There's a SMN in that video.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 14:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lul. SMN is the key job.

Did we really need a video for the obvious strat though? Do a video doing something other than the known strat.

Asura.Bratgurl said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Having to rely on SMN gimmicks is such bull-poppy.
Smn not required at all
*posts video requiring SMN*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPtRNVO6EBo&feature=youtu.be

The video people need to see is the one where it's all mnk/dnc/nin with no brd/cor/geo and no one gets Quenching Hammered.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-08-06 14:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn not required at all.

[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-08-06 14:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Yes it was Valoredge head/frame with Bone Crusher spam. I'm sure the attachments spread may have changed slightly with the recent changes, but it was basically Steam Jacket, MJ4, AP4, OF1/2, and the rest DPS. Flash and Voke also for when your pets die to reclaim hate. The only dangerous part is running in to do repair, but you can easily watch your robots HP, and when it dips significantly, you know Hammer just went off. Can sub whm for Dia2 and reraise/raises and a vile elixir just in case. If doing the OD method with COR resets, probably won't take more than 3-4 minutes now.
Don't forget analyzer.

Last time I did this could kill with 1 cor 2 pups before OD wore off without needing to use repair. If something weird happened and OD wore sometimes needed repair but never had any autos die once I got the setup down
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 14:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The expected strat is to go without buffers so you don't get hammered.

It just so happens they aren't smart enough to nerf smn and mew works on it.

Standard operation. Set up elaborate detailed method to keep people from steamrolling thing... lolnopesmn

What really doesn't make sense, is they will let mew work on damn near everything. But still cap subtleblow at 75.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2019-08-06 14:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
PUP Overdrive party should be even better than it was during frog part deuce, given the changes to attachments. You don't actually need OD, just 3-4 halfway decent PUPs, a Corsair, and maybe a DRG for Angon or DNC for stacked steps. We were able to do VD last time this method, but it takes a little longer. OD makes it significantly faster.

There's probably a good strategy that involves 1-2 Monk and 1-2 SMNs using Mew and Chi Blast rotations with a good multi-step in there. Should be able to reset his TP before he ever has a chance to use hammer (unless he has a regain effect). Maybe add RDM in the mix to cripple him so you can skip the tank part.

I don't recall anyone actually trying it the non-buff/providence (adds spawn) method, but maybe a supertank could handle that and bring some DRG/SAM/WAR/DNC/THF for debuffs. Might be a messy strat, but it's worth trying if you have a good tank/healer.
Can confirm. Used to hammer every time. Never saw it use providence except in weird times when I got too close and tried wipe recovery. Used to tri box this all the time on VD using 2 pup and 1 cor. Was a little hairy without OD since autos would actually take damage then but not too bad. iirc though it did something weird and ranged autos weren't doing so well.

I'm really interested in trying to tribox this on PUP as it seems a lot more fun than last time's RS > RS darkness + Mew method. What are you using for sets doing this? Standard Bonecrusher + Taeon tanking sets, DA Taeon or something more tailored to the situation?
By clearlyamule 2019-08-06 14:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
PUP Overdrive party should be even better than it was during frog part deuce, given the changes to attachments. You don't actually need OD, just 3-4 halfway decent PUPs, a Corsair, and maybe a DRG for Angon or DNC for stacked steps. We were able to do VD last time this method, but it takes a little longer. OD makes it significantly faster.

There's probably a good strategy that involves 1-2 Monk and 1-2 SMNs using Mew and Chi Blast rotations with a good multi-step in there. Should be able to reset his TP before he ever has a chance to use hammer (unless he has a regain effect). Maybe add RDM in the mix to cripple him so you can skip the tank part.

I don't recall anyone actually trying it the non-buff/providence (adds spawn) method, but maybe a supertank could handle that and bring some DRG/SAM/WAR/DNC/THF for debuffs. Might be a messy strat, but it's worth trying if you have a good tank/healer.
Can confirm. Used to hammer every time. Never saw it use providence except in weird times when I got too close and tried wipe recovery. Used to tri box this all the time on VD using 2 pup and 1 cor. Was a little hairy without OD since autos would actually take damage then but not too bad. iirc though it did something weird and ranged autos weren't doing so well.

