By Phoenix.Erics 2019-09-12 11:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Jdove said: »
missdivine said: »
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Mrgrim said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
Ayy kids this is my VD mnk style vid, figured out mewing works on this so it went very smooth. No SPs used at all. Also fight starts almost at the end lol.

hey! I remember Tigera.
Looks boring as fk
how are these guys just peacefully standing in 1 spot with out her spawning those black things everywhere and not getting knocked around?

Skill.
Skill.lua
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-09-12 12:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been spamming E mode with little trouble against lilith on BLU sub drk, Absorb spells land easily, I use Geist Wall for dispel whenever she uses dark thorn to get rid of Dread Spikes and buffs she steals with absorb-Attri. The trusts I use are amchuchu/AAEV/Ygnas/Yoran/Kingofhearts. I try to fight in center and readjust if whm trusts get hurt from outer ring fetters. I watch out for Fatal Allure, TPing on fetters spawned from her TP moves then WSing on her to reduce tp feed, sweeping gouge for def down. I also use Jumbotender Cheer for Trust auto Regen +5/Refresh +3. erasing Magic Defense Down from Moonlight Veil is priority. Since all her attacks are magic, defense is nothing to worry about for VE/E modes.
I initially spammed VE mode until I started getting used to more moves in E mode. Sucks whenever I do get charmed I just use RR item and die at the gate then get up and rest to full.

Drops from VE mode from lots of runs were Pole, Ear (think from E mode) then after lots of E mode runs got Sword, Body and Legs.

Sigil works here so can get Food duration/regen/refresh effects from sigil NPC

EDIT: Tizona with TH4 non-thf
By gistofanything 2019-09-12 12:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people still getting drops like candy from VE?
By phunky 2019-09-12 12:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

gistofanything said: »

I got all the drops except head and body from VE in under 70 fights. I've switched to E but haven't seen anything else. Probably dropping things I already have.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-12 12:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you doing E and VE are you just going for the kill or are you aiming for some form of TH?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-12 13:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not using treasure Hunter on E/VE, You're doing yourself a huge disservice and are practically wasting merits altogether. The drop rate on E/VE isn't significant, but there's definitely a difference having at least th4 and not, on every difficulty. As mentioned earlier, thief can easily so this on VE and get at least TH8-9 if you use the correct trust package
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-09-12 13:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
This is what happens when you farm too fast zzz I warped myself. Link is out of order but it registered as nothing dropping on Hiep so I immediately warped myself, then tabbed over to Auralei.
Your text to link here...
Will SE ever do something about the dropped packets in instances? Unlikely.

That sucks.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-12 13:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
If you're not using treasure Hunter on E/VE, You're doing yourself a huge disservice and are practically wasting merits altogether. The drop rate on E/VE isn't significant, but there's definitely a difference having at least th4 and not, on every difficulty. As mentioned earlier, thief can easily so this on VE and get at least TH8-9 if you use the correct trust package

That is what I figured, I haven't had any luck on drops with thf on VE, and so far my trust layout hasn't been worth a pile of poo for E. (I don't have ygnas which seems to be a go-to for a lot of people)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-12 13:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Ygnas either, he makes the difference for the harder difficulties. You can try a heavier DD or something (Monk) for E, since it will take less damage and feed less tp than THF. But people have been getting drops on VE, so at this point its a lucky dice roll if you wanna grind out a few dozen for a chance at something nice, or you can form a higher level group and compete with lotters. At least its soloable
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-09-12 13:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

One poorly time darkness will completely heal her, so you'll need to alternate Rudras and mandalic if you're going the thief method.

Another alternative: just spam Evisceration, which doesn't SC with itself. You do lose some SC damage from Rudra>Mandalic Fusion, but might be worth it anyway - especially with Tauret (which might even be the best mainhand for this particular fight, since you can't rely on all out Rudra and Tauret would provide way more crits + Evis bonus).

