Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-10-26 18:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
We tried with RDM but Stymie Sab Frazzle III didn't make any difference, and the BRD's SV Earth Threnody is stronger and the COR's reset will let them land it again when it wears off. BRD can also cap haste and give MP regen with ballads so the RDM is really only doing Cure IV add messing up the BLM's damage when Rayke isn't up.

Good info, thanks. Was interested in whether Frazzle III was meaningful, Refresh III on everyone who needs it, and maybe some additional RDM nukes (though, resist wall yeah...).

Also prob wasn't giving Threnody quite enough credit for how strong it is on this fight, so yeah BRD feels nearly mandatory too.

Sucks to see such limited flexibility on this fight, feels like a practical necessity to run it with RUN BLM SCH BRD COR GEO and it's a real pain if your 6 person group doesn't quite have the right mix of players/jobs. That's why I was interested in similar strategy with some changes to incorporate jobs like RDM or PUP, but guess that's probably a no go on Veng 10/15. We're pretty much locked into using the one player with the best BLM on that job, another locked on SCH (the only player besides the person who's on BLM who has a well geared SCH), one who's RUN simply because that's the only one of the other "required" jobs he has, etc...

Couple additional questions on Ongo tactics:

1. For Random Deal/Wild Card resets and party positioning... how are you handling that, have the COR and SCH both run in to be in range of the RUN? I assume the SCH really wants the resets too for extra stratagems/Tabula Rasa chance. And hell, everyone else gets some benefits from WC or RD too: BLM for Subtle Sorcery, BRD for Nitro to keep Threnody up, GEO for a Bolster or Dematerialize or Entrust... So is it more a setup of:
[Ongo] -- [RUN] -- [WHOLE PARTY] where everyone moves in for RD/WC and then back up a bit to avoid AoE once the JA is used?

2. Is SCH Regen V + maybe a Paeon + Vivacious Pulse in a pinch (prob want to avoid it for less JAs on cooldown before Random Deal though) generally sufficient for RUN healing support on R15? SCH is obviously kinda busy in this fight, not sure how often you may need a spot cure on the tank.

3. Who (besides the BLM) nukes? Obviously the resist wall is a thing, but how much SCH GEO contribution to MBs are you finding to be worthwhile? If just letting the BLM do their thing, do you add an extra nuker to help deal with fetter procs?

SimonSes said: »
Btw as BRD I dont use Nitro when singing songs before engage. I just do 5 songs with SV and Clarion, then after engage I do NITRO marcato Earth Threnody II on Ongo and then I overwrite songs on everyone with long duration ones. I do it because SV Threnody II is really a powerful debuff (up to -410 magic evasion, which is by far the single most powerful meva debuff in game) that helps a ton with magic accuracy and 5/5 Troubadour makes it land always and with Marcato/Clarion/Troubadour it will be up for more than half of the fight (sometimes whole fight if you get lucky with Rayke/Gambit resets).

That sounds like a good tip if people are buffing then running in. Though to further optimize, I kinda feel like this is a fight where you want to just engage ASAP and deal with songs/rolls while the party starts fighting. Every second counts, and your backline shouldn't need those Ballads urgently from the moment you engage. So maybe just be sure tank has Pro/Shell/Regen V and then get started immediately. BRD go with SV Threnody first song since it's the most impactful, then add INT > March > dummy songs > Ballads. COR go with Wizard's Roll immediately, then get Warlock's up ASAP even if it's slightly after the fighting begins.

The little bit of time saved at the start might even allow for one extra Rayke/Gambit by the end of the fight.

1. We tried having the RUN move towards the party for RD/WC, but that gets risky, conal TP moves can drop the mages and then you're just wiping. Easier to have everyone else move in and stay behind Ongo to get RD/WC. So Generally |WALL|>RUN -> Ongo -> COR -> Everyone Else

2. Regen is generally all that's needed, don't even need Paeon. When Embrava is up obviously that's good too, but our RUN is never really as risk of dying with just Regen V up.

3. We've generally just had SCH and BLM nuke, it might be better to keep it BLM and GEO though. Our previous GEO was lazy, and always complained his nukes weren't good enough so we just had the SCH nuke. You'll want Helix from the SCH anyways. When Rayke/Gambit are going obviously everyone should be nuking as much as possible.

