April 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-04 07:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it a bit of lame thing that Gandiva is DEX based and Blade: Hi is AGI based?

I think they should've been the other way around!
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-04-04 07:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Sylph.Seidell said: »
Everyone going crazy over long Ambu lines and jobs....I'm just like hey...no new login campaign?!?

They start the 11th.

WOOHOO!!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-04 20:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Isn't it a bit of lame thing that Gandiva is DEX based and Blade: Hi is AGI based?

I think they should've been the other way around!

I know we've both been saying that for ages.

Though, for Empy weapons at least NIN gets *something* out of AGI in the form of Racc for Daken (the biggest benefit, and a newer development - but it has some relevance today), Evasion, reduced enemy crits, reduced mob TP gain. Although in most situations, most NIN would prefer that Kannagi/Blade: Hi were DEX based, at least AGI provides something... even if it doesn't pull double duty offensively (in addition to WS modifier) like DEX does for acc/crit rate. My NIN self is still a bit jealous of my sword and dagger using friends over that difference in Empys.

RNG, on the other hand, gets a bit fat nothing for DEX outside of it helping JR. Which makes Gandiva's added DEX attibutes even more frustrating. Especially compared to the OTHER ranged Empy giving AGI, which provides a whole boatload of offensive benefits to all things ranged: Racc, ranged crit rate, modifier for ALL marksmanship WS, etc.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-06 09:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming bow WS that requires CHR. Make it happen SE.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-04-06 18:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Incoming bow WS that requires CHR. Make it happen SE.
Tanaka: Hold my beer. How about a gun ws that scales with enmity?
By Afania 2019-04-06 18:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Incoming bow WS that requires CHR.

Yes please. Sexy rng can I have? <3

[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-04-07 03:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
If only there was some move called Cover that the worse of the 2 serious tanks possessed that actually helped with this type situation and made that tank more useful. We can always hope that PLD won't get RNGed in the job adjustment department, but I'm not holding my breath because Cover has so many problems that makes it ineffective, just like PLD itself. If nothing else, it would have to cross party since PLD isn't going to use the same buffs as an AM3 built RNG or COR.

I mean if PLD is going to truly get moved out of lolPLD status it'd need a ton of offensive buffs or RUN would need nerfs. You could give PLD 87.5% DT and people would still prefer RUN because of the big *** offensive numbers. We just don't need super strong defenses, especially with what we already have available(Battuta). And oh hey guess which job has good offensive power/improves the offensive power of others!
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-07 07:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Im still waiting or throw-able weaponskills. Boomarang ws yes please.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-04-07 11:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
If only there was some move called Cover that the worse of the 2 serious tanks possessed that actually helped with this type situation and made that tank more useful. We can always hope that PLD won't get RNGed in the job adjustment department, but I'm not holding my breath because Cover has so many problems that makes it ineffective, just like PLD itself. If nothing else, it would have to cross party since PLD isn't going to use the same buffs as an AM3 built RNG or COR.

I mean if PLD is going to truly get moved out of lolPLD status it'd need a ton of offensive buffs or RUN would need nerfs. You could give PLD 87.5% DT and people would still prefer RUN because of the big *** offensive numbers. We just don't need super strong defenses, especially with what we already have available(Battuta). And oh hey guess which job has good offensive power/improves the offensive power of others!

Maybe a 1250tp bonus shield and WSD equipment for the pld?
By volkom 2019-04-07 12:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

or something crazy with shurikens

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-07 12:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Literally the only way PLD will make a come back is if RUN gets a huge nerf. There is nothing a PLD can do that a RUN cannot. I have proven this many times and so have others.

Rune can output insane DPS, it can supertank way better than a pld without a healer, and it can resist almost any status ailment for most fights which PLD's can't because of the bad M.Eva they have. It can self sustain in almost any fight without any cures just because of high parry rate and Turms Mittens... it can also be a main healer for a party of 6 with the use of /whm... Like Rune is insanely overpowered when played right. It would take way more than a DD buff to PLD to make it compete with RUN at this point.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-04-07 13:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah I know we won't see RUN fall from it's throne unless it suffers from some pretty hefty nerfs. I also know those nerfs are probably never coming. The somewhat practical(but also insanely unlikely) hope is that PLD will get some DD buffs so it's at least more acceptable to bring it along to stuff. Given the recent RNG buffs, we probably won't be seeing that either. We'll probably see PLD get like physical defense limit and more divine magic potency on Divine Emblem. Solving them core issues like PLDs not Magic Bursting with Holy II every 10min and taking too much physical damage in full turtle.
By Nariont 2019-04-07 13:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

id like to see them re-evaluate how block+ works and maybe give pld some inquarta type thing for block in general. They could kind of pump plds DD aspect by simply giving it fencer/some type of fencer added into one of their shield traits. Wont skyrocket them much but its a boost.

