Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-25 02:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No full list that I know of, you just kinda have to know where they all come from.

VW Legion Escha Meebles

Some of them are pretty cool lol. Adflictio. Coruscanti. The rest are mediocre. Honorable mention for Mura, bubbles.

Here's most of them
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Pulse_Panoplia
By Draylo 2019-02-25 02:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, will be nice to toss the ones i've held for lockstyle and replace with actual useable weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-02-25 04:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sagasinger, Asteria, Gusterion, and Tenkomaru won't be replaced, though. And did there ever exist a staff or a bow with such a visual effect (when drawn)?
By kishr 2019-02-25 05:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I made the 1h axe a few years back, it's just rocks falling off the edge, not too special, and only does it when engaged, so guessing it's same for these.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Himthige

This page has a pic of the war 2h axe
It's exactly the same, it's just rehashed graphics already able to get for lock styles.

Sam GK had a hidden effect I didn't know about, turns ws into non attribute, so guess don't need requiscat for ru'an caturae.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-02-25 06:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Devalues my 1/3 flaming great axes.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-25 08:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey it means they will be great for lockstyles, some of those looked awesome.
By eliroo 2019-02-25 08:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they will give them some form of Aftermath.
By fonewear 2019-02-25 08:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see the shouts on Asura now flaming warrior can I have it ?
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-02-25 09:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Why won't they make Dashing Subligar glow?
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-02-25 09:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one NOT liking the idea of glowing Ambuscade Pulse Panoplia weapons? Assume they give it to all/most weapons, it would make those hard-to-obtain ones such as Tenkomaru almost redundant to have farmed. It means having a 'glowing' weapon, will no longer hold a status of 'oh wow, look at what he has!'. It will just be like every other lockstyle with everyone and their mule glowing. One of the things I actually kinda like about 11 was that they didn't just thrown out glowing gear to everyone. :(

Atm, everyone and their mule is glowing due to afterglow. Leave lockstyle Pulse Panoplia weapons alone!
[+]
By fonewear 2019-02-25 09:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep you should probably throw away your REMA glowing weapons. They are junk now.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-02-25 10:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Yep you should probably throw away your REMA glowing weapons. They are junk now.

>->
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-25 10:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if this means we'll be waiting a few months for RDM part 2.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-25 10:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
It means having a 'glowing' weapon, will no longer hold a status of 'oh wow, look at what he has!'

People could already buy pulse cells and create a glow lockstyle weapon from scratch with zero effort. The effect is merely cosmetic, nobody truly "cares" what someone else has, its all equitable at this point.

Makes me wonder why they released so many vanity weapons, just to release a full line of glow sticks. RIP Artemis Bow, you didn't even last one month.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-02-25 10:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It means having a 'glowing' weapon, will no longer hold a status of 'oh wow, look at what he has!'

People could already buy pulse cells and create a glow lockstyle weapon from scratch with zero effort. The effect is merely cosmetic, nobody truly "cares" what someone else has, its all equitable at this point.

Makes me wonder why they released so many vanity weapons, just to release a full line of glow sticks. RIP Artemis Bow, you didn't even last one month.
This, plus even if a large amount of people have them now Afterglow is still more fancy and status showing especially for things like Epeolatry and Idris which themselves require months to build from scratch because of the prereqs.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-02-25 10:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »

If I had to make an assumption all spell adjustmets will take place in a month themselves so they don't throw off things and leave things feeling half baked.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-25 10:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the ambiguous way they worded it, at least in the english version, I'm afraid some of us might be expecting a bit too much, and that will unavoidably lead to disappointment.

My impression is that the spell adjustment they briefly mentioned won't be a "RDM" one, but a "mages" one that will touch all major majes, RDM included.
I feel like they're gonna be adding that around the time when they will be adjusting BLM, SCH, GEO and SCH.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-25 10:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bows and guns don't glow, so it was already useless as a "lockstyle" and still is. It just looks cool in your inventory.

At least... none do yet. This bow might. Kinda doubt it though because there should've been at least one by now.

it's probably too much effort to make it work with the way ranged weapons are animated. You would probably at most get something like the first few frames of JR when you draw the bow at best.
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-25 10:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Aside from the ambiguous way they worded it, at least in the english version, I'm afraid some of us might be expecting a bit too much, and that will unavoidably lead to disappointment.

My impression is that the spell adjustment they briefly mentioned won't be a "RDM" one, but a "mages" one that will touch all major majes, RDM included.
I feel like they're gonna be adding that around the time when they will be adjusting BLM, SCH, GEO and SCH.
That would be way better than what I was expecting. I anticipated enspell 2 adjustment and that's all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-25 10:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is SE's low key defacto "Graphics Update" - releasing tons of new weapon/vanity models and glow effects. Make it accessible to everybody. They know how much people wanted new graphics, and this is their response.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-02-25 10:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenkomaru

It looks like the weapon types that have multiple glow options are getting the easiest (IMO) VW, pulse-cell-able varieties, at least from comparing the icons. Kaja Sword becomes Ephemeron, knife is Coruscanti, GKT is Muru...muru... the Uptala one. Tenkomaru, Sagasinger, Gusterion and (to a much lesser extent) Asteria owners, rejoice...?

Curious what they will do with the staff, as there isn't a glow variety in game yet.

EDIT: Also, where is the Marksmanship/Detonator weapon? My THF would love a higher Racc option for the -DEF bolts...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-25 10:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Kaja Sword becomes Ephemeron

I mean, they might as well. In roughly 2500 Aellos, I've yet to see one Ephemeron. Let Pulse Panoplia die a thousand deaths.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-02-25 11:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

12,000 qilin spread over 3 characters and I have not seen 1 coruscanti. I'm still recovering stones from the last Voidwatch campaign, I didn't want to bother participating in this one with only 400 stones lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-25 11:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one I don't have is Asteria, people really didn't like Botolus Rex
By FaeQueenCory 2019-02-25 11:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

All the Kaja versions use the same icon, but are recolors of the Eletta versions. The Eletta versions are identical to the nonpulse versions of the pulse weapons.

Axe = Aytanri (dropping rocks)
Chopper = Himthige (fire)
Claymore = Borealis (icy mist)
Katana = Ikarigiri (swirly wind)
Knife = Coruscanti (electric sparks)
Knuckles = Girru (fire) (Also, now that they're cherry-red, that'll be something to see.)
Lance = Delphinius (electric sparks)
Rod = Dukkha (sparkles, like glitter)
Scythe = Adflictio (dark mist)
Sword = Ephemeron (windy distortion... the katana and dagger version is better)
Tachi = Murasamemaru (drips water)

The Bow and Staff lack any pulse versions from 99 content. But that's a pretty easy thing to do for the staff... I wouldn't hold my breath for the bow... but you never know.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-25 11:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been pretty obvious that the last stage(s) would be pulse glows since the stage 3 Eletta versions.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-25 11:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Obvious? lol, they just announced this today they would glow. We're still waiting on the augments/last skill update.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-25 11:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They all had the same models (when possible) as the pulse weapons, as also stated in the post above mine. I mean if you can't look at a list and figure that out, I don't know what to tell you. Some of those models have been used very sparingly over the years (such as Coruscanti).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-25 11:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Obvious is obviously far from the right word here. While they INSIST on making everything glow. They do make it overly obnoxious to do so. Giving away what amounts to absolutely free glow is the exact opposite of obvious.

Now... If they make you use 10k plutons to make them glow... but if they just take another 20k hallmarks for glow thats not really their style.

Not to mention the dagger is pink (magenta) it's going to look very gaudy with lightning.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9