First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 237 238 239
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-09-22 09:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
So, my group attempted to cheese RP on Kalunga with BST Purulent Ooze once with no success. While others reported having been able to stick Ooze on T3 NMs, I was unsuccessful in our attempt. With Agwu's Axe, 4/5 Nyame, Gleti's Feet, and standard pet macc accessories, every Purulent Ooze was resisted, through the entire duration of Unleash. Katezina has just uploaded a video of herself doing exactly what we were trying to do, using very similar gear to what I was wearing, but she lands Purulent within a handful of tries. My kana skills are enough to get the gist of what she's saying and is going on in the chatlog, but I'm not seeing her do anything special here to get Purulent to land. And insight on what I am missing?
YouTube Video Placeholder

Run wild is rumoured/hoped? to give m.acc. Familiar gives more stats. Tandem Strike, so make sure you’re engaged. Rollandberry daifuku, or whatever the pet: m.acc is called.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-09-26 00:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Where it’s dirt along the edges enemies will line up. Anywhere on the dark black/purple floor they will spread out and surround you.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-09-26 11:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Asura.Hya said: »
So, my group attempted to cheese RP on Kalunga with BST Purulent Ooze once with no success. While others reported having been able to stick Ooze on T3 NMs, I was unsuccessful in our attempt. With Agwu's Axe, 4/5 Nyame, Gleti's Feet, and standard pet macc accessories, every Purulent Ooze was resisted, through the entire duration of Unleash. Katezina has just uploaded a video of herself doing exactly what we were trying to do, using very similar gear to what I was wearing, but she lands Purulent within a handful of tries. My kana skills are enough to get the gist of what she's saying and is going on in the chatlog, but I'm not seeing her do anything special here to get Purulent to land. And insight on what I am missing?
YouTube Video Placeholder

Run wild is rumoured/hoped? to give m.acc. Familiar gives more stats. Tandem Strike, so make sure you’re engaged. Rollandberry daifuku, or whatever the pet: m.acc is called.

Thank you for this video - this is the first time I have seen Purulent Ooze land on a T3 NM - I had just assumed SE put a hard resist 100% for these NMs.

Question about your attempt - did you Familiar, and also engage and hit the NM at least once (and remain in attack stance) to trigger the Tandem Strike effect, which boosts pet m.acc. The bg-wiki page says the boost is 50 - but it is not clear if that is also the identical value for the pet m.acc boost, maybe it is more significant for the pet?

Edit - Ignore last question - it was confirmed already that is is 50 m.acc for pet.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-26 17:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Anyone got a note of the spots on each floor of C that are used for mass pulling with Ochain to force blocks? Looking to get into it.

Asura.Nuance said: »
Where it’s dirt along the edges enemies will line up. Anywhere on the dark black/purple floor they will spread out and surround you.

More specifically, all mobs use the same pathing algorithm. If you stand with a wall/cliff/edge of zone/etc to your right and mobs in front of you, then back up slowly along the wall, they'll line up perfectly. If the wall is to your left, they will not.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-09-26 17:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue in Sheol specifically is that not all 'walls' are created equal. The ones with a low stone railing are impassable to players... but not to mobs. So they path like you aren't actually next to a wall. Same BS as reisenjima tree lines that mobs walk right through.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-10-15 18:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I did an off meta run due to me not having DRG on Bumba and use ooze on him after I killed him I got more than expect RP, I got Ooze off about 79% (due to me *** up) Not sure if this is expected behaviour or posted before, but was a shock to me.

Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-10-15 18:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
So I did an off meta run due to me not having DRG on Bumba and use ooze on him after I killed him I got more than expect RP, I got Ooze off about 79% (due to me *** up) Not sure if this is expected behaviour or posted before, but was a shock to me.

