New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Minneapolis, MN PD
Minneapolis, MN PD
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
By Viciouss 2020-05-30 12:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This was another freebie for Trump, an easy opportunity to lead. Call for peace, unity, love, express actual empathy. Instead, on the first night, he attacks the Democrats, he calls the protesters thugs, threatens military intervention, warns looting leads to shooting. He has kept up those attacks as recently as an hour ago, and you wonder why the protests have spread?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-30 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been coming for quite a while.

And trump only has one tool in the toolbox. Aggravate/Agitate.

He is incapable of checking ego... I don't know where this stops, but there is no best case scenario.
By volkom 2020-05-30 13:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
warns looting leads to shooting

it can and does happen ~ example:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/man-shot-dead-at-lake-street-pawn-shop-amid-riots-is-identified

Quote:
Authorities have identified a man allegedly shot dead by a pawn shop owner during the first night of unrest over George Floyd's death in Minneapolis.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner says that 43-year-old Calvin Horton Jr. died at HCMC at 9:39 p.m. Wednesday from shotgun wounds to the "chest and upper extremities."

He had been shot around a half hour earlier outside Cadillac Pawn and Jewelry at 1538 Lake St., which is around 10 blocks west of where protesting and rioting erupted outside the 3rd Minneapolis Police Precinct.

but its cool. we can ignore tweets and posts like michael moore's

Quote:
Good citizens burning down the evil police precinct in MN after all police were out & safe. All police should go home. No violence please. Police HQ must be demolished by the city tomorrow as a show of contrition to black America. Rebuild PD with decent kind ppl aka ppl of color

or the ones who are donating money to bail out protesters ~ dunno how people support those who willingly destroy and loot businesses that had nothing to do with this

or violence like this:

YouTube Video Placeholder

this is beyond protesting now

but its okay. people hate cops, hate trump but will spare the waffle house

By Viciouss 2020-05-30 14:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody supports Michael Moore, and no one views him as a high profile leader in society. You had to go pretty extreme there.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-30 14:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It also appears the Accelerationists are taking the opportunity to show up and play agent provocateur.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-05-30 14:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully this incident represents a tipping point. Our communities have been victimized by police violence the entire history of this country. It's time for that to end. If it takes riots nationwide to see that change so be it.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-30 16:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

St. Paul mayor says arrested protesters were from out of state
The Hill
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-30 17:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Hopefully this incident represents a tipping point. Our communities have been victimized by police violence the entire history of this country. It's time for that to end. If it takes riots nationwide to see that change so be it.

I'm not sure about the logic here. Riots seem to scare local civilians far more than they scare cops. If you and/or your property are the victim of rioters, who can protect you? Suddenly you're thinking, "Man, I wish there was a cop here to help me." You might not even get insurance payouts to cover the loss. Whose side are you going to be on then?

On the other hand, you burn down a precinct and guess what? Your community's taxes are going to put up another one. If the cops themselves are physically overwhelmed, they have multiple methods to protect themselves including the authorization to use increasing levels of force and the potential to call in bigger and badder reinforcements.

I don't think in terms of absolutes so I wouldn't say that riots have never brought about positive change, but, as a general rule, going out and committing violent acts is a very counterproductive strategy for achieving long-lasting respect.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-30 17:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So, what? Continue to peacefully protest for another couple decades and see if things maybe change?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-30 18:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure white hate will just up and vanish one day, just like the coronavirus. People are tired of being preyed upon because of their skin color. So they lash out, and when they are ridiculed and threatened for it, they lash out even more.
By volkom 2020-05-30 18:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
as a general rule, going out and committing violent acts is a very counterproductive strategy for achieving long-lasting respect.

agreed ~ unfortunately we get stuff like this:

I really hope this doesn't turn out like 2016 where we have police officers being ambushed and killed
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-30 18:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
So, what? Continue to peacefully protest for another couple decades and see if things maybe change?

You make it sound like a binary issue where peaceful protesting and rioting are the only solutions to bring about change. Not surprising, given how so much of this very complex issue is dumbed down into buzzwords and ever-moving goalposts.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-30 19:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There was some protests here in Austin today, they remained peaceful, although they did completely shut down the main highway in both directions. My house thought about going but covid won the day. not sure if they plan on going into the night.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-30 19:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

You make it sound like a binary issue where peaceful protesting and rioting are the only solutions to bring about change. Not surprising, given how so much of this very complex issue is dumbed down into buzzwords and ever-moving goalposts.
Yeah, because no one has tried, in the last couple decades, to work themselves into places of influence and exert change from within.

