First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-24 14:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
incoming dozens of stacks of skeleton keys on AH in 3...2...1...

Why Skeletons? I wrote above it works with living keys. If its a gearswap feature, it probably works with both keys and tools too.

Prob cuz it appears to have a higher success rate. Price already 500k/12 LOL. Plus, people ignore vendors for a lot of easy stuff and just go to the AH and load up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-24 14:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dood just delete the gear from the gs file and turn it on. It's that simple.

Takes days to built a gs, but literally seconds to delete everything just so you can use the functions.
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 14:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Dood just delete the gear from the gs file and turn it on. It's that simple.

Takes days to built a gs, but literally seconds to delete everything just so you can use the functions.

I mean checking if thats GS is super easy. dont need to delete anything too. Just unload gearswap lol. The thing is I have no more KI for today and also I dont want to touch keys now, because I dont want to get banned and also need to catch up with NM kills :D
By malakef 2020-03-24 14:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if it’s not GS it would surely be an exploit then so no reason to test if that’s the concern.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-24 14:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

GS does it because it translates the typed command directly into a packet. The base client would recognize you are too far away and not send the packet in the first place.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-24 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked it with gearswap loaded and unloaded. Loaded worked, unloaded didn't.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-03-24 15:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the default max trade distance?
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-24 15:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
incoming dozens of stacks of skeleton keys on AH in 3...2...1...

Prob cuz it appears to have a higher success rate. Price already 500k/12 LOL. Plus, people ignore vendors for a lot of easy stuff and just go to the AH and load up.

It's not quite that simple. I can craft my own skeleton keys but there are no NPC vendors in the game that sell bat fangs, and the only one that sells sheep teeth is the guild vendor in windy but he never has any stock. You can be the only one there when the guild opens on a new day at 8:00 game time and it'll still be sold out from the previous day. Guild vendors being able to run out of stock has been an annoying inconvenience since day one.

So unless you wanna farm up your own bat fangs and sheep teeth you can't just make them whenever (auction also empty on stock). Is 500K worth the time it takes to farm up a few stacks of fangs and teeth? Probably. Most bats drop bat wings like candy, but getting them to drop fangs is like... well... pulling teeth. 500k per stack is actually kind of cheap considering how much of an inconvenience it is to aquire the necessary mats that vendors don't sell.
[+]
By devasbismarck 2020-03-24 15:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

devasbismarck said: »
devasbismarck said: »
Mastery went to III upon killing 2nd NM (izzat popped)

395 mobs
6 chests
3 unique NM (1 izzat popped, 2 item popped

Mastery IV upon killing 5th NM

416 mobs
6 chests 0 coffers
5 unique NM (2 izzat popped, 3 item popped)

Mastery V upon killing 9th NM

472 mobs
6 chests 0 coffers
9 unique NM (2 izzat popped, 7 item popped)
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-24 15:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
What is the default max trade distance?

About 5-6 yalms, certainly not 50
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-25 00:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
May have missed it (23 pages lol), but Has anyone mentioned the beastmen king in the 7th floor Halo? When I was running through to hit the last conflux, I saw a non-targetable Overlord Bakogodek. I shoulda taken a SS.
I was soloing them on monk to see how feasible they are.

In short they are soloable on monk, but with just 5 trust buffs on my monk they were easy but slow. The only difference is how they look and that they use 2hrs (agon black belt used hundred fists, agon renegade used blood weapon, agon PLD type used invincible etc) and are tougher and more HP.
In a run I killed 2 families/groups of mobs, popped an NM, ran up to 7, then found and killed halo and 2 bestmen kings that aggroed me, then ran to touch end, then ran back and killed 3 or 4 more, but timed out of the very last one and was warped out. So basically if you want to solo them in a run you won't have time to do any other NMs and monster farming along the way up.

They also didn't show up as any special accomplishments (just added to nostos count possibly but nothing new in report).

