Valefor.Angierus said: »
Sub DRG
Sub DEEZ NUTZ.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-08 07:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Didn't read the whole topic, but does the note on fixing wave 3 Odin using his move more than once mean they fixed it so you can pup tank the wave 3 boss now? (previously used double zantet to wipe rr and then wipe party of puppet had hate)

That's not the issue with PUP tanks, it's that they can't hold hate for ***. If super RUN's can't hold hate off a group of double buffed melee's how in the hell is an gimped yet invincible PLD going to do it?

Maybe he meant pet LS, in which case holding hate against ppl is not an issue, but being wiped by odin is :)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 07:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Would be nice, but I can't see them intentionally buffing, say, Decimation from a 5.85 fTP WS to a 12.15 fTP WS.

Especially considering the single hit WS's got such a small WSDMG in comparison. And most of those, Savage Blade being the only exception, are dumpster fire to mediocre at best.

you should look at the ftp for Calamity and Mistral axe then.

up to 10.375 and 13.625 respectively.

I'm thinking it might be a typo cause Decimation wasn't a weak WS to begin with. You would be dual wielding so there is an extra hit and the fTP transfers so you use belt and depending on job maybe gorget. It's biggest problem was the damage not scaling past 1000 TP so it only was ever mediocre.

1.945 per hit and four hits makes 7.78125 at 50% STR. Gearing for MA it's not hard to reach +1.0 hit averaged so that's five hits at 9.726 fTP and 50% STR. Adding +120% damage would make it stupidly powerful, like 21.398 fTP worth of powerful. The stats are weird though, DEX INT and MND on an axe is ... off. MND I can kinda understand cause Could Splitter but the rest of axe WS's are STR with Primal being CHR.

Polearm is meh, Impulse Drive is weak at 1K but pretty strong at 3K.

Black Halo was a pretty strong WS, just with weird stat mods and very few good main hand options. This new weapon boosts it's damage to 9.093 fTP with 6.093 of that coming from the first hit. BLU's finally got their club DPS option.

Kaji Sword looks really really good for melee COR's or anyone else using a Savage Blade build.
By Nyarlko 2019-02-08 07:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Hey SE, you forgot to give the smn useful stats on the staff again.

Maybe from augs? They aren't going to add any sort of pet stats baseline at this point with only one more reforge stage to go.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 07:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub DRG

Tried that once, was too much of a DPS loss that you might as well just go /WHM.

Ultimately we landed on the high end melee's just all being prepared to "co-tank" the main boss. Somewhere around 70~80% all the DD's had capped hate anyway so the boss would just rotate between swinging at us or the tanks. Of course the Leaden COR (and TF RNG when we played with that) didn't have to worry about anything since magic WS's generate low enmity.

And before anyone tries to get cute with "just bring an army of COR's... lolz duh", tried that too. Using the same WS in rapid succession cause's the MB to build resistance to that WS in a very noticeable fashion. One person using a WS constantly isn't' enough to trigger it but two will have that WS doing crap damage really fast. SE been thinking ahead of us.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-02-08 08:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Adding +120% damage would make it stupidly powerful, like 21.398 fTP worth of powerful. The stats are weird though, DEX INT and MND on an axe is ... off. MND I can kinda understand cause Could Splitter but the rest of axe WS's are STR with Primal being CHR..

With resolution set on war decimation with this buff will do 42k on avg with capped pdif. Doesnt sound game breaking when you take into account that it doesnt self sc and you have no aftwrmath attached.

All weapons got mnd dex and int. In next update they will most likely get str vit and chr.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 08:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a one handed weapon with no fTP growth that transfers it's multiplier to all hits, the definition of something you dual wield. Also it's only 50% STR so you need to tune the sets a bit, I'll be upgrading the axe because it's my Cloudsplitter weapon and will test this out.

Also 42K ~averaged~ on a 1K spam WS is extremely good, better then most other WS's. Don't confuse 1K results with people who WS at 2~3K for the bragging numbers.
By fonewear 2019-02-08 08:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is red mage great though ?

