First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-11 06:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Drofrehter84 said: »
This might be a dumb question but if you already have the Pulse Cell: Co's for the Coruscanti and you defeat Qilin for the Ashen VW Path can you just trade the Pulse Cells to Ardrick for the weapon?

Yes. Once you have cleared the VW NM, you can trade the cells in for the weapon. You can collect the cells in advance of clearing the NM.
[+]
By Drofrehter84 2019-03-11 06:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Drofrehter84 said: »
This might be a dumb question but if you already have the Pulse Cell: Co's for the Coruscanti and you defeat Qilin for the Ashen VW Path can you just trade the Pulse Cells to Ardrick for the weapon?
Yes.

Thank you, I just wanted to clarify.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-11 06:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Written where?

Ok I'm sorry, I had brain fart when looking it up on bgwiki 50% from damage bonus looked like critical hit rate XD

Anyway assuming 100% Critical hit rate at 0TP is still WAY to optimistic imo, but we will see.
I don’t think the max critical rate will start before weaponskill calculations, because it will make the decay factor obsolete.
Assume that you do evisceration exactly at 1K, and based on Tauren description, and if indeed at 0 TP you get 100% critical rate, then you’re technically left with 66.66% chance to proc critical on ws [to me that’s more reasonable].
Your premis assumes that it’s almsot always going to be a forced critical on ws, which is absurdly OP.
Yet again, that’s also paradoxical because evisceration critical rate varies with TP...unless SE did this on purpose to give an edge to Tauren.
This also will change evisceration set, favoring multi-hits and critical DMG.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-03-11 07:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hamburgerz said: »
Man how do you all have so many pulse weapons. I have not seen one in over 4k Aello/Qilin/Uptalas. Not one . . ever. Since the implementation of voidwatch through all the light events.

While not necessarily reliable sources, pulse weapons are in the pool of things that the gobbie box and NNI event can give. Pretty much all of the ones I have came from one of those two things, and it's probably not a coincidence that they're running both the enhanced SP dial and NNI event this month.
By Drofrehter84 2019-03-11 07:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How difficult is Qilin for a pretty well geared SMN?
By Cronnus 2019-03-11 07:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a sagasinger on my 66th attempt. So maybe the favors are better that route for people trying to find a weapon. But it's too sexy to ever give up lol.

All in all nothing really looks that great(I mean if you already have a rema for your job). I dont feel its gonna be worth the headache for 50 page waits on asura sever. And the occasional resetting of tonberry hate? Probably will eat my words later.
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 07:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Also the real question if that almost max critical hit rate works for WS

It does. When abyssea first came out there's a very good reason that atma of the razed ruins was so powerful. Evisceration numbers were off the charts for that time in the game's lifespan. When paired with atma of the gnarled horn evisceration became far more consistent and overall higher damage both.

Try it out with a pair of mythril daggers or something low lvl enough to make it testable and see for yourself. But I guarantee if you can't get max crit rate on weaponskills the cap is damn close to 100%. But if normal melee has no critical hit rate cap, and it's a known fact that it doesn't because 100% critical hit rate parses have been posted before with very large sample sizes, then there's no reason to believe weaponskills are any different.

You misunderatood my queation. I obviously know crit hit rate worka for crit WSs. What I meant is with this dagger giving more crit rate at low tp, during ws what tp is taken for calculation. Usually WS is calculated after the tp is taken from you so it should have high crit chance bonus from dagget but im not sure. Maybe they crit rate is snapshoted before tp is taken.
By kingw777 2019-03-11 07:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So everyone knows, nni event the weps drop like leaves falling. My friend and I have every wep for glamor after two nni campaigns.. Happy pulse wep hunting all.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 07:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Written where?

Ok I'm sorry, I had brain fart when looking it up on bgwiki 50% from damage bonus looked like critical hit rate XD

Anyway assuming 100% Critical hit rate at 0TP is still WAY to optimistic imo, but we will see.
I don’t think the max critical rate will start before weaponskill calculations, because it will make the decay factor obsolete.
Assume that you do evisceration exactly at 1K, and based on Tauren description, and if indeed at 0 TP you get 100% critical rate, then you’re technically left with 66.66% chance to proc critical on ws [to me that’s more reasonable].
Your premis assumes that it’s almsot always going to be a forced critical on ws, which is absurdly OP.
Yet again, that’s also paradoxical because evisceration critical rate varies with TP...unless SE did this on purpose to give an edge to Tauren.
This also will change evisceration set, favoring multi-hits and critical DMG.

