2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Odin HTBF Discussion
Odin HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
By Taint 2019-07-10 19:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's the absolute last thing they should do, under any and all circumstances.

Then you just get a thousand people spam soloing.

But yeah Odin a little ridiculous on the "*** you die" mechanics. Xanax - Die. Zan kai - Die. Manafont Kaustra - Die. Dread spikes - Die. Drainga - Die. A little unreasonable for pick up content. Super easy to recover, but that's not the point.

All the other high tier fights have a modest gear drop rate. I’m easily over 100 VE with TH4+ and zero drops.

Your average player isn’t winning solo on E. As you said too many FU mechanics.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
By Mrgrim 2019-08-27 01:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming necro bump! A few days ago a gentleman here requested a vid on how to kill it with my monk. Been a while since I fought this and hoped it would be a less than perfect run (which it was). Forgot to do corsair buffs in the beginning so it lost hp relatively slow till I noticed halfway in the fight lol. Anyways this vid shows on how to kill monk style, and shows parts on how to recover when it does buff dispel along being on top of keeping Odin dispelled. Bonus, I died at the end which was funny.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By eeternal 2019-08-27 06:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well done Mrgrim.. show them the mnk power!

RDM is really useful here, for some reason super ultra buffed geo's silence doesn't stick more than 30-40 seconds before he starts to cast.

Great job on the recovery :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [235 days between previous and next post]
By tyalangan 2020-04-17 20:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to suppress/prevent Sanngetail or the intimidation from Yggr?

I have dropped down to 4 boxing Normal because I have had runs where he does Sanngetail three times in a row while my BRD is still on his second song from the previous move. Yggr really slows down the run when my MNK is deadlocked from intimidation for a good 20 seconds. This is with full malignance (not that malignance reduces intimidation effects).

Like Zantetsuken X can be reduced/negated from enough DEF and Odin can be silenced is there a way to do the same with Sanngetail/Yggr? 0/36 on Freke Ring with TH4 and I need 4 of them so any way to speed this up/make it brainless the better.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-17 20:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just stopped bringing BRD for the fight and brought 2 GEOs instead.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-04-17 20:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I could do that. GEO-Barrier/indi-wilt, GEO-Fury/indi-haste.

I was using Minne,march minuet,mad. Dont need mad with Distract3, wilt hopefully/probably replaces minne, haste replaces march, fury hopefully/probably replaces honor/minuet. Cool thanks I'll give it a go.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-05-07 02:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As a question, I know a damage rotation is required but I am not familiar with it. Does simply swapping which WS fulfill the '5 different action' requirements?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-05-07 02:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Odin_Prime
Quote:
Possesses the same Notorious Monster repeat skill damage reduction as in Divergence.

This starts at -10% damage dealt, increases to -25%, -60%, and caps of -85% by use of the same skill seven times.

This reduction is applied to each singular skill and is not reduced in time.

Players must use five other abilities to reset the reduction.

Debuffs such as slow, silence, dispel, etc as well as other weaponskills count towards resetting the penalties.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-07 02:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This thing that debuffs reset penalty is a thing a didnt know. When doing mids in dyna div, i just use 2 WS (ground strike > Leaden) and for sure i dont see -85%.

Though i just wait till 2750 to fire it, hoping time can also reduce penalties.
By Draylo 2020-05-07 03:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Really cant get any easier than using the RDM method with enspells and lvl 1 daggers on VD. Enfeeble him and then whack away. You can use any job combination with that RDM as long as it doesnt feed TP or you'll need to get a way to remove it. SMN if you dont have RDM and subbing NIN.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-05-07 03:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is normally my go to method for this battlefield.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-05-07 08:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Really cant get any easier than using the RDM method with enspells and lvl 1 daggers on VD. Enfeeble him and then whack away. You can use any job combination with that RDM as long as it doesnt feed TP or you'll need to get a way to remove it. SMN if you dont have RDM and subbing NIN.

SMN is nice to pair with RDM. Enfire from Ifrit is significantly stronger than any enspell from RDM.
By Draylo 2020-05-07 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and with the BPs not feeding TP its a nice back up. You'll want to sub ninja though as the RDM won't really be keeping hate even from issuing BPs.
By SimonSes 2020-05-07 10:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and with the BPs not feeding TP its a nice back up. You'll want to sub ninja though as the RDM won't really be keeping hate even from issuing BPs.

