First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-01 15:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
She can do a regular attack while or right before Slash, then you have less hp than you should’ve to not die, so you die. I’ve had that happen before.

I didn’t see that part that said it hit for 3350. That shouldn’t even be possible unless you had some huge number of hp.

It's 1/3 of max, so yes, it can kill you, it can't, do 3k, unless you had 10k hp. (ve/e)

Edit to your edit; you edited, but we paged
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-01-01 15:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think wearing Ratri can can one shot you, no?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-02 20:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok first, You're an elf mnk, my not elf mnk has 3200 HP. So you have more than 2924 HP.

1600 =/= 3200

are you using mantra, then getting hp max - 1/2 then getting hit for 1600, seems right to me

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-02 20:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My HP is 3253 with Mantra it's 4228 (right? I don't have mantra but it's 30%)

37.5 of 4228 = 1585

You're an elv with higher hp, maff checks out

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-02 20:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-02 21:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got her to do a 4k Sub Slash, all I had to do was raise my HP with mantra or inner strength

Appears to have broken it, cause I did not have 12k HP

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-05 18:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Papesse is amazing, that's all I can say. VD SMN solo with trusts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4YLCKkWmU&feature=emb_logo
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-01-05 18:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious for the groups that have kill wardens are you guys bringing a thf for higher TH or just opening the slots and slapping TH4 on?
 Asura.Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-01-08 04:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If it helps any shout groups or shells that have multiple people farming their sets I’ve been able to clear N/D + killing wardens with pick up groups mimicking the video below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdudmjci3Oo

Runs normally took us 9-20 minutes ( 9-15 after our first) and with TH 3 we were able to get in 7 runs, 3 swords, 3 earrings, 1 pair of gloves and we had 2 runs with 0 drops sadly.

Once your able to gel together as a group on N it makes D/VD just as easy.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-01-08 20:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So bored of this HTBF that I started to tag with bounty (th4) and just zerg her with KC/Savage blade it's been surprisingly satisfying. Had to swap to VE for that but hell, she wasn't droppin anything anyway :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Kelg
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-02-08 22:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

200+ VE runs (many with TH10+) and only got the body to drop so far (and this was on E with blu/thf TH3).

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to kill gyves or something? Can the armor pieces even drop on VE?

I can't even form a PUG on my server to do higher difficulty because I will shout for hours and nobody will join.

Who thought creating a fight with knockback mechanics on auto attacks, 1000HP limit spam, charm, instant dread spikes(I don't use stuff like ja0 so I can possibly get one shot in an AA round with no chance to turn) and aoe magic damage spam was a good idea?

So sick of running this fight. How do people manage 5/5 malignance without wanting to blow their brains out?

My blu is my best geared job (Adhemar +1/Windbuffet +1/Tizona(non-augment)+thibron) and I can only win maybe 50% of the time on E mostly due to trusts randomly getting one shot at some point in the fight or getting charmed via animation lock or some other bs.
Running AAEV, Selh'teus, Ajido, Yoran-oran, Kupipi/Qultada.

Should I build up SMN just to farm this? What's the best method to farm easy without it being a struggle?
By Viciouss 2021-02-08 22:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 9/9 Malignance running VE on Sam/Thf. So yeah, it can be done. I never did E. Just steamrolled on VE. Personally I don't think you are making good use of your merits running Easy with that Blu. I can't offer a good strategy, because I never did it. But you probably don't have the DPS to kill her quick enough on Easy.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-08 23:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The you move to E if you want but the rate still pretty suck. I'm still 7/9 on that after 50-60 E but I have mules to leech the extra drops.

I think the chance of anything to drop is like 8~10% with TH4. Sword seems like most common, then club, armor pieces. Haven't seen earring in all of my fights.
 Asura.Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-02-09 00:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop rate honestly just is terrible. We’ve been doing N-VD and I’m 20/85 gear wise not counting earrings and weapons. It’s just super random and some days she drops well and others are a drought.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-04-03 11:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone got a strategy for this with melees (excl. SAM) or SMNs? Or is it still encouraged to do it the way Papesse's group did if you want to kill wardens?

