The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 238 239 240
 Asura.Jokes
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-12-21 12:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also cleared Gig today BRD COR WAR MNK SCH PLD. Caper at 40% and it went fairly smooth
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-21 12:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's better to keep the adds bound vs slept. It takes like a half dozen sleeps to land it on one, let alone two, but Bind lands almost 100% from a well geared RDM. Same with Gravity II. I'd just do Sabo Bind > Gravity and then melee in between. Have the party pull gig far away so rdm has time to react to add losing bind. You can save Stymie Sleep 2 for an emergency control of one the adds under 40%.
I just land a non-Sabo'd Bind to start with. Apply Frazzle III + Gravity II. Fire off a few Sleeps to trigger Immunobreak. Wait a couple minutes. Then apply Sleep. This way you are staggering your timers out. If Bind wears off when you are not expecting it/busy, it's still slept to cover your ***, and vice versa. Gravity II buys you time in an emergency to just slap on a Bind then go back to what you were doing. Moving Gigelorum Prime is a dps loss and can result in a DD getting hit with a Debilitating Spout, you should run the babies away 20 yalms or so.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-21 18:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
The way the WS wall there was implemented was stupid since it also affected SC dmg. How do you do skillchains for damage if any follow up WS will get nerfed down?

Maybe the implementation of the nuke wall has also been bugged for the last decade. Maybe thell adjust the nuke waaahahahahahaha yarite

Well they better not I finally sat down and tested how the nuke wall actually works, its not nearly as strong as previously believed and far far weaker than the ws wall was which is why we did much better nuking through the nuke wall than trying to ws.
YouTube Video Placeholder
My testing shows that changing elements does still cause the nuke wall.

Nuking on Bounding Belinda:
Fire: 4138
Blizzard: 4180
Fire > Fire: 4138 > 3310
Blizzard > Blizzard: 4180 > 3344
Fire > Blizzard: 4138 > 3344
Blizzard > Fire: 4180 > 3310
[+]
By Lilllith 2022-12-21 18:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A group beat Kalunga V25

Setup is BRD GEO COR DRK PLD WHM. One KI needed
By Vaerix 2022-12-21 20:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilllith said: »
A group beat Kalunga V25

WHM add tank is my only guess? Or just ridiculously lucky on add tp moves, should only get 1-2 if they're just getting tp from melee
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-21 20:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Absorb tp from the drk
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-21 20:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Absorb tp from the drk
Popped Asylum before entering Gaol from Rabao and it didnt dispel their /sj
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-21 20:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Absorb tp from the drk
Popped Asylum before entering Gaol from Rabao and it didnt dispel their /sj

Wrong, they made sure they used their atmas and had 2mil cruor for Brews.
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-21 20:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Lilllith said: »
A group beat Kalunga V25

WHM add tank is my only guess? Or just ridiculously lucky on add tp moves, should only get 1-2 if they're just getting tp from melee
WHM is not going to be able to get enmity on either add with the amount of DPS that has to be pushed out to meet the time requirement. Basically ridiculously lucky with TP moves. Paralyze/Slow/Elegy both of them when you can (and reapply after Roar) to reduce their TP gain. We got full dispelled a couple times causing a loss before winning.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Vaerix 2022-12-22 04:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
We plan on trying our V20 strat for Kalunga soon, PLD RUN BRD COR WHM DRK. We used a PLD to solo tank one add last time with no support, should be able to hold two NP and let everyone else push the boss.

Let us know how the 40-0 dps check goes with that, would be interesting to hear how possible it is, aura going off forcing skillchains or weakness forcing dd's to back off could be seriously damaging to finishing on time.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-22 06:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: We got Gigelorum down now, MNK BRD COR PLD(aegis) WAR RDM. One KI, Invinc -> Sforzo on its 1hrs and Attack down the entire time. Rdm locked down the adds and boss died with 7 mins left on the clock.