I have no idea why you assume such high numbers for this bonus. I would be happy if its +20% at 0TP decaying to 0% at 3000
TP. Your assumption of +100% is way too optymistic. 30% would be super high already.
By volkom 2019-03-11 07:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I kept all those pulse cells and didnt toss my glowy weapons xD
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-11 07:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Glad I kept all those pulse cells and didnt toss my glowy weapons xD
Yeah just wish I could trade my 10 glowys for cells atm :0
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-11 07:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah I'm gonna have to go through my mules to see if I still have a few left, was going to upgrade several weapons this month for funsies.

First on my list are
Axe / Polearm

Then
Dagger / Knuckles / Sword / Scythe

The GS's defense down looks... interesting but god the stats are horrible (DEX/INT/MND) and lol at MAB on a GS. Like some weapons got decent stats while others got random stuff that makes zero sense.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-11 07:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You misunderatood my queation. I obviously know crit hit rate worka for crit WSs. What I meant is with this dagger giving more crit rate at low tp, during ws what tp is taken for calculation. Usually WS is calculated after the tp is taken from you so it should have high crit chance bonus from dagget but im not sure. Maybe they crit rate is snapshoted before tp is taken.

I can't test it, but I suspect there's just a typo in the description as part of a localization error and instead of "based" it's supposed to be "base". IE if at 1000 tp eviscerations critical hit rate bonus is +10% this ups it + 30%, if the 2000 anchor tier is +25% then it becaomes 45%, if the 3000 mark is 50% this makes it 70%. Something like that. Whatever value they gave it is just applied as a flat percentage bonus across all ranges. Obviously just speculation and I have no idea what the actual values would be, but that's how I interpreted the text.
By Nyarlko 2019-03-11 07:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zanosan said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
The real question is what kinda glow effect the staff gets. There hasn't been a pulse staff until now.

quick, dat swap

It was shown in the FP. Kind of a black smoke effect.
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 08:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »

I can't test it, but I suspect there's just a typo in the description as part of a localization error and instead of "based" it's supposed to be "base". IE if at 1000 tp eviscerations critical hit rate bonus is +10% this ups it + 30%, if the 2000 anchor tier is +25% then it becaomes 45%, if the 3000 mark is 50% this makes it 70%. Something like that. Whatever value they gave it is just applied as a flat percentage bonus across all ranges. Obviously just speculation and I have no idea what the actual values would be, but that's how I interpreted the text.

Not sure why its so confusing for you here. Description is pretty clear. It adds unknown amount of critical hit rate at 0TP and that bonus decays to unknown amount with more TP you have. What im wondering is just when that bonus is snapshoted for WS calculation. Before TP is used for WS, or after TP is used for WS like it was with Blau Dolch.
By fonewear 2019-03-11 08:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
OH WOW. Go MNK. Thats neat.

"Auto-Attack": "Store TP"+50 gained when landing critical hits

Monk is great again !
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2019-03-11 08:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So Gorpa just disappeared on Valefor. I was halfway through chatting with him and he blinked out of existence. Had to force-crash the game to get playing again. Happen anywhere else?
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-11 08:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope all good here.
VIP
By Lili 2019-03-11 08:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
So Gorpa just disappeared on Valefor. I was halfway through chatting with him and he blinked out of existence. Had to force-crash the game to get playing again. Happen anywhere else?

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news25572.shtml

Quote:
The following NPC has been temporarily removed for investigation of possible issues.

"The NPC "Gorpa-Masorpa" in Mhaura

We will inform you again when the NPC reappears in-game.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-03-11 08:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gone on Ragnarok too
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-03-11 08:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

well that sucks
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-03-11 09:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

holy crap, glad I stockpiled a small collection of glowy weapons over the years.

I can tell you from experience that the meeble burrows glowys are probably gonna be the easiest ones to get. The droprate is about the same as the ZiTah HELMs but at least they're soloable to an extent for most people.

edit: cha-ching!

Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-03-11 09:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP NPC on Lakshmi as well.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-03-11 09:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd think they'd put a similar message on the EU Pol site given its in the afternoon here... but oh, no....

EDIT: They did, ...eventually.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-03-11 09:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone manage to confirm if the ambu weapons require any pulse weapon to trade or a specific one for each?
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-03-11 09:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, hot diggedy damn.

[+]
 Cerberus.Dierdren
Server: Cerberus
user: Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2019-03-11 09:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or is this update taking forever to dl and check files? Checking files nad at 6069 so far and only at 13% Was this update that huge?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-03-11 09:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

mine was finished while I took a shower / brushed my teeth. maybe 20 mins total.
 Cerberus.Dierdren
Server: Cerberus
user: Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2019-03-11 09:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Debating on Canceling and restarting maybe I got a bad update link
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 09:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Walpurgisnacht said: »
Do not buy Cells off the AH, someone bought all of them asap and put them up for a lot more (I guess).

Too late sir. The idiots are already out in full force...

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22