In terms of what Simon mentioned about songs, afaik Marcato and SV don't stack, so it's a useless JA when SV is up. Everyone will have their own way to do songs/rolls/etc and there's really no wrong way to do it (aside from being slow). Personally we get like 90% of buffs up and then BRD pops everything, throws songs on everyone and we engage immediately after. Usually still have like 20-30s of Nitro left, more than enough time to stick Threnody or w/e else. We generally try and keep our buff time <60s for any fight we're doing, but that doesn't always pan out. Even if buffs take a little longer we never really have time issues.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-26 19:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1. For Random Deal/Wild Card resets and party positioning... how are you handling that, have the COR and SCH both run in to be in range of the RUN

EVERYONE runs in range for JA resets, so the best time to use the initial random deal is immediately after he uses Elemental Sforzo (since you wont be doing any damage then). Mages and cor run in --> random deal --> mages and cor run out. Time it around his abilities so people don't get hit by an aoe if possible. Wild card and the second random deal follow the same pattern. Everyone in, then everyone out. If you can get more subtle sorcery, bolster, and SV resets on your mages you really really want them. Every little bit of damage matters. It's a brutally rough fight if the JA resets go poorly. Not because he's likely to kill you.... he just stands there like a brick wall soaking up damage and you time out.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-10-26 19:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bopo and I run in the same group, and we're the SCH+BLM for this fight for us. Its at the same time incredibly satisfying to have a fight of this style that requires so much, but also incredibly frustrating for all the reasons already mentioned.

We also desperately wanted to try various ways away from such a restrictive setup, but trying to change the jobs became more about "what can we give up" vs "what change helps us", because you start breaking down the needs for that fight, and you just start running out things to give up. I really wanted to find a way to get a RDM in the mix early on, but the more we tried it, we realized that meant likely giving up the BRD or GEO...and due to the rules we must follow when Rayke/Gambit are down, even a perfect nuking RDM just can't be fully functional without hurting the BLM's numbers. As a result, we finally broke down and opted for a strat of trying to maximize a few people rather than add numbers to our offensive forces.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-26 19:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The fight is just freakin stupid because Rune, Blm, Brd, Geo and Cor are all practically mandatory. That only leaves 1 final spot, and you still need to create the skillchain. So that slot goes to either a scholar or a ranger. Sure you can give up bard or geo or w/e for a red mage, but in the end it's just going to make it harder to win an already uphill battle on a GOOD day. There is almost zero flexibility because on veng 15 the barrier to land nukes is set so stupidly high there is no other way around his resistance. Sure it CAN be beaten, but the way s-e went about designing him leaves a lot to be desired.

None of the other Tier 3's are set up like this. Sure Mboze can just wipe your group with Timbeeer, and ngai can get lucky with protholithic puncture, and xevioso can do some dumb things with timing his aura to go up right after perfect dodge or dispel your scherzo so incisive denouncement becomes an otk.... but in all of those cases you at least have a sense of agency that your play matters and that if none of those things happen you know you can kill the thing. Against ongo you feel powerless because he doesn't kill YOU, he just makes it so you can't kill HIM. That's a completely different type of obstacle, and it's incredibly frustrating to deal with.
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-10-26 23:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The fight is just freakin stupid because Rune, Blm, Brd, Geo and Cor are all practically mandatory. That only leaves 1 final spot, and you still need to create the skillchain. So that slot goes to either a scholar or a ranger. Sure you can give up bard or geo or w/e for a red mage, but in the end it's just going to make it harder to win an already uphill battle on a GOOD day. There is almost zero flexibility because on veng 15 the barrier to land nukes is set so stupidly high there is no other way around his resistance. Sure it CAN be beaten, but the way s-e went about designing him leaves a lot to be desired.

None of the other Tier 3's are set up like this. Sure Mboze can just wipe your group with Timbeeer, and ngai can get lucky with protholithic puncture, and xevioso can do some dumb things with timing his aura to go up right after perfect dodge or dispel your scherzo so incisive denouncement becomes an otk.... but in all of those cases you at least have a sense of agency that your play matters and that if none of those things happen you know you can kill the thing. Against ongo you feel powerless because he doesn't kill YOU, he just makes it so you can't kill HIM. That's a completely different type of obstacle, and it's incredibly frustrating to deal with.

