2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16
By clearlyamule 2019-08-08 12:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Again, here's the thing. This is supposed to be MNK's "thing". They stole MNKs HP advantage. They stole MNKs subtle blow. They stole MNKs counter. dafuq. THEY STOLE CHAKRA TOO!

Sam does it faster, safer, even with "gear sacrifices"
dey took our jerbs!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 12:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say MNK was the best thing for this fight, I said people were excited to have another fight MNK was good for.

SAM using a fusenaikyo for 75 SBII is still giving 80% more tp over time than MNK is due to lack of penance. SAM's counter is nowhere near as good as MNK's. The HP advantage is still there, and exaggerated with mantra.

Sure, for this particular fight SAM has it easier. I would rather have MNK on Kin, Odin, or Cait Sith. The fact remains it's another place that MNK has use, and people are relearning the value of limiting TP(albeit years later than they should have).

For all the hate MNK gets, it's got more unique value than many other DPS jobs that are less hated(DRG, THF, DNC, NIN?).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 12:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk doesn't have anything unique that's (part of) the problem.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-08-08 14:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm not debating if other jobs* can clear the fight just as efficiently or faster, especially when they have Mew. Theoretically, Monk should be able to clear this without the aid of Cait Sith, so it's slightly different scenario.

*No surpsise SAM blows MNK away in damage/SCD potential. It can prebuff max TP (tacticians), split it in half, and prep Meditate for a near-instant win. I would love to see the same done without a mew, which would pretty much prove Monk has no real SB/TP limiting advantage at all.

The video Rua posted literally shows this done with MNK and no Caitsith – multiple times actually. That should make MNK the safest option for this fight, whether using Caitsith or not.

Whether SAM can do it with or without Mewling Lullaby a little bit faster shouldn't make it the absolute better option. MNK shreds this thing with very little risk to the outcome of the fight. With SAM, or any other DD, there is more risk involved.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 14:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not worth it, everyone here is too sure of themselves to ever backpedal about it. Enjoy MNK if you like it, it's certainly nice for this kind of stuff, regardless of what the echo chamber has to say.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 14:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I use MNK more than most people. Just honest about the situation.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 14:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If it has nothing unique, why do you use it..? If you're advocating strategies about tp feed, why wouldn't you use it?

Fact is, unless SAM is using Fusenaikyo, it feeds over twice the TP/time of MNK. Even with it, it's significantly more. It's fine for this fight because it dies so quickly a single mewing will prevent the mob TPing.

If you wanted to do multiple DPS or a longer fight, SAM does not have the same advantage MNK does in terms of TP. It's not even close.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 14:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I use it cause I'm lazy. less heals, less risks, less effort but that's because I don't give a ***if it takes 29 minutes to win. Which is also why I'm not even considering using MNK on this. Why would I when I have PUP(s) and Nirvana(s)

To that point, tbh, I'm just going to buy all the wins I can from realmnk anyway, when the opportunity presents itself.

Everybody else; "lol your strat takes 30 seconds, get good scrub we do it in 29 seconds, just quit playing"
By Mrgrim 2019-08-08 15:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayyyyy is it me or did this turned into a mnk hating thread? Lol
By SimonSes 2019-08-08 15:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Ayyyyy is it me or did this turned into a mnk hating thread? Lol

Its you.

It's just the same ***all over again.

We have 3 main groups of people relevant to mnk topic.

1. People playing mnk and getting hyped whenever mnk is viable and trying to advocate to use mnk whenever than happens.
2. People playing mnk and not getting hyped whenever mnk is viable, trying to cool down the hype of group 1. because they try to keep it real and objectively accurate
3. People who hates on mnk

People from group 1. always think they argue with group 3. while usually they argue with group 2.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-08 15:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That ain't it Simon. There's dozens of workable strategies that have been discussed. Couple people posted a strat using Monk and then the usual crowd came in with the "yeah but XYZ can do it better, who cares"? Notice the only job to ever get that kind of reaction is Monk. You post a PUP strat. Who cares. SMN burn? Seen it before. How about zerg it in seconds with sam? No problem. Monk? AW HELL NAW

I don't think anyone is saying that Monk is the best for this (or any) months ambuscade, or fights in general. It's a simple fight. There isn't one month where a Monk strategy wouldn't work. But for some reason, if you show or explain anything involving Monk, it immediately gets criticism.

