Getting A Mythic Is... Annoying...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » getting a mythic is... annoying...
getting a mythic is... annoying...
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-10 17:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
My only wish is Copper Vouchers worked towards Nyzul and Einherjar points....I hate that part.

Considering they work on other assaults, I can 100% get behind this for Nyzul.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-10 17:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be nice.

You can use them to totally skip plasm/shards for ergons. and use them to make bayld into HP bayld (though highly not recommended)
By DaneBlood 2019-01-10 19:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Good forbid a game had something to do and didn't just give you all items from the get go and a big shiny congratualtions you won with no effort trophy.

Mythics are easy to do especailly now
[+]
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-01-10 19:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's right. Mythics are a lot easier now than they used to be. And people who are only making them now are complaining how hard it is? Don't make me laugh.

Try making them when ToaU first came out. People nowadays are spoiled with how easy things have gotten. I'm not complaining myself but those complaining now, have no idea.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-10 19:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Tfw people think unengaging tedium and difficulty are the same thing.
Pretty much. You don't want to do the same stupid event over and over again for 10 hours because it's about as exciting as watching flies ***?

YOU ARE SUCH A BABY GOOD GOD
YOU ARE PLAYING THE WRONG GAME.
Or I'd rather be doing relevant content instead spamming decade old face roll content. The only challenging part of making a mythic is staying focused long enough to make sure you dont die to dread spikes if you get the vampire boss in einherjar. Or during your Odin kill.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-01-10 19:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You aren't worthy of a Mythic if you can't overcome the overwhelming mental burden it seems to have on you..

Stay easy and go back to FFXIV..
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-10 19:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They should just put them in the log in campaign for 500 points

*fully afterglowed

For real though, mythic is a pain in the ***. a bunch of dumb pointless ***that IS really obnoxious. But.. I also would prefer that there was only one mythic, and it would change based on the job you're wearing it for. Piss on doing all that noise more than once. and all that wasted inventory space.

250 points and you got yourself a deal !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2019-01-10 20:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythics are easy to make now, especially with ASE. Like stated above, try making one when TOAU came out at 75 era. I wish there was a list for people who made a mythic a year within TOAU came out. If I had to guess, that list would be no more of 5 or 10. Remember when Alex was non AH'able and it was over 10k? Also remember when there was no wraps. Not hard now, just a little effort. Of all the years I've played I don't think I ever saw a mythic at 75 era, was really rare. Props to those people.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-01-10 20:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

like nobody is insisting mythics are hard to get
[+]
 Leviathan.Azhura
Server: Leviathan
user: Azhura
By Leviathan.Azhura 2019-01-10 22:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Mythics are much easier to build now than the level 75 era. No you don't have to build one. I'm not sure either of these things are counter points to the OP--which is that building a Mythic is an order of magnitude greater than building any other legendary weapon. Pointing this out isn't whining and asking for some relief isn't asking for the weapon to be handed out for no effort.

Having said that, Some players gravitate towards Mythics because they come at a higher cost and therefore feel more rewarding, so I get some of the backlash.

As I see it the issue here breaks 3 different ways:
1. There is no issue. The relative difficulty in obtaining REMA is arbitrary and allows the player to pick their path and still have a comparable weapon for endgame content.
2. These issue here is balance. All REMA should have roughly equal difficulty/time/gil investments. SE needs to scale content appropriately.
3. The issue here is reward. The process for obtaining REMA should remain the same, but the weapons and attributes/abilities they bestow should be scaled to reflect the effort the player commits to obtaining one.

Honestly, I wouldn't fault anyone for taking any of the above positions.

From a practical standpoint I'd say that position 2 is not very likely. I doubt the devs want to spend any significant time quantifying effort spent building a REMA and adjusting game mechanics in an attempt to balance them. If there is any change to these mechanics they will be small in scale and unlikely to change time/resources spent up or down.

Position 3 is also highly unlikely. The devs just rolled out augments for REMA and it was pretty clear that they didn't take comparative difficulty into consideration.

Personally I come down on number 3. Since that's not likely to happen, I'd recommend the following minor adjustments in the interest of streamlining the process:

1. Make Alex storeable, preferably with the rat that you trade it to in the end.
2. Change the einherjar from a one game day cool down to a limit of 24 per rl day.
3. Get rid of the zeni increases and/or make zeni purchasable via some vouchers
4. Change znm pops to KI and remove the need to warp back to trade the drop to the npc. Rather, make the T1 KI pops free from the npc and deduct zeni when you pop the NM. Whoever pops the nm gets a KI to pop a T2 etc. If you like you can let the T4 and above continue to drop the items since i'm sure someone would object to having the ability to Merc the T4 taken away.

