Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 21:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Wooooodum said:
PS. Kyudogi is 7 Ranged Accuracy and 7 Ranged Attack, not 2.

Your maths is wrong because of what I just quoted.

10 str gives 5 ranged attack, 10 agi gives 5 racc

Going from +5 to +7 is a +2 increase.
I was saying +2 in comparison to osode and then osode having +5 fstr 2 in comparison to the 2 attack and 2 acc

I can bold too
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I macro swap Osode for WS's.

Hey, I can put things in italics too. =)

Anyway, as I said a moment ago. The parses don't lie. I have parsed many merit parties and Kyudogi is marginally better than Osode for TPing with my situation using a gun. Might not work with everyone's setup, but it's not like I care.

Unlike you, I don't concern myself with what everyone else is doing all the time and argue about it if they're not doing it my way.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 21:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You're saying 2 rattack 2 racc > 5 DMG, but then claim 7 rattack > 4 racc? (torque vs pcc)

Flawed logic is flawed
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-22 21:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares let people buy or not buy sea torques gdi
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-22 21:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Osode is far better than Kyudogi.

That being said, RNG ACP body with R.Attack+10 Snapshot+5 is far better than both.

And Torque for TP, Gorget for WS on RNG.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 21:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

A) Wasn't talking to you
B) Never told anyone NOT to buy a sea torque
C) The person I WAS talking to already has a sea torque
D) I encourage the use of sea torques when your acc is capped, and was only giving out information that pcc > most torques when acc is uncapped.
E) People can buy all the sea torques or not it's their choice, I'm just giving my opinion so they can make an informed decision as to whether or not they actually want to purchase one instead of thinking "Oh hey torques are automatically best"
F) Wasn't talking to you
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
You're saying 2 rattack 2 racc > 5 DMG, but then claim 7 rattack > 4 racc? (torque vs pcc)

Flawed logic is flawed

We're talking about Osode Vs. Kyudogi.

[Insert witty one liner]

Enternius said:
Osode is far better than Kyudogi.

It's not as black and white as that. I will post the parses when it's not 3:30am to give you some food for thought.

Also, the calculations for Marksmanship are different than Bows, I believe. I am pretty sure of this, although I need to experiment more to confirm it. At this moment in time, it is an educated assumption without any real evidence.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 21:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Vegetto said:

Flawed logic is flawed

We're talking about Osode Vs. Kyudogi.

[Insert witty one liner]

Yes, we are, but you also said torque > pcc.

So we have 2 comparisons
7 rattack > 4racc
2 rattack 2 racc > 5 dmg
from what you're saying.

Those two are pretty contradictory if you ask me.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:

So we have 2 comparisons
7 rattack > 4racc
2 rattack 2 racc > 5 dmg
from what you're saying.

The Torques discussion was posted about five hours ago. Little late to the discussion there, champ.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 21:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

It's not as black and white as that. I will post the parses when it's not 3:30am to give you some food for thought.

When you post your parses, the most relavent data is going to be your average dmg/hit and your racc, not the % of the parse you did, as the other players can
A) Step up their game
B) Slack off
and that would have more of an effect on the parse than you changing a piece of gear, but your average dmg/hit and your average acc should show the correct difference between the two, provided you have the same food and buffs for both.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Your parses are incorrect, Osode is superior to Kyudogi.

Isn't it fantastic there's open minded people like you around.

"You're wrong, because I say so, despite the fact you may have evidence to suggest otherwise."
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-10-22 21:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I macro swap Osode for WS's.

Hey, I can put things in italics too. =)

Anyway, as I said a moment ago. The parses don't lie. I have parsed many merit parties and Kyudogi is marginally better than Osode for TPing with my situation using a gun. Might not work with everyone's setup, but it's not like I care.

Unlike you, I don't concern myself with what everyone else is doing all the time and argue about it if they're not doing it my way.

Kyudogi will out perform Osode via TP but as he said, it really isnt worth the cost unless you have nothing else better to do with your money. Also, if you have acp body for Rng, Dogi becomes 100% useless imo.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
When you post your parses, the most relavent data is going to be your average dmg/hit and your racc, not the % of the parse you did, as the other players can
A) Step up their game
B) Slack off
and that would have more of an effect on the parse than you changing a piece of gear, but your average dmg/hit and your average acc should show the correct difference between the two, provided you have the same food and buffs for both.

I have not been parsing anyone else in the party's damage. I have only been parsing my own damage with a variety of different setups. It might be a better idea to let me post the parses before you start arguing them with me.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-22 21:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It is that black and white, whether you admit it or not. 5 fSTR2 5 RATK 5 RACC > 7 RATK 7 RACC. Parses are notoriously useless for anything other than epeen due to too many variables that you cannot control for.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 21:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Vegetto said:

So we have 2 comparisons
7 rattack > 4racc
2 rattack 2 racc > 5 dmg
from what you're saying.

The Torques discussion was posted about five hours ago. Little late to the discussion there, champ.

It's relevant information.

Just explain how 7 rattack > 4 racc (higher damage/shot, but less acc) but 2rattack rracc > 5 DMG (lower dmg/shot, but more acc).

You saying it 5 hours ago makes no difference. You contradicted yourself.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Kyudogi will out perform Osode via TP but as he said, it really isnt worth the cost unless you have nothing else better to do with your money. Also, if you have acp body for Rng, Dogi becomes 100% useless imo.