No one has attempted to get people elected who are pro-police reform.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-30 20:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

https://twitter.com/nataliealund/status/1266877181164089349?s=19
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-30 21:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure white hate will just up and vanish one day, just like the coronavirus. People are tired of being preyed upon because of their skin color. So they lash out, and when they are ridiculed and threatened for it, they lash out even more.

So vic’s a confirmed racist. Huh
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-30 21:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How predictable.

Moving on, things are starting to get a little worse here in Austin, they have set a car on fire on I-35, which is still shut down.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-05-30 23:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Commodus said: »

So vic’s a confirmed racist. Huh

He can't be racist he votes Democrat.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-30 23:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like being on your own property is grounds to get shot at.

https://twitter.com/tkerssen/status/1266921821653385225?s=20
By Viciouss 2020-05-30 23:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are the cops walking down an empty neighborhood street in the first place? It's nice that in this age of social media they aren't getting away with this kind of crap anymore.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-30 23:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They're enforcing curfew, but they can't seem to comprehend the curfew directions they're enforcing.

Funnily enough, they've been opening fire on media who are exempt from the curfew. Freelancer for The Guardian, Linda Tirado, got an eye destroyed while reporting last night.
By Voren 2020-05-31 00:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

OKC just joined the rest in destroying ***as well.

https://www.koco.com/article/protesters-gather-saturday-night-in-oklahoma-city-in-response-to-george-floyds-death/32720663
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-31 01:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

White dude in Dallss stabbed a black dude with a sword, chased another and got the ***kicked out of him by a dozen or so protesters.

Volunteer medical protesters patched him up within minutes.

Haven't seen an update on the dude that got stabbed.

Seen talk of, but haven't seen any proof of, a white dude shooting arrows at protesters in Dallas.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-31 02:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Racists perceive racism everywhere and have to label everyone.
[+]
By volkom 2020-05-31 03:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

White dude in Dallss stabbed a black dude with a sword, chased another and got the ***kicked out of him by a dozen or so protesters.

Volunteer medical protesters patched him up within minutes.

Haven't seen an update on the dude that got stabbed.

Seen talk of, but haven't seen any proof of, a white dude shooting arrows at protesters in Dallas.

beaten and stoned :|

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/05/31/victim-assault-video-dallas-confronted-protesters-machete-protect-neighborhood-police-say/
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-31 04:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't going to end until these cops are all dead. Just keep escalating. Just keep shooting.
Quote:
How do you respond to protests with the very thing people are protesting and not expect it to get worse?
By Voren 2020-05-31 05:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in favor of pulling out police entirely until the end. I'll go home and chill until this all deescalates and then come in for the clean up. I'll be safer out the house than I am in the basement of my office building built in the 1930's and remodeled 10 years ago by the lowest bidder who was the son of the court clerk.

People overrun my building I'm ***, so yeah, I'll go home, ya'll let me know when you're done razing ***. Oh, and if you see a decent 72" 4k TV, I'll make you a good offer.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-31 12:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i also read news about protests in europe.

Not gonna join a discussion about right or wrong. Neither i care about this domestic affair, your problem.

But this coordinations around the world isnt something natural. Since february. week after week someone is doing his best to make this world the worst place to live. Scandal after scandal (now talking about my country). Fear due covid, now that is slowing being surpassed next on the list is creating turmoil in society. In america this episode. Here in Brasil suposelly a conflict between powers.

You can call me some believer of a conspiracy theory, but face the true, those conspiracy theory are the only thing that makes sense right now, unless its expected society to move like this week after week spontaneously.

Something is going terribly wrong this year. This is not just politic.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-31 12:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol is 2020 some cabalistic number?
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-31 13:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s aways about power and control. News networks are propaganda outlets for political parties. Political parties are funded and controlled by a few people/groups. Those people/groups direct their propaganda outlets to seize on every possible event and blow it out of proportion to an extreme level. This keeps people perpetually angry and divided. Angry and divided people are less rational and easier to control. Organic conflict still isn’t destructive enough to achieve their goals, so they pay mentally ill thugs to swarm hotspots and wreak havoc. The propaganda outlets hyper focus on these relatively tiny pockets of targeted havoc, propagandize them, and try to trick the general population into thinking the entire world is burning so they need to vote for XYZ political party to fix the problem with success and such fantasy, emotion-based, completely implausible solution. Many people are obedient sheep and unquestioningly believe everything they see on television, and buy into the propaganda.

This ***happens all day every day, this year just happened to present multiple events that the few people in power could capitalize on so far.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10