Best WS DD In The Game...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Best WS DD in the game...
Best WS DD in the game...
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-02-06 16:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

He got them to pull out the spreadsheets and ***lmao troll successful
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-06 16:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be keeping abreast of this thread from now until at least through the weekend.

See what I did there?
[+]
 Sylph.Sokku
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sokku 2020-02-06 16:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn’t a troll. War is *** and needs Ukkos returned to glory or upheaval needs to be reworked and needs a better animation. War is in the back of the pack and it has never been this way. Not sure why everyone is crying about bst and not warriors? No one even plays beast.
By Draylo 2020-02-06 16:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU needs more updates first, everyone else can wait
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-06 16:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Buff YGK and Rana.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 16:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
BLU needs more updates first, everyone else can wait

NO NINJA IS NEXT! And to answer OP, go NIN, while the rest of the DD are dying you'll be whiffing along like a champ! (I am kidding of course, ninja can acc)
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-02-06 16:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
DRK and Guillotine spam because that WS sound is so nostalgic.

GAwoosh! Woosh! Woosh!....WOOSH!
You forgot the sound of miss.
By Vilkas 2020-02-06 17:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sokku said: »
Wasn’t a troll. War is *** and needs Ukkos returned to glory or upheaval needs to be reworked and needs a better animation. War is in the back of the pack and it has never been this way. Not sure why everyone is crying about bst and not warriors? No one even plays beast.
Absolute rubbish. Maybe your WAR is "***" but WAR is still the best front line DD in the game. I'd wager you don't even need a chango to be the best. Raetic Algol +1 in escha or properly buffed in a short fight is probably enough to beat any other front line job in the game.
By stratton 2020-02-06 17:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn\War with Raetic Halbert +1 is the highest dps in the game, anyone says other wise, they are not your friend.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-06 17:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what the best WS is but this is a contender for best FFXI thread of all time !
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 17:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I don't know what the best WS is but this is a contender for best FFXI thread of all time !

Hardly, don't remember KillingIfrit do ya?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Odynson
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kensai98
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-02-06 19:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This one needs many many more memes
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-07 00:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Buff YGK and Rana.
rana really does. i hope they update all relic ws and most mythic ones
[+]
By Afania 2020-02-07 04:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
lets just say hypothetically you were getting 500+ tp per swing what would be best to spam is what i should have said sorry

So are you asking which ws has the highest avg at exactly 1000 TP?

Because every WS avg differently based on buffs/JA use/gears.

Magical ws like leaden salute can hit 99999 at 1000 TP repeatedly with bloster malaise and gambit, without the buff it's only a 30k ws.

Rudra storm can hit something like 60k+ if you stack DNC or THF JA but it's not nearly as strong without JAs at 1000 TP.

WAR and Sam both has SP that superbuffs WS but without SP(which is majority of situations) the ws avg isn't extremely high either.

Certain WS like SB rudra resolution torc expiacion also performs much better with TP bonus gear/buffs and mediocre without. So having TP bonus makes a huge difference.

If you don't outline exactly what buffs and gears you have and which JAs are available you will just see 1000 people arguing pointless things by creating many scenarios that favors certain DD.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-02-07 06:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »

That was actually a decent place back in the day. Had frequent conversations, even at the server-specific level.

Allakhazam, now that's a winner.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-07 09:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Naegling Cor.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-02-07 09:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 5 great dds in ffxi...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By volkom 2020-02-07 09:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Torcleaver DRK ftw
By Taint 2020-02-07 09:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
lets just say hypothetically you were getting 500+ tp per swing what would be best to spam is what i should have said sorry

Magical ws like leaden salute can hit 99999 at 1000 TP repeatedly with bloster malaise and gambit, without the buff it's only a 30k ws.

Rudra storm can hit something like 60k+ if you stack DNC or THF JA but it's not nearly as strong without JAs at 1000 TP.

WAR and Sam both has SP that superbuffs WS but without SP(which is majority of situations) the ws avg isn't extremely high either.

Certain WS like SB rudra resolution torc expiacion also performs much better with TP bonus gear/buffs and mediocre without. So having TP bonus makes a huge difference.

If you don't outline exactly what buffs and gears you have and which JAs are available you will just see 1000 people arguing pointless things by creating many scenarios that favors certain DD.

Rank15 Tizona with TPbonus offhand Would be a strong candidate at 1000tp.
By Afania 2020-02-07 10:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Rank15 Tizona with TPbonus offhand Would be a strong candidate at 1000tp.

Already mentioned it :)

Certain WS like SB rudra resolution torc expiacion also performs much better with TP bonus gear/buffs
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-07 10:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

here's a novel thought.

pick a job, LEARN it. Don't pay for your CP, get in a damn CP party and learn the basics. Then take that job to smaller content like Ambuscade and Omen. Finally, introduce it to content like Aeonic cycles and Dynamis-D runs. All while learning the job.

All the advice, perfect augments, purchased gear, and ideal lua won't help you one bit if you don't understand your job. And those who really understand and flow with the job they're on will almost without a doubt out-perform someone with ideal gear and no knowledge of the job.

So pick something, learn the job, get a lua/xml+macros combination that works for you and is intuitive in its use so you're not walking around with two left feet, and practice. Finesse your sets over time. See how your job interacts with other jobs- what buffs benefit you the most if in a situation where you won't get "all the buffs"- what weaponry performs the best against different targets. But at the end of the day, you need to know the job and then you'll be competitive against most others regardless of the job.