So... With the expanding aura and multiple magic bursts on a single skillchain I would argue that the brd is less important than scholar, scholar and blm are your biggest nukers in the game (geo to an extent too) but sch is vital to the fight.
By Guyford 2021-10-27 00:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH gives you double earth weather, helix, scs, embrava, and an extra nuker. You really can't beat that with just threnody and some ballads/int songs and a march.

I'm pretty sure this fight could be done with just blm sch cor run as long as you don't run into macc down aura. Time would be tight tho and would be dependent on your RDs actually hitting rayke each time.

Toss whatever support you want ontop (RDM GEO BRD) or even NIN or BLU helping extend the sc and nuking some during rayke and you'll be fine.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-27 01:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither Ninja nor Blue Mage can make even a scratch of damage on Ongo 15 with Max buffs, nor is it safe for them to be in range creating skillchains since AOE is threatening and healing support is minimal. The only job you could argue is worth a skillchains slot is samurai if you could somehow keep it alive. Anyways, the setup is strict and way too hard for your average player to ever complete.

I mentioned it a page ago, they probably wanted to make a fight where you couldn't abuse magical WS so they went overboard and the only job who can even make a dent in it is black mage with a ton of support. There's no other viable strategy for killing this guy within the time limit. The way others have described it is how I got my few V15 wins. Fun and challenging fight if you have a good solid group with all of the jobs, extremely frustrating if you do not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-27 01:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw as BRD I dont use Nitro when singing songs before engage. I just do 5 songs with SV and Clarion, then after engage I do NITRO marcato Earth Threnody II on Ongo and then I overwrite songs on everyone with long duration ones. I do it because SV Threnody II is really a powerful debuff (up to -410 magic evasion, which is by far the single most powerful meva debuff in game) that helps a ton with magic accuracy and 5/5 Troubadour makes it land always and with Marcato/Clarion/Troubadour it will be up for more than half of the fight (sometimes whole fight if you get lucky with Rayke/Gambit resets).

Marcato and Soul Voice do not stack
By SimonSes 2021-10-27 01:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Marcato and Soul Voice do not stack

Potency doesn't, but I meant +20sec duration from JP on Marcato.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-27 01:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm are you sure those job points from marcato work with Soul Voice active? I thought SV ignored the Marcato buff and you only get those extra seconds if marcato is used independently.
By SimonSes 2021-10-27 01:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm are you sure those job points from marcato work with Soul Voice active? I thought SV ignored the Marcato buff and you only get those extra seconds if marcato is used independently.

I just tried and you are right, it ignores JP too. Thx! Tho I think that's a bug. It should work like Rolls where potency doesn't add, but duration does, but I guess spaghetti code again.
By Guyford 2021-10-27 01:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither Ninja nor Blue Mage can make even a scratch of damage on Ongo 15 with Max buffs, nor is it safe for them to be in range creating skillchains since AOE is threatening and healing support is minimal. The only job you could argue is worth a skillchains slot is samurai if you could somehow keep it alive. Anyways, the setup is strict and way too hard for your average player to ever complete.

I mentioned it a page ago, they probably wanted to make a fight where you couldn't abuse magical WS so they went overboard and the only job who can even make a dent in it is black mage with a ton of support. There's no other viable strategy for killing this guy within the time limit. The way others have described it is how I got my few V15 wins. Fun and challenging fight if you have a good solid group with all of the jobs, extremely frustrating if you do not.

We've been using a THF to extend sc and its only died once in 4 runs while aura was up.
By SimonSes 2021-10-27 04:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not gonna quote all people. I will just write it in points.

