never underestimate the power of the retard tax
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-11 09:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I am king of the rich idiot hellfucker tax.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-03-11 09:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Walpurgisnacht said: »
Do not buy Cells off the AH, someone bought all of them asap and put them up for a lot more (I guess).

Too late sir. The idiots are already out in full force...

It’s asura. No surprises here move along lol
[+]
By geigei 2019-03-11 09:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The buying idiots are already out in full force...
Fxd.
[+]
By JemTitan 2019-03-11 09:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Did meeble burrows just become relevant content again???!! Best update ever!
By kishr 2019-03-11 09:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

has 5g been secretly started and you all lost your minds?
f this update....
 Asura.Schurzen
user: daNpwr
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-03-11 10:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Do not buy Cells off the AH, someone bought all of them asap and put them up for a lot more (I guess).

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 10:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Are we not overreacting to this? The only players who will pay stupid amounts for pulse cells are those on Asura.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2019-03-11 10:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that makes the Cooking Katana recipe around Smithing level 24~25.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 10:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay for a non-questable Abyssea Proc katana (the quest was easy enough anyhow).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 10:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
geigei said: »
The buying idiots are already out in full force...
Fxd.

You guys do realize that these will not go back to 200k regardless of whether you refuse to buy them or not, right? They're extremely rare drops, they only got as cheap as they did because they had no use. I would be very surprised if they settle below 5m/piece, and 10m wouldnt shock me.

Smart folk are spamming zitah t3 anyway, full 1% droprate, super spammable, and easy/quick. Usually see 3-4 annealed lance in about 7 hours farming capped beads.
[+]
By geigei 2019-03-11 10:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people want it now tho, i have 20 in bazaar for them.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-03-11 10:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

server hopped a mule to mass unload cells on asura
Easiest rostam gil of my life
[+]
By soralin 2019-03-11 10:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the BG list, quite a few weapons seem to be missing from the datamining. There's 13 reforged Pulse weapons in the data, but the notes show 18 weapons we can trade in to reforge?

• Sagasinger

• Tenkomaru

• Gusterion

• Asteria

• ???

Im gonna guess that they just converge? IE Ephemeron and Sagasinger both just end up becoming Naegling?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 10:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You guys do realize that these will not go back to 200k regardless of whether you refuse to buy them or not, right? They're extremely rare drops, they only got as cheap as they did because they had no use. I would be very surprised if they settle below 5m/piece, and 10m wouldnt shock me.

Smart folk are spamming zitah t3 anyway, full 1% droprate, super spammable, and easy/quick. Usually see 3-4 annealed lance in about 7 hours farming capped beads.

None of us poking fun at this even need the cells, the people who do are paying SE's price of randomness. I'm sure a new or returning player isn't going to be "smart" enough to farm it themselves (sell the drops/ores) and get it eventually. The "i want it now" will reign supreme, and people with more money than brains will dump millions on it. The players who probably really need it will be effectively locked out of it unless they too join in on the finesse.

Oh well, such is FFXI. At least NNI campaign drops these weapons. You can always fill up your inventory/use an alt and appraise into one, and sell it for several mil. At least there's now a market for that as well.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-03-11 10:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
RIP NPC on Lakshmi as well.

Took me a few minutes since I found out. I was bored; carry on.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-03-11 10:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
Looking at the BG list, quite a few weapons seem to be missing from the datamining. There's 13 reforged Pulse weapons in the data, but the notes show 18 weapons we can trade in to reforge?

• Sagasinger

• Tenkomaru

• Gusterion

• Asteria

• ???

Im gonna guess that they just converge? IE Ephemeron and Sagasinger both just end up becoming Naegling?

I'm guessing you dont need to trade the same weapon type, there is no pulse grip or bow and multiple of others types (which are listed as tradable in the notes). Unless they did something stupid and made coruscanti > dagger, asteria or gusterion > bow for example..
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-03-11 10:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's literally just asking you to turn in any one of them for the final stage. As has already been brought up, not all of the weapons available via Ambuscade ever had a pulse weapon (plus there's the grip).
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-03-11 10:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Think spamming kills in Hall of Mul might be the best way to farm pulse weapons?

ADL wouldn't be too bad.

Gonna be salty if Legion money-farming becomes common practice.
By aisukage 2019-03-11 10:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually i would of complained about something like this but considering what just happened this month atleast i can put it to use lol
[+]
 Asura.Hamburgerz
user: Dandawgs
By Asura.Hamburgerz 2019-03-11 10:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it confirmed those weapons work? Or is it just VW?
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-03-11 10:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hamburgerz said: »
Is it confirmed those weapons work? Or is it just VW?

List from the update notes:

Sagasinger / Murasamemaru / Tenkomaru / Himthige / Aytanri / Adflictio / Girru / Gusterion / Dukkha / Ephemeron / Coruscanti / Asteria / Borealis / Ikarigiri / Delphinius / Chastiser / Router / Annealed Lance
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 10:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

o.O Beat ;3
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-11 11:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

• Sagasinger

• Tenkomaru

• Gusterion

• Asteria

• ???