This is normal behavior when you adjust the max HP of an NM.
[+]
By Bazing 2021-10-15 19:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »

Y u no spend RP?
By SimonSes 2021-10-16 09:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You will get RP every time you reach 95%,90%,85%,80%,...,5% of NMs HP (I think it's 9.8RP per each threshold at V15, then for reaching 0% you get last 9.8RP and x2 everything). If NM will ever get healed to above those threshold after you reach them, you can reach them again. To get more RP with Ooze, you need to use it below 94%. If you use it earlier you wont get bonus RP. This is because Ooze reduce max HP by 10%

Lets say mob has 1M HP
Ooze reduce it to 900k

If you push mob to 94%HP (940k/1M), you can use Ooze to get it back to 100%HP (900k/900k). Which will let you hit 95% threshold second time, when max HP down effect is active. It's much better to use it at 89%HP tho, because that will put it back to 890k/900k, so around 98%HP, which will let you hit both 95% and 90% thresholds twice. You can also do it several times per fight. Just notice its gonna be harder and harder the lower the HP of NM is, because while changing max hp from 1M to 900k will boost % HP a lot at higher values (earlier mentioned 890k will change from 89%HP to 98%HP jumping over 2 thresholds), it wont be as effective at lower values (99k/1M to 99k/900k would only change from 9.9%HP to 11%HP, which would barely allow to jump one threshold if done super optimally).

This tactic is kinda pointless anyway, because bonus RP you can get this way is super marginal compered to what you gain with amplifiers, especially boosted ones.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-18 21:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So, uh, the Odyssey LoneKent Guide for V15 Clears thread somehow was deleted? Not sure what's up with that. Archive.org never crawled it, but you can save a local copy of it via Google's cache for now.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hMvPxsVJVFgJ:https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56069/odyssey-lonekent-guide-for-v15-clears/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-10-18 23:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

LoneKent Guide was pasted on the official forum today. so you won't have to do that unless SE feels like nuking the thread.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-19 05:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

All it takes is for OP to delete their post there too for... some random *** reason.

I can't imagine the reason behind moving it to the Official Forums of all places. The only place worse for it would be r/ffxi.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-10-19 05:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I just noticed description for Raskovniche V15 in that guide:

We kill it as 2nd NM with
PLD PUP WAR DRK WHM SMN

without any special tactic.
PLD tank
PUP dual setup with KKK, Overdrive and back out on master at low HP to make things easier for WHM and PLD
WAR Savage for damage and Armor Break for def down
DRK just Torcleaver spam
WHM cures and -na
SMN HastegaII, Crystal, Warcry etc. and I think our SMN was using Garuda for Wind Blade (he melee for AM3 with Nirvana and let Garuda melee too for TP to boost Wind Blade)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-25 17:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this has been discussed, but without looking back through 155 pages...

How viable do people feel a PUP tank is on Ongo at higher vengeance levels? A decent PUP should have zero issue surviving or holding hate off nukers (and freeing up another party spot, not requiring heals from a SCH who's busy with SCs/nukes, etc.). But, is losing Rayke/Gambit from a RUN a dealbreaker for the race against the clock? I'm thinking something like PUP SCH BLM GEO BRD COR.

Or if fitting a PUP into the fight, maybe better to go with a RUN tank and employ a nuking PUP for some additional magic damage? Though, not having experience with it myself IDK whether you can force Stone Vs, or if it will default to Thunder (really big boo) or Blizzard or something... EDIT: A little unclear from some commentary about nuking puppets in the PUP thread, but in any case you're probably only getting 1 nuke per SC from a puppet even if you can reliably force Stone V

Interested in any opinions from people who may have some positive experience with an Ongo setup they like including a PUP, thanks!
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-10-25 17:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

How viable do people feel a PUP tank is on Ongo at higher vengeance levels? A decent PUP should have zero issue surviving or holding hate off nukers (and freeing up another party spot, not requiring heals from a SCH who's busy with SCs/nukes, etc.). But, is losing Rayke/Gambit from a RUN a dealbreaker for the race against the clock? I'm thinking something like PUP SCH BLM GEO BRD COR.

