Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-28 22:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if any Japanese players have questioned them on why does this event require 3 KIs. Like what was the motivation for that? No repeating job/support job I can get, it's an arbitrary challenge. But what did they have in mind when they required you to have 3KI but can leave anytime since it only expends one? It's so odd
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-28 22:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Simplest answer, there was or will be a bonus for doing more than one. Planned for future updates, or scrapped but left the remnant of the idea in.

Really is that simple.

I mean just look at delve, what it's based on. More plasm multiplier for more kills. It's right there.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-28 22:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Beside's Eiryl's guess;

If a group wanted to do 3 NMs in a row, but only 5/6 party members have 3 KIs then obviously the party cant do all 3 NMs.

It's a pretty terrible reason, but it makes sense.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-02-28 22:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Beside's Eiryl's guess;

If a group wanted to do 3 NMs in a row, but only 5/6 party members have 3 KIs then obviously the party cant do all 3 NMs.

It's a pretty terrible reason, but it makes sense.

You coordinate. It is not difficult.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-28 22:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not asking what's the point of doing 3 in a row. They very well may implement a bonus later on. That's not the question. I'm asking why it even requires you to have 3 in the first place to even enter. Wouldn't the logical thing be to just require 1 to enter, but you can hold up to 3? The bonus to successive kills can still apply later on if they do choose. But the whole "requires 3 key items to ENTER" makes zero logical sense.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-01 02:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
makes zero logical sense.

that's SE motto
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 02:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we reach a consensus on Tiiimbeeer?
Please correct me if I'm wrong in what I'm about to say

1) Ignores Scherzo
2) Ignores Earthen Armor
3) Ignores Migawari
4) Ignores Yaegasumi (Sam SP2)
5) There is no clear correlation with xDT gear (i.e. we don't know if xDT gear actually reduces the damage or not)
6) There is no clear correlation with Defense
7) Damage doesn't appear to be elementally alligned and not magical at all
8) Damage of Tiiimbeeer seems to be affected by some variables but we don't know which ones yet.

I think this is obviously special about Mboze's Timber, because the original Tiiimbeeer from the other 3 Tree guys is Earth Damage.
No clear info about Mboze's Tiiimbeeer on the JP wiki. They seem to hint about using Migawari from NIN but that may refer to other special moves, not Tiiimbeeer, since we just said that from other people reporting in this thread, Migawari doesn't seem to be working on Tiiimbeeer.
By zixxer 2021-03-01 06:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

1) Ignores Scherzo
2) Ignores Earthen Armor
3) Ignores Migawari
4) There is no clear correlation with xDT gear (i.e. we don't know if xDT gear actually reduces the damage or not)
5) There is no clear correlation with Defense
6) Damage doesn't appear to be elementally alligned and not magical at all
7) Damage of Tiiimbeeer seems to be affected by some variables but we can't rule out which ones.

I think this is obviously special about Mboze's Timbeer, because the original Timbeer from the other 3 Tree guys is Earth Damage.
No clear info about Mboze's Tiiimbeeer on the JP wiki. They seem to hint about using Migawari from NIN but that may refer to other special moves, not Tiiimbeeer, since we just said that from other people reporting in this thread, Migawari doesn't seem to be working on Tiiimbeeer.

8 Ignores Yaegasumi
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-03-01 06:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Ignores Scherzo
2) Ignores Earthen Armor
3) Ignores Migawari
4) Ignores Yaegasumi (Sam SP2)
5) There is no clear correlation with xDT gear (i.e. we don't know if xDT gear actually reduces the damage or not)
6) There is no clear correlation with Defense
7) Damage doesn't appear to be elementally alligned and not magical at all
8) Damage of Tiiimbeeer seems to be affected by some variables but we don't know which ones yet.

I think this is obviously special about Mboze's Timber, because the original Tiiimbeeer from the other 3 Tree guys is Earth Damage.

I agree to #8 fully. On PLD I took 10k+ once with -50% DT, Aegis, and Burtgang. The WAR standing next to me with normal DD set took less than 6k. To me, the HP linkage makes the most sense somehow as I had ~3500 HP and he had ~2400.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 06:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the reports we gathered so far I think that

1) MaxHP seems like it might have some sort of influence on the Tiiimbeeer damage
2) If that's so, clearly there are other factors at play in addition to MaxHP, because otherwise we wouldn't be able to explain some numbers that have been shared

So tl;dr
If MaxHP does indeed affect Tiiimbeeer damage, it's not the only variable doing that.
By Kilogram 2021-03-01 06:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some Gaol T1 and T2, for some reason i was given every single trust. Needless to say I had a blast using ygnas
By eliroo 2021-03-01 07:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Have we tried some of the other silly SE things like number of buffs, number of debuffs. Also can timber be out ranged during its casting?
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 07:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Have we tried some of the other silly SE things like number of buffs, number of debuffs. Also can timber be out ranged during its casting?

Looking at logs the casting time is close to instant.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-03-01 07:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

A friend pointed number of buffs out after we got hit with it twice in a run. First wiped the tank and DDs, I raised everyone up and the RUN was weak tanking whilst we recovered when it was used again, and it did half the damage if I recall (which probably translated to RUN buffs but no brd or cor buffs). Wouldn't say I feel confident this is true, but it's a data point for the overall story lol
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 07:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The "number of buffs on player", hinting at More buffs => more damage, kinda clashes with the fact that Luopans and Automatons got hit for really huge amounts despite having a minimal (if at all) number of buffs.