BP not feeding TP? Is that some mind shortcut and you mean that you will use Mewing with offensive BP to even things out? Or you want to tell me BPs dont give TP, which would be first time I hear this and I would be shocked if thats true XD
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-07 11:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
BPs dont give TP

This is infact True.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-05-07 15:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is nice to pair with RDM. Enfire from Ifrit is significantly stronger than any enspell from RDM.

I don't have Rdm. :(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [472 days between previous and next post]
By Shichishito 2021-08-22 06:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

couldn't you just throw 5 DD/nin dual wielding low delay weapons and 1 summoner for enfire in there? i always perceived ifrits enfir as a drop of water on a hot stone.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-22 06:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides the fact that that would be much slower. melee enspells get resists. And RDM works because RDM has silence.

How about hastes? How about accuracy? 5 DD with just haste II? No distract. no dispels (well fenrir has a dispel).
By Shichishito 2021-08-22 06:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

2 or more could be BLU/BLM, mighty guard takes care of haste issues. could try elemental seal burst affinity SC MB to see if silent winds silence sticks. reaving wind could take care of the little TP feed caused by the skillchain action and the 2 BLUs only working with occultation.

wasn't a realy serious suggestion, i just don't see how ifrit enfire is stronger than the RDMs enfire version, does the crocea mors shenanigans also work with SMN buffs? could it also work with sharanga?

thing is, one: someone with a easy mode job like RDM probably already has the stuff they want from odin and if they don't it's more tempting to try solo N-VD and keep all drops to yourself.
and two (i can't stress this enough!): screw RDM.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-22 06:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the crocea doesn't get used. it would feed tp. I assume it would work the same when it does get used.

Not sure what or how anything would work with en-light bolt damage. There's no way for them to interact?

If the formula are right, RDM enfire should be 65+, but Ifrit's only ~60 (before job points and enspell+) I don't think you can get 750 summoning skill. I don't remember though.
By Shichishito 2021-08-22 07:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

just noticed orpheus sash can boost SMNs enfire, enaero and enthunder a bit, ifrits enfire went from 117 to 131-132. fenrirs hp/mp drain didn't seem to increase or the base amount drained is so small and variable that i can't tell for sure.
isn't it super weird that they gave some avatars en- spells, some spike spells or both but then there are avatars like titan that get neither. so inconsistent, feels half-assed.

i assume the marine staff +1 would also boost enaero by a bit?
By SimonSes 2021-08-22 08:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I said it several times in last 3 years. Enfire from Ifrit is way stronger than RDM's.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-22 08:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fix the formulas on the wikis if it is

Inferno Howl was last edited in 2017 to say (skill-300)/10 +20 that's lower than RDM
By SimonSes 2021-08-22 08:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Inferno Howl was last edited in 2017 to say (skill-300)/10 +20 that's lower than RDM

I dont know the formula and I dont have time to figure it out, but with 686 skill enfire is 132 dmg. With 657 its 126.
By Draylo 2021-08-22 08:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We always used it for this one. Rdm makes this too easy especially paired with summoner
By SimonSes 2021-08-22 08:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am missing 25 skill I think, so im guessing max enfire from Ifrit is around 137 or something around that.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-22 13:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN's enfire is the only enspell from SMN that is stronger than a RDM's. I have been told by SMNs I trust that this is because the level at which the avatar gets the enspell has an effect on the damage, not just +skill, and the other enspells SMNs have are at a lower level.

Even though you wouldn't want to use a Crocea Mors on this fight due to feeding TP (vs using 1dmg weapons), enspells a RDM receives from an Avatar are boosted with the Su5 sword in the same way because the actual augment is "Sword Enhancement Spell Damage+". That is factored after the math on the enspell itself- if Crocea affected the enspell, you would a) need to wear it during casting and b)it would boost enspell damage that a RDM/SCH accessions to others without it.
By Shichishito 2021-08-22 16:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

it's true, enfire was ahead of the other en- SMN spells. all the others did around 72-98ish or something like that. they also seemed to vary a lot more than enfire which was very consistent but that might just be due to mob targets i've tested.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-22 17:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know the formula and I dont have time to figure it out, but with 686 skill enfire is 132 dmg. With 657 its 126.
Here's a few more numbers.
636 123
635 123
630 121
626 121
629 121
625 121
621 120
620 120
616 118
615 118
600 117
591 114
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [744 days between previous and next post]
By Shichishito 2023-09-06 05:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any reliable D-VD strategies that don't require RDM?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10