New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Odin HTBF Discussion
Odin HTBF Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
By geigei 2019-06-19 06:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

After quite a few VD runs we finally settle for D and bring a thf, dorp rate is very high. Only dd is sam multi step, geo will focus/languor for rdm to land silence/para/slow/dia/addle/distract, switch to bog barrier/indi-fury/entrust haste.
Everyone stay in range unless silence wore off, easy fighht.
Setup is pld cor thf sam geo rdm.
Edit: i'm starting to think odin have resist silence trait, other ***land easily.
 Leviathan.Malakef
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: malakef
By Leviathan.Malakef 2019-06-19 07:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Anyone seen a gear drop on VE or E?

TH4+ for all my runs. I stopped counting at 53. I should be at 0/72-74 now.

Got a Freke ring on E but that's it. I was on THF and I can remember seeing TH 10 proc at least but it was possibly higher. I've soloed VE on THF probably a dozen times , sorry small sample, and never got a gear item. Haven't tracked what my TH levels reached on those but obviously it was at least 8.

The fight seems easy enough at those levels so i'll get max TH applied for my next session and try to track the results better.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-19 11:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Edit: i'm starting to think odin have resist silence trait, other ***land easily.

Interestingly, you CAN bind, gravity, and even sleep him, but he's equally as resistant to those. Makes sense that he would heavily resist sleep since he's dark based. As for the others (which are ice and wind), it's a *** to land. Haven't seen anybody actually land it (though we didn't try as hard as we do for silence) on him but he's not outright immune. Dispel is dark based, but he doesn't have the same resistance to it or from dark shot. He might have all "resist" traits, or perhaps huge resistance to certain elements Or traits. Not really sure to be honest. He seems to have no real resistance to paralyze, which is also ice based like bind. Slow lands easily as well. Every time I've seen Corsair use light shot it misses, even with focus. Even red mage has a little trouble landing initial silenice, though MB helps it out a lot
[+]
By phunky 2019-06-19 12:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Anyone seen a gear drop on VE or E?

TH4+ for all my runs. I stopped counting at 53. I should be at 0/72-74 now.

Got the mage ring on VE after about 30 runs with TH4 on it. Haven't seen anything else drop. Probably done 50+ fights by now.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-06-19 16:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Well I'm stumped as to the exact specifics on Yggr's attack calculation. I ran a pair of very easy solo runs just to test it out. On my first run Yggr boosted my attack from 1391 to 2011 in my tp set, so it looked like a flat 650 attack buff. In the second instance I had Yggr up after the fight ended so I was able to click off my other buffs to isolate it. I had 2112 attack with Yggr on, and after I clicked it off I was down to 1458. I had slightly different gear equipped from the first run, but with no gear swaps I can confirm those values with 100% confidence. That's a difference of 654 attack, and around 1.448% boost. Neither of those figures is a nice even increase.
99.999% certain I know what's going on. You are using a food that has a cap of +150 atk and the buff is +50%… and +atk% doesn't multiply the food bonus because it too is actually a +atk%
[+]
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tubby
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-20 01:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, being the honorable dude I try to be, I admit I was wrong on page 1 about distance avoiding Zantetsuken X, however I still do believe it does seem to affect the damage taken from what I've seen. It was, in fact, purely coincidental that I wasn't dying since I had very high defense from Cocoon in every fight. We've gotten everything but the Polearm at this point for multiple people and do VD on auto-repeat with zero deaths. PLD/BLU(me) + 2 SMN + GEO + THF + DRG is our setup. I just keep up Phalanx & Cocoon, Invincible to keep hate off the Avatars, Intervene to weaken his attack and Angon to reduce his defense. Makes this a stupid easy fight and he's dead in under 60 seconds. We go to Maze Mongers and reset SPs, lather rinse repeat.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-20 01:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, for anyone having problems getting dispels off trying to solo it with trusts on lower difficulties, Ovjang is a superstar Dispeller.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-20 02:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
99.999% certain I know what's going on. You are using a food that has a cap of +150 atk and the buff is +50%… and +atk% doesn't multiply the food bonus because it too is actually a +atk%

You're right! I was eating red curry buns before. I just reran that test again without food this time. Here are the results

https://imgur.com/a/6ZSG9yf

I was using adhemar gloves +1 last time whereas this time I fulltimed my plunderer's armlets +3 (still no drop btw), so that's why there's a bit of differemnce in base stats between this run and last. Yggr raised my main hand attack from 1329 to 1993, and my offhand attack from 1162 to 1743. That's a flat 50% attack increase in both cases. This makes the rounding play nicely. This absolutely confirms Yggr is a flat 50% bonus to Odins attack.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-20 02:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, for anyone having problems getting dispels off trying to solo it with trusts on lower difficulties, Ovjang is a superstar Dispeller.

Yeah well apparently Kouru-Moru is just as effective. I was using August, Apururu, Ironha II, Arciela II, and Koru-Moru for my Yggr testing and the little *** kept dispelling it as soon as Odin put it up. I had to dismiss him so Odin could actually keep Yggr up long enough for me to take it from him....
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-20 03:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Yeah well apparently Kouru-Moru is just as effective. I was using August, Apururu, Ironha II, Arciela II, and Koru-Moru for my Yggr testing and the little *** kept dispelling it as soon as Odin put it up. I had to dismiss him so Odin could actually keep Yggr up long enough for me to take it from him....