1. It's not true that you can't SC with someone in melee range. I know for a fact that people successfully use RDM to melee and skillchain with COR
Balduran said:
Empyreal Arrow > Leaden Salute (Gravitation) > Chant du Cygne (Darkness) > Wildfire (Darkness [lvl.4]
Keep in mind RDM puts a heavy debuffs at Ongo and if you stay in Malignance and not in front of Ongo, then you are completely safe there. Debbufs + RDM being able to cure on top of RegenV is enough (EDIT: or you can use WHM + BRD instead of SCH and GEO, since you have skillchain covered and RDM can nuke after CDC too).
2. Putting 5 SV songs before engage takes like 30 seconds. It wont break your run.
3. SV Lightning Carol II is very useful on this fight for RUN, since it nullify 40% of lightning damage, which helps RUN not to be at risk of needing a cure
4. Since we optimized this fight and (mostly timing od RD, WC, when to Tabula and when to self SC on COR etc) we cleared several Ongos in a row and we usually have several minutes of spare time. Our best time was within duration of first Threnody and we even had like 1min+ remaining when cleared one with Magic Accuracy down aura.
5. I dont think SCH is required for this fight, but its probably optimal.
6. This one I will quote
Guyford said: »
SCH gives you double earth weather, helix, scs, embrava, and an extra nuker. You really can't beat that with just threnody and some ballads/int songs and a march.
SCH might be more useful, but imo only if you can get refresh and haste from elsewhere. Stoneja and Stone VI are huge spells for this fight and you want to have capped magic haste for recasts. You want to squeeze as much damage during Rayke as possible. Also I wouldn't discount -400 magic evasion, +78INT, capped haste and 42tic refresh on mages, tons of accuracy on COR and +100 lightning meva, 40% lightning nullification and 34 additional regen on RUN that easily.
7. Im not so sure that NIN couldn't "make even a scratch of damage on Ongo 15 with Max buffs". NIN doesnt care about nuke wall, which alone is a huge thing. Im not trying to say NIN is in any way optimal, but I can see it could work.
8. I think the absoulte core is RUN BLM COR, then imo most optimal is SCH and BRD. 6th can be many jobs really imo, but I can easily see SCH not being use, if you can provide enough healing and other way to skillchain and maybe support nuke, so for example RDM+BLU+NINorGEO, or just use WHM + BRD + melee that can self SC (possibly nin who can easily selfSC and add 2 nukes on his own).
By Vaerix 2021-10-27 12:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SCh might be more useful, but imo only if you can get refresh and haste from elsewhere. Stoneja and Stone VI are huge spells for this fight and you want to have capped magic haste for recasts. You want to squeeze as much damage during Rayke as possible. Also I would discount -400 magic evasion, +78INT, capped haste and 42tic refresh on mages, tons of accuracy on COR and +100 lightning meva, 40% lightning nullification and 34 additional regen on RUN that easily.
own).

While I did throw accuracy songs on the cor to make sure there was no issues to tp/sniper shot, Rune is pretty much a wall in this fight and could probably self-maintain, outside of aura pretty easily, Ongo isn't particularly dangerous with correct runes, a good phalanx and good dt set. Regen alone does a ton of work for this fight.
By SimonSes 2021-10-27 12:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

SCh might be more useful, but imo only if you can get refresh and haste from elsewhere. Stoneja and Stone VI are huge spells for this fight and you want to have capped magic haste for recasts. You want to squeeze as much damage during Rayke as possible. Also I wouldn't discount -400 magic evasion, +78INT, capped haste and 42tic refresh on mages, tons of accuracy on COR and +100 lightning meva, 40% lightning nullification and 34 additional regen on RUN that easily.
own).

While I did throw accuracy songs on the cor to make sure there was no issues to tp/sniper shot, Rune is pretty much a wall in this fight and could probably self-maintain, outside of aura pretty easily, Ongo isn't particularly dangerous with correct runes, a good phalanx and good dt set. Regen alone does a ton of work for this fight.

I know it's not often, but in like 10 runs our run went down to red few times and sch needed to emergency cure. It also kinda depends on what you use. I bet if you use RDM for example to melee and skillchain and drop SCH then you will have more tp moves and more damage to deal with.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-27 15:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

2. Putting 5 SV songs before engage takes like 30 seconds. It wont break your run.

But why wait? Buffing once the party is actually in position to fight is an easy way to shave some valuable seconds off your run, with no significant downside. This isn't a fight where you have to have melees fully buffed to zerg the instant a mob pops or something.

Those extra seconds MIGHT be make or break for some runs (you really think nobody ever timed out at single digit mob HP?) - certainly not inconceivable to have some bad luck with resists, meva aura, bad luck with lucky/XI COR rolls, etc. And believe it or not, groups exist that may not have as high quality gear or skill as your obviously well practiced team. That might be just enough extra buffer for them to get a clear versus timing out.

And realistically, it is gonna take most people more than 30 seconds to fully buff. More like somewhere between 30-60 seconds, when you're casting 10+ songs and using several JAs:
1. Threnody on mob
2-4. 3 full strength buffs on backline (INT etude and Marches as your first priority?)
5-6. 2 dummy songs
7-8. 2 last real songs (Ballads?)
9-??. Any Pianissimo stuff (like carols, marches, paeons on your tank) - which you'd want Nitro duration on, and can absolutely be applied from a distance during the fight but you'd lose Nitro by buffing the mages and THEN running up, then singing Pianissimo songs on the RUN.

