Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-07 22:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm,Smn,Sam,Sam,Cor,War. Easy 3min wins on VD.
1 sam is tank. Rdm silence. tact + allies, Smn Mew/PC. Dont engage. do 5step.

Predator claw >> Fudo >> Upheaval >> Savage Blade >> Fudo. Dead.

Month is stupid easy.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-07 22:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Any combination of jobs able to make a multistep while reducing TP feed (mew, chi blast, yurin, despoil) will net a workable strategy. RDM can throw in Inundation and COR can use Tact/Chaos and your SCs will wreck it. Braindead easy month.

Of course the Gallatry Campaign month would be easy, as was the last one. So it's basically useless.
By Mrgrim 2019-08-07 22:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

day1 said: »
Dear Mr Grim,

when does the student become the teacher?

Setup: DRK, COR, BRD, Trustx3 (healerx2, KoH)
45 seconds after buffing. VD

YouTube Video Placeholder

p.s. 1HR zerg so it's not a real run lol.

You did good young padawan, you did good.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 23:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
SkyFrog said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
日本語 The にほん players at the moment seem to be using: Sam OR Thf, Brd, Geo (Indi-buffs), Smn (Mew), Pld, Rdm.
*Then have DD quickly kill the mob with self SCs.

Senaki, do you realize that "日本語" means Japanese language and not Japanese people/players?

Crazy Senaki!

Better?
日本人 would be better.

Hmm I see. So it's pronounced:
にほんひと?
人 means person ?
By kishr 2019-08-08 01:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, its hito and also Jin and many other sounds.

This not a japanese class thread.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 01:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Some salty mercs this month, stop trying to rip noobs off with 10m and chillax
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-08-08 03:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Mrgrim said: »
Guys, guys here is the winner winner chicken dinner setup for this ambu. Also don't judge my recording skills, because this is my first time recording so be nice! My setup is MNK BRD COR WHM RDM SMN and this has been my most efficient setup for this ambu. In fact in this recording this was the fastest kill so far, roughly 1 minute lol. Relevant part starts at 1:28 or so, Fight at 2:55. We get unlucky in silencing this sucker on this run but he melted.

PS: I gotta learn how to record on single window :/, Also eff yeah subtle blow.

Frog downed in just under 1:00, Mewling Lullaby not used. SMN got Cait out in the second clip but Cait died before it could be used. We just kept Ifrit out for the Double Attack really. No SP abilities used.

Chaos/Samurai Roll
Honor March / Madrigal / Minuet / Minuet
Hastega II / Crystal Blessing / Crimson Howl / Ifrit's Favor

Keeping the Moonbow Belt +1, Sherida Earring and Niqmaddu Ring on for weapon skills is crucial, especially Asuran since it hits 8 times. Tornado Kick is 2 hits instead of Raging Fist's 5, had a much easier time using it instead.

ItemSet 348944

ItemSet 362248

ItemSet 361806
[+]
By missdivine 2019-08-08 08:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade VD spam 40 secs fight. SMN x3 astral flow, rdm for silence, pup tank, cor buffs.

[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-08-08 08:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So, how much Gallantry do you need to buy everything? Thinking it will be a common problem for people this month.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-08 08:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody should have any problems with Gallantry with the coming campaign and all, given how easy/cheap the month is and how short the lines are.

(75 ea) Tukukuku/Bronze/Byne 1500(3) = 4500
(1 ea) Lungo/Montiont/Hundred 2000(3) = 6000
(250) Plutons = 12500
(1) Marrow = 30000
----------------------------------------
53,000 Gallantry total to cap rema mats
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-08-08 08:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So, my brothers char is basically geo and brd.

He has pup, and he has at least 100 jp. What would I need to do to get him able to do this on pup.
By Wotasu 2019-08-08 09:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

He has pup, and he has at least 100 jp. What would I need to do to get him able to do this on pup.

How geared is his brd? Drk Sam or Mnk(and probably thf dnc etc) can self sc it to death easy enough with songs, rolls, silence and Mew.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-08-08 09:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

His brd is REA, so good enough for this.

Asura is kind of weird though, either you have to pay for a merc or you join a ronstadt pug, and that’s not going to win. The melees that can easily sc it to death without getting the hammer don’t do pugs. They want to charge you for joining.
By Wotasu 2019-08-08 09:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooner or later someones going to start shouting for rdm and brd, when the normal goto person feels they have enough points. And the brd job is easy enough. But by all means gear pup, doesnt hurt. I however have -10 knowledge about pup >_>.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-08 09:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

His brd is REA, so good enough for this.

Asura is kind of weird though, either you have to pay for a merc or you join a ronstadt pug, and that’s not going to win. The melees that can easily sc it to death without getting the hammer don’t do pugs. They want to charge you for joining.
No thats just lazy *** people who dont make there own runs. shouting for a PUG isnt hard. Idk why so many people are scared.
By Mrgrim 2019-08-08 09:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Guys, guys here is the winner winner chicken dinner setup for this ambu. Also don't judge my recording skills, because this is my first time recording so be nice! My setup is MNK BRD COR WHM RDM SMN and this has been my most efficient setup for this ambu. In fact in this recording this was the fastest kill so far, roughly 1 minute lol. Relevant part starts at 1:28 or so, Fight at 2:55. We get unlucky in silencing this sucker on this run but he melted.

