New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Lilith HTBF
Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 47 48 49
By Taeketsu 2020-03-29 18:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had absolutely no luck getting drops on VE subbing THF for some TH. Am I better off trying E on BLU or DRK solo?
By Draylo 2020-03-29 18:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather do it on E with TH4 on BLU. These HTB are all the same that you get a much higher rate on drops the higher up you go, so I would never want to do a very low difficulty.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-29 19:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 0/300 on VE as THF. I ended up doing WOTG missions on my mules so I could tri-box E and got almost 2 full sets in about 50 runs.

Post deleted by User.
By Taeketsu 2020-03-29 20:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I would rather do it on E with TH4 on BLU. These HTB are all the same that you get a much higher rate on drops the higher up you go, so I would never want to do a very low difficulty.

I figured, guess I'll put my big boy pants on and do E. Is there anything else to know other than using trusts to dispel the Dread Spikes? Probably will do it on BLU

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-29 21:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

These HTB are all the same that you get a much higher rate on drops the higher up you go, so I would never want to do a very low difficulty.

I don't think Lilith works like that if i'm honest.
I went 200~ runs for 3/5(head, legs and feet) doing VE-E. Then went
1/438 on Normal on the body to make me 4/5. I'm STILL 4/5 missing the hands.

I've heard people get the same luck as me(***), but 0/150 on VD.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-03-29 21:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Did under 200 runs. 2 pieces from E with TH8+, 2 from VE with TH8+, 2 from VE with TH4.

1/12 Sacro Breastplate TH4 N.

1/3 Hjarrandi Breastplate TH4 VE.

Do it on whatever difficulty you're capable of killing it on.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-04-04 09:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Question the guives that pop in middle are they different then ones on edge? It’s a real pain to move trusts out of those

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-04 10:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
Question the guives that pop in middle are they different then ones on edge? It’s a real pain to move trusts out of those

According to BG:

Quote:
Gyves ★
Once the fight commences, the battlefield will become encircled with Gyves.
These Gyves may not be targeted or attacked.
Players outside of this circle may not deal damage to Lilith.
Spite Wardens however, will take damage outside of this circle.
These Gyves will attack players which come within a distance of 6'.
Summoned Gyves will not attack.
Gyves absorb all forms of magic damage.

Lady Lilith summons Dark Gyves after utilizing a TP move.
These have a magic evasion down aura.
Additionally, a 5-count Doom aura is added, beginning on "Normal" difficulty and higher.
Only players with enmity towards Lilith will be afflicted by the effects of summoned Gyves.
Attacking summoned Gyves or Wardens will not incur enmity against Lady Lilith.
Summoned Gyves will not despawn; even after Lilith Ascendant appears.

Lilith Ascendant summons Light Gyves after utilizing a TP move.
These have a Zombie and powerful Dia aura.
Each Gyve present will reduce the damage Lilith Ascendant receives.
Lilith Ascendant becomes immune to damage once five Light Gyves have been summoned.
By Demhar 2020-04-08 15:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG vs Lady Lilith [E]

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-08 17:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If you already have 3/5 pieces it means they can't drop and hence it would take longer to get other pieces anyway?

This is true.

Took me 63 VD runs to complete my set and this statement as the truth. Once you get most of the gears across your characters, you get bottle-necked... HARD.. Lilith has a weapon fetish and will very much more often than not drop her favorites; the Sword and the Pole for.. Reasons...?

so by 40something, I had all weapons across my characters except for one missing Daybreak and 3/5 Malig on the COR and 4/5 on the Main. Was hitting blanks from that point.. Started dropping Swords on all and Staff on the BRD mule (BRD unfortunately cant use it but its amazing Idle for my WHM and great React Piece for GEO for now) just to see anything drop at all. She's SE's little dirty joke. It is what it is.

Ran some guy missing 2 armors through VD the other day, 8 runs, with his THF tagging TH8, and all it got was the missing Daybreak for my mules. Its that bottleneck that's killer here. It'd be nice if SE could force a drop to help speed this up but we're just not that lucky (If the item that tries to drop but cant cuz everyone has it, Change it so something that CAN drop --Would be nice)
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-08 18:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Use React.

Bad advise. Don't encouraging botting!

Demhar said: »
RNG vs Lady Lilith [E]

YouTube Video Placeholder

Well done! :D

Asura.Botosi said: »
I went 0/300 on VE as THF. I ended up doing WOTG missions on my mules so I could tri-box E and got almost 2 full sets in about 50 runs.

Hmm, what jobs did you use? I have been wanting to try it low-man for a while, but haven't had much success with it.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-04-08 18:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK+THF on Easy is probably the best Duo set up

Edit: Or just MNK on E
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-08 18:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »

Out of morbid curiously, why Mnk? And which REMA?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-04-08 18:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing DRG and THF on easy. THF has leader and stays engaged on Lilith/keeps trusts on her.

