Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: patience
By Fenrir.Phalon 2020-01-03 15:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Cerberus.Hideka said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
All drops took 427 clears on VE as THF for me.
>_>;;;

ive gotten the Pole, sword, Earring, Body and now head, in only like twelve runs on VE as a Redmage using Lion II for TH >_>;

Are you cursed? Do you need to see a priest or something?
That's nothing compared to my record of 0 armor drops in 400 E runs with TH4.
I did 300ish D runs and saw 4 pieces of armor. I finally figured out how to do. VD and after 20 runs I saw 1 piece drop.

I sincerely don’t think killing her without killing the adds does anything to drop rate. I see better success when I wait a week between runs then running constantly for the week WITHOUT killing adds. Haven’t been able to kill adds yet but I may try next week.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-03 15:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

About that, does Lion II have TH2 Trait? Or any of the Trusts for that matter? I just looked through them and saw several with straight outlined TH-1 and others with simply “Treasure Hunter” or is this something that hasn’t really been checked or takes time to confirm?
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-03 15:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
All drops took 427 clears on VE as THF for me.
>_>;;;

ive gotten the Pole, sword, Earring, Body and now head, in only like twelve runs on VE as a Redmage using Lion II for TH >_>;

Are you cursed? Do you need to see a priest or something?

....*** off lol....

I swear some of you trolling. Up to almost 75 runs, mostly VE on THF with TH10 at least and i've gotten no armor.
[+]
By trinironnie 2020-01-03 17:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I would recommend doing E on THF personally. Using the gimp strategy is very fast and nearly fool-proof:

Use preferred trusts but make Ajido is useful if you get an early Thorn. Melee her until she spawns a Gyve and then just switch to engage that thing and just Evisceration spam her from the side.

DNC and THF share lots of the same gear and weapons so the differences shouldn’t be much and there’s always the benefit of boosted TH. The drop rate is something like what? 10%? or so d
For E? It sucks but hang in there, something will eventually give.

I’ve been doing the Eijin SAM Zerg D/VD Method if we’re on at the same times I can invite, I could use a proper TH tag though instead of my lolTHF sub + Chaac Belt. Need Hands and Legs so I can be done with this damn thing
Can i avoid charm with the Gyve trick?
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-03 18:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

trinironnie said: »
I would recommend doing E on THF personally. Using the gimp strategy is very fast and nearly fool-proof:

Use preferred trusts but make Ajido is useful if you get an early Thorn. Melee her until she spawns a Gyve and then just switch to engage that thing and just Evisceration spam her from the side.

DNC and THF share lots of the same gear and weapons so the differences shouldn’t be much and there’s always the benefit of boosted TH. The drop rate is something like what? 10%? or so d

I’ve been doing the Eijin SAM Zerg D/VD Method if we’re on at the same times I can invite, I could use a proper TH tag though instead of my lolTHF sub + Chaac Belt. Need Hands and Legs so I can be done with this damn thing

Lol yup, I doubt she’ll get any other TP moves off after that. Plus, you can position yourself so that you’re not facing her if you want to be extra sure and just “unlock” > turn > Evisceration her face lol
By kishr 2020-01-03 20:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

wow.... just tried the gyve trick.... thats insane. THX!
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-03 21:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What trusts are folks using THF/E? Do you bother using a tank?

Even using the gyve trick I am finding it hard to stay alive. Running August/Selhteus/Koru/Kupipi/Yoran.
By kishr 2020-01-03 21:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf/war
Seltheus, brygid, korumoru, Kupipi, yoranoran(or w/e whm)
And ws is eviceration only
TP off gyve after it pops and ws lilith
I've only been doing ve, and got 2 armor. In under 50 wins.
Hope that helps.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-03 21:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Thf/war
Seltheus, brygid, korumoru, Kupipi, yoranoran(or w/e whm)
And ws is eviceration only
TP off gyve after it pops and ws lilith
I've only been doing ve, and got 2 armor. In under 50 wins.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback. Just convinced I have the worst luck. Going straight for 3 days now and nothing.
By kishr 2020-01-03 21:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Use SaTa and Feint once the timer is ready and WS her after those abil.
I dont even use empy feet, relic hands and belt anymore except for Tag.
Thats what I've been doing, got all weapons and 2 armor in under 50 turns.
Use a Panacea(from curio mog) if needed. It removes all debuffs for 20k gill. Bio, tp/hp/MP down, all in 1 shot.
By Korgull 2020-01-03 22:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to give some insight, i teamed up with an ls mate, SCH and THF on E difficulty for about a week, and we did about 14 to 21 runs everyday. I remember getting 1-2 pieces on bad days, and sometimes we got 2-4. So in my conclusion, it's worth stepping up the difficulty, and maybe teaming with a friend that has the enough perseverance to spam till you get the pieces.

Edit: I'm 4/5, missing legs, and my friend is 3/5, missing body/hands. We invited some ls mates and gave them repeated drops, but i don't remember how many pieces we handed out.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-04 04:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
wow.... just tried the gyve trick.... thats insane. THX!

