I'm no ranger, but I do understand the mechanics. I don't see how 2 rattack 2 racc would ever dream of beating +5 DMG
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
How does Kyudogi beat marksmanship?
2 rattack 2 racc vs 10 str 10 agi

10 str gives 5 rattack 10 agi gives 5 racc

2 rattack 2 racc vs +5 fstr2 (+5 dmg rating)

I'm no ranger, but I do understand the mechanics. I don't see how 2 rattack 2 racc would ever dream of beating +5 DMG

The formulas for ranged attacks are not the same as melee attacks. Most specifically, STR is calculated differently. I will post the parses when I get a chance, but it's 3am at the moment and I'm not staying up until 4am sifting through them just to prove a point.

The difference was under 1%, so it's not even worth considering.

PS. Kyudogi is 7 Ranged Accuracy and 7 Ranged Attack, not 2.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 21:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"Most specifically, STR is calculated differently"
Which is why I said 5 fstr2 rather than 2-3 Fstr. it takes 4 str to raise your fstr by 1 and it takes 2 str to raise your Fstr2 by 1

"PS. Kyudogi is 7 Ranged Accuracy and 7 Ranged Attack, not 2."
10 str gives 5 ranged attack, 10 agi gives 5 racc

Going from +5 to +7 is a +2 increase.

I was saying +2 in comparison to osode and then osode having +5 fstr 2 in comparison to the 2 attack and 2 acc
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
PS. Kyudogi is 7 Ranged Accuracy and 7 Ranged Attack, not 2.

Your maths is wrong because of what I just quoted.
First Page 2 3