This thing just spams dispel non-stop and tps out of control, having no luck with this guy

what rolls? songs? pld non-engaged?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-22 07:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld was engaged the entire time, using full meva set, 5/5 sakpata and Burt/Aegis. Atonement weaving helped to mitigate anyone else getting ws walled.
Was the dispel landing on him, I would say it dispelled us 10-15 times in a fight, maybe more? the other tips on sabo para with iceshot is good and our rdm did really seem to tame him down quit a bit
By SimonSes 2022-12-22 07:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I would change WAR to something else, like BLU or GEO, but WAR is probably easier to find :P
By SimonSes 2022-12-22 07:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 sakpata and Burt/Aegis

No idea why PLD would use Aegis over Duban for Gig.
Duban means no def down or max HP down. You are safe even after full dispel.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-12-22 09:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

So this ones a bit interesting, we tried a few iterations of shield that all resulted in Spout doing 2-3k damage consistently with the exception of aegis. I want to debate whether or not spout is Breath damage as the wiki says. With aegis, spout never did more than 2-300 making the curse/hp down irrelevant.

It's breath damage that counts as magic for some reason. PLDs in our LS died and got one shot multiple times with those moves when not using aegis, even in capped current DT. Baniak has n't tanked this on PLD so he would n't know.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-22 09:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
SimonSes said: »

So this ones a bit interesting, we tried a few iterations of shield that all resulted in Spout doing 2-3k damage consistently with the exception of aegis. I want to debate whether or not spout is Breath damage as the wiki says. With aegis, spout never did more than 2-300 making the curse/hp down irrelevant.

It's breath damage that counts as magic for some reason. PLDs in our LS died and got one shot multiple times with those moves when not using aegis, even in capped current DT. Baniak has n't tanked this on PLD so he would n't know.

Ah thanks for confirming, I knew I wasn't going crazy. This move was the only real threat from it, taking the tank to red hp + ST20 ended a few of our attempts

Fun fact that while the zombie blocks healing, cure skin still has full effect. When your tank gets hit with that move, have the WHM drop a Cure IV and then cycle Cure III's until it wears off.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-12-22 10:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Just because it visually looks like a breathe attack doesn't make it a breathe attack.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-22 12:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

weakness forcing dd's to back off could be seriously damaging to finishing on time.
Time was so tight for us that we could not afford to have the DDs run out during Lahar. The Matamata pets honestly felt less threatening than in V20. So everyone stays in and does what little DPS they can despite being Weakened. Lahar can be spammed, so running back and forth in and out with Regen from two pets active is going to seriously hamper your damage output during the time period in which it matters most. As WHM, I felt I had no issue healing through Lahar. By the end of the fight, I was basically just spamming Curagas to ensure people did not fall into (more) dangerous HP thresholds.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-12-22 12:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Did they get caught out in a SIRD set or something?

That happened to me, he hit me for 2400 but I was in SIRD. When I started full timing Sakpata and ditching FC/SIRD, he barely touched me even w/o Aegis on. The damage was definitely higher but not enough to justify using Aegis IMO, especially if you consider you will be losing physical defense buffs for Tail Thwack and hits, blocking those keeps your HP higher while curse is on.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-12-22 13:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
weakness forcing dd's to back off could be seriously damaging to finishing on time.
Time was so tight for us that we could not afford to have the DDs run out during Lahar. The Matamata pets honestly felt less threatening than in V20. So everyone stays in and does what little DPS they can despite being Weakened. Lahar can be spammed, so running back and forth in and out with Regen from two pets active is going to seriously hamper your damage output during the time period in which it matters most. As WHM, I felt I had no issue healing through Lahar. By the end of the fight, I was basically just spamming Curagas to ensure people did not fall into (more) dangerous HP thresholds.

The problem I have isn't with a healer being able to keep up, it's 3 enemies with aoe basic attacks lining up and oneshotting people. I understand slow/para/Elegy assist with this, but it just seemed like a bad idea to me, it's cool that groups made it through its just hard for me to understand if it was entirely luck based or not especially while weakened.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-22 13:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of these fights in one phone are coming down to luck based. They do the wrong move or aura and you lose. It's really just that simple. We did a Xevioso25 where the Dancer lost, of all of his buffs, Scherzo. Next Apotheosis attack killed him. We've also done three straight Kalunga 25s where Debilitating Spout was the very first move used, basically ending the run. That's just the game putting it's hand in the RNG bucket and pulling out the correct card to win.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 238 239 240