PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!
PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Shichishito 2019-12-08 15:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
what app produces those sick brush strokes?
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2019-12-08 15:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Those blank posts were you failing to print your ticked on ffixah?

No, they are blank posts.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-12-08 15:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
what app produces those sick brush strokes?

Paint 3d.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm considering going, but I'm not sure I can justify a whole 4 day weekend. Never been to any convention before, not sure I really care for it, so not sure a 4-day pass is worth it. May do just Sunday or something, though.
By Draylo 2019-12-08 16:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have to buy that for the FFXI one? Or is each venue separate? Never been to one of those.
 Bahamut.Qiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Qiyana 2019-12-08 16:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Do you have to buy that for the FFXI one? Or is each venue separate? Never been to one of those.
The place where the event is being held "Pax East" will have this cost for the 4 days, and the FFXI gathering will be INSIDE this venue.. (so yes?)
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-12-08 16:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno!details arent out yet.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 18:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Add on that one day passes are $60, but Friday and Saturday are already sold out. So options are Thursday, Sunday, or four days.
By Draylo 2019-12-08 18:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is every day the same venues or do they change? I saw that they were sold out, but wasn't sure if each day is the same. I'd rather just go once and do other stuff in Boston lol.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 18:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a buddy who does those things and I think some venues pack up early, and Friday and Saturday have more special events/announcements, which is likely why those days sold out already. Betting they're mostly similar, though.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-08 18:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They come for a couple hours on set days, probably not all 4 days but they have not revealed which ones yet.

You would have to buy the 4 day pass to ensure you saw their panel (beside that fact that 2 days are already sold out and those are possibly their days)

Even if you haven't been to one you know what the deal is. They sit in an auditorium with translators and answer questions about cheese sandwiches. While you and the rest of the "fans" sit awkwardly in chairs to scared to talk to each other.

Friday and saturday obviously sell out first because of work/travel. It's easier to attend those days, doesn't necessarily mean the XI guys are just those 2 days.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 18:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If I go, I will be wearing a shirt that will have LateNightLosers on it, and maybe my characters names. I ain't scared. I just don't know if it's worth the money/effort lol
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-08 18:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes we get it, you don't care for a nerd gathering and see every opportunity to harass people on it. Just stop, you're looking desperate for attention.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-08 18:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, just telling you what it's like. You put a bunch of introverts in a room, what do you expect to happen. a bunch of nothing.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
If I go, I will be wearing a shirt that will have LateNightLosers on it, and maybe my characters names. I ain't scared. I just don't know if it's worth the money/effort lol

For the XI event, gonna say no. If you want to actually go for everything else it might be. If you care about the other stuff they're doing.
PAX 2019 quick overview
YouTube Video Placeholder

What the XI event will be like 2:39-
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 18:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you showed up you wouldn't be as mouthy and assholish as you are on the forums, but I assure you, I am an annoying *** irl too.
By Draylo 2019-12-08 18:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been to an XIV convention before, I'm aware its full of nerds who generally don't place hygiene on their list of important things. I'm not there for them, mostly wanted to go because I love the game and have interest in any news or interesting information and because I want merch lol. I have also never been to Boston so it would be nice to check that out too, but not at all interested in meeting the people if I'm being honest. I wouldn't actively try to attack anyone showing interest though, I'm sure you spend money on some things others would find dumb.
By Anaurine 2019-12-08 18:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Maybe if you showed up you wouldn't be as mouthy and assholish as you are on the forums, but I assure you, I am an annoying *** irl too.
Just imagine, most of these people who are, wouldn't even show up! They are afraid of showing their backwater basementdwelling backhaired into the light and public. They don't want their "image" to be crushed.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 18:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm totally interested in meeting people. That's why I would show up with something to identify myself with. Even considering sharing a hotel room or give someone a ride up (I'm in Western Maryland) to reduce costs. I usually work weekends so it's an expense and loss of income, and I doubt it'll really be that worthwhile in the end, but I'd certainly consider it for the experience.
By spengler 2019-12-08 18:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be there, feel free to confront me.

Posted at the same time as LoH, wasn't talking to him specifically.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 18:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

spengler said: »
I'll be there, feel free to confront me.

Posted at the same time as LoH, wasn't talking to him specifically.

Odd timing, then, because my only experience with you is someone was yelling to sell Reisen t1 drops at 3mil a pop, I shouted asking if people still pay that price, and you sent me a tell saying, "shut the *** up, no one cares for your opinion". I otherwise have no idea who you are, so not sure why you are so mad.
By spengler 2019-12-08 18:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds about right. I stand by my statement.

If I remember right you were heavily implying people are bad paying for that Merc. I think you took a picture of it though so maybe you can remind me
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 19:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds about right. I stand by my statement.

If I remember right you were heavily implying people are bad paying for that Merc. I think you took a picture of it though so maybe you can remind me

Nah, my issue is paying 3mil for Reisen t1 drops in 2019. That ***wasn't hard 3 years ago, super easy now, and pops cost nothing. It's absurd to pay that much for them today.
By spengler 2019-12-08 19:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So everything you're saying there is heavily implying that people are bad for paying 3m for it, yet you started your sentence with the word "nah". Bit confused here. You can post the screenshot if you want.

No one cares about your opinion on what people spend their Gil on. Perfectly fine standing by my statement
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 19:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I misread your statement as "that Merc" meaning the person who was selling, and I have no idea who that was so I didn't care about that detail.

I dislike that people massively overpay for simple ***as I think it discourages people from getting into the endgame, or encourages people to rmt instead of farm gil themselves, and haven't met any gilbuyers that are that amazing at the game, I tend to prefer people willing to grind a bit.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2019-12-08 19:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

FFS

Are there not already enough threads bitching about mercs? Knock it off.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-12-08 19:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No one cares about your opinion on what people spend their Gil on. Perfectly fine standing by my statement
the person about to overpay a merc might be interested.
By spengler 2019-12-08 19:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care. I don't know why you don't care and I don't think anyone cares about your opinion on prices people are trying sell stuff for in yell. I stand by my statement, which you took a picture of if you'd like to post but in reality it just makes you look silly. You don't have to chime in on everything anyone yells. No one wants your opinion.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-08 19:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care. I don't know why you don't care and I don't think anyone cares about your opinion on prices people are trying sell stuff for in yell. I stand by my statement, which you took a picture of if you'd like to post but in reality it just makes you look silly. You don't have to chime in on everything anyone yells. No one wants your opinion.

Same could be said for me caring about your opinion, yet you still sent me a tell. Why not actually live by your opinion there?

Unfortunately getting into arguments isn't enough of a motivation to come to this convention, so hoping some people that I might actually like would be willing to go.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-08 19:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Boston in the dead of Winter is one of the worst possible choices they could make, wouldn't really count on it.

Pax south or west, you've got a chance.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-12-08 19:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP I live in Boston.... but 225$ a ticket. Well i might buy them just to meet Frod so we can SMN burn all the things. I approve SMN burn in RL, leggo!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8