None of this would significantly reduce the amount of time or effort it takes to build a mythic but it would take some of the more tedious aspects and make them less...annoying, which i believe was the OP complaint.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-10 22:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the amount of work for a mythic is commensurate with the kind of weapon it has as it relates to the story behind them. Relic weapons, to a certain extent, has a story, albeit brief. Mythics by far have the grandest storyline with the longest questline to accompany it. Empyreans and Aeonics have practically no story. So naturally relics, empyreans, and aeonics can be completed quickly. Ergons have a story that starts with unlocking the job, and all of the adoulin quests afterward have some branch shoot of that story involved afterward. So it makes sense that those weapons take longer to acquire. Six months longer? Not quite.

As a player who never read one dialogue of story in this entire games lore (the first time around), I never had any real interest in taking that much time for a backstory behind a weapon, so it didn't interest me to build one. The other weapons appealed as quicker goals. Mythics appear to be weapons for people who really just like their job, and don't mind all the mundane Tasks required to make one. It's more about the journey than the destination. The people who feel like the work to make a mythic is too much are people who don't really value goals, just shinnies

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-10 23:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is hard in this game, Just varying levels of annoying. Mythic is tedious, but Ergon is plain ridiculous. They really need to at the very least cut the timeframe from 6mo to 3mo.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-01-10 23:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Nothing is hard in this game, Just varying levels of annoying. Mythic is tedious, but Ergon is plain ridiculous. They really need to at the very least cut the timeframe from 6mo to 3mo.

Strongly agreed. That Time-Gate is ridiculous
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-11 00:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Or at least remove the coalition and mog garden requirements for the shovel cordon key items.
By Sieve 2019-01-11 00:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, every new character made should start at lvl 99 for all jobs with each REMA piece on hand. I don't want to play this game, I just want to be the best on the server. This is ridiculous. Can someone just play the game for me? Why can't I have everything now. Ugghhhh....
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-01-11 00:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

OP makes thread and doesn't make a single reply or comment after. All I can think of is:

[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-01-11 02:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Einherjar cooldown is RL hour, not gameday. Really the gate just needs removed entirely. They should also remove the rl day from Zhaolym and increase droprate on alex, none of which is difficult. That being said more frequent stone related events help, or increasing the amount buyable from ambu, 7k beitetsu is just lol...
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-11 02:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Einherjar cooldown is RL hour, not gameday. Really the gate just needs removed entirely. They should also remove the rl day from Zhaolym and increase droprate on alex, none of which is difficult. That being said more frequent stone related events help, or increasing the amount buyable from ambu, 7k beitetsu is just lol...

I be happy if they just removed the 3 party limit on einherjar, So tired of fighting 3,4,5+ ppl to enter.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-11 03:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I be happy if they just removed the 3 party limit on einherjar, So tired of fighting 3,4,5+ ppl to enter.

Team up with morons soloing. Just like ambuscade, there's no excuse for soloing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-11 03:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Team up with morons soloing. Just like ambuscade, there's no excuse for soloing.

No one will join up, you can ask down there all day and people will ignore you lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-01-11 04:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Make bahlrans eyepatch, wyrmseeker areuhat and assaults logs AH-able and possible reward to gobbiedial.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-11 04:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Never encountered this issue, I'm usually alone in area.

I'm surprised they haven't communicated about removing Einherjar lockout though, it makes no sense at all nowadays.

Salvage I can somewhat understand given the number of bots on my server (they bot the worse areas as a result). I'm surprised Asura isn't botted 24/7 in that regard.
By DaneBlood 2019-01-11 07:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

W

THIS so much this.
Todays FFXI is is no longer a full MMO
With all the trust and ***ppl tends to things is a single player game with a nice chat system.

Nobody teams up for anything anymore they go "solo"
and for a lot of ppl that mean just watching your tank healer and buffer trust do the work for you.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-11 07:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
W

THIS so much this.
With all the trust and ***ppl tends to things is a single player game with a nice chat system.

and for a lot of ppl that mean just watching your tank healer and buffer trust do the work for you.

Ambu makes sense, You have incentive to party up cause you get more galantry that way, as for Einj, All you gain is time wasted trading that person the lamp, then waiting for them to enter. In most cases, you can have the first wave dead before the rest of party gets in and does self buffs. Its faster wins alone so I understand why people solo that but still, the lockout is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Asura.Koyote
user: omegaxll
By Asura.Koyote 2019-01-11 08:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

W

THIS so much this.

i wish SE could make some events where u just CANT uses trusts, as people can't solo it
By DaneBlood 2019-01-11 08:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Koyote said: »
W

THIS so much this.

i wish SE could make some events where u just CANT uses trusts, as people can't solo it

my personal opion ( off topic sorry)
Would be to improve on the follower. make the follwo useable more and... GEARABLE.
and then kill off trust og disalbe it for new areas

1: it increasse the need for teamup
2: reduces the spot getting fillwed with trust
4: it still provides assitance for ppl that likes to paly a non solo job
4: its one more todo in the game. and alot of stuff you dont use anymore could be useable for the npc

in short: this way the follwoer would increase in content and things to do rather than decrease it
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-01-11 15:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The what?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10