First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-09-06 20:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I joined a group with someone that was trying the enspell method and it failed. Not sure why since they were good players, but maybe the RDM didn't have their lv.1 dagger equipped? I also tried with a PLD who kept their defense high while we focused on lowering Odin's attack. Not horrible but meh.
FYI Pretty sure its been mentioned in this thread, but if he isn't silenced during manafont, he will kaustra you and instantly have enough TP to zantensuken or TP move whatever you. Getting silence back up if it drops is top priority. It can be bad luck if he happens to manafont right when silence drops.

For what its worth, I mostly solo'd all drops on D with th4 on rdm. VD was never worth it imo even when I had help. I found that the most fun was with like 3 rdms all doing 0dmg enspells + a TH tag thief to make D runs very very smooth, you can kill him before the first silence wears off.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-07 05:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do it RDM GEO any any any any. One of the any should be BLU or BST or SMN. Silence, Dispel, Bio3, Fury+Barrier+entrust Haste, then whatever other buffs available that do defense down and attack down - hence why BLU or BST or SMN. Squishy people use Miso Ramen. Bonus points if you can land slow and paralyze. WHM is nice for curagas but not needed (blu can aoe cure decently enough). Zantetsuken X deals double digit damage, Sanngentall is irrelevant, Geirrothr is taken care by splitting damage 7-ways (bonus points if your whm is able to do accession+cure4 every 30s, but not needed), same for Zantetsuken Kai. Your haste is capped with entrust and if your DPS isn't high enough to kill before entrust wears then the BLU can Diffusion MG, tho it's probably better to use Tourbillon. Everybody zergs and tries to rotate 2 different WS per each weapon type. 4 min kill if the DDs are coordinated enough, otherwise damage reduction starts kicking in and it gets annoying, but still safe enough.
By drakefs 2023-09-07 11:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
You can do more than 0 damage with 1 dmg weapons if you have enough master levels. Elvaan if that matters.

Adjust your gear if that is the case, I just did N with a Hume 44 ML RDM and was still doing 0 dmg with 1 dmg daggers, even with crits. That was with HM up. It should be even easier on D to deal 0 dmg.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-09-07 12:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I've helped probably 8 people in my shell get everything that Odin drops, so I've done this fight once or twice... I've only ever done VD and I've done it using the pet method. PUP SMNx2 RDM THF COR using Beast + Pup rolls. The SMNs do Hysteric Assault > Flaming Crush for light and I can tell you that none of the damage from that was nerfed and I constantly did 60k+ flaming crushes and the light damage was always high. Smooth and easy fight and took maybe 4-5 minutes.

Exactly this, I've done that setup on VD many, many, many times (most of them dual-boxing PUP and RDM, because neither is particularly tricky).

THF: If needed, this slot can be literally anything to leech (and just have a non-THF apply TH4). Once we had a guy without the other jobs come PLD, if puppet died he'd grab Odin and just laugh until a new puppet got deployed.

PUP: It's trivial to tank on PUP with decent tanking gear, master stands way back (over 30 away) to avoid any AoE. If puppet dies to Zantetsuken, just call out a new one and kite/let the avatars hold hate on Odin for a few until the fresh puppet is able to voke/flash and grab horseman back.

COR is ideal, but depending on people's available jobs can get away with replacing that slot with another SMN.

RDM works on sticking Silence as a priority, dispels Dread Spikes/Yggr when they're up (automaton can still power through those, but no reason not to dispel). RDM should be able to land Distract Frazzle Para Slow Dia Addle easily, Gravity with a little more work.

Well geared SMNs should have no problem putting out good damage on VD, but you can even pull this strat off with more mediocre SMNs - maybe dropping to D depending on how geared they are.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10