Also gotta consider JA delay on each of SV, CC, Nightingale, Troubadour, Pianissimo, Marcato (if you're using it during initial SV buffs), etc... And maybe the BRD isn't an absolute robot hitting every song exactly when spell recast delay is up, instantly targeting the RUN after Pianissimo with zero lag, etc. And consider that your inventory doesn't even load in for a while upon zone, and I don't love singing and realizing my F'ing Nitro duration pieces didn't swap in because of that. But hey, it's all good by the time you get up the ramp to the fight.

Anyway, let's say maybe 45 seconds as a more realistic singing time. That's 5% of the 15:00 fight timer. You don't want an extra 5% on the clock to start doing some damage? I do.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-27 15:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So... With the expanding aura and multiple magic bursts on a single skillchain I would argue that the brd is less important than scholar, scholar and blm are your biggest nukers in the game (geo to an extent too) but sch is vital to the fight.

Without BRD your non-Rayke nukes are going to get resisted into the dirt, along with recasts being too long and MP eventually running thin. We tried switching out the BRD for RDM and the result was worse, BRD buffs + SV / Marcato (after SV wears) Elegy are just too good for sustained DPS on what is a really tight DPS race.

The entire first half of the fight is reseting Rayke over and over again while chaining non-stop with TR and bursting with Subtle Sorcery. Those wear out within a few minutes leaving you to have to slowly ship away at it's remaining HP and race the clock. The more you can do during that first burst phase the less you need to chip away at afterwards.

The most "disposable" member is actually the GEO because Malaise is nerfed into the floor and we already have a ton of MAB. So if you must get rid of someone, then the GEO is disposable, but there isn't anything else as useful to put in it's place. As for nuking, neither the SCH nor the GEO should be nuking during the chain, they are just inflicting negative DPS by nerfing the BLM's chains of Stoneja / Stone VI / Stone V. The exception would be the SCH landing a solid Helix II when appropriate.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-27 15:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So question, has anyone attempted to have buffed sword users with decent Requiescat sets? We've been mulling it over but never had the chance to see if Requiescat's funky nature will let us bypass Ongo's silliness?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-27 15:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The most "disposable" member is actually the GEO because Malaise is nerfed into the floor and we already have a ton of MAB.

Can you clarify this for me - do you mean just that the MDB- from Malaise isn't very helpful due to Ongo's particularly quirky mechanics?

Gaol doesn't have the straight up GEO nerfs that Sheol A/B/C do, right?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-10-27 15:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And consider that your inventory doesn't even load in for a while upon zone, and I don't love singing and realizing my F'ing Nitro duration pieces didn't swap in because of that. But hey, it's all good by the time you get up the ramp to the fight.

Anyway, let's say maybe 45 seconds as a more realistic singing time. That's 5% of the 15:00 fight timer. You don't want an extra 5% on the clock to start doing some damage? I do.

This exact reason (the gear not loading) is why we always run up the stairs about 75% before buffing, gives gear time to load, and then we're a couple steps away from engaging as soon as buffs are done.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-10-27 15:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So question, has anyone attempted to have buffed sword users with decent Requiescat sets? We've been mulling it over but never had the chance to see if Requiescat's funky nature will let us bypass Ongo's silliness?

Tried Requiescat, does terrible damage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-10-27 15:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The most "disposable" member is actually the GEO because Malaise is nerfed into the floor and we already have a ton of MAB.

Can you clarify this for me - do you mean just that the MDB- from Malaise isn't very helpful due to Ongo's particularly quirky mechanics?

Gaol does have GEO nerfs, however personally we've found Malaise extremely helpful, there was quite the noticeable damage difference with it up.

I should have done all these in one message sorry! lol
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-10-27 16:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo-Malaise is nerfed 75% on v15, which means with bolster you get a 50% effect. So very useful.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-27 16:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know what you're talking about. ABC have no Geomancy nerf at all from what I am aware of. You have it backwards. Gaol has the Geomancy cut, not Sheols.

FWIW, I think Geriond tested some of the Malaise values on Ongo some time back and showed that Malaise, even with the proposed -75%(?) nerf, was still useful.