I see great DNCs, great MNKs, killer RDMs, amazing CORs...you name it. I'd wager most people in game know someone who's a true beast on <insert ANY job>. Because honestly, its pretty damn possible these days for almost anyone who puts in the time, gels with the job and its abilities, and gears smartly for a variety of situations.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-02-07 11:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
here's a novel thought.

pick a job

People don't role play anymore so they can't commit to a job. They would rather brag about min maxing and having the bis.

I love my nin and have played it a ton, but it doesn't compete even with bis. Still fun for me so I keep playing, but I put down the blade.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-07 12:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
All the advice, perfect augments, purchased gear, and ideal lua won't help you one bit if you don't understand your job. And those who really understand and flow with the job they're on will almost without a doubt out-perform someone with ideal gear and no knowledge of the job.

So pick something, learn the job, get a lua/xml+macros combination that works for you and is intuitive in its use so you're not walking around with two left feet, and practice. Finesse your sets over time. See how your job interacts with other jobs- what buffs benefit you the most if in a situation where you won't get "all the buffs"- what weaponry performs the best against different targets. But at the end of the day, you need to know the job and then you'll be competitive against most others regardless of the job.

I see great DNCs, great MNKs, killer RDMs, amazing CORs...you name it. I'd wager most people in game know someone who's a true beast on <insert ANY job>. Because honestly, its pretty damn possible these days for almost anyone who puts in the time, gels with the job and its abilities, and gears smartly for a variety of situations.

This is one of the most profoundly true things anyone has ever said in these "job debate" discussions. If you notice the people who advise playing X job over a different choice, you'll see the trend that the ones advocating that job's potential are almost always veterans of the job with years of experience playing it. Not only have we taken the time to gear our favorite jobs to their fullest capacity, but we've also spent a great amount of time playing that job and we're passionate about them. The more technical your job is, the more true this advice becomes too. Anyone who'se spent an extended period of time playing a job has an edge over someone who'se taking it up for the first time. Just ask any of the veterans on any of the job forms and I'll bet they'll all agree that they could outperform someone new to their job even if their own gear was worse just because they know how to play it correctly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-02-07 12:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I see great DNCs, great MNKs, killer RDMs, amazing CORs...
You should see Cele on pup, it is his favorite.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-07 13:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
here's a novel thought.

pick a job

People don't role play anymore so they can't commit to a job. They would rather brag about min maxing and having the bis.

I love my nin and have played it a ton, but it doesn't compete even with bis. Still fun for me so I keep playing, but I put down the blade.

It doesn't necessarily require "role playing" a job to take it to that level. It DOES, however, mean that you don't 99 a job, pay for 2100 JPs and merc a few aeonics/dyna-D wins and move to the next job. I see so many new/returning players who think they need 5+ BiS jobs to be competitive. Those of us with those options have built them over YEARS. And honestly, we don't expect nor want new players to strive for that in 4 months of playing.

Make a name for yourself on something. Have 2-3 jobs in different roles...that doesn't mean "oh, I have a SAM and a DRK, I'm set!"...it means have a SAM and a BRD, a RUN and a COR, a WHM and a THF. Don't think that you'll be waltzing into a new group as a heavy DD from day one. But become known amongst your LS and friends as "oh, that dude has a killer GEO", or "man, he really plays WHM well", or even "he doesn't have all the gear yet, but I'd let him tank any day". Whatever it is, learn it and gear it over time.

So like I said, be flexible in having 2-3 jobs geared solidly in different roles. Find one that you gel with and feels natural, and get good at it. Don't expect to be a heavy DD in an endgame alliance setting from the start just because you wanna be Keanu Reeves in Ronin. And for the love of all that is good in this world, LISTEN.

Even when sarcastic, all the people I associate with and have over time might bust balls but its not with the intent of embarrassing someone. Its done because "insults are the language of love among men(and most gaming women I've found, too!)" combined with a desire to see growth. If the vet making fun of your Fudo whiff is doing that- they probably consider you worth the time to improve. They'd just ignore you and never invite you again if it was truly a lost cause.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-02-07 13:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If the vet making fun of your Fudo whiff is doing that- they probably consider you worth the time to improve. They'd just ignore you and never invite you again if it was truly a lost cause.
The vet making fun of your whiff will most likely answer all your questions. I have rarely seen a vet that didn't appreciate the underdog asking questions or pushing to get better.
That doesn't mean expect to be carried, you have to put forth a lot of solo effort.
Shout groups to clear wave 1 dyna boss to unlock +3 gear, low man omen for cards. Learning to beat hard content by yourself will make you much more valuable in larger groups. Mess up solo and it is over, therefore you learn your own weaknesses.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-07 14:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

That was actually a decent place back in the day. Had frequent conversations, even at the server-specific level.

Allakhazam, now that's a winner.

Oh yea KI was pretty informative for sure, alla was trolls, KI did have some pretty epic threads going though, My favorite was the quote train thread. 300 pages of people simply quoting the last person, and adding a few more words, was funny AF til they locked it on us. I may have even got a pee pee whacking w/ a suspension for a week from that lol.
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-02-07 14:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
I have rarely seen a vet that didn't appreciate the underdog asking questions or pushing to get better.

R25 Xiu Master PUP asking about how to make maneuvers last more than 1min though......
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-07 16:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU in ***tier? You must be on drugs
[+]