I'm really interested in trying to tribox this on PUP as it seems a lot more fun than last time's RS > RS darkness + Mew method. What are you using for sets doing this? Standard Bonecrusher + Taeon tanking sets, DA Taeon or something more tailored to the situation?
Depends on risky you will to get since the hammers can still hurt a bit. Personally I mostly just stayed in the tanking hybrid set. So like the taeon is dt, acc, DA. It's been awhile but I think I kept anwig on. Attachments have been discussed but maneuvers I'd use were light, fire, water to really boost that steam jacket/MJ.

pup has gained a lot sense then so when I get the chance going to try experimenting a bit to optimize
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 15:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »

Depends on risky you will to get since the hammers can still hurt a bit. Personally I mostly just stayed in the tanking hybrid set. So like the taeon is dt, acc, DA. It's been awhile but I think I kept anwig on. Attachments have been discussed but maneuvers I'd use were light, fire, water to really boost that steam jacket/MJ.

pup has gained a lot sense then so when I get the chance going to try experimenting a bit to optimize

This entirely. My PUP was barely over 100 JP last rendition of le'frog, and it was still good enough to tank it for several minutes and push out some DPS. OD really makes it that much more fun. Used exactly the same Taeon/Anwig set and attachments/maneuvers listed above (think I used Condemners for extra DT). Can do the ol voke-ventriloquy-deploy method if you want to start robot with a big hate lead. Should have no problem with this setup. The more PUP you have the easier. Just need to make sure you bring a corsair and don't ever not have rolls up, or it will use Providence and it's most likely a wipe at that point. Just temper your maneuvers based on what you need (swap to 3 light after a hammer, then gradually back to water/fire). One of my more favorite ambu months
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-08-06 15:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have pup built that I never use, but it's only tank gear. I'm guessing I would need super good automaton dd gear to be useful in this ambus as a pup?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 15:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon or Heyoka is good enough. Your robot is stronger this time around due to the attachment adjustments. Should be fine
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-08-06 15:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks! We have a decked out mythic pup in ls, so he'll carry me anyway :p
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-08-06 17:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the ambuscade guy vanish?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-06 17:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Broke since the AB update split. wouldn't appear every time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fallingstars 2019-08-06 19:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lul. SMN is the key job.

Did we really need a video for the obvious strat though? Do a video doing something other than the known strat.

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Having to rely on SMN gimmicks is such bull-poppy.
Smn not required at all
*posts video requiring SMN*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPtRNVO6EBo&feature=youtu.be

The video people need to see is the one where it's all mnk/dnc/nin with no brd/cor/geo and no one gets Quenching Hammered.

Not a smn burn strat is the message i believe
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-06 19:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

nah, she said the same stupid kinda ***before about one that was immune to geo, touting how good using geo was. either a little HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or a bad troll.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 00:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

日本語 at the moment seem to be using: Sam OR Thf, Brd, Geo (Indi-buffs), Smn (Mew), Pld, Rdm.
*Then have DD quickly kill the mob with self SCs.

I'm guessing English players will just Smn burn.
[+]
By missdivine 2019-08-07 00:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did ambu D with a full pup/sch setup, ain't bother with melees on it. Just make sure you stay 40 yalms away popping maneuvers with DT gear on master for pet, /mana jammer 4/steam jacket attachment.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 01:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know how to stop, or avoid, Quenching Hammer. Which seems to insta-kill anything in range besides the tank.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-08-07 01:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Do we know how to stop, or avoid, Quenching Hammer. Which seems to insta-kill anything in range besides the tank.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-07 01:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »

So without support jobs it doesn't do it?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-08-07 01:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK!

I just think we need to see it! xD

Edit: If I can get back on I'll try it out with some MNK
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 01:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quenching Hammer is damage based on buffs, and only used when a job with native MP is present. GEO PLD BRD SMN RUN BLU COR I think were confirmed to cause it.

The exact details, specifically which jobs do and don't cause it weren't fully fleshed out. (because, why the *** bother, just pet burn it...)

If you took DNC main heal and 5 mnk nin dnc war drg it should never do it, tough to silence that way though, but you've got stuns.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 01:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Just did ambu D with a full pup/sch setup, ain't bother with melees on it. Just make sure you stay 40 yalms away popping maneuvers with DT gear on master for pet, /mana jammer 4/steam jacket attachment.
You don't have to be 40 away. It's 30'. The tricky part is it's 30 away from the target of the move so you might think you are fine and actually be fine for a few then bam it switches to another and pwned. Personally when I go in for a quick lookie loo I just park my cor mule 29' away from the frog on the opposite side the autos are on. Let's me see all the damages while being safe
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 01:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quenching Hammer is damage based on buffs, and only used when a job with native MP is present.
The bolded part has been debunked a billion times before. namely all the pup groups going at it.

I'd have to go back thru my notes for more details but I only saw it use the other move once using cor +pups and that was some weird recovery run where I was just holding with 1 pup and the rest dead for awhile
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 01:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pups get hammered because they sub native mp jobs.

Subbing WHM/SCH still counts as "having mp"

6 PUP/NIN should not get hammered. Cors get hammered.
By clearlyamule 2019-08-07 01:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've subbed thf on everyone before still hammer
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-07 01:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you take a cor...?

If you went with no cor and still get hammered, then it's possible pup is on the "get hammered" list.

Could also be the automaton itself counts PLD frame
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16