When I was doing it solo, I used Koru-Moru & Ovjang, that way both Dread Spikes and Endark were dispelled regularly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2019-06-20 07:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

After quite a few VD runs we finally settle for D and bring a thf, drop rate is very high.

This. So much this. People keep busting a gut wiping on VD, and wasting ages looking for members for 'optimal setups' etc. then ragequitting when it goes wrong after 1~2 wipes. If you want a challenge, go ahead and keep going for VD.

If you *just* want loot, then drop down to Difficult and the drop rates are still pretty reasonable. Take a THF, and the drop rates a quite good.
 Carbuncle.Schmutz
By Carbuncle.Schmutz 2019-06-20 08:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as drop rates go, I can tell you after dozens of runs on D and VD, double item drops happen on VD frequently assuming all members of your party don't already have the items that would have dropped. The most common drops by far are the Sword, Head, and Body. All of our group has them. We've gotten 5 Freke Rings, 3 Gere Rings, 2 Great Swords, 0 Polearms. We're in the territory where we see 0 drops on any difficulty often. The GS and Polearm are very rare.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-06-20 10:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
After quite a few VD runs we finally settle for D and bring a thf, drop rate is very high.

This. So much this. People keep busting a gut wiping on VD, and wasting ages looking for members for 'optimal setups' etc. then ragequitting when it goes wrong after 1~2 wipes. If you want a challenge, go ahead and keep going for VD.

If you *just* want loot, then drop down to Difficult and the drop rates are still pretty reasonable. Take a THF, and the drop rates a quite good.

I’m on the same page. Tonight I’m planning to run D with pup cor/thf rdm smn smn smn and wreck it. Can swap a smn for geo or thf even.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-25 19:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if anyone has had any success THF DD'ing this on D or higher. Dread Spikes are really kicking my butt. I wrote a script to disengage when the chatlog tells me it begins to cast dread spikes, but it still wasn't fast enough and I ended up dying 3/4ths of the time to it. I'll probably switch over to using the action event, but I still want to know how other THFs are doing this without dying.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-25 20:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

action event vs chatlog probably won't even make much difference, there's no c<>s communication in between so you're only talking a few ms

the real issue is how unresponsive instance servers are, the fact that even a bot with perfect reaction time is inadequate is shameful

(you could try ditching weapons or spinning your model instead of disengaging, but you're still at the mercy of the response time.. upside is it'll still go through if you just WSed or JAed while disengaging is subject to the 1 action/sec timer)
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-25 20:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can setup the React addon to turnaround on dreadspike cast, then just manually turn yourself back around once its off. but most people bring a form of dispel to odin.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-25 20:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For a THF, it isn't about having a dispel, it's about dying before you can turn or disengage because a single attack round can do more than your max HP.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-25 20:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

odin doesnt instacast it, even with triple/quad MA proc, React will turn you before goes off. Never had a latency issue with odin and in my melee testing on blu,sam,cor and thf, react turns you so fast, you'll never be bothered by dreadspikes. dispel then continue the pokes.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-25 20:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I will try the turn around, will report back when we go do the fight again. Thanks for the advice.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-25 22:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW. I don't know if this strat is the obvious strat but jeez. that's some cheesy ***lol. even cheesier than smn.

Some old school ***right there. Haven't seen that strat broken out since 2004.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-26 06:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean you don't have to be attacking at all moments while engaged in this game?
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-06-26 10:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
odin doesnt instacast it, even with triple/quad MA proc, React will turn you before goes off. Never had a latency issue with odin and in my melee testing on blu,sam,cor and thf, react turns you so fast, you'll never be bothered by dreadspikes. dispel then continue the pokes.
I've died numerous times to spikes using react.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-06-26 10:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're with a group on D, have the WHM or RDM cast Addle, and that should increase your cushion.

Good rule of thumb tho, is if you see silence wear off, turn immediately until silence is reapplied. Don't take any chances. Recovering from death can be a pain.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-26 10:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We need react for normal cast time spells now?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-26 13:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing you don't need react for. Game plays itself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-26 14:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Turning around works 100%, thanks for the suggestion. Odin's a pushover now.

3 bodies out of 6 runs, and nothing else. woo.
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-06-26 22:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Turning around works 100%
95% of the time, it works everytime.

[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-27 00:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, it was early in the day when I made that post.
 Fenrir.Soily
user: Soily
By Fenrir.Soily 2019-06-28 03:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys for the React / turnaround suggestion, I was also wondering how to avoid those Dread Spikes that kill me so often. Unfortunately, sometimes it's still not fast enough, given the speed at which Odin casts his spell and the very low delay we get on Thief. I suppose things will work better if I ask the BRD to keep Pining Nocturne on Odin at all times.

I haven't done this fight many times so far, but this is our setup (Normal mode) : THF (me), RUN, GEO, BRD (triple box), and Ygnas + Arciela Trust. Got TH up to 10~12 in every fight, and we got 1 Sword and 2 Gere Rings out of 5 fights.

We also did 1 fight on "Difficult" (with a real WHM and a SMN to replace the Trust) and got 1 polearm.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10