PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!
PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Mattelot 2020-02-11 07:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I miss a lot of aspects of classic FFXI, I wouldn't be able to do it again. It's just one of those things that are best left for good memories.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-11 08:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How people found "classic" XI to be more fun than it is currently I'll never know.

Go level sync to 75 and go kill sky gods, maybe a little sea, go pop the kings. Congratulations you now have a classic XI.

No skin off my nose really if they release it. Some people are masochists I suppose.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-11 08:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

As a follow-up, a classic version of XI may encourage older players from 75 to return, it would not surprise me though if they got bored pretty quick and thusly tempted themselves to play the full version of the game once again.

Compared to 75 days, this game is massive. And the challenges and grinding is still there CP is the new meritpo, ***drop rates still make people feel accomplished once they aquire an item etc.

Only the most well gear and sought after jobs are smashing this content (just like at 75). So, anyone who said 75 was a harder experience thus more rewarding, has not done current content to it's full potential, because as much as people want to claim just pop trust and win, that is not the case.
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2020-02-11 10:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If they release ffxi classic, will it require a separate subscription? I don't know how WoW handles it. Also, I hated the amount of time and grind it required to lvl a character back in those days, that's why I only had 1 job for forever. I spent my time goldsmithing and mining instead, lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-11 12:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
There just isn't enough income potential for classic.
Could you explain this?

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-11 13:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so I understand the term, what exactly is "Classic" version of MMO? Is that where they would re-release the game as it's original version as a standalone without the expansions/improvements made afterwards?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-11 15:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just so I understand the term, what exactly is "Classic" version of MMO? Is that where they would re-release the game as it's original version as a standalone without the expansions/improvements made afterwards?

As defined, yeah.

Level 50 cap, pre RotZ "classic"

"why would anyone want that"

No one does. Literally no one does. lol. They want "pre abyssea 75" which would happen a few years after a classic, progression, server.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-02-11 15:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably no one knows such a definition. Everyone who wants "classic" ffxi really just wants to hang on to old memories of staying up to 2 AM to camp some shitty *** king NM where 99% of the time they didn't get anything out of it. Like do people want the old slow *** move speed too? If not then it's not really classic is it? What about HP crystals, some many "fans" of classic FFXI look back on "world exploration" (running through a shitty *** desert), does that mean classic shouldn't have fast ways to travel too? I've never seen two individuals who were proponents of a classic XI fully agree on what classic means, everyone seems to have their own preferences, keep this, leave that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-11 17:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm... Its pretty self explanatory. The player base is so low (less than 90k characters total on current retail version) that the potential income is probably not feasible vs. the expenses to upkeep/maintain a team and servers/equipment involved. Risk for loss far outweighs the potential profitability. 75 era FFXI was not a fun game and why would they invest millions of dollars in a 18 year old game that is not attracting new players?
Disagree. Your points about millions of dollars of investment and risk outweighing benefit are anecdotal evidence.

A classic would not be aimed at the existing population, it'd be aimed at the 2m subscribers that already quit. If this game on the current population still yields profit, it begs to reason that extra population for what is essentially no development cost is more profitable.

Blizzard can afford to do ***like this. WoW population is in the millions, 4+ mil according to the leaked numbers.
SE has the worlds most popular MMO right now - if subscriber count is what means you can afford to do ***like this, as you so eloquently put it, then SE sure as hell can afford it too.
By Draylo 2020-02-11 17:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the 75 cap thumpers are either insane or they don't realize what they miss in the community and their youth, not the gameplay. If someone wants to go back to 75 cap to sit in the aery with bots, they aren't mentally stable.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-11 17:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Most of the 75 cap thumpers are either insane or they don't realize what they miss in the community and their youth, not the gameplay. If someone wants to go back to 75 cap to sit in the aery with bots, they aren't mentally stable.

Quoted for truth.

Anyone else that posted on this recently all of a sudden seeing nothing but WoW classic ads on the banners here now? lawl
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-11 17:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

they don't realize what they miss in the community and their youth, not the gameplay
Probably quite accurate. I'd assume SE's finance department wouldn't care to consider the sanity or questionable reasoning of someone willing to throw money their way each month ;)
By Antisense 2020-02-11 20:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually got this response via email despite following the instructions to contact the "Support Center"

Quote:
We do apologize for the inconvenience you have been experiencing, however we are unable to transfer reservations to another recipient. Once the reservation has been placed, we are unable to reverse it or transfer it.

Please note, although this service is not available, we will take this information and inform the proper department for feedback. We appreciate your patience once again.

Wat?
By Draylo 2020-02-11 22:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You can probably transfer it on showtix or w/e that site is, but SE doesn't use that for the entrance. These people are such idiots in setting up events. Honestly will just go because I doubt they will fill up, and if I don't get in oh well. I doubt its gonna be that strict, can probably even sneak in once it starts and say you were out for a smoke.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-14 17:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I contacted SE and they updated their list to add my name. Thanks a lot to Negan for the ticket transfer :)

So anyone that didn't get in, if you can find someone to transfer their ticket you can just contact SE support.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-14 18:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want an idea of something to ask the devs, please mention that the mount music needs to be changed into a radio or something.
By Antisense 2020-02-15 08:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I contacted SE and they updated their list to add my name. Thanks a lot to Negan for the ticket transfer :)

So anyone that didn't get in, if you can find someone to transfer their ticket you can just contact SE support.

What were the exact options chosen? First time no response. Second time, claim that it isn't possible (see above )
By Draylo 2020-02-16 16:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to the official forums, and say you aren't getting a response. They will set it up for you, I had to contact them there for them to do the ticket exchange.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-19 16:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on Pax East page said that square enix devs canceled their visit. I know the coronavirus thing is going on. No one got any word about FFXI event being canceled? Hoping he wasn't talking about the developers for that.

Supposedly sony has backed out now as well.
By Draylo 2020-02-19 16:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What! I hope not lol
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-19 16:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What! I hope not lol

I think its the FFVII remake devs that backed out. Hoping XI doesn't do the same.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-19 18:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There's more riding on FF7R vs. FFXI.
By Draylo 2020-02-21 03:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP, they just cancelled it

Quote:
As the community may be aware, COVID-19 (also known as "novel coronavirus") is spreading within the East Asia region. Taking into consideration the current situation within the region, sadly SQUARE ENIX has decided to cancel the PAX East attendance of staff who would be travelling from the Japan offices. This difficult decision was based on our desire to prevent any potential spread of the virus and to prioritize the health and safety of PAX attendees and our fellow exhibitors.

As an extra precaution regarding the safety of our guests, we are planning to scale down on our planned activities outside of the show floor. As such, we regret to inform you that we will be canceling the Fan Gathering 2020 at PAX East.

We had originally planned to have Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito host a presentation at the event. However, we will be adjusting our plan to deliver this information in a different form. We will follow up with more details in the future.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-21 06:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Adjusting like sending us airfare refund and pax ticket refunds? Pos
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-02-21 06:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, now I wish I bought insurance. All of my stuff is non refundable.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-21 07:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll be keeping your money. They will honor your payment by posting some wonky youtube video of them saying how sorry they are, but will enjoy your money anyway and that the video fulfills their requirement legally for your ticket payment. Womp womp.

Do a charge-back on a FFXI monthly payment = they ban your character.
Do a charge-back on PAX ticket = they ban you from real life.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8