Unless you meant more buffs => less timber damage?
But I don't think that would work either.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-01 07:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the #buffs on player with hate = the aoe damage of timber? just like FU can absorb 20 buffs and still smoke a player in range that had zero absorbed?
By eliroo 2021-03-01 07:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The "number of buffs on player", hinting at More buffs => more damage, kinda clashes with the fact that Luopans and Automatons got hit for really huge amounts despite having a minimal (if at all) number of buffs.

Unless you meant more buffs => less timber damage?
But I don't think that would work either.

That's fair, SE would have to have it deal increased damage to pets as well which is probably unlikely. There has to be some dumb gimmick, I don't see why SE would make an ability that deals damage based on maxHP to ensure lethality unless its preventable lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 07:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Perhaps the #buffs on player with hate = the aoe damage of timber? just like FU can absorb 20 buffs and still smoke a player in range that had zero absorbed?
This doesn't work either because people in range have been hit by the same Timber for very very different amount of damage.

Talking about like 10k and 6k differences. We had several reports of similar situations, last of which a few posts ago concerning a PLD in full DT gear getting hit for 10k and a WAR in DD gear getting hit for 6k

If anything this hits that there is a calculation that takes into consideration some stats of the targets being hit by the move.
If this wasn't the case, the move would do the same damage (whatever amount it is) to all the targets in range.
Instead it doesn't, so I think this totally confirms that some stats (which?) on the targets are one of the variables influencing the damage.

@Eilroo
As I mentioned before it seems that maxHP might play a role in the damage (we don't know for sure yet), but if it does it's not the only factor at play here, there are others.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-01 07:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone attempted no buffs? It's been mentioned but I haven't read about execution.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 08:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kilogram said: »
Did some Gaol T1 and T2, for some reason i was given every single trust. Needless to say I had a
blast using ygnas

It gives you the trusts of every player in the zone with you. They are shared among party members.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-01 08:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how a monberaux acts when called in such a way.

Mostly pointless, just wonder if he functions under the maxed donation or zero donation, since the caster doesn't have him. Wonder how it affects the AI etc.
By Kilogram 2021-03-01 08:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Kilogram said: »
Did some Gaol T1 and T2, for some reason i was given every single trust. Needless to say I had a
blast using ygnas

It gives you the trusts of every player in the zone with you. They are shared among party members.

maybe thats why people were seeing that weird trust packet that is causing lag, or whatever that was
By Heghmoh 2021-03-01 09:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

on venge-5 Attonement 3, is there anyway to avoid the full buff removal that happens occassionally? I'm able to get Kalunga down to 30-40%, but having to re-buff constantly really slows things down and occasionally leads to a wipe
By Guyford 2021-03-01 09:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
on venge-5 Attonement 3, is there anyway to avoid the full buff removal that happens occassionally? I'm able to get Kalunga down to 30-40%, but having to re-buff constantly really slows things down and occasionally leads to a wipe
For Kalunga, that's volcanic stasis and its conal. A pup tank doesn't care about this. We just used sam brd smn pup with monberaux and koru and pacifiying rubied the sam repeatedly. Just stand back during lahar weakness and its super easy.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-01 10:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I wonder how a monberaux acts when called in such a way.

Mostly pointless, just wonder if he functions under the maxed donation or zero donation, since the caster doesn't have him. Wonder how it affects the AI etc.

I would hope it's the Monberaux that has been paid his extortion fee if Gaol is pulling from all member's Trust lists and the person paid the full amount. But just as likely it's unpaid Monberaux...

A third possibility is multiple people have Monberaux and Gaol simply plays roulette with whoever's list it pulls from and that person forgot to pay the extortion fee for the week.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 10:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You can test this easily by calling Monberaux and viewing his summon message, if you don't have him unlocked normally. If he says something about a donation, then he gets the bonus.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-01 12:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but it's a general question.

So I really don't know Nin/Mnk.

What use does the Mpaca set have for the jobs on it? I mean, most can use Malignance gear (-dt) or the Ken. set (Ta, Crit, good WS and TP set).

Is it used in hybrid (Sam of course), WS, or TP gain ?

Is there a specific piece of it that is BiS?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure myself, there's an ongoing discussion in the latest pages of the MNK thread if you're curious.

At a glance I'd say the head is a pretty solid piece for many WS, could be a good compromise for TP as well in place of Adhemar B.
Hands are also pretty good for TPing if you're going for a Crit Build or empy AM build.

Not sure about the rest honestly but I do share your perplexities.
By Nariont 2021-03-01 12:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

at a glance head should win for most ws, specially if the sc bonus comes into play, body seems like a strong hybrid alternative to most TP bodies, legs have PDL, and hands should be a strong white dmg piece for nin/mnk/pup, sam i doubt wants to give up hasso gloves.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 12:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
What use does the Mpaca set have for the jobs on it? I mean, most can use Malignance gear (-dt) or the Ken. set (Ta, Crit, good WS and TP set).

Neither of these sets have attack, so Mpaca is an easy upgrade for attack-starved jobs in a subless environment like Sheol: Gaol (Ninja, Monk) that also provides the safety of PDT. The entire set also has Killer effects and good evasion, so it comes as a good piece to tank or take hits in (Counter on the body is phenomenal). Not going to spell out in detail every possible use because I could be wrong, but you can look at which jobs might need the most help from the attack/high str and decide from there what you may be able to use it on.
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 237 238 239