I'm guessing you dont need to trade the same weapon type, there is no pulse grip or bow and multiple of others types (which are listed as tradable in the notes). Unless they did something stupid and made coruscanti > dagger, asteria or gusterion > bow for example..

Can anyone confirm that trading any type of weapon works for upgrade? It'd be PITA if you need specific type of weapon for ambu weapom upgrade and got locked out of zitah farming method lol.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-03-11 11:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking up what pulse weapons have FFXIDB drop rates:

ADL and Sagasinger seems to be around 1% (margin of error is ±0.104%)
Meeble Burrows varies from about 1.1% to 2.4% (Dukkha is 2.4% drop rate with a margin of error of ±0.659%)
Hall of Muul is 0.44% and 0.51% (±0.215% and ±0.242% margin of errors, respectively)
VW drop rates are abysmally low, around 0.08% on Coruscanti (margin of error is insignificant: ±0.014%)
No significant data on Zi'tah, but we can assume 2% or less

VW simply isn't farmable outside of VW event, and even then it would only be worth it for the additional empy currency. ADL is farmable, but creating a pop is not the quickest process, so 100 tries on average is going to take a while. Only worth it if you consider the currency worth farming. Meeble Burrows drop rate is the best of all of them, but expedition 5 is NOT repeatable. You'll have to do five expeditions for each attempt. For Legion, both NMs that drop a pulse weapon will spawn in every single wave after wave 2 until time runs out.

Disregarding farming potential for gil drops (ADL and VW), either Zi'tah or Legion will be the best bets here. Even at the lower drop rate with Legion, being able to kill TWO NMs with a different pulse weapon drop over and over again is very good farming potential. I have no idea what the lockout is like if a lot of people are doing it, but Meeble Burrows and ADL aren't going to be any better. Zi'tah tier 3 pops are cheap, so that's also an option, but it would be nice to know what the actual drop rates are.

That said, I'm definitely going to try NNI+ this month just to see what I get.

Edit: I forgot that Hall of Mul requires the four trophies, so even though it's repeatable, that lowers its farmability quite a bit. Bring a good AoE job and I don't think the death moves are too dangerous, but there's only so many kills in the time allotted and quite a low drop rate. Zi'tah will likely be the clear winner.
By fonewear 2019-03-11 11:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Finbar said: »

Meeble Burrows varies from about 1.1% to 2.4% (Dukkha is 2.4% drop rate with a margin of error of ±0.659%)
Hall of Muul is 0.44% and 0.51% (±0.215% and ±0.242% margin of errors, respectively)
VW drop rates are abysmally low, around 0.08% on Coruscanti (margin of error is insignificant: ±0.014%)

VW simply isn't farmable outside of VW event, and even then it would only be worth it for the additional empy currency. ADL is farmable, but creating a pop is not the quickest process, so 100 tries on average is going to take a while. Only worth it if you consider the currency worth farming. Meeble Burrows drop rate is the best of all of them, but expedition 5 is NOT repeatable. You'll have to do five expeditions for each attempt. For Legion, both NMs that drop a pulse weapon will spawn in every single wave after wave 2 until time runs out.

Disregarding farming potential for gil drops (ADL and VW), either Zi'tah or Legion will be the best bets here. Even at the lower drop rate with Legion, being able to kill TWO NMs with a different pulse weapon drop over and over again is very good farming potential. I have no idea what the lockout is like if a lot of people are doing it, but Meeble Burrows and ADL aren't going to be any better. Zi'tah tier 3 pops are cheap, so that's also an option, but it would be nice to know what the actual drop rates are.

[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-03-11 11:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Finbar said: »

You can buy the meeble entry ki after you do it once, it's like 1.5mil for a set?
By likard 2019-03-11 11:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother and I have farmed NNI tons on every past campaign and never seen any pulse weapons. So take that at face value for our personal anecdote. Granted, you will get tokens towards a mythic and probably make a good chunk of change from alexandrite, so not a bad way to go.

Zitah NMs have 1 Nm reporting a 2.5% drop rate. I would assume (dangerously) that all 3 are the same rate. A good party of 6 can probably clear 10+ kills an hour with no issues. And their pop requirement is pretty lenient.

Meebles is faster with the Rhapsody KI that makes it 10 minutes, but still takes 30-50 minutes per popset for the same drop rate as zitah nms. Which you could kill way more of per hour than meebles rank 5 bosses.

Legion is kind of crap too. You have to build your ki by clearing all of the other halls first all for a 1% chance of seeing a drop. Legion is also not very solo friendly and can still wreck i119 players with instant death moves and aggro from across the zone.

TLDR, my money would be on zitah bosses for pulse weapons if you can farm more than 5 kills an hour. And assuming the 2.5% reported on ffxidb is accurate for all 3 nms.
 Asura.Bertoli
user: gario1
By Asura.Bertoli 2019-03-11 11:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have five pulse weapons across Bertoli's login mules. I had already planned to reactivate them for this month's empy mats, happy day.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-11 11:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew some people were not that bright but to pay 10M for a pulse cell.....
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22