Happy to help, it’s been repeated a few times in the thread already but I’m glad we helped it reach you guys
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-04 04:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Korgull said: »
So in my conclusion, it's worth stepping up the difficulty

Yup, this particular BC seems to scale drastically with Difficulty so whatever difficulty you can handle, do it. It’s unfortunate that the fight gets Pear-Shaped the instant you hit Normal but that just means that you’re gonna have to get some help.

I think SAM might be able to Solo Normal with Trusts but he/she’d need Yaegasumi. MNK can almost do it too but she gets TP around 40% HP and ends up *** you over. Admittedly though, I only have Vereth 15 so perhaps with the SU5 H2H you’d have enough SB-II to kill her 1st form without issue? Anyone ever attempt it?
By kishr 2020-01-04 22:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not convinced th does anything at all. It's rng.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-04 22:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course TH does something; it's a direct drop off of a mob and the drop slots aren't guaranteed.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-01-04 22:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

trinironnie said: »

Lol yup, I doubt she’ll get any other TP moves off after that. Plus, you can position yourself so that you’re not facing her if you want to be extra sure and just “unlock” > turn > Evisceration her face lol
Which trusts do you use specifically?
By kishr 2020-01-04 23:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
aren't guaranteed.
Ty
So my run/dark friend has more luck than me as a thf(th14)
Getting armor drops faster me as a thf.
Where is this guarantee?
Fyi:brygid is a badass
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-04 23:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's called bad luck, not TH not applying.
By kishr 2020-01-04 23:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Aka rng
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-05 11:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Me? AAEV, Joachim , Kupippi, Yoran, Qultada
Lots of people like Sehl'Teus but I guess I haven't used him enough to find why he's so special?

Its very generic for the most part, AAEV will pull hate while I TH tag and hold it til I throw a TA Rudra on her, by then is about when Lilith is about to TP. full TH at the start just to stack w/e I can in the short time. Once they Gyve spawns I move to that and the other Trusts are just support at that point while I use the Gimp Method. With a solid Evisceration set should be doing around 25-30k with Kaja Knife. My trust setup is probably not the most efficient but I find that it doesn't really matter when doing it like this?

Edit:
None of this is my idea by the way, this was all brought up first I think by Melphina? some 15 or 20 pages ago. It was damn good advice so I'm just re-sharing what was already covered.

Now if I'm actually fighting her, I'll drop Kupippi for Ajido because he's SUPER quick to dispel. Otherwise I treat the fight like it's Glassy Gorger, turn frequently just in case she tries something, etc etc. But I recommend the Gimp method unless you're bored and just "Want the Fight"
By DononofSylph 2020-01-05 11:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of people like Sehl'Teus but I guess I haven't used him enough to find why he's so special?

Its very generic for the most part, AAEV will pull hate while I TH tag and hold it til I throw a TA Rudra on her, by then is about when Lilith is about to TP. full TH at the start just to stack w/e I can in the short time. Once they Gyve spawns I move to that and the other Trusts are just support at that point while I use the Gimp Method. With a solid Evisceration set should be doing around 25-30k with Kaja Knife. My trust setup is probably not the most efficient but I find that it doesn't really matter when doing it like this?

Edit:
None of this is my idea by the way, this was all brought up first I think by Melphina? some 15 or 20 pages ago. It was damn good advice so I'm just re-sharing what was already covered.

Now if I'm actually fighting her, I'll drop Kupippi for Ajido because he's SUPER quick to dispel. Otherwise I treat the fight like it's Glassy Gorger, turn frequently just in case she tries something, etc etc. But I recommend the Gimp method unless you're bored and just "Want the Fight"

He uses Rejuvenation which heals HP and MP for the entire party almost every 30 secs when he has TP...he is a must add for many fights, its extremely OP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-05 12:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rejuvenation also gives every party member 600~ TP in addition to the heal. Assuming he doesn't use his TP to close a light SC, he will almost always use this move if two people are in yellow, making him extremely useful since he's the only trust that can consistently curaga. He can also aoe heal mp, which is a very unique ability. He'll also use it if people are asleep and he is not. He has his own regain trait, meaning you can summon him last and he gets free TP for not attacking anything. Since he doesn't move in on an enemy, you can use this to your advantage to not have him feed TP. The real question is how are you NOT using Seltheus?

And I don't know how people still don't think treasure Hunter helps for drops. It increases probability, and even in a very small amount, that helps. Just because you get drops slower than one random person doesn't mean it's not working.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-05 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Rejuvenation also gives every party member 600~ TP in addition to the heal. Assuming he doesn't use his TP to close a light SC, he will almost always use this move if two people are in yellow, making him extremely useful since he's the only trust that can consistently curaga. He can also aoe heal mp, which is a very unique ability. He'll also use it if people are asleep and he is not. He has his own regain trait, meaning you can summon him last and he gets free TP for not attacking anything. Since he doesn't move in on an enemy, you can use this to your advantage to not have him feed TP. The real question is how are you NOT using Seltheus?