Or if fitting a PUP into the fight, maybe better to go with a RUN tank and employ a nuking PUP for some additional magic damage? Though, not having experience with it myself IDK whether you can force Stone Vs, or if it will default to Thunder (really big boo) or Blizzard or something...

Interested in any opinions from people who may have some positive experience with an Ongo setup they like including a PUP, thanks!

From my experience with Ongo, without RUN you'd never kill it in time.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-25 17:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

Yeah this is kinda what I expect. But if anyone has had a different experience, I'd be interested to know about it!

BTW, what exactly is the typical meta setup for Ongo V15? I'm guessing RUN RDM BLM SCH GEO COR? And maybe the most flexibility I can see being fitting in a BRD (in place of COR perhaps?) for Ballads/March/INT etude?
By SimonSes 2021-10-25 20:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this is kinda what I expect. But if anyone has had a different experience, I'd be interested to know about it!

BTW, what exactly is the typical meta setup for Ongo V15? I'm guessing RUN RDM BLM SCH GEO COR? And maybe the most flexibility I can see being fitting in a BRD (in place of COR perhaps?) for Ballads/March/INT etude?

We use BRD COR GEO BLM SCH RUN

Threnody is really noticeable. Especially the first one with SV doing -400 earth res. Then BRD adds 76-80 INT, capped haste and 42MP refresh. Also racc for COR to help him get TP to prolong Gravitation from SCH to Darkness. Then capped haste, Carol and possibly Paeon for RUN. I dont think RDM can offer anything to beat that.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-25 22:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Or if fitting a PUP into the fight, maybe better to go with a RUN tank and employ a nuking PUP for some additional magic damage? Though, not having experience with it myself IDK whether you can force Stone Vs, or if it will default to Thunder (really big boo) or Blizzard or something... EDIT: A little unclear from some commentary about nuking puppets in the PUP thread, but in any case you're probably only getting 1 nuke per SC from a puppet even if you can reliably force Stone V

Ongo V15 is either buffed or very poorly designed, it has some sort of mega resist BS that guarantee's all your nukes will do half to a quarter of their normal damage. Each Rayke rune takes off a tier from that resistance and 3x runes removes it entirely, making a RUN with a COR resetting Rayke a requirement for that fight. Subtle Sorcery also seems to remove the resist tiers but that's only 60s and requires a VI on Wild Card to reset, so isn't reliable to have twice.

So
RUN
COR
BLM
SCH

Likely want a BRD and GEO, also make sure that the BLM has Vidohunir or the SCH Shatter Soul for the -10MBD that seems to land reliably. Was pretty good for us as this bird doesn't seem to have much of any MBD, just that insane Resist crap.

We tried with RDM but Stymie Sab Frazzle III didn't make any difference, and the BRD's SV Earth Threnody is stronger and the COR's reset will let them land it again when it wears off. BRD can also cap haste and give MP regen with ballads so the RDM is really only doing Cure IV add messing up the BLM's damage when Rayke isn't up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-25 22:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ongo V15 is either buffed or very poorly designed

It's completely imbalanced in relation to the difficulty of other Atonement 3 bosses. There is practically no deviation from the set MB strategy/setup, maybe can switch out SCH for RNG and SC between the two shooters, but it's a hard damage wall to even get the clear. Average/Above Average teams will clear the other 5 (Mboze might be an issue, but dmg isnt it) with relative ease. I know people who have entirely skipped the clear and just went straight to RP their set because the fight is kind of dumb in terms of difficulty.

Almost feels like they purposely made Ongo V15 as a way to throw BLM a bone and require one for the fight, but they flubbed the damage resistance part to possibly account for people abusing magic ws.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2021-10-25 23:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You definitely don't want to lose the RUN, because landing as many good nukes as possible during Rayke and Subtle Sorcery is the key to cutting down the time for this fight. I'm no PUP expert, but I honestly don't think it's worth trying to fit one in the place of the other jobs.

