And get them sky access

AND do all the monthly objectives every month

In august you can make all the shiney ambu weapons

So......... better get started.
[+]
By Meeble 2019-04-03 02:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Could you please show us on the doll where the mean meeble hurt you?

Hey, why you gotta drag me into it? I blame the 'bos.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-04-03 02:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Could you please show us on the doll where the mean meeble hurt you?

Hey, why you gotta drag me into it? I blame the 'bos.

Hey, I'm not the one that's traumatized by you. Take it up with Eiryl.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-03 02:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

5months for pulse weapon lul
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-03 02:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Feanorsof said: »
Maybe I’m used to SE delivering disappointment but I’m fairly happy with the RNG changes, what was everyone expecting?

It's really about comparing to the job adjustments from the previous 3 monthly updates, and RNG just got arguably the least impressive changes of the 5 jobs to date that have seen their 2019 adjustments.

January: DNC got separate Waltz timers and Presto granting more finishing moves; both are changes with more significant benefit than what RNG saw. As for DRG, I'm fairly clueless on the intricacies of the job (so DRG pros, keep me honest here), but splitting Jump timers seemed to be regarded as a decent little buff.

February: RDM got a really nice update, pretty clearly the best one so far. Saboteur got a huge buff that has real impact on one of RDM's key roles. Composure enspell buff was also significant, and Macc boost was nice.

March: PUP got some fairly powerful new attachments and tweaks to some existing ones (reduced equip cost, removed some consume maneuver effects). Impact was really only to puppet DPS potential, as opposed to other things PUPs do (pet tanking, anything master-focused), but it was a somewhat substantial buff for that fairly significant role of the job.

April: RNG gets a QOL fix to Velocity Shot, but let's be honest - that isn't a huge impact. It's annoying when you end up with Velocity down and waiting on timer, but quite rare. Sharpshot buff is nice enough, and does help barrage a bit to hit more shots... but realistically, later Barrage shots whiffing was never a major issue anyway. Barrage with any half decent Racc/STP set already generally resulted in 2000+ TP anyway outside of rare fluky misses.

I can't see anyone saying the RNG tweaks aren't of some benefit. But they're pretty minor even in comparison to the other jobs we've already seen.

If I was ranking them so far, I'd go:
1. RDM
2. DNC
3 (tie). DRG
4 (tie). PUP
5. RNG, easily in last place.

I don't *think* the Dia/Bio/Light Shot/Dark Shot stuff counts as COR's 2019 job adjustments (nor did the update previews make it sound that way), but instead those served more as just a general Dia/Bio change affecting all jobs that use those spells.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-03 02:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Maybe I’m used to SE delivering disappointment but I’m fairly happy with the RNG changes, what was everyone expecting?

It's really about comparing to the job adjustments from the previous 3 monthly updates, and RNG just got arguably the least impressive changes of the 5 jobs to date that have seen their 2019 adjustments.

January: DNC got separate Waltz timers and Presto granting more finishing moves; both are changes with more significant benefit than what RNG saw. As for DRG, I'm fairly clueless on the intricacies of the job (so DRG pros, keep me honest here), but splitting Jump timers seemed to be regarded as a decent little buff.

February: RDM got a really nice update, pretty clearly the best one so far. Saboteur got a huge buff that has real impact on one of RDM's key roles. Composure enspell buff was also significant, and Macc boost was nice.

March: PUP got some fairly powerful new attachments and tweaks to some existing ones (reduced equip cost, removed some consume maneuver effects). Impact was really only to puppet DPS potential, as opposed to other things PUPs do (pet tanking, anything master-focused), but it was a somewhat substantial buff for that fairly significant role of the job.

April: RNG gets a QOL fix to Velocity Shot, but let's be honest - that isn't a huge impact. It's annoying when you end up with Velocity down and waiting on timer, but quite rare. Sharpshot buff is nice enough, and does help barrage a bit to hit more shots... but realistically, later Barrage shots whiffing was never a major issue anyway. Barrage with any half decent Racc/STP set already generally resulted in 2000+ TP anyway outside of rare fluky misses.

I can't see anyone saying the RNG tweaks aren't of some benefit. But they're pretty minor even in comparison to the other jobs we've already seen.

1. RDM
2. DNC
3 (tie). DRG
4 (tie). PUP

I don't *think* the Dia/Bio/Light Shot/Dark Shot stuff counts as COR's 2019 job adjustments (nor did the update previews make it sound that way), but instead those served more as just a general Dia/Bio change affecting all jobs that use those spells.

Id put drg in 2nd place. Those separate jump timers bumped overall dps of drg a significant amount.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-03 03:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Id put drg in 2nd place. Those separate jump timers bumped overall dps of drg a significant amount.

Fair enough. Like I said, I'm a bit ignorant in the ways of DRG but that sounds pretty reasonable from the comments I've seen by people who know more about the job than I do.

Main point is the same though, definitely feels like more of a significant buff than what RNG just got.