I was the first person to suggest using Monk, twice, as a simple and winnable strategy, where Eiryl's very first comment says pets or erinys style thf. Video pops up of Monk doing it faster without either of those gimmicks and all hell breaks loose. My god
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 15:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are the optimal/preferred setups, yeah.
The video people need to see is the one where it's all mnk/dnc/nin with no brd/cor/geo and no one gets Quenching Hammered.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-08 15:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
The video Rua posted literally shows this done with MNK and no Caitsith – multiple times actually.

I know this, he was planning to use it though (didn't go off in second video). What I meant was, you don't even need to bring Cait Sith to the fight, which frees up the spot for something else if you like. If we're going to compare apples here, let's do it. Show the video of SAM doing it without the cat

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-08-08 17:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Im having a brake. Can anyone tell me if that frog only takes good damage from Light SC or Darkness SC is also effective?
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-08-08 17:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Since Im having a brake. Can anyone tell me if that frog only takes good damage from Light SC or Darkness SC is also effective?
Both are great on it. On VD Dancer was doing 80-90k Darkness.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-08 17:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Both effective. Capped darkness with my mediocre thief, doing leaden > torcleaver > Rudras. Had inundation and chaos for buffs, attack food.
By sefalon 2019-08-08 19:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the monk ambuscade weapon on VD?
By clearlyamule 2019-08-08 19:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
based on the resistance chart only fire and water are bad and only thunder is slightly better than the rest. So yeah level 3 light should be slightly better
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 19:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said: »

In what context? It's obviously not rema. Dude in the video only lockstyles them over Godhands. (cause, like, they glow n stuff, yea)

Can you solo DD with them (and cait sith) Probably. Without cait sith, probably not.
By Mrgrim 2019-08-08 20:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In what context? It's obviously not rema. Dude in the video only lockstyles them over Godhands. (cause, like, they glow n stuff, yea)

Can you solo DD with them (and cait sith) Probably. Without cait sith, probably not.

I like glowy stuff P:
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 21:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude in the video that I referenced (with fire fists) Mrgrim

Dude in the other video that I'm not talking about Rua, who likes su5
By missdivine 2019-08-08 23:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like Xiucoatl pups in negation
By clearlyamule 2019-08-09 00:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So did some quenching hammer testing. Effected by dt/mdt. Effect by targets int (probably mob too but didn't check) and didn't test as well but seems like mdb too.

Appears to be light dmg. Light spirit from /smn 2990 dmg while all others took 6675. Assume the reason it wasn't exactly 1/2 dmg was due to whm job of light spirit

Putting shell on my party didn't make damage change but putting it on the person getting hit made it go down ~11% so can gather some buffs like shell don't make the move stronger and that it does damage before the dispel portion.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-09 01:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm, Quenching Hammer is Light based. Tenebrae runes.
Liement could be used as a backup in certain setups. Sucks it still full dispels though, so probably only use is a last resort to stay alive.

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-08-09 03:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a neat discovery actually.
By ryukin182 2019-08-09 16:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can geo's silence this on VD?
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-08-09 18:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but the real benefit of having a GEO in your party is the bubbles that the frog is immune to so the inability to silence it is really just the cherry on top.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-09 18:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still have geo buffs, for specific setups. and if GEO happens to be capable of silencing, you could cut the RDM slot. (not that that's a good idea, inundation is pretty good) but, options.

But, being that it's immune to langour, it'll probably take quite a few casts to hit it on GEO.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16