Amano Vs Masa (Final Augment)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Amano vs Masa (Final augment)
Amano vs Masa (Final augment)
 Asura.Arthuruss
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: PAD13772
By Asura.Arthuruss 2019-11-03 17:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl: LMAO you made my day lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Pve
Server: Leviathan
user: zsky
By Leviathan.Pve 2019-11-03 18:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow at this thread.

Doji and Masa is all you need for SAM for this current update.

If you still insist on Amano because "it looks cool" or whatevs, then by all means go make it as long as you are ok being outparsed by other masa sams.

It doesn't take a bright mind to realize that masa's aftermath and +70 STR stat benefits much more than amano's store tp+ aftermath and +60 acc including in capped acc situations.

Amano is dead when it comes to DPS in full buff scenarios, just accept it and move on. Answers are already in the SAM thread, but I understand reading 200+ page thread is a chore, just means missing out on some goldmine of tips/numbers/sets in there.

If you are asking if players frown on SAMs using amano for content that actually matters, then yeah I would say yes, unfortunately only because groups will ask you to play another job so someone else that understands how to BIS and/or parse better... just stating facts.

Take this as an opportunity to learn from others and spend your gil wisely.
 Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2019-11-03 18:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pve: Well with your bright mind you totally forgot that they dont have the same weapon damage and it's a very important part of WS calculation which is the most important part of your damage.

Just trying to figure out the % of difference but since you are from the school of BIS or die, i understand you couldnt care less.

I will try to continue to run simulations but for now, the numbers stated before stand.

And yes i did a lot of research on the forum.

If you would be so kind to find me a reference of what i'm asking, please post it here, it would be greatly appreciated, but so far, i havent found any real proof of that.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-03 18:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Take a look at Ejiin's video. He does an excellent representation of where all GKs stand.
Even Ejiin himself says R15 Amano is not worth it in the video.

I can assure you, Masa wins against all.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Pve
By Leviathan.Pve 2019-11-03 18:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arthuruss said: »
And yes i did a lot of research on the forum.

If you would be so kind to find me a reference of what i'm asking, please post it here, it would be greatly appreciated, but so far, i havent found any real proof of that.

Skimmed through the posts with maths and parses showing masa winning ahead? That's cool, confirmation bias is a trendy thing to do these days.

Why don't you just ignore us and go ahead with your amano dream then?
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2019-11-03 19:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had an amano since 2008.
It had its time in the sun.
I've quit quite a few times thru-out the years, and as soon as i saw doji, i said rip to amano.

That pretty much sums up my own personal thought on it.

the fact that there is very little that can be done to make kaitens damage worth while, while other weapons(skills) have a much easier time, its like why even bother lol.

Relics that dont have a niche (like anni) are pretty much destroyed by their counter-parts.
By Korgull 2019-11-03 19:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously cannot believe this discussion is happening.
 Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2019-11-03 20:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiraj: Ok tyvm for your input! I'll look at it. ^^

Nightmarelord: Yeah i'm starting to understand why! lol

Pve: You are still telling BS without numbers or anything you are not even worth responding to but I probably do b/c i try to be nicer than you : )
 Leviathan.Pve
By Leviathan.Pve 2019-11-03 21:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2019-11-03 21:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone who answered seriously.

I think the numbers i got seem good, averaging 15% diff between Amano and Masa, r15.

Conclusion: Amano is good, but too difficult to use Kaiten correctly and a lot easier to just use Masa to pull ahead.
So, if using as main job, surely you want to aim for Masa. On a side job, probably Amano can get the job done.

I'll probably start making a Masa and use Amano for the moment.

If anyone got the time and got both r15, it would be nice to see actuals numbers^^.

Thx again!
By Korgull 2019-11-03 21:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Best troll ever.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-11-03 21:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone who answered seriously.

I think the numbers i got seem good, averaging 15% diff between Amano and Masa, r15.

Conclusion: Amano is good, but too difficult to use Kaiten correctly and a lot easier to just use Masa to pull ahead.
So, if using as main job, surely you want to aim for Masa. On a side job, probably Amano can get the job done.

I'll probably start making a Masa and use Amano for the moment.

If anyone got the time and got both r15, it would be nice to see actuals numbers^^.

Thx again!

Unfortunately I don't think anyone would ever R15 Amano unless they just have a stupid amount of gil or are extremely bored.

With that being said, I would highly suggest you do not R15 yours as a place gap because it is a huge gil sink. Surely you have the ability to get a Doji if you are getting Dynamis Clears one way or another. Use an Doji R0 until you have the time/funds to build Masa. IF you are unable to obtain a dynamis clear or a get an aeonic, go ahead and use Amano R0 OR

1. Farm an Umaru in Reisenjima and play the Oseem lotto with augments. Easy to farm, pain in the *** to get ideal augments.