And I don't know how people still don't think treasure Hunter helps for drops. It increases probability, and even in a very small amount, that helps. Just because you get drops slower than one random person doesn't mean it's not working.

Ahhh that explains why I never really touched him then. I didn't get really heavy into soloing Content until I got Tizona on BLU. Tizona is essentially Infinite MP, TP Generation is handled by default, and HP is also defaulted to either Magic Fruit or Sanguine Blade. So Sehl'Teus is largely useless for a Tizona BLU, hince why I never gave him enough time to realize he was good lol. Complete oversight on my part.

But knowing what he can do now? Definitely will pick him up much more often.

Edit:
I agree 100% on Treasure Hunter. Even the baseline traits "Re-Rolling" the drops helps tons. The TH3-14 stuff? mehh.. idk how useful that really is but TH2 Trait FOR SURE is wonderful.
 Bahamut.Kwech
Server: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2020-01-05 12:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seth does like to sc sometimes. Can’t remember if he makes darkness or not. But in my 150ish runs for my set (half E, half VE) I found that simply using at least two healer trusts did the job.

Though yes he is very good for the reasons listed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-05 12:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I found him extremely useful when soloing Alexander on Normal. Since he does a full reset move on everyone, including mage MP, you can position Seltheus to be behind Alex so that he'll never gain or feed TP from melee attacks (Alex takes no damage from behind), which limits his TP to only regain trait. If you summon him last, he'll only use rejuvenation and you get a free cure after the reset. It's a unique move where you can get use out of. The MP healing part is less about you as a player and more about your trust mages. But like all fights, he is situation dependant. I've started using him on Cait Sith easy solo, since that holy move can be deadly.

Anyways, derail
[+]
By Nariont 2020-01-05 12:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kwech said: »
Seth does like to sc sometimes. Can’t remember if he makes darkness or not. But in my 150ish runs for my set (half E, half VE) I found that simply using at least two healer trusts did the job.

Though yes he is very good for the reasons listed.

Sel' WS/SC AI is pretty predictable, if hes over 2k and someone WS' hell try to close it, if he hits 3k and no WS is used/rejuv check doesnt register hell WS on his own, if player HP hits a certain % and i think anyone else is damaged hell use rejuv, dont remember if hell do it if only the player is hurt
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-05 13:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It does require multiple people to be in yellow or sleep to be activated. I recall him using it on quetz after a sleepga
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-05 14:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Treasure_Hunter
Here is a breakdown of Treasure Hunter of what we know so far (Because SE doesn't like outright telling us how anything works most of the time) All of this is still theory but has been a subject of testing and research since this game's release.

Treasure system in FFXI is sort of similar to a Spawn system for an NM.
When you kill the target, you have a chance that your treasure will "Spawn".
Treasure Hunter - I, Re-Rolls the "Spawn" if it initially fails, giving you a second chance at it.

Treasure Hunter - II, Re-Rolls again if the first two fail, giving you a substantially better chance of getting stuff because the game treats it as though you've killed it 3 times.

Treasure Hunter - III, is unclear but appears to be a percentile increase to the base drop rate. But please note that its NOT additive. So if the NM only has a 10% chance of dropping actual Treasure, TH-14 (Assuming it counts the first two) should increase that by 14% making the Treasure Spawn chance 11.4% (Also assuming the game doesn't floor the number to 11)

What we don't know is if TH from gear has the same weight as the actual Treasure Hunter Traits 1 and 2 or if they are simply Additive Treasure Hunter III effects. Myself and Ladyofhonor on the THF forums have recently starting asking if anyone had info on this, to my knowledge this hasn't been tested.

We learned from King Behemoth and other NMs with Locked-Drops that a Treasure Fail caused by the player(s) already having the r/e item that attempted to hit the treasure pool will NOT grant a Re-Roll.

So hopefully anyone that was previously on the fence now understands that for NMs like this one where an Item Slot only has a chance of "Spawning" on kill? Treasure Hunter is absolutely great to have. Strongly recommended for no other reason at all other than the Re-Rolls.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-05 18:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright so...I would say my first 70~ runs were like 65 VE/10E. And I was at 0 armor drops.

Did about 25~ Easy runs between yesterday and today and I've gotten the head and body to drop. So if you can bump up to E and win reliably (figuring out how to to the gyve trick without dying is key) I recommend it.

That being said, rng is rng so spamming VE mindlessly while watching netflix is fine too...I suppose I was just having terrible luck.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-01-05 20:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit:

I wanted your trusts since you manage to clear with those, so there is no good or bad, there is just whether or not you can clear with those. Thanks.

What's the "gimp method"? Is it the TPing on the Gyve?
Seems pretty simple overall, I've only ever done E on PUP but THF would be more convenient so I'm interested in trying.
My THF is rather gimp I'd say, I don't have a whole lot of specific gear for it and barely have any JPs in it, but I guess it'll just be slower.

I was mainly curious regarding your positioning and the trusts's, everything else seems pretty straight forward.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 47 48 49