Perhaps if I was doing it in "tiers" instead of ordering all five, I'd say something like:

A-Tier: RDM
B-Tier: DNC DRG
C-Tier: PUP
D-Tier: RNG
By SimonSes 2019-04-03 03:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1. MNK
2. RDM
3. DNC, DRG
4. PUP

ftfy :P

It's not even a joke. Even that MNK update wasnt technically a part of series of job updates planned for this year, it was still a giant fix to MNK dps.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-04-03 03:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobo Racing in 2019 omegalul
[+]
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
Server: Bismarck
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2019-04-03 03:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

1. RDM
2. DNC
3 (tie). DRG
4 (tie). PUP

Ugh when you put it like that I feel the usual SE disappoment. I had a friend who was convincing me to expect scavenge changes only so I suppose I was surprised to get anything else at first lol
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-03 03:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Chocobo Racing in 2019 omegalul

I mean, it's stupid, but I just entered the Chocobo Circuit from Windy and AFKed for 5 minutes while reading stuff here and got my RoE completed. Pretty easy, even for low level mules (I don't think there are prerequites other than having ToAU installed).

SimonSes said: »
It's not even a joke. Even that MNK update wasnt technically a part of series of job updates planned for this year, it was still a giant fix to MNK dps.

Yeah, if that counts for the purposes of comparing the "job adjustments" that they've said are coming for all jobs over the course of 2019, sure... nice MNK dps buff indeed.

It just further highlights that RNG got a really lame update compared to everyone else (unless COR's semi-buff/semi-nerf to Light/Dark shots counts as their update - that's worse than RNG!)
By Ruaumoko 2019-04-03 03:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, that's a certain last spot (so far) for worst job update.
 Asura.Insig
user: Python
By Asura.Insig 2019-04-03 03:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

To me the dia/bio seem more of a nerf than a buff. Most set up carry a cor which should of been getting dia IV on the mob with whm/geo in the party. Now it feels like a 2% loss.

Then any low man stuff you would/will have Koru-Moru out putting dia 3 on it.
By SimonSes 2019-04-03 04:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Insig said: »
To me the dia/bio seem more of a nerf than a buff. Most set up carry a cor which should of been getting dia IV on the mob with whm/geo in the party. Now it feels like a 2% loss.

Then any low man stuff you would/will have Koru-Moru out putting dia 3 on it.

Wasn't 20% a cap before? I mean you couldn't 2x lightshot Dia III I think. Only Dia II and Dia. So it's actualyl a 3% gain.

EDIT: Nvm I know what you meant.
By geigei 2019-04-03 04:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To me the dia/bio seem more of a nerf than a buff.
I like it because i'm lazy.
By Mrxi 2019-04-03 04:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

its not a 3% gain unless you have a rdm because cant double light shot dia 2 any more
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-03 05:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Note that these key items come from the new reward system - they reward AF ilvl 109+ sets/pieces.
What?
Which key items? I don't see any key item droppin from the new reward system, just Copper Vouchers, Moggiebag, Ring and Themis Orb.

What are you guys talking about?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-03 05:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm read the full list on page 2.
But I thought this currency would reset every month? I guess it doesn't...
 Asura.Insig
By Asura.Insig 2019-04-03 05:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if statue crusher event is a mistake on the rss feed?
As it's not in the forum post when you click on it, it says it is the time one.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-03 06:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if statue crusher event is a mistake on the rss feed?
As it's not in the forum post when you click on it, it says it is the time one.
Someone reported it's an error in the English description.
In the JP one it says statue crusher both outside and inside.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-04-03 06:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just pushed the new resources to the live/dev server. Wasn't up last night to do it during patch.
By fonewear 2019-04-03 06:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

All I really know is that Dia is great again !

Also best Ranger update ever...everyone will invite ranger to things now.
 Asura.Insig
By Asura.Insig 2019-04-03 06:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to see the max-hit crit barrage ss coming in.
Hope they keep in the line
xxx was defeated by yyy
:p
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-04-03 07:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to know where your 'Deads of Heroism' are actually listed? Upon completion of the objectives it isn't really clear where to spend these things or where they go.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-04-03 07:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty disappointing. I guess yay for RDM Dia but I was hoping they were finally going to let Dia and Bio stack.

For RNG, I was expecting they would do something more considerable. I'm surprised they didn't give Unlimited Shot a separate cool down and new effect among other JA. Their track record so far seemed like they were trying to improve most JAs usefulness.
 Fenrir.Esmrambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Esmrambo
By Fenrir.Esmrambo 2019-04-03 07:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The validator - new npc near the sparks & accolades npcs

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By emiledge 2019-04-03 07:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was dead wrong about the pulse cell ROE. Themis orb SE? This update was extremely disappointing. My hope is they expand on the new Monthly ROE over time otherwise this is a bust.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-03 07:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
ok only 4 roe this month, done in 20 min. didn't expect much but 4 months for a pulse weapon at this rate, boo.
How the *** are you "done" when one objective requires 3x interactions with the Special dial and you can have only one per real day?

Am I missing something? D:
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11