Thank you for the support, Revision. Nice to see not all Rangers are as close minded as everyone else in this thread.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-22 21:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Dasva said:

A) Wasn't talking to you
D) I encourage the use of sea torques when your acc is capped, and was only giving out information that pcc > most torques when acc is uncapped.
E) People can buy all the sea torques or not it's their choice, I'm just giving my opinion so they can make an informed decision as to whether or not they actually want to purchase one instead of thinking "Oh hey torques are automatically best"
F) Wasn't talking to you

A-F) Who cares and why so serious?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-22 21:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Revision said:

Thank you for the support, Revision. Nice to see not all Rangers are as close minded as everyone else in this thread.

Doing math = closed minded?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
It is that black and white, whether you admit it or not. 5 fSTR2 5 RATK 5 RACC > 7 RATK 7 RACC. Parses are notoriously useless for anything other than epeen due to too many variables that you cannot control for.

You are so close minded it offends me. You haven't even seen the results of the parse, or my other experiments with the calculation of Marksmanship ranged attacks, and you're already ripping it to shreds.

I am not talking about WSing in Kyudogi; I have already said I swap to Osode for weapon skills.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Doing math = closed minded?

No, but telling somebody their experiments, results and evidence is wrong before you've even seen it is.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-22 21:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Was referring to TP phase actually, WS ought to be a foregone conclusion. Whether you like it or not parsing remains an inaccurate method to determine what works best. Math doesn't lie.

I'd be offended at you calling me of all people closed-minded, but it's too amusing for me to do so.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Was referring to TP phase actually, WS ought to be a foregone conclusion. Whether you like it or not parsing remains an inaccurate method to determine what works best. Math doesn't lie.

I'd be offended at you calling me of all people closed-minded, but it's too amusing for me to do so.

Somebody who enters a discussion and goes around telling people they are wrong, before seeing the point they have to make, is close minded.

It's nice that you think you're not a close minded individual. I approve of that. But start acting like it.

In regards to "Math doesn't lie.", yes it does. The hard maths of statistics don't lie, but all the attributing factors to a parse, the situation you're parsing, etc, will give various results. It might be that the specific monsters I was parsing produce different results than would be expected. There is definitely cause for further investigation. I will happily experiment them and share my results, even if close minded people (Generally speaking, that is not directed at you) don't like it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-22 21:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You've stated your case and thus your point. The basic equations underlying this game state you are wrong, I am simply presenting the results of those equations. If Kyudogi is actually outparsing Osode in a perfectly equal parse, that means the small difference in hitrate is surpassing a whopping base damage +5, which is further magnified by ranged attack. If that is the case, your hitrate is abysmal. I trust that isn't the case.

If you don't believe me, would Raenryong's word suffice? Look at the math he's done on various forums to assure yourself he knows what he's doing, then check the Kyudogi page on this website.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If your first post:

Nightfyre said:
Your parses are incorrect, Osode is superior to Kyudogi.

Was similar to that post:

Nightfyre said:
You've stated your case and thus your point. The basic equations underlying this game state you are wrong, I am simply presenting the results of those equations. If Kyudogi is actually outparsing Osode in a perfectly equal parse, that means the small difference in hitrate is surpassing a whopping base damage +5, which is further magnified by ranged attack. If that is the case, your hitrate is abysmal. I trust that isn't the case.

If you don't believe me, would Raenryong's word suffice? Look at the math he's done on various forums to assure yourself he knows what he's doing, then check the Kyudogi page on this website.

We wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Perhaps your entry into a future debate should be slightly more elegantly worded.

I'll look into it tomorrow when I'm more awake to consider and/or do maths.

Re. Hitrate, you are correct. In more or less all of the parses my hitrate was around 95%.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-22 21:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Brevity is its own form of elegance, though I specifically deleted that post because a) it was several posts too late and b) I realized it didn't contribute sufficiently and therefore hoped to keep you from seeing it by deleting it and posting again once I had caught up on the thread's progress.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-22 21:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Brevity is its own form of elegance, though I specifically deleted that post because a) it was several posts too late and b) I realized it didn't contribute sufficiently and therefore hoped to keep you from seeing it by deleting it and posting again once I had caught up on the thread's progress.

Hah, I didn't notice you'd deleted it. I would've deleted or edited mine to avoid this discussion if I'd noticed. =P

I'll pickup on any further points in the morning... Keep them coming, RNG is a job I love to experiment with and discuss.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 22:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
Dasva said:

A) Wasn't talking to you
F) Wasn't talking to you

A-F) Who cares and why so serious?

I thought that it was common knowledge that +6.3 accuracy AND attack is better than +10 accuracy alone.

I mean, come on now, not including the stat bonus, the +6.3 (considering that 1 skill = .9 acc and attack after skill 200) means that you are really getting a total bonus of +12.6 acc/att. You should realized (since people are quoting math here) that +12.6 > +10.

On a side note, I'm not arguing with you Dasva, I'm agreeing with you. I'm just arguing with people who say PCC > Sea Torque.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 22:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless your torque has agi (for ranged attacks, and my argument was on marksmanship not hope torque), or dex (for melee attacks) you have 7 attack vs 3-4 acc.

Let's say you're on a job like Sam. Sam's damage is split up 30% DoT 70% WS
damage approximately.

The 3-4 acc applies to ALL of your damage

The str/attack only applies to 30% of your damage.

When you TP in str/attack they just add damage to your hit, only add to your DoT
When you TP in acc, it increases your DoT AND your ws damage, because you land more hits, gain more TP and will WS more times. For the torques they are better for DoT yes, but your damage isn't DoT only. The only way torques w/o the exceptions (dex+ and agi+ torques for extra acc/racc) will beat pcc in uncapped acc, is if you only use DoT and never WS at all.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-22 22:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg: You would be correct for sufficiently high accuracy, but consider that accuracy also affects the WS portion of your DoT while the the attack from a torque does not. Thus, you see the full benefit of the acc as long as you don't cap early, but the value of attack in TP phase is reduced when considering your overall DoT.