I'm not seeing much point doing this without killing wardens at higher difficulties seeing as you only get the one drop slot. Feels like most preferred soloing the lower difficulties til 5/5, but I like a good challenge.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-04-03 12:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to find a smooth melee method for this mostly including a Thf, but we had a few issues going past N.We used Tank Whm Geo Brd Cor thf. I still recommend doing it the way Papesse’s group does it and we swap in a brd instead of smn.

It’s more controlled on the tp feeding, can cover all warden damage types, and rng can proc past th4. You also won’t have to deal with the wardens aoes (super potent para) or worry about anyone behind hit with anything they shouldn’t.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-04-03 15:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
I tried to find a smooth melee method for this mostly including a Thf, but we had a few issues going past N.We used Tank Whm Geo Brd Cor thf. I still recommend doing it the way Papesse’s group does it and we swap in a brd instead of smn.

It’s more controlled on the tp feeding, can cover all warden damage types, and rng can proc past th4. You also won’t have to deal with the wardens aoes (super potent para) or worry about anyone behind hit with anything they shouldn’t.

Yeah we were giving this a go on D last night and ran in to some issues while doing wardens. Can do VD pretty easy without dealing with wardens, but soon as they are factored in it becomes a whole other challenge. Thanks for the tip man.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-04-03 15:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Asura.Ramsy said: »

Yeah we were giving this a go on D last night and ran in to some issues while doing wardens. Can do VD pretty easy without dealing with wardens, but soon as they are factored in it becomes a whole other challenge. Thanks for the tip man.
What setup were you doing?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-04-03 16:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We were doing it with RUN WAR BRD COR SCH WHM, having me and WHM drop party and hold Lilith. When first gyve goes down, the DD grabs the add and Calls For Help. But the AoEs were pretty strong and I was struggling to hold both at times on Rune.

I was holding Lilith in one of the outside gate areas to make it easier on WHM, but then I got boxed in with gyves and had to run away. I had Absorb TP but needed a little help with it as I couldn't do anything while paralyzed and silenced. Didn't have time to tell the healer what was going on, so ended up dropping to the floor anyway.

We had Larvos at the time, and he wasn't going down hardly any, he resists physical damage and I can't be too close to a gyve due to doom aura. We killed Aquila on another run when I was DD, but the WHM got taken out and couldn't keep the tank alive, or it would've been promising. That was on VD as well. I think DD method is possible, but really tough. Like you said, doing it on Normal is the only suitable way for most groups.
 Asura.Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-04-03 17:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea with the damage types it’s pretty rough to do melee. It works on N well because the Cor can carry the pt since they can cover all wardens. In the video they used SC and mb but we just leaden and TF spam the Galka. On the Hume I RA and then we run into SB. On D our rune can hold her just fine with cure skin and lux runes but on VD she can be a bit of a pain. If you dont have a rng but someone else can play Cor and one of the healers can swap to geo you’ll start having a 100% win rate.

Rune/drk brd/drk geo/drk whm/sch Cor Rng(or another Cor)
 Asura.Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-04-03 17:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do end up swapping to ranged method. Use Chaos/Sam until Gyvern and wardens die. Once it’s just Lilith swap to monk/Sam. With monks roll, auspice, and 3 people rotating absorb tp she will
Have next to 0 to. However do not run double or triple shot during this time.

For gyverns don’t melee them. Stand at 7.9 yalms and shoot them. Damage is reduced to 0 over 8 yalms and you can avoid aura this way.

Geo should be running frail and fury for everything except galka. Acumen and malaise for Galka. Whm should also dia 2 tag everything since the geo is /drk.

If Sub sash is used the DDs should move away from
The mages since this is hate reset until
Tank gets hate back.

Since you can’t target the warden until the Gyvern is dead be sure to pop JA and foil and stuff.

You don’t have to use drop pt and cfh method but if anyone dies they should unweak outside the circle to avoid aoes.
[+]
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2021-04-04 15:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have trust suggestions for SCH solo on easy? I'm running Amchu Selh Koru Kupipi Apu. Things go OK with the occasional hiccup (fixed by tabula) but it's really annoying having Amchu interrupt SCH SC's. I think maybe Selh'teus is interrupting them too.

Also debating whether doing it SCH easy solo with TH2 is better than BLU very easy solo with TH4.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49