If anyone is still having issues taking Ongo down within the given time frame, make sure the SCH, RUN, and COR are all involved in repeatedly making Gravitation-Darkness-Darkness SCs so the BLM always has opportunities to keep bursting.
By SimonSes 2021-10-26 00:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We were struggling with Ongo too, but recently after optimizing timing of everything, we killed it frequently without a problem sometimes with a lot of spare time. We even killed it with magic accuracy down aura, which we initially thought is impossible to overcome.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2021-10-26 01:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Threnody is really noticeable. Especially the first one with SV doing -400 earth res. Then BRD adds 76-80 INT, capped haste and 42MP refresh. Also racc for COR to help him get TP to prolong Gravitation from SCH to Darkness. Then capped haste, Carol and possibly Paeon for RUN. I dont think RDM can offer anything to beat that.
Question, how is COR extending the skillchain? There aren't any distortion marksmanship, dagger, or sword weaponskills that COR can use right? Or is there something I'm missing?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2021-10-26 02:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »

Question, how is COR extending the skillchain? There aren't any distortion marksmanship, dagger, or sword weaponskills that COR can use right? Or is there something I'm missing?

The SCH makes Gravitation, the RUN Steel Cyclones to extend that to Darkness, then the COR Wildfires to extend that to a second Darkness. That's a lot of time for good Stones/Stonejas from your BLM.
By SimonSes 2021-10-26 02:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN extends Gravitation to Darkness and COR to double Darkness with Wildfire.

RUN and COR sometimes do this alone (when SCH cooldowns are down), but then COR start with Gravitation and tries to finish with double darkness.

EDIT: Sorry I think I got confused. We are not doing it like that (the underlined part) even that's a good strategy, but require to switch to Ambu Gaxe. What we do is COR finishing darkness and tries double darkness from RUN's Ground Strike. GS > Wildfire > Wildfire. It requires Triple shot active ofc.

I give RUN SV Honor march and HV and preludes for COR for better accuracy.

Btw as BRD I dont use Nitro when singing songs before engage. I just do 5 songs with SV and Clarion, then after engage I do NITRO marcato Earth Threnody II on Ongo and then I overwrite songs on everyone with long duration ones. I do it because SV Threnody II is really a powerful debuff (up to -410 magic evasion, which is by far the single most powerful meva debuff in game) that helps a ton with magic accuracy and 5/5 Troubadour makes it land always and with Marcato/Clarion/Troubadour it will be up for more than half of the fight (sometimes whole fight if you get lucky with Rayke/Gambit resets).
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2021-10-26 03:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for input, I was just wondering if it was reasonable to involve the RUN in the skillchain. And it sounds like it is.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-10-26 03:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for input, I was just wondering if it was reasonable to involve the RUN in the skillchain. And it sounds like it is.

Yeah I feel like GS > WF > WF is less potent, since its not 4 step, but it's safer, because if RUN miss, he can just get tp and do it again. If it miss Steel Cyclone it ruins the whole skillchain in middle of it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-26 07:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But, is losing Rayke/Gambit from a RUN a dealbreaker for the race against the clock?

Yes, it absolutely is. You cannot kill Veng 15 Ongo without it. They are mandatory, and resetting them multiple times with random deal --> wild card --> random deal is also mandatory. The more Rayke/gambit uptime you can get the better. The damage difference on a skillchain with rayke/gambit is literally the difference between 15-25k magic bursts versus 50k-99k magic bursts. PUP can tank lower veng Ongos just fine I assume, but if you actually want to KILL Veng 15, there is no other option. You NEED a RUN tank. His -DT/resistance is just too high to overcome otherwise, and no amount of mage gearing can overcome that.

Quote:
Ongo V15 is either buffed or very poorly designed

It's completely imbalanced in relation to the difficulty of other Atonement 3 bosses.

