New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » March 2019 Version Update
March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22
By fonewear 2019-04-01 17:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do like when people argue in different colors it doesn't make your point more valid...I just like green.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-04-01 17:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
fonewear said: »
According to my Excel spreadsheet...there is a 56.62% chance you are correct.

YOU DETESTABLE SLUG! Why are you are acting like I don't know that percentage is halved on arguments involving Saevel? I modified the very spreadsheet you are using, so I'm kind of an authority.

Don't bring Lord Kami-Guru's brother into this.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-01 17:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I do like when people argue in different colors it doesn't make your point more valid...I just like green.

Why you cisgendered sexist islamophobe incel how dare you question me!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-01 17:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm writing size 20 font cause I like to make big points.

Sometimes when you write in bold it kicks up the argument a few notches. And the underline is a nice artistic touch.

And you finish off the argument with a little bit of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-01 18:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Fone wins, I know when to admit defeat.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-01 18:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This post ensures you that this post meets the high standards of the FFXIAH March update. There are many posts like it but this one is mine.

[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-01 19:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel awkward here I am posting about March update while it's April...isn't that against the law ?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-01 23:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Why you cisgendered sexist islamophobe incel how dare you question me!!!

It was really more like this:

via Imgflip Meme Generator
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-01 23:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the reason I change colors and fonts is because half you ***lords won't read more than four lines properly if I don't appeal to your ADD.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-01 23:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I do love how it usually devolves like this though, Someone points out they were blatantly misrepresented, and it turns into a giant red-herring circle jerk to make the feelies go away.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2019-04-02 00:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why so many great contributors have given up posting and being helpful on this website.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-02 00:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
I do love how it usually devolves like this though, Someone points out they were blatantly misrepresented, and it turns into a giant red-herring circle jerk to make the feelies go away.

Being serious here, I appreciate many of your contributions (and Saevel's as well), but stuff was getting WAY too aggressive and angry from multiple parties. Sometimes the goofy joking is legitimately helpful to lighten the mood once things get that bitter, and the interaction you were involved in was a good example. (also, this is why Fone is the real MVP of FFXIAH)

And if you can't see the potential for first rate humor in:
Quote:
You dishonest little slime.

... then man, IDK what to tell you.
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-02 00:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes the goofy joking is legitimately helpful to lighten the mood once things get that bitter, and the interaction you were involved in was a good example.

It doesn't.

The correct solution is to instantly nip it in the bud and tell the two people to go hash it out in PMs and keep threads on topic and to stop derailing it with ***throwing.

The memes and jokes are pretty childish and serve to subvert discussion unnecessarily, and just further derail things even harder.

We need neither ***fests, or meme replies.

Let's instead be adults, civil, and maybe get back on topic?

If that seems fruitless, lets just let the damn thread die because its April and you people are arguing about ***on the March thread.

Let it die.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2019-04-02 00:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's not going to be limited to Pulse weapons, but I'm sure it will be a part of the reward system somehow. They just keep adding more gobbie box/sp key/anv keys/aman trove/bonanza events. They made clear their goal:

Quote:
Completing these new objectives will reward points that accumulate rather than reset, so the more you play, the more rewards you’ll be able to get!
Gimmie frickin Adoulin special dial for gobbie box or i'm going home!
By Sidiov 2019-04-02 01:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
The correct solution is to instantly nip it in the bud and tell the two people to go hash it out in PMs and keep threads on topic and to stop derailing it with ***throwing.
This is the dumbest most cliche suggestion that I wish would die. We get it you think you are more mature than the internet, but good God no one is ever going to do this.
[+]
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2019-04-02 02:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

sneaking up in EQ2 evil city to pick up a rune HAHAHAHA everything will kill me there no sneak invs omg

update i got it :O
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-02 03:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Being serious here, I appreciate many of your contributions (and Saevel's as well), but stuff was getting WAY too aggressive and angry from multiple parties. Sometimes the goofy joking is legitimately helpful to lighten the mood once things get that bitter, and the interaction you were involved in was a good example. (also, this is why Fone is the real MVP of FFXIAH)

And if you can't see the potential for first rate humor in:
Quote:
You dishonest little slime.

... then man, IDK what to tell you.

I agree with you guys, I do get hot under the hat at times, and it's not exactly the most mature thing to do... I just want to make one simple point:

Someone should be able to make a statement without someone dishonestly misrepresenting what they said, and then pretending like they did nothing wrong.

Often times this is done intentionally. I concede in this case it probably wasn't, but it's still a shitty thing to do, nonetheless... especially when you went out of your way to be clear about what you really mean.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-02 08:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes the goofy joking is legitimately helpful to lighten the mood once things get that bitter, and the interaction you were involved in was a good example.

It doesn't.

The memes and jokes are pretty childish and serve to subvert discussion unnecessarily, and just further derail things even harder.

If that seems fruitless, lets just let the damn thread die because its April and you people are arguing about ***on the March thread.

Let it die.

Is this your first day on the internet...I"m not sure if you understand how it works...

Also since when did you get to decide what the topic is...the topic changes so much I don't even know what it is...
By fonewear 2019-04-02 08:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the reason I change colors and fonts is because half you ***lords won't read more than four lines properly if I don't appeal to your ADD.

I'm sorry since you didn't post in green I ignored everything you wrote.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-02 09:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything the hostility of some users on here prevents any casual player from entering the discussion. Cause as soon as someone posts some random numbers...it turns into a hyper aggressive "No you" argument that is very petty.

I guess you can't have a normal conversation cause of the need to be right 100% of the time.

This is a game at the end of the day...and no amount of numbers can dictate how you should play it.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-04-02 09:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't.

Let it die.
That would be great if the world was perfect and people would actually do that every time it's asked. But often times even when told to do it, they don't.

Though there's another thing to say about it, we are all adults. Why the hell do we need to be told when to calm down and take things into a private conversation rather than making it a public spectacle? People shouldn't need to be babied at this point, we're responsible for our own actions and honestly people act like they don't realize that.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-04-02 10:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys what's goin' on in this thread
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-04-02 10:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
hey guys what's goin' on in this thread

They said something about a dishonest slime and Rdm creator.
By fonewear 2019-04-02 15:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a dishonest slime...but I could be a honest slime with some personal reflection.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-02 15:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's hoping Ranger gets something better than Sharpshot timer reduced...for update but that is exactly what I'm expecting.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-02 16:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's hoping Ranger gets something better than Sharpshot timer reduced...for update but that is exactly what I'm expecting.

You'll take your increased Recycle rate and love it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-02 17:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's literally going to be speration of Ja's and maybe.... maybe a small increase to damage per shot/ws
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-04-02 19:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest thing I'd see them doing is increasing the amount of leeway you have to stand in the sweet spot tbh
By Nariont 2019-04-02 20:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

only other thing I could see them doing is adjusting barrage so each shot gets calculated rather than if you miss 1 the rest are cancelled. Unless thats already been done.
By SimonSes 2019-04-02 20:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
only other thing I could see them doing is adjusting barrage so each shot gets calculated rather than if you miss 1 the rest are cancelled. Unless thats already been done.

That would probably kill the x3 damage proc on whole Barrage with Annihilator tho
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22