DRG just zergs her down:
I try to open with Angon and do the following WS/SC between jumps:

DRAKESBANE > STARDIVER (GRAVITATION) > CAMLANN'S TORMENT (FRAGMENTATION) > DRAKESBANE (LIGHT) > CAMLANN'S TORMENT (LIGHT/RADIANCE [LVL.4])

By the time I burn all of my jumps she is at 40% or less just doing a 3 step (in the event I can't pull off a 5 step).

Afterwards I just DD the fetters for TP and spam camlann's back to back and self SC light until she is dead.

The benefit of using DRG is shedding hate onto a trust tank and avoiding charm. You also don't even need to engage her at the start to get TP. Also restoring breath is nice to have in a pinch in regards to Trust AI being really stupid.

The THF stays on her/builds TH when dread spikes aren't getting in the way.

I feel like when I do it on MNK, she stays plastered on me.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-04-08 18:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »

Don't even need REMA, just spam VS for light. Really any melee DPS should be able to solo it, but feeding less TP helps.
By Demhar 2020-04-08 18:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
If you already have 3/5 pieces it means they can't drop and hence it would take longer to get other pieces anyway?

This is true.

Took me 63 VD runs to complete my set and this statement as the truth. Once you get most of the gears across your characters, you get bottle-necked... HARD.. Lilith has a weapon fetish and will very much more often than not drop her favorites; the Sword and the Pole for.. Reasons...?

so by 40something, I had all weapons across my characters except for one missing Daybreak and 3/5 Malig on the COR and 4/5 on the Main. Was hitting blanks from that point.. Started dropping Swords on all and Staff on the BRD mule (BRD unfortunately cant use it but its amazing Idle for my WHM and great React Piece for GEO for now) just to see anything drop at all. She's SE's little dirty joke. It is what it is.

Ran some guy missing 2 armors through VD the other day, 8 runs, with his THF tagging TH8, and all it got was the missing Daybreak for my mules. Its that bottleneck that's killer here. It'd be nice if SE could force a drop to help speed this up but we're just not that lucky (If the item that tries to drop but cant cuz everyone has it, Change it so something that CAN drop --Would be nice)

Very true... 3/5 here and stuck... [E] [VE] spams about 300+kills in...
By Taint 2020-04-08 18:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My decked out MNK plows through her in 30seconds(not exaggerating)

MNKs Tp feed plus penance nerfs her to the ground.
I see 1 TP move per fight unless th9 (THF mule) is being stingy with the proc.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-08 20:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Demhar said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

This is true.

Very true... 3/5 here and stuck... [E] [VE] spams about 300+kills in...

Did you make sure to use Bounty Shot? xD
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-08 20:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

My decked out MNK plows through her in 30seconds(not exaggerating)

MNKs Tp feed plus penance nerfs her to the ground.
I see 1 TP move per fight unless th9 (THF mule) is being stingy with the proc.

Good to know!
By Draylo 2020-04-08 21:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

30s from engage? Or including buffs/trusts lol. Well my BLU typically clears 60~90s after engage. Plenty of jobs can solo or duo this quite easily on E, so its not MNK or nothing. It might be the fastest due to the penance because her TP moves suck, but don't get discouraged if you dont have a decked out MNK.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-04-09 00:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

srsly i dont think difficulty gives you any bonuses other than more rock drops. my ls did 5 D and 2 VD one day last week and got.. a sword. lol. it really sucks that you're not guaranteed a drop on VD even if it would be a weapon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-09 03:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SE specifically stated that killing the extra adds will open up additional drop slots, and the additional monsters appear only in N-VD. Though, to date, I have yet to see one person confirm that doing this method can yield multiple Malignance armor pieces; we've seen the accessories and weapons drop along with a Malignance piece, but I haven't seen multiple Malignance pieces on any difficulty mentioned. The content has been out long enough so that if it were possible, we would have seen it by now. Thus, I think it's safe to say that you cannot get multiple pieces of Malignance armor on any one run, regardless of difficulty. Unless someone can prove otherwise.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-09 04:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So your theory is that malignance set is exclusive drop from Lilith and not from the adds?

EDIT: my impression about this is that almost none does VD or VD killing adds. Youtube has just one vid of clearing Lilith more adds. The others are either rushing to beat Lilith or just some random VE, E, N.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-04-09 04:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For reference, in 22 VD runs with 3 adds killed and TH5/6 we got 7 swords, 2 clubs and 15 Malignance armor pieces.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-09 04:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the first time I have seen two malignance armor pieces drop in one run. Great to be proven wrong there, as I had always thought it was just one armor max per Lilith. That must have been quite rare.
By Taint 2020-04-09 07:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

30s from engage? Or including buffs/trusts lol. Well my BLU typically clears 60~90s after engage. Plenty of jobs can solo or duo this quite easily on E, so its not MNK or nothing. It might be the fastest due to the penance because her TP moves suck, but don't get discouraged if you dont have a decked out MNK.

25-30 seconds from engage (Focus wears off right before or after I kill), about 2min total in zone.

SAM has a similar clear time but is much more risky due to multiple TP moves and Amnesia can mess up your 5 step.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 47 48 49