Just be sure you aren't using some idiot trust who would do a WS that makes Darkness with Evisceration.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-12 13:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Exenterator > Rudra's > Mandalic > Exenterator is a decent Light SC. She takes normal damage from Light, so whatever damage you would lose in WSD you gain it back in SCD, assuming you don't get knocked out of range and miss or have a trust interrupt you. Fight goes fast if you use this
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-09-12 14:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Exenterator > Rudra's > Mandalic > Exenterator is a decent Light SC. She takes normal damage from Light, so whatever damage you would lose in WSD you gain it back in SCD, assuming you don't get knocked out of range and miss or have a trust interrupt you. Fight goes fast if you use this

I'd still guess that Evis spam (and huge crit rate under 1000tp) with Tauret beats SCs that need Exenterator. And much simpler. But either way, like you said, fight should go fast.
 Sylph.Wasenshi
Server: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2019-09-12 14:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

gistofanything said: »
3/28 with TH4 on E so drops aren't super common
By Boshi 2019-09-12 15:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

keep in mind if you're going solo/duo ect if you guys all have a drop like earring for example:
you might be getting the ear(or w/e) drop and jut not seeing it.
By Boshi 2019-09-12 15:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
If you're low-manning some E/N runs the trust Ajido-Marujido is quick on dispel for the dread spikes

just to re-up this comment.

works great
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-12 21:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Three questions.

First, is Repulse Mantle's knockback resistance enough to completely prevent Lilith's auto attacks from knocking you back, or does it just reduce it?

Second, I've been told that all of Lilith's attacks are magical, including her standard attacks. Can anyone confirm?

What exactly is that Japanese text that shows up sometimes (other than being a translator goof)? Is it a hidden TP move?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-09-12 21:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All her attacks are magical except for Durance Whip (physical) and Subjugating Slash (deals damage equal to 3/4 of the player's max HP in D/VD, 3/8 HP in lower difficulties). Dark Flare/Freeze could be breath damage.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-12 21:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know what element her auto attacks are?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-12 21:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Subjugating definitely does more than 3/8 on N at least, and I'm pretty sure it does more than 75% on VD (I've taken >2000 with ~2400 max HP).
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-09-12 22:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, because it really seems like it's 75% when I checked.
1076 dmg with 1435 HP
1378 dmg with 1838 HP
1487 dmg with 1983 HP
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-09-12 22:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Do we know what element her auto attacks are?

A quick test involving Liement seems to indicate that the attack type is dark-based. This was on VD, by the way, if that makes any difference.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-12 22:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're low-manning some E/N runs the trust Ajido-Marujido is quick on dispel for the dread spikes

just to re-up this comment.

works great

Qultada immediately removed it for me with Dark Shot. Was E.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-13 11:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
So that thread Kylos posted on the official forums is gone.

Not surprised as it had the code for the addon in it, but kinda funny for it to get swept into the closet like that.

Banish that guy to the shadow realm.

Here's to hoping Mr. Proud Virgin got an LM-17 for posting Third Party code on the official forums.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-13 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I had them take it down. Also, no I have not been carried to any of my weapons. And I have never been jealous of anyone's character, especially gadgets. People follow me, it's very rarely the other way these past 15 years. Keep judging and calling me names, it shows your maturity.

However you feel about me, I'm not bothered. I have a great group of friends who know me and we get things done with no drama. I only come here to share information or ask for it. This forum has been full of trolls for years and half of 'em are blocked. I'm open to an adult conversation in private if anyone has any issues (they won't, they just like to troll to seem cool), otherwise if you don't like me? Block me. Move on.

Good luck to everyone doing this fight the proper way. Thanks to all those who supported me and others who do not appreciate blatant, public cheating.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-09-13 14:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone play the cutscene "When Wills Collide" wearing the whole Malignance set XD.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-13 17:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to say that I hate animation lock. Somehow Lilith's 2nd form animation locked me with her physical attacks, so I couldn't move out of a gyve and died.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 17:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When something like that happens, I just hit south a couple times <3

Stuck in a terror gaze? Hit south. Animation lock? hit south. 2 inch hill blocking the path? Hit up!
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-13 18:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone was curious, the Japanese text they forgot to translate is just a generic "you have wiped and will be kicked out shortly" message.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 47 48 49