PS: I gotta learn how to record on single window :/, Also eff yeah subtle blow.

Frog downed in just under 1:00, Mewling Lullaby not used. SMN got Cait out in the second clip but Cait died before it could be used. We just kept Ifrit out for the Double Attack really. No SP abilities used.

Chaos/Samurai Roll
Honor March / Madrigal / Minuet / Minuet
Hastega II / Crystal Blessing / Crimson Howl / Ifrit's Favor

Keeping the Moonbow Belt +1, Sherida Earring and Niqmaddu Ring on for weapon skills is crucial, especially Asuran since it hits 8 times. Tornado Kick is 2 hits instead of Raging Fist's 5, had a much easier time using it instead.

ItemSet 348944

ItemSet 362248

ItemSet 361806

We can all agree that this is a mnk month when it comes to fast clearings lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-08 09:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont think 2-3 min vs 5-6 matters, there are tons of working setups

but you can't blame someone for being excited at another fight mnk is good for, after saevel spent most of last year telling the mnk forums they have no use and tp doesn't matter
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-08 10:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon 4/5 with pet DT, Anwig Salade, Midnights, Animator P, Ambu cape, and NQ accessories should be enough. You'll want other PUPs with you for safety and you'll have to Repair some, but you'll be alright.
 Bahamut.Dbaggins
Server: Bahamut
user: Dvnnz
By Bahamut.Dbaggins 2019-08-08 10:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

but you can't blame someone for being excited at another fight mnk is good for, after saevel spent most of last year telling the mnk forums they have no use and tp doesn't matter

^ this. Between Odin htbf and this months ambu I’m plenty happy that I can easily clear with my monk, good excuse to bust it out every once in awhile over the typical melee zerg it down setups.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-08-08 10:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What was SE's reasoning behind giving so few Dynamis currency options in Ambuscade rewards?
By Shichishito 2019-08-08 11:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
What was SE's reasoning behind giving so few Dynamis currency options in Ambuscade rewards?
barance.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 11:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, here's the thing. Having 75 subtle blow isn't unique to MNK. You can do the literal same thing, the literal same speed with all the other DD too. Just sub chiblast for a mew or two.

SAM can probably do it, with auspice(?), and even has blade bash plague.
By SimonSes 2019-08-08 11:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I mean, here's the thing. Having 75 subtle blow isn't unique to MNK. You can do the literal same thing, the literal same speed with all the other DD too. Just sub chiblast for a mew or two.

SAM can probably do it, with auspice(?), and even has blade bash plague.

Ejin used multistep SAM like always and his fight time was 24 sec. Twice as fast as MNK. One Mew was used I believe. So yeah...

By Wotasu 2019-08-08 11:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We did Sam main yesterday, around 1min kill~ I had time for 2~3 Mew's using Apogee.
I think with Mew you could probably use any self sc'ing DD with good sets. Drk Dnc Thf War or Drg. Atleast worth trying for fun.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-08 11:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not quite the same actually. Monk is going to counter a good chunk of hits directed at it (as seen in Rua's video). This is a "lite" form of TP reduction that goes overlooked, as the monster basically misses for that attack round and gains nothing. Shijin Spiral's plague effect also appears to be stronger than the BG wiki page implies. Nobody ever includes the 10% reduction in TP given from Subtle Blow gifts. I'm not entirely sure it is something separate from SB/SBII caps, or if its deducted after your final SB hits land. It may even reduce TP down further than we know. Monk melee/ws sets don't even require a change, as most of the SB items are in Monk's sets anyways. Other jobs will need to go out of their way to accommodate it in their WS sets at least. The SB advantage Monk has is significant, from a gear and attacking perspective. Chi Blast basically frees up a party slot entirely, so you're free to bring something like a THF that can close a huge WS, and even add Despoil to the mix.

So yeah, it's not exactly the "literal same thing".

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-08 11:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, here's the thing. This is supposed to be MNK's "thing". They stole MNKs HP advantage. They stole MNKs subtle blow. They stole MNKs counter. dafuq. THEY STOLE CHAKRA TOO!

Sam does it faster, safer, even with "gear sacrifices"
By SimonSes 2019-08-08 11:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

@Buuki You can clearly see on Ejin video that you dont need any extra SB on SAM, because that frog just melts.

Also in such a short fight, most people on MNK should imo try to just take advantage of Impetus and Focus over forcing some bad WSs to make multistep. Shijin > VS > VS for double light, then spam VS is probably more optimal.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-08 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not debating if other jobs* can clear the fight just as efficiently or faster, especially when they have Mew. Theoretically, Monk should be able to clear this without the aid of Cait Sith, so it's slightly different scenario.

*No surpsise SAM blows MNK away in damage/SCD potential. It can prebuff max TP (tacticians), split it in half, and prep Meditate for a near-instant win. I would love to see the same done without a mew, which would pretty much prove Monk has no real SB/TP limiting advantage at all.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16