New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Voting fraud
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Prong 2020-07-10 17:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
With all the money that governments throw away, I don’t see why they can’t just use taxpayer money to fund basic ID cards. Not everyone needs one because a lot of people have a driver’s license or other valid forms of ID, so I can’t imagine that the costs would be that high in most places.

Right. I mean, I can't even understand how the vast, vast majority of non-elderly/non-disabled don't already just have a Driver's License, even if they may not own a car. Never know when you may need to hop in your buddy's car and go pick up some weed.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-10 17:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My objection to voter ID is purely philosophical; it's a *** poll tax. Even if the IDs were free, the time spent obtaining it is not. I don't get why it's phrased as a race issue when, as Eiryl points out, it's a class issue. It does affect minorities more, but that's because of the lower classes' demographics, not anything targeted at race.

The answer is, as always, vote by mail. It's the easiest to secure, there's no voting machine chicanery, and there's no undue burden on the voter (no long lines, no need to take time off work, anything). Just fill out the form and send it back.

Literally the only thing we lose is the horserace *** on Election Night, where <insert cable news network of your choice> gets to cosplay as SportsCenter for a night. Good riddance.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-10 17:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz Missive said: »
My objection to voter ID is purely philosophical; it's a *** poll tax. Even if the IDs were free, the time spent obtaining it is not. I don't get why it's phrased as a race issue when, as Eiryl points out, it's a class issue. It does affect minorities more, but that's because of the lower classes' demographics, not anything targeted at race.

The answer is, as always, vote by mail. It's the easiest to secure, there's no voting machine chicanery, and there's no undue burden on the voter (no long lines, no need to take time off work, anything). Just fill out the form and send it back.

Literally the only thing we lose is the horserace *** on Election Night, where <insert cable news network of your choice> gets to cosplay as SportsCenter for a night. Good riddance.

I can't get behind mail-in because (all tinfoil hat ***aside) quite literally, it would be easier to vote as someone else. Perhaps someone voting FOR an elderly parent or relative, posing as, etc. People are smart and when trying to find a way around the RIGHT way to do things, people become f'n geniuses.

As Eiryl also said, if you wanted to vote THAT bad, you'd find a way to get that ID card. If you can't find it in you to get an ID card once every few years, it must not be that important to you.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 18:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the money that governments throw away, I don’t see why they can’t just use taxpayer money to fund basic ID cards. Not everyone needs one because a lot of people have a driver’s license or other valid forms of ID, so I can’t imagine that the costs would be that high in most places.
Isn't that what Social Security cards are though?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 18:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And that's where most of the voting fraud occurs.

People stealing ballots from the mail, forging their signature, and voting for the fraudster's preferred candidate.

I only voted once by mail in my life, and that's because I was overseas in 2008. I registered ahead of time (I left the US in August), I got my address to mail the ballot to, and voted. It really isn't that hard, but it does take as much, if not longer, time to vote by mail than it does to get an ID. Because there is a lot of hoops to go through (proving you are a citizen of your district, you are eligible to vote, so on).

I personally think it's just better for the government to issue voter IDs, just get it over with.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 18:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean thats the first step. But we also need to make vote days national holidays.

Many people claim to not vote because they literally can't. It's impossible to take the day off of work without getting fired.

And that still doesn't cover crazy once in a life time scenarios like a pandemic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 18:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, more locations is a gimme. waiting 10,000 deep for a 30 second vote is ***.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-10 19:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »

I can't get behind mail-in because (all tinfoil hat ***aside) quite literally, it would be easier to vote as someone else. Perhaps someone voting FOR an elderly parent or relative, posing as, etc. People are smart and when trying to find a way around the RIGHT way to do things, people become f'n geniuses.

As Eiryl also said, if you wanted to vote THAT bad, you'd find a way to get that ID card. If you can't find it in you to get an ID card once every few years, it must not be that important to you.