Raising atonements dmg cap would be a perk too
[+]
By Taint 2019-04-07 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure FFXI could handle it but give PLD “stacks” for each block then unleash them on the mob via shield bash. Reduce shield bash timer to 90seconds.
By volkom 2019-04-07 15:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Not sure FFXI could handle it but give PLD “stacks” for each block then unleash them on the mob via shield bash. Reduce shield bash timer to 90seconds.

or auto shield bash when successful block like a mnk counter~
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-07 18:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Unfortunately unlikely, as they would probably need a sizable redo on the spaghetti in the back.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-13 16:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So. Fun fact about escha. Did you know that there can be so many of the same mob up that you are actually not allowed to pop them.

It will literally tell you you're unable to pop the mob. That's a first. Good times farming pulse weapons.

[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-13 16:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So. Fun fact about escha. Did you know that there can be so many of the same mob up that you are actually not allowed to pop them.

It will literally tell you you're unable to pop the mob. That's a first. Good times farming pulse weapons.

Something something, Ambuscade queue, something something.

It is kinda funny how they added a specific line for this exact situation.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-13 17:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea ran into that doing a zitah clear when we were on the t3's
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-13 17:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are only 3 instances of each mob in the dats, so could have been predicted it'd do this. Pretty generic/fitting line for it.

A resounding 'lolasuraproblems', I guess.
By huttburt<3 2019-04-14 19:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

COR obviously needs a huge nerf. But this "job adjustment" isn't even that. It's a nothing adjustment.

The only real outcome is rangers will die more often since barrage won't miss as much.
stfu
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-15 11:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
maybe give pld some inquarta type thing for block in general.

How about just give us Inquartata period? Its not like paladin doesn't have parry skill lol.

Also put paladin on Turms gear please, or put some Turms tier effects on Arke gear.

Arke gloves should have "Block: Restore 100 HP" and then Paladin would be halfway to comparing to Run.

I'd love Inquartata on Paladin though, as Shining One as an alternative to sword and board would be amazing.

Actually yeah just put paladin on Turms gear. I will gladly go /run and take my 12% Inquartata with Turms feet + /RUN and my 100 HP restore on Turms Gloves
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 11:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
How about just give us Inquartata period? Its not like paladin doesn't have parry skill lol.
But that would make PLD useful. SE never wants to make PLD useful over RUN.
By eliroo 2019-04-15 11:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you think giving Paladin defensive abilities would make it more comparable to RUN? You are about as lost as the SE dev team.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-15 11:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I explained this in another thread I forgot which. The only way for PLD to be equal or greater than RUN is for RUN to receive a heavy nerf in all aspects. There is nothing PLD can do which RUN can't do better. This is without a Epeolatry, with it RUN is even more broken.
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-15 11:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Why do you think giving Paladin defensive abilities would make it more comparable to RUN? You are about as lost as the SE dev team.

Shining One + Inquartata.

If you haven't seen my posts in the pld thread, Paladin can pump out some mighty big Impulse Drives.

My record on Apex mobs was well over 70K Impulse Drives.

However, Shining One requires us to give up a shield of course.

So if we could gain access to some Inquartata gear (which we could use anyways even on sword and board), Shining One would be viable to tank in.

I mean, I have been tanking in it anyways but, whew, it gets pretty hairy at times.

But I have been able to open Escha T1 and T2 fights with a Darkness Impulse Drive and drop the NMs down to like 50% HP 3 seconds into the fight.
By Aerix 2019-04-15 15:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How about instead of trying to turn PLD into a budget RUN based around a single item, SE could just fix the fundamental rift between the two jobs?

Give PLD native Fencer and add +10% JA Haste to make SB spam viable without affecting SJ choice. Make Cover AoE and let the PLD take 25-50% of the party's damage in general and 100%+Enmity if standing in front of someone. Change Rampart's Defense Bonus to a decent amount of DTII-% since PLD lacks Valiance and adjust the Magic Shield formula to be based on max HP like OfA. Massively reduce the recast of Fealty. Possibly adjust Divine Emblem or Shield Bash to make the mob take more physical damage for a short time to make PLD more desirable for melee burns.

All that together and you should have a viable alternative to RUN again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-15 15:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE, they will probably just give PLD a ton of Healing abilities and more Cure spells, and say TAADAAA WE FIXED ETT!
By eliroo 2019-04-15 15:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shining One + Inquartata.

Sorry to be more specific I was commenting on:

Arke gloves should have "Block: Restore 100 HP" and then Paladin would be halfway to comparing to Run.

But yea Shining one seems nice and Inquartata would help PLD tank without a shield a bit more. That may be going in the wrong direction though. I think SE wants to keep the class fantasy of PLD. I agree a bit. Sword + Board should be the way to go but it just needs to be more effective in combat.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-15 15:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Could likely make run a LOT squishier and more easily to be bursted down quickly, and give pld a lot more safety and TPgen reduction for mobs to fit in with subtle blow groups.

RUN can do all the damage but be risky, where as pld would make fights safer in general while not doing as much damage itself.

The only real reason people prefer run is because run brings higher numbers. Make run die easily, and pld will have a reason to exist. People will still prefer it because people are stupid and prefer big numbers, but hey.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11