New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Odin HTBF Discussion
Odin HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
By Kirinkage 2019-06-30 22:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was mentioned: There seems to be a set effect for equipping the helm and body. The resulting defense is higher than it should be. Coming from a pld making a hybrid dmg set.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-30 23:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirinkage said: »
Not sure if this was mentioned: There seems to be a set effect for equipping the helm and body. The resulting defense is higher than it should be. Coming from a pld making a hybrid dmg set.
Well, I went though all the math on this then refreshed the page by mistake and poof. I'm done.

Anyway, Try accounting for the VIT on the armor when looking at how much def you're getting. And Hjarrandi has a lot of VIT. Armour def + def gains from vit matches up perfectly. I'm not seeing any sign of any sort of def related set bonus.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-30 23:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Naked 374 Def 98 VIT
+155+125 Def + 95 VIT

796 Def

Helm - 191 Def
Body - 231 Def

374+191+231 = 796 as expected
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-07-01 14:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody done this fight with RNGs?

I've been permanently on PUP or RUN or NIN when I've done it, so haven't had the chance yet myself, but I'm curious in particular about how Trueflight performs.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-07-01 20:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
My setup for VD is Mnk Cor Brd WHM GEO and RDM. The fight is a joke with mnk tanking/DDing. 1st thing we do is land silence, enfeebs. Then I engage with my Mnk and go to pound town with 4 steps or 5 steps. I always chi blast in the beginning which helps a lot. If everything goes smooth which is 95% of the time it takes us like a min or 2 to kill it, and at most he does 2-3 tp moves thanks to subtle blow. Killed over 50 times and still have not seen a Zantetsuken X :(

Gave this a whirl today and this subtle blow strat is legit.

If MNK weirds anybody out, DNC or NIN should work too (maybe better), granted you only have the single person attacking, and their subtle blow is capped thru gears/spells/etc.

Out of all the different methods that we've tried, this seems to be the most repeatable, and doesn't require the use of any SPs.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-07-01 21:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
My setup for VD is Mnk Cor Brd WHM GEO and RDM. The fight is a joke with mnk tanking/DDing. 1st thing we do is land silence, enfeebs. Then I engage with my Mnk and go to pound town with 4 steps or 5 steps. I always chi blast in the beginning which helps a lot. If everything goes smooth which is 95% of the time it takes us like a min or 2 to kill it, and at most he does 2-3 tp moves thanks to subtle blow. Killed over 50 times and still have not seen a Zantetsuken X :(

If MNK weirds anybody out, DNC or NIN should work too (maybe better), granted you only have the single person attacking, and their subtle blow is capped thru gears/spells/etc.

Out of all the different methods that we've tried, this seems to be the most repeatable, and doesn't require the use of any SPs.

RDM Crocea enspell damage is unresisted so its a pretty strong candidate for DPS too. I tried soloing VD Odin but couldn't think of any trusts that use defense buffs. Wiped to Zan X at about 60% Could probably trio it with BRD and GEO.

I've been using Bio3 and demon arrows to reduce attack. Considering swapping to Dia 3.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-07-01 21:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »

RDM Crocea enspell damage is unresisted so its a pretty strong candidate for DPS too. I tried soloing VD Odin but couldn't think of any trusts that use defense buffs. Wiped to Zan X at about 60% Could probably trio it with BRD and GEO.

I've been using Bio3 and demon arrows to reduce attack. Considering swapping to Dia 3.
It's minor, but the Brygid trust's "indi-CHR' buff is actually a +9.7% DEF boost. And being a passive aura-type trust she also can't be killed herself, so you'll never lose that buff.

That said I doubt this alone would be sufficient, but it is a trust that grants a def+ buff.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-01 22:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk Subtle Blow strat is legit for anything that uses a TP move you want to limit. Has been a thing for a while. Monk deals enough damage on it's own through white damage and multi-stepping to be damage sufficient for most things as the sole DD. The only thing that could make a monk SB strategy better is to bring along a Mewing SMN to shut down all of it's TP moves completely. Pretty sure between Chi Blast Penance and well-timed Mews, you could down Odin without it ever getting one move off.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-01 22:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In the update thread think on the first page Papesse said Odin is immune to Mew, but BLU can land the wind thing

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Doesn't resist geo debuffs at all but resist Mewing Lullaby (Reaving Wind can render him harmless still...)

and then, all of a sudden, the sound of a thousand bandwagon blus going to learn reaving wind
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-01 22:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the note, didn't see that point. The strat still stands as the most painless strat, assuming you don't get wrecked by Dread Spikes.