Agreed. It’s really not hard to vote for someone else with mail-in ballots. The way that the elderly in particular are often taken advantage of in other facets of their lives, I just don’t trust voting to be any different.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 19:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean thats the first step. But we also need to make vote days national holidays.
See, you and I can agree on something. It's a freakin miracle!

It's impossible to take the day off of work without getting fired.
Said somebody who has never worked before.

Even then, some states got around that by allowing early voting, usually 2 weeks in advance, including weekends, so there's really no excuse to not vote.

Also, more locations is a gimme. waiting 10,000 deep for a 30 second vote is ***.
If you only take 30 seconds to vote, maybe you shouldn't. Just saying.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-10 19:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if someone is inclined to vote straight-ticket, I would recommend that people make an exception for county auditors (or any other oversight officers). I will always vote for county auditors that belong to the opposite party of whoever is in charge to help keep people accountable. It just makes sense.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 19:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You should already know who you're picking before you go. Push the button, move your ***.

Or have an express lane for people that have other ***to do.
By Prong 2020-07-10 20:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You should already know who you're picking before you go. Push the button, move your ***.

Or have an express lane for people that have other ***to do.

And most people do, yes. Like I always said when they screamed about Comey coming out about Hillary's emails, that didn't sway one single person. There were not, tens of thousands of fence sitters just waiting for the 11th hour news, everyone knew who they were voting for the night the primaries ended.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-10 20:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Yeah that does seem odd. I live in rural, southern Ohio, largest town within an hour of me maybe 38,000 people and we have two different locations. There is even a tiny town closer, literally 1 stop light, a post office, a bank and a gas station and they have a vehicle registration office.
I live in rural north central WA. Four little towns near me. Total population in an 18 x4 mile oval is less than 5K.

The drivers license examiner is here 2 days a month. He serves a tri county area with a 40 - 50 mile reach. There is no useful public transit.

A lot of natives have no drivers license but never drive off the rez anyway. This being WA they can still vote.

And, on a whole different front, we can renew drivers licenses online. Its good for 5 years. I'm 76. People my age should not be able to do this.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-10 20:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

One can get a photo ID here from any drivers license office or examiner. No driving test involved.

See my post above.
By Prong 2020-07-10 20:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
And, on a whole different front, we can renew drivers licenses online. Its good for 5 years. I'm 76. People my age should not be able to do this.

We can agree on that. I've said for years that everyone starting around the age of 65 should be required to re-do their physical driving exam annually, to at bare minimum check to see their vision/reaction time is still safe to operate a motor vehicle. Human's faculties just tend to diminish exponentially faster the later you go in life.

Like Ravael said, could end the whole argument (well, no it wouldn't someone will always find something to *** about) but could cut into the argument quite a bit if they just issued a federal ID to everyone, free of charge, for the purpose of voting. Nothing else.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 20:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"I don't want my picture taken. They'll use it for facial recognition. There's a microchip tracking device in IDs you can't make me get one"
By Prong 2020-07-10 20:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"I don't want my picture taken. They'll use it for facial recognition. There's a microchip tracking device in IDs you can't make me get one"

Right, then, "Ok, we've identified one too crazy to vote, Johnson. Send him packing."
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-10 20:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Isn't that what Social Security cards are though?
No. Read your card. Last time I did it said not to be used for identification or something close to that.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-10 21:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To those types I always ask if they have a cell phone.

Also, more locations is a gimme. waiting 10,000 deep for a 30 second vote is voter suppression.
Fixed.
By volkom 2020-07-13 15:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.kcra.com/article/100000-mail-in-votes-went-uncounted-california-primary/33297339#

Quote:
More than 100,000 mail-in ballots were rejected by California election officials during the March presidential primary, according to data obtained by The Associated Press that highlights a glaring gap in the state's effort to ensure every vote is counted.