2. Buy the Su4/5 GK and go RP to use as a placeholder until you can get Masa R15. (I would personally do Path B for that wicked SB build and some FUA if you use this as a placeholder, but to each their own)

Whatever you do decide to spend your gil/time on, good luck!
 Bismarck.Claddy
Server: Bismarck
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Claddy 2019-11-03 22:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Korgull said: »
Best troll ever.
[+]
 Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2019-11-03 22:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx a lot Kingkitt, good advices!
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-11-04 01:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nightmarelord said: »
Relics that dont have a niche (like anni) are pretty much destroyed by their counter-parts.

Not sure if this was shared before but:

Quote:
Thread: October 2019 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest - Yoji Fujito:

Weapon Skills tied to relic weapons need to be adjusted so that they are in line with other relic weapon’s Weapon Skills. For this reason, we did not make any adjustment to Final Heaven.

Possibly in the future there will be plans to update all relic Weapon Skills, only then Amanomurakumo would be viable.

Meanwhile, make a Hachimonji and call it a day.
[+]
By Foxfire 2019-11-04 13:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [334 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2020-10-03 12:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey! Just for the fun of it I had fun on high Apex hounds yesterday with Amano R15 and Masa R15. Geo, bard, rdm, whm, pld and me as sam. Capped attack. Dream gear. At the end of the day, I was pulling 5.5k DPS with Amano Vs 7.5K DPS with Masa. Did 1 hour parse on each. Not scientific at all but I think it can give an overall idea. Amano is fun toy but not close. But, it can stand its ground though. Wasnt that bad at all. I would have though Amano to be more crushed than this. As everyone said, and they were right, Masa is king of the hill. Amano can be a good place holder if no access to Doji.
 Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2020-10-03 12:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If we do the math, Masa was then pulling 36% ahead of Amano.
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-03 13:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Until Relic WSs start to scale with TP then most will be trash.

SAMs TP rate crushes Kaiten.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-10-03 13:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey! Just for the fun of it I had fun on high Apex hounds yesterday with Amano R15 and Masa R15. Geo, bard, rdm, whm, pld and me as sam. Capped attack. Dream gear. At the end of the day, I was pulling 5.5k DPS with Amano Vs 7.5K DPS with Masa. Did 1 hour parse on each. Not scientific at all but I think it can give an overall idea. Amano is fun toy but not close. But, it can stand its ground though. Wasnt that bad at all. I would have though Amano to be more crushed than this. As everyone said, and they were right, Masa is king of the hill. Amano can be a good place holder if no access to Doji.

unless we get an update like early SOA Amano will stay decent for now, i can see it being better than Empy's if there was an update similar to Early SOA PRE ILVL
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-10-03 13:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Until Relic WSs start to scale with TP then most will be trash.

SAMs TP rate crushes Kaiten.

His party didn't have Samurai's roll, imagine how lopsided it would've been then. Masa's R15 augment is just ridiculous.
[+]
 Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2020-10-03 13:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally true Saevel!!!
 Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2020-10-03 13:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We though there would be a difference between Masa and Amano, but I never imagined it would be this huge.
 Asura.Arthuruss
By Asura.Arthuruss 2020-10-03 13:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people were thinking like 20%, but it's probably closer to 40% with TP overflow from SAM's roll
 Leviathan.Pve
By Leviathan.Pve 2020-10-03 17:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally had the same discussion in-game with someone who was dead onto making an Amano and asked for advice compared to other GTK options recently.

Same advice to work towards Doji and Masa to cover all needs as SAM.

The dude still made Amano R15...

Maybe it's just the allure of unlocking the relic WS or if players just don't like how Masa GTK looks in game, but we can lockstyle and/or spamming radiance with aeonic is so much cooler.

Regardless....¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-10-03 17:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pve said: »

That's not how you spell Koga.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pve
By Leviathan.Pve 2020-10-03 18:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

That's not how you spell Koga.

I'll pour a drink to that.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Cree
user: Sleepless
By Asura.Cree 2020-11-30 14:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested my Masamune R0 vs someones Amanomurakumo R15 close match ups but masamune always came out on top. Both of us using curry bun did like 7 runs of unity nm. AM is a hugh difference.
By Prong 2020-11-30 17:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Crap, a bump of a bump. Saw the title and was hoping to see a bunch of memes and mean spirited banter, bashing the OP's existence for making such a topic.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-30 19:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make all REMAs and R15 em.
[+]