Edit: Wotasu beat me there, but yeah. You should definitely be using Malaise. GEO is not "disposable" for Ongo.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-10-27 16:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I saw testing about Geo nerf in C on NM's Agon mobs and Mimic to 100%. Normal Nostos no nerf.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41358/bubble-trouble-a-geomancer-guide/67/#3583362
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-27 16:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know what you're talking about. ABC have no Geomancy nerf at all from what I am aware of. You have it backwards. Gaol has the Geomancy cut, not Sheols.

I don't know how accurate it is, but the BG Odyssey page has talked about nerfs for Indi- spells on NMs (not normal Nostos) in Sheol ABC for a while now:

Quote:
Unique Sheol A Adjustments
Notorious Monsters (including Mimics):
Offensive Indicolure effects are reduced by: -75%
Quote:
Unique Sheol B Adjustments
Offensive Indicolure effects are reduced by: -85%
Quote:
Unique Sheol C Adjustments
Offensive Indicolure effects are reduced by: -95%

So, doesn't really shock me to hear Gaol has some reductions too - but I didn't know what they are, whether they're Indi- only or also apply to Geo- spells, etc. Maybe somewhere in the 150+ pages of this topic, but it's not really clearly explained in the usual wiki places (no mention at all on the same BG page for Odyssey in the Gaol section).
By Guyford 2021-10-27 16:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Without BRD your non-Rayke nukes are going to get resisted into the dirt, along with recasts being too long and MP eventually running thin. We tried switching out the BRD for RDM and the result was worse, BRD buffs + SV / Marcato (after SV wears) Elegy are just too good for sustained DPS on what is a really tight DPS race.

The entire first half of the fight is reseting Rayke over and over again while chaining non-stop with TR and bursting with Subtle Sorcery. Those wear out within a few minutes leaving you to have to slowly ship away at it's remaining HP and race the clock. The more you can do during that first burst phase the less you need to chip away at afterwards.

The most "disposable" member is actually the GEO because Malaise is nerfed into the floor and we already have a ton of MAB. So if you must get rid of someone, then the GEO is disposable, but there isn't anything else as useful to put in it's place. As for nuking, neither the SCH nor the GEO should be nuking during the chain, they are just inflicting negative DPS by nerfing the BLM's chains of Stoneja / Stone VI / Stone V. The exception would be the SCH landing a solid Helix II when appropriate.

RDM versus BRD recast are gonna be the same whether its a march or haste 2 and embrava. Sure, by the time embrava wears your gonna be missing 13.75 haste but its basically dead at that point.

You've mentioned subtle sorcery in early posts too and I don't understand why. Do you mean Manafont? Do you not have a capped fast cast set? Hate has never been any kind of issue and even if you did pull hate you have douse.

We don't use malaise, geo-INT for the extra 78-90 INT and indi focus but either way could work.

Everyone should nuke during rayke.

All that being said, BRD probably is a little better, but I don't think it makes that much of a difference over RDM.

On another note, Geo debuffs are also nerfed in sheols to my knowledge.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-10-27 17:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »

RDM versus BRD recast are gonna be the same whether its a march or haste 2 and embrava. Sure, by the time embrava wears your gonna be missing 13.75 haste but its basically dead at that point.

You've mentioned subtle sorcery in early posts too and I don't understand why. Do you mean Manafont? Do you not have a capped fast cast set? Hate has never been any kind of issue and even if you did pull hate you have douse.

We don't use malaise, geo-INT for the extra 78-90 INT and indi focus but either way could work.

Everyone should nuke during rayke.

All that being said, BRD probably is a little better, but I don't think it makes that much of a difference over RDM.

On another note, Geo debuffs are also nerfed in sheols to my knowledge.

Subtle Sorcery also cuts mobs resistance meaning unresisted (or less resisted) nukes, not using it for the enmity-. We use it inbetween 1st and 2nd Rayke usually to try and get it back with Wild Card
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-27 17:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ongo only has ~100 MDB (very, very low for ilvl NMs), which means even at -75% for V15, Malaise is quite potent.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-27 18:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Ongo only has ~100 MDB (very, very low for ilvl NMs), which means even at -75% for V15, Malaise is quite potent.

It's not -75%, it's over 90% reduction at V15 making most debuff Geomancy worthless (I think it's actually 95% but might be worse).
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 238 239 240