How good of a TP reset is Reaving Wind? Full or partial? Does Tonberry Gaze move land also?
By tyalangan 2019-07-01 22:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious if Silent Wind is as effective as Silence too or if it gets resisted less.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-01 23:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Reaving Wind only removes 1k TP and is way too unreliable, don't use it
Silent Storm get resisted even with ES and Threnody, I think you would need 1~2 immunobreaks for a real chance to land it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-07-01 23:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Reaving Wind only removes 1k TP and is way too unreliable, don't use it
Silent Storm get resisted even with ES and Threnody, I think you would need 1~2 immunobreaks for a real chance to land it.

That's the most unfortunate part for landing enfeebles/debuffs outside of "Enfeebling Magic" itself, the damn soft immunities that needs to be bypassed with Immunobreaks and only spells under "Enfeebling Magic" proc it
By Mrgrim 2019-07-02 02:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the shoutout, Arislan :). After 60 something VD runs that damned Zan X dropped and got it in my lockstyle arsenal lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-02 02:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking bring a BLU for nothing other than Reaving Wind spam IF it's reliable enough with a macc set (frazzle3 from rdm helps), and a RDM for silences and debuffs. Then let the Monk go to work while the BLU keeps him at bay. Might not even need a healer, and can keep up full brd songs/rolls in this case.

GEO BRD COR RDM BLU MNK
By Mrgrim 2019-07-02 02:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I was thinking bring a BLU for nothing other than Reaving Wind spam IF it's reliable enough with a macc set (frazzle3 from rdm helps), and a RDM for silences and debuffs. Then let the Monk go to work while the BLU keeps him at bay. Might not even need a healer, and can keep up full brd songs/rolls in this case.

GEO BRD COR RDM BLU MNK
Have someone /whm to erase Ofnir (defense down) from Odin. Otherwise whenever Zan X goes off there's a chance whoever has def down will end up getting KO'd.
By geigei 2019-07-02 02:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Reaving wind being wind based will be resisted a lot i think.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-02 02:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What would make you think wind would be resisted? Silence lands. hell he's dark based and dispel lands.
By geigei 2019-07-02 02:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All enf land 1/1 except silence and gravity which takes several immunobreaks.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-02 02:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just need moar macc 4head
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-02 03:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

GEO BRD COR RDM BLU MNK
As long Odin doesn't cast Absorb-TP or Kaustra right after Silence wears off I see no reason why it couldn't work. A SAM can even solo DD Ultima in Sealed Fate with a similar strat.
By Taint 2019-07-02 06:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Might guards DEF boost would be useful as well.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-03 18:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda wild that outside of reals mercs Odin is already dead content. It's been 3 days without a PUG shout. (that I've seen)

To be fair though, there's been almost zero HELM shouts nor ambuscade shouts either queue has been super friendly. yay summer. (I also have retards like Cheg and Ron blisted, so no, I don't see their constant shitshouts)
By Taint 2019-07-03 19:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

14 expansion out and it’s an easy but annoying PUG fight.

I still need the helm too....
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-03 20:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Apex legends update is out and it’s an easy but annoying PUG fight.

Fixed and GL
 Odin.Unzero
Server: Odin
user: Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-10 18:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What roll's is the Corsair using? Monk's / Samurai?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-10 18:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's kinda wild that outside of reals mercs Odin is already dead content. It's been 3 days without a PUG shout. (that I've seen)

To be fair though, there's been almost zero HELM shouts nor ambuscade shouts either queue has been super friendly. yay summer. (I also have retards like Cheg and Ron blisted, so no, I don't see their constant shitshouts)
because all us smart people spammed the ***out of it the very first week to get all the stuff we needed. Did same thing for cait sith. Best to do it when everyone wants to do it else you get stuck shouting for hours for new but dead content.
By Taint 2019-07-10 19:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

because all us smart people spammed the ***out of it the very week to get all the stuff we needed. Did same thing for cait sith. Best to do it when everyone wants to do it else you get stuck shouting for hours for new but dead content.

That’s why they need to bump the E and VE drop rates to 5% or more.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-10 19:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the absolute last thing they should do, under any and all circumstances.

Then you just get a thousand people spam soloing.

But yeah Odin a little ridiculous on the "*** you die" mechanics. Xanax - Die. Zan kai - Die. Manafont Kaustra - Die. Dread spikes - Die. Drainga - Die. A little unreasonable for pick up content. Super easy to recover, but that's not the point.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10