Forum » FFXI » General » February 2019 Version Update
February 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-25 11:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglows and pulse glows are two very different things. For one, they aren't visible outside of battle, so no standing around in Jeuno. Second, unless heavily modified (which I doubt they'll put any real effort into), some of the glow effects are very subtle. The club in particular is pretty lame.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-25 12:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The weapon models were clear, I don't recall anybody predicting they would glow though. Or the bonuses to main hand wsnm WSs. People started off saying this was the new starter weapons for new players. Then it turned into "magical stats" theme weapons. Then they slowly started competing vs actual rema(d) options.

They just keep pulling random rabbits out of the hat. At THIS point, you can conclude that A leads to B.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-02-25 12:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
The club in particular is pretty lame.

I don't have Adflictio, but from what a LS mate tells me, the black shadow effect blends into the design of the weapon and it is hard to see.
 Asura.Nimhir
Server: Asura
user: Nimhir
By Asura.Nimhir 2019-02-25 12:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be the case. Slightly noticeable. It's funny, I have one but I've never used the appearance because I don't play much DRK.

By volkom 2019-02-25 12:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Be cooler if it was red. Be like it was dripping blood
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-25 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Be cooler if it was Twilight Scythe model. The standard "Vassago's Scythe" black is pretty bland imo.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-02-25 12:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Be cooler if it was red. Be like it was dripping blood
Well aren't you in luck then. Because the Ambuscade Scythe's blade is recolored red.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-02-25 13:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ib4 the glow mat cost 1M gallantry, you just can purchase 1 per month and takes 10 to upgrade.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-25 14:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Obvious is obviously far from the right word here. While they INSIST on making everything glow. They do make it overly obnoxious to do so. Giving away what amounts to absolutely free glow is the exact opposite of obvious.

Now... If they make you use 10k plutons to make them glow... but if they just take another 20k hallmarks for glow thats not really their style.

Not to mention the dagger is pink (magenta) it's going to look very gaudy with lightning.

Heres hoping for an aura of glowing pink hearts.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-02-25 14:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Am I the only one NOT liking the idea of glowing Ambuscade Pulse Panoplia weapons? Assume they give it to all/most weapons, it would make those hard-to-obtain ones such as Tenkomaru almost redundant to have farmed. It means having a 'glowing' weapon, will no longer hold a status of 'oh wow, look at what he has!'. It will just be like every other lockstyle with everyone and their mule glowing. One of the things I actually kinda like about 11 was that they didn't just thrown out glowing gear to everyone. :(

Atm, everyone and their mule is glowing due to afterglow. Leave lockstyle Pulse Panoplia weapons alone!

lol try having gotten a afterglow mythic before everyone and their grandma had one. Made that quite pointless to have done. Not even a number aspect like the fishing rods, or any recognition whatsoever. I made the same complaint and since nobody else had it people gave 0 *** lol.
[+]
By Tarage 2019-02-25 14:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Excuse me.

I want my grip to glow god dammit!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-02-25 16:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Excuse me.

I want my grip to glow god dammit!

I want a rainbow rema aura that cycles colors.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-25 16:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a rema that can target and hit bots.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9