I heard red mage is the greatest job of all time.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-08 08:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its very good for 1000tp I was pointing that out one page ago, but is it game breaking? I honestly have no idea how good is ws frequency of dual wielding war. BLU expacion is in similar damage range at 1000 tp but with tp bonus offhand so it slightly limited for some content. What has better tp generation tho blu with am3 and high multihit or war with super high DA? Its for sure interesting and I looking forward to some real tests.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-08 08:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it might be for sure the easiest entry to high dps. You can get that axe and barbarity+1 in few hours and close to bis tp and ws set is kinda cheap too with argosy +1 being only thing that costs more (still only around 30m for body, hands and legs)
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-02-08 08:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else experience a character unable to log in since the update? one of my alts cannot connect. I choose the character, get to the downloading data screen and then disconnected saying cannot communicate with the server. All my alts on that account are also experiencing this, but my other characters can access the game just fine..

Found the issue to be with Googles DNS.

Did you solve it with a “resolution”?
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-02-08 08:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Is red mage great though ?

I heard red mage is the greatest job of all time.

Red mage is Bestmage.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Cronnus 2019-02-08 09:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also it might be for sure the easiest entry to high dps. You can get that axe and barbarity+1 in few hours and close to bis tp and ws set is kinda cheap too with argosy +1 being only thing that costs more (still only around 30m for body, hands and legs)

And just like that the first Barbarity +1 has popped on AH and someones trying to make some gil from it lol. I stopped at 9mil trying to get. Not worth it. So good luck to the next guy lol.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-02-08 09:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
XI View icons reverted after patch update. Don't know whether or not to use old ones or wait for updated dats
I got you, fam. Updated Jean Paul icons
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 09:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cronnus said: »

And just like that the first Barbarity +1 has popped on AH and someones trying to make some gil from it lol. I stopped at 9mil trying to get. Not worth it. So good luck to the next guy lol.

Just augment a Digirbalag and augment the heck out of it. WSD doesn't do anything for Decimation. Another option is a maxed Vampirism. Off hand doesn't need high DMG and lower delay is actually preferable. I'd actually probably want to use a Vamp if there was any chance I'd be doing CS since that does link with Decimation for light.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-08 10:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cronnus said: »

9Mil isn't even close to what you think that might cost...
For comparison, Blurred shield +1 hovers between 6-7m. The synth for Barbarity +1 is (I don't know the lingo for this) super duper rare tier. I wouldn't expect Barbarity +1 to sell for a penny less than 40M, considering it has the highest WSD of any 1h weapon, highest STR, and can be paired with the above mentioned shield for a whopping +15% WSD. It's also the best Axe outside of REMA for mixing and matching Cloudsplitter + Mistral Axe (and now Decimation), as the one-size-fits-all Fencer axe.

It has zero AH history, so I'm guessing the buyer went for the stars and set it at 100M and just seeing who is desperate enough to grab one. But I think 40M is what it would be worth currently (with no history)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 10:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's also the best Axe outside of REMA for mixing and matching Cloudsplitter + Mistral Axe (and now Decimation), as the one-size-fits-all Fencer axe.

No, not for Decimation and not for Cloudsplitter. Decimation gets nothing from WSD and is only 50% STR, the above mentioned Digirbalag would be a better match with Vampirism also likely working better build wise. Best Axe for both of those WS's main hand is Kaja Axe and it's likely upgraded version. The jobs that use Cloudsplitter tend to have very low MAB but plenty of WSD. I have Barbarity and Elata/Blurred +1 beat it out. Barbarity +1 / Blurred +1 is for pure Mistral Axe spamming, though if we're doing that then it would be better to go with a Savage Blade build.

When I get home I'll tally up my CS build to get the base DMG on it then add up the WSD / mDiff with and without Acumen. 218 Magic DMG isn't huge, but it's not something to be ignored when the alternative has 0 while Kaji has far more Magic Accuracy, Magic Accuracy Skill, regular Accuracy and Attack (for when that matters).
By Torzak 2019-02-08 10:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the first things I pondered about was THF Savage Blade after I read the notes before going to bed. Anyone played with that? I'm surprised it's not been mentioned as of yet.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 10:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
One of the first things I pondered about was THF Savage Blade after I read the notes before going to bed. Anyone played with that? I'm surprised it's not been mentioned as of yet.