With the coronavirus pandemic raging, California is part of a growing number of states increasing mail-in balloting to avoid crowds at polling places. President Donald Trump is among those questioning the integrity of vote-by-mail elections while supporters say they are just as reliable as polling places and offer greater flexibility for voters.

But while polling places include workers who can assist people who have questions about filling out ballots, a voter doesn't have support at home and so problems can arise.

imagine that
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-13 15:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

100k out of 7 million total mail in ballots, 70k of which were simply mailed in too late to be counted. No evidence of voter fraud. Imagine that.
By volkom 2020-07-13 15:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

apply that problem to the whole country where the election isn't only about president but state representatives, senators, local govt etc. Is every city, county and state prepared to keep the integrity of the votes being submitted if we're pushing for a primarily mail-in-ballot election?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-13 15:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not forget that 100k could be recount territory. And this is just the primaries, not general election.

100k "missing" ballots means that nearly every election would/could open up to a recount. There has been elections overturned due to missing ballots of less than 200.

There are also elections overturned due to voting fraud of less than 200 ballots.

So, don't laugh at 100,000 "missing" ballots. That is a very serious issue.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-13 16:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
apply that problem to the whole country where the election isn't only about president but state representatives, senators, local govt etc. Is every city, county and state prepared to keep the integrity of the votes being submitted if we're pushing for a primarily mail-in-ballot election?

Well based on California's results, yes? People just need to fill out their ballot correctly and mail it on time. That was their biggest issue by far, and it's easy to correct. It certainly didn't lend any credence to the fear mongering going on in regards to mail in voting.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-13 16:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

k.

I'm calling it now, Vic will dismiss it because of the source.
By Viciouss 2020-07-13 16:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I think you guys have posted that heritage foundation "database" hundreds of times now. 1k total cases dating back to the 70s. Over a billion ballots cast dating back to their first instance, and they have found 1k total. And they obsess over every case. Whats the percentage of that?

000001%

Thank you Heritage Foundation for proving to us that voter fraud is not a problem in the USA. But we will never get tired of this conspiracy theory. Ever.
By volkom 2020-07-13 16:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Well based on California's results, yes? People just need to fill out their ballot correctly and mail it on time. That was their biggest issue by far, and it's easy to correct. It certainly didn't lend any credence to the fear mongering going on in regards to mail in voting.

If we're solely looking at california, new york or any state that traditionally votes democrat i don't think this will be a problem. but for swing states/districts this is a huge problem especially considering how tight the 2016 election was. Would be a shame if biden lost to trump cuz 100k+ votes per state weren't handled appropriately by all involved parties
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-13 16:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic, those were convictions. Multiple ballots and elections were tampered with for each conviction.

And multiple doesn't mean just 2.

But hey, you are ok with voting fraud. At least we got that out of the way....
By Viciouss 2020-07-13 16:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

If we're solely looking at california, new york or any state that traditionally votes democrat i don't think this will be a problem. but for swing states/districts this is a huge problem especially considering how tight the 2016 election was. Would be a shame if biden lost to trump cuz 100k+ votes per state weren't handled appropriately by all involved parties

Improperly handled ballots are of course unacceptable, but that's not what happened in Cali, the state doesn't appear to have done anything wrong. The errors were committed by the voters themselves, they didn't mail it in on time, they didn't sign it, they mailed in an empty envelope. As long as the states are doing their jobs correctly, which despite some shenanigans we have seen in Georgia and Wisconsin, I think they will, we will be fine.
By Viciouss 2020-07-13 16:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Vic, those were convictions. Multiple ballots and elections were tampered with for each conviction.

And multiple doesn't mean just 2.

But hey, you are ok with voting fraud. At least we got that out of the way....

This was funny, thanks. Please continue sharing your conspiracies. 1k cases out of over a billion ballots. It makes me laugh everytime I see that "database," especially since they set the bar so low for inclusion. Most of their "cases" are just registration fraud, the most common type of voter fraud, in which no votes were cast.