This summs up my experiences with him as well. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but nuking veng 15 without rayke and gambit is just a nightmare.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-26 18:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
We tried with RDM but Stymie Sab Frazzle III didn't make any difference, and the BRD's SV Earth Threnody is stronger and the COR's reset will let them land it again when it wears off. BRD can also cap haste and give MP regen with ballads so the RDM is really only doing Cure IV add messing up the BLM's damage when Rayke isn't up.

Good info, thanks. Was interested in whether Frazzle III was meaningful, Refresh III on everyone who needs it, and maybe some additional RDM nukes (though, resist wall yeah...). Also prob wasn't giving Threnody quite enough credit for how strong it is on this fight, so yeah BRD feels nearly mandatory too.

Sucks to see such limited flexibility on this fight, feels like almost a practical necessity to run it with RUN BLM SCH BRD COR GEO and it's a real pain if your 6 person group doesn't quite have the right mix of players/jobs. That's why I was interested in similar strategy with some changes to incorporate jobs like RDM or PUP, but guess that's probably a no go on Veng 10/15. We're pretty much locked into using the one player with the best BLM on that job, another locked on SCH (the only player besides the person who's on BLM who has a well geared SCH), one who's RUN simply because that's the only one of the other "required" jobs he has, etc...

Couple additional questions on Ongo tactics:

1. For Random Deal/Wild Card resets and party positioning... how are you handling that, have the COR and SCH both run in to be in range of the RUN? I assume the SCH really wants the resets too for extra stratagems/Tabula Rasa chance. And hell, everyone else gets some benefits from WC or RD too: BLM for Subtle Sorcery, BRD for Nitro to keep Threnody up, GEO for a Bolster or Dematerialize or Entrust... So is it more a setup of:
[Ongo] -- [RUN] -- [WHOLE PARTY] where everyone moves in for RD/WC and then back up a bit to avoid AoE once the JA is used?

2. Is SCH Regen V + maybe a Paeon + Vivacious Pulse in a pinch (prob want to avoid it for less JAs on cooldown before Random Deal though) generally sufficient for RUN healing support on R15? SCH is obviously kinda busy in this fight, not sure how often you may need a spot cure on the tank.

3. Who (besides the BLM) nukes? Obviously the resist wall is a thing, but how much SCH GEO contribution to MBs are you finding to be worthwhile? If just letting the BLM do their thing, do you add an extra nuker to help deal with fetter procs?

Btw as BRD I dont use Nitro when singing songs before engage. I just do 5 songs with SV and Clarion, then after engage I do NITRO marcato Earth Threnody II on Ongo and then I overwrite songs on everyone with long duration ones. I do it because SV Threnody II is really a powerful debuff (up to -410 magic evasion, which is by far the single most powerful meva debuff in game) that helps a ton with magic accuracy and 5/5 Troubadour makes it land always and with Marcato/Clarion/Troubadour it will be up for more than half of the fight (sometimes whole fight if you get lucky with Rayke/Gambit resets).

That sounds like a good tip if people are buffing then running in. Though to further optimize, I kinda feel like this is a fight where you want to just engage ASAP and deal with songs/rolls while the party starts fighting. Every second counts, and your backline shouldn't need those Ballads urgently from the moment you engage. So maybe just be sure tank has Pro/Shell/Regen V and then get started immediately. BRD go with SV Threnody first song since it's the most impactful, then add sing your NiTro Etudes/Marches, then dummy songs, then close with Ballads. COR go with Wizard's Roll immediately, then get Warlock's up ASAP even if it's slightly after the fighting begins.

The little bit of time saved at the start might even allow for one extra Rayke/Gambit by the end of the fight.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-26 18:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is SCH Regen V + maybe a Paeon + Vivacious Pulse in a pinch (prob want to avoid it for less JAs on cooldown before Random Deal though) generally sufficient for RUN healing support on R15?
In my experience Regen 5 is enough, SCH can also embrava. Pulse being a back up if needed.

Also BRD sounds great but I personally have never cleared it with a BRD so its not needed per say. It does sound like a BRD would have made it easier.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 237 238 239