THF doesn't have access to large amounts of TP Bonus and Savage sucks at 1K. The reason Savage seems so powerful is that the two jobs putting out big numbers have non-conventional sources for large TP Bonus's. COR's have 1000TP Bonus on a gun, WAR's get over 1000 from a JT, everyone else is stuck with 250 from an earring.
By Torzak 2019-02-08 10:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

THF has access to a fairly considerable amount of WS DMG % gears & Crit DMG % gears and can force it to crit. Even if you had to wait for slightly higher TP numbers before doing it, it still seems like it could be interesting.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 11:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

THF has access to a fairly considerable amount of WS DMG % gears & Crit DMG % gears and can force it to crit. Even if you had to wait for slightly higher TP numbers before doing it, it still seems like it could be interesting.

I think at this point that Rudra's would be a better option since Aenas exists (though might not be best for pure total DPS anymore).

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Savage_Blade

Savage is 50% STR / 50% MND two hit WS with the first getting a large TP growth.

4.0 10.25 13.75

COR's start with 1250 TP Bonus, WAR's have 1080 TP Bonus (1780 with Warcry Up).
Gives COR's 11.125 + 2.0 (dual wielding) fTP
WAR's 10.53 + 1.0 (fencer) fTP, 12.98 + 1.0 with Warcry.

THF's would have 5.5625 + 2.0 (dual wielding) fTP

Rudras on the other hand, one hit WS with 80% DEX WSC

5.0 10.19 13

Non-Aenas THF would have 6.2975 + 1.0 (dual wielding) http://fTP.
Aenas THF would have 8.8925 + 1.0 (dual wielding) http://fTP.

DEX is a better mod for THF anyway, plus it gets added to damage post-fTP.

I just don't see a reason a THF would want to use a Sword.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-02-08 11:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the new sword be better than sequence for savage?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 11:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Would the new sword be better than sequence for savage?

No cause 500TP is a huge increase in damage. That sword is for CORs and maybe WARs.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-02-08 11:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there not occasions where people specifically ask for a Savage Blade capable DD?

Is Savage Blade's Fragmentation/Scission a property THF has access to using just Daggers?

Did you consider the angle of fun? Or just because?

Did you consider holding TP to something higher than 1k as a THF and the subsequent skill chain dmg that would come from closing off of fusion with a high TP savage?

Or did you just jump to optimal TP spam with zero thinking outside of the box?

I mean, if you want to be nitty gritty on the optimal scenarios and have no consideration for angles of fun or specific use cases, you'll win the argument hands down. I'm not trying to make a case for the sword being optimal for THF in all situations, though. lol I just said that I think it'd be interesting and I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet.

Quote:
DEX is a better mod for THF anyway, plus it gets added to damage post-fTP.

You can still more or less gear and WS with Savage with most of the same kinds of gears (subtle changes, maybe). They all have some amount of STR & MND on them, afterall.
By Nariont 2019-02-08 11:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shark bite

Its got a niche for when youd want slashing dmg on thf, bout it, far as fun goes, well falls in same realm as hepa h2h war, you can do it sure, but theres better routes of dmg
[+]
By aisukage 2019-02-08 11:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Had someone on discord mention this but for ninja joking around saying in before NINs goto WS is savage blade over katana WSs which i thought was funny but as saveal said the 2 jobs that will get most use out of this sword is COR and Fencer build WAR.

Also you asked for peoples oppinions and it was given to you that it sucks. You then try to justify its damage saying how thf gets so much WSD gear. At which saveal said it still sucks. You then take a full circle and say oh it's just for fun/skillchains etc. Then why even try to justify it is strong for THF if its just for fun purposes? You asked. He answered and you didn't like the answer.

*shrug*
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-08 12:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Savage Blade's Fragmentation/Scission a property THF has access to using just Daggers?

Well, it's mostly because people dont want to make skillchains and mostly use Savage Blade and Resolution, but those WSs are not the only ones working in this situation. THF has Shark Bite, which is not Rudra's ofc, but it's quite strong WS. Savage will be for sure upgrade here, but only a damage upgrade, not opportunity upgrade.

Btw

Raging fists
Dragon Kick
Victory Smite (just dont make 2 in a row)
King's Justice
Tachi: Shoha
Camlann's (dont make 2 in a row)

also works for this situation.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9