I think eijin+martel have a video a few pages back of sam+run+brd+cor+whm+rdm going through them really fast after super-buffing and sleeping them all and picking them off one by one but also not getting anything special out of them either even after winning and touching eit.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-25 01:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing 4 fetter runs with RUN BRD COR and 3 WHM trusts, so you don't need too much to take 'em all out. Don't have a geared THF on any of my chars for mimics, so that's the next best thing for me (aside from doing 3 solo runs on all my chars, but that would be boring).
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-03-25 08:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I see little to no mention of the Acuity Belt +1. Is 23 INT 15 macc not good enough? It looks beefy to me.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Acuity_Belt_%2B1
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-03-25 09:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
20 for floor 6, more for floor 7.
We finally popped a Unity NM on floor seven, but it took 21 materials... I expected it to take more. Our first run, floor three took four materials, the second run I swear floor three took three materials after a Moogle Mastery upgrade. Anyone else notice a difference in pop item requirements?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-25 09:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Floor 5 I was not able to pop the Fly NM with 15 Unity mats. This was after clearing a fetter and NM on both 1 + 3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-25 10:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lioncourt said: »
Ive popped a NM from 1 mat on floor 1, then was told i had too few of another mat when trading a full stack on floor 5. No fetters touched.
I've had the same thing. (only with a fetter and a izzat NM too) Where 5 isn't enough for a F5 pop. So the 20+ mats isn't the most shocking.
By alamihgo 2020-03-25 23:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Sylph.Reain said: »
20 for floor 6, more for floor 7.
We finally popped a Unity NM on floor seven, but it took 21 materials... I expected it to take more. Our first run, floor three took four materials, the second run I swear floor three took three materials after a Moogle Mastery upgrade. Anyone else notice a difference in pop item requirements?
Floor 1 - 1
Floor 2 - 1
Floor 3 - 2
Floor 5 - 11
Never popped NM on 4, 6 or 7.

Interestingly, I needed the full stack of 12 to pop NM on floor 5 yesterday. For reference, I cleared 3 fetters + beastmen, opened 3 NQ chest, popped and defeated 3 NMs on previous floors, KO'd 22 NMs overall and the specific NM popped on floor 5 - malboro - was defeated 4 times prior. MM VI.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-26 02:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI nothing special unlocked after I soloed the last of all 16 unique NMs (plus 4 repeats), still at Moogle Mastery 6.
The only NM I would not do again if I can avoid it is the slime, just takes a long time to solo on monk even with formless strikes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2020-03-26 02:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Floor 7 takes 24 unity NM material to pop NM.
By SimonSes 2020-03-26 07:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Chest discount only goes as far as -5 (so 5 Izzat is minimum for chest). I have 66 chests opened and price is still 5.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-03-26 09:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Chest discount only goes as far as -5 (so 5 Izzat is minimum for chest). I have 66 chests opened and price is still 5.

I was wondering about that. Very cool, thanks. I can go back to my preferred method once I hit 50 chests lol.

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
Floor 7 takes 24 unity NM material to pop NM.

I'm starting to wonder if popping NMs is based on a ranking system like the chests. Where killing more NMs reduces the material cost.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-26 10:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly is the advantage to killing NMs on higher floors as opposed to lower? I assume it would be something worthwhile like extra boxes chance/large boxes, but nobody has mentioned it. Anyone know?
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-26 12:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What exactly is the advantage to killing NMs on higher floors as opposed to lower? I assume it would be something worthwhile like extra boxes chance/large boxes, but nobody has mentioned it. Anyone know?
Not really, both on floor 1 and 7 I got usually 1 box and like 2-3 scales, the only reason for doing NMs at higher floors is to do more of them per run since on each floor there is just one popped by items.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-03-26 12:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Are any of the UNM mats NM easily soloable on COR? I'm trying to add a floor 1 NM to my daily farm routing to maximize the scales per run but don't want to get raped or take extra 15 mins if they are too strong
By Taint 2020-03-26 13:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Are any of the UNM mats NM easily soloable on COR? I'm trying to add a floor 1 NM to my daily farm routing to maximize the scales per run but don't want to get raped or take extra 15 mins if they are too strong

The normal UNMs? They melt if your COR is decent. They are ilvl 122 mobs.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-26 13:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Jolly green is very easy and fast, both UNM and popped version, not sure about COR specifically but definitely way easier than garbage gel or cactuar.
By Weeew 2020-03-26 13:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Moogle Mastery V
8 NMs (4 unique nm's)
1040 Nostos
20 chests
2 coffers

Moogle Mastery VI
9 NMs (5 unique nm's)
1140 Nostos
23 chests
2 coffers

Moogle Mastery VII
12 NMs (8 unique nm's)
1303 Nostos
33 chests
4 coffers
By Weeew 2020-03-26 13:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My COR is pretty much BiS and some of the NM's can be tricky... I usually leave the NM as the last thing I do on floor 1 before going to floor 2. Also I summon a ninja tank trust to assist August because even at MM VII he can still get 1-shot. If you are not trying to clear all the NM's and just want an easy one to repeat then do the Gobbue, Buggard, or Cockatrice.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 237 238 239