Getting A Mythic Is... Annoying...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » getting a mythic is... annoying...
getting a mythic is... annoying...
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-06 10:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
heh i always end up with only a handuful of unlocks on old salvage, just relying on 119 weapon to carry me.
yea that works on certain jobs, but like smn for example, sucks lol
By Jetackuu 2019-04-06 11:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

the einherjar wait is brutal when you're just trying to finish. Minimum 52 hours.
By fonewear 2019-04-06 12:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should put mythic weapons in logon campaigns cause it is so annoying.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 12:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think they should put mythic weapons in logon campaigns cause it is so annoying.

I'm down. Give everything away. That'll keep people logged in, and out of my way. Win/Win
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-04-06 13:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I always liked myzul isle, I prolly had 200k tokens on my old account, that's the easiest grind to me. I can do it in my sleep.
By FievelPhoenix 2019-04-06 14:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding tokens and ichor to copper vouchers would be great.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-04-06 15:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
the einherjar wait is brutal when you're just trying to finish. Minimum 52 hours.

just a complete idiot with too much money would end up with everything complete without ever touching einherjar.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 15:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh. Not really that simple. No one does ein in prep of maybe doing a mythic a year from now.

Square changes the meta, then you go oh ***I want a mythic and I have no blood! Now you're stuck.

It's not like coalitions where you are expected to do them every day, without excuse.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-06 15:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was originally working on my mythic weapons, by completing one I set my two other characters up for success and saved myself a lot of headache once I was ready for Yagrush and Carnwenhan
By Jetackuu 2019-04-06 16:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »

just a complete idiot with too much money would end up with everything complete without ever touching einherjar.

Because that is the only time one would want to spam a section of it down, right...

You're not very bright. *** a single mythic isn't even that much gil, you really are dumb.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-04-06 17:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Because that is the only time one would want to spam a section of it down, right...

if you had to spam alex yourself you'd run into short cooldowns that pretty much beg to squeez one run of einherjar in.

ofc you'll argue "but i make bazillions/hr doing XYZ" just to complain later online cause you run into a bottleneck that could have been avoidable if you did it the right way.

You're not very bright. *** a single mythic isn't even that much gil, you really are dumb.

yeah, you are clearly outsmarting me any time of the day.
By Nariont 2019-04-06 17:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There isnt really a right way to get a mythic, specially not the drites, every other aspect of mythics is something that can be easily spammed or paid for, ein being an hr bottleneck along with congestion on asura is awful, no getting around that really.
By Viciouss 2019-04-06 17:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no way I'm going to allow myself to get bottlenecked into just ichor, I mean I can kinda see how that could happen if you are just buying the Alex, which is probably what I'm gonna do, but still.
By Nariont 2019-04-06 17:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have the means already its just something that can end up happening, nyzul spam can be fairly quick, alex gathering varies depending on supply/amount you're willing to pay for, HNMs/chariots can all be cleared fairly quickly if im not mistaken, that just leaves assaults and ichor as your big roadblocks, and assaults can also be done fairly quickly though a few can take some retries.
By Shichishito 2019-04-06 17:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

you can pay for the alex and scorias. only if you decide to pay mercs for the rest of the quest you have to live with the einherjar bottleneck.

mercing was never ment to be part of the equation.

its a MMO, the journey is the destination. i don't like timed lockouts either but they are pretty much forced to implement them if everyone pays/cheats their way to the finish line.
By Boshi 2019-04-06 18:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

jesus christ it's 2019
By Nariont 2019-04-06 18:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

? theres plenty of people sitting on enough gil to fund large chunks if not the entire alex/scoria part, alex was always meant to be bought, much like every other currency for ultimates.

Dont need to merc anything for nyzul, 3 man setup can get it done in a couple days if that, assaults can be done in the same time frame, ZNMs take roughly an hr~2 to get to respective tier, sa;vage chariots can all be completed quickly, outside of the ein bottleneck its not unlikely to get everything but ein done in a week that isnt monetary, less depending on how much time you want to invest/day. You will end up with some large chunk of time spent waiting on ein cooldowns unless you farm every bit of alex yourself
By Shichishito 2019-04-06 18:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
unless you farm every bit of alex yourself

or at least a good portion of it, thats the way its ment to be done.
you could even add alex you earned from ambuscade, buy lots of them on the AH and maybe just farm one half yourself in salvage and you'd still not bump into the einherjar bottleneck.

people who accumulated obscene amounts of gil got them by botting a crafting shield early on or some other sort of loophole that shouldn't exist.

imho those people simply don't have the right to complain about that type of bottleneck. if anything you have to prays SE for still haveing at least one cockblock in store for those folks.
By Nariont 2019-04-06 18:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

the way its ment to be done.

not at all, even now its a largely buyable process, and it was especially so when it was 75 cap and you only got a handful of alex a run, 90% of a players supply, was from other players, same for dyna currency, same for plates. Now you can get it all done on your own, sure, but to say doing ti all on your own was how it was "meant" to be, is just personal preferance
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-04-06 18:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

A whole bunch of dumb ***
Yeah, you're a moron.

Viciouss said: »
There is no way I'm going to allow myself to get bottlenecked into just ichor, I mean I can kinda see how that could happen if you are just buying the Alex, which is probably what I'm gonna do, but still.

It's easier to do than you'd expect. Especially if you have all your assaults done already. Considering it takes all of 5 minutes to do einherjar the hour wait is insane, especially if you multibox and bring multiple lamps.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-04-06 19:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

merc

Who would merc anything for a mythic (short of some of the really stupid assaults?)

I mean I guess I could see paying people for their pops instead of farming a bunch of t4 znm pops when doing trials.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 19:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting bottlenecked is the easiest part of it lol. There is nothing you can do about it. It takes 40~ hours no matter what. You can do get 600k tokens in that time frame. You can do 1000 assault clears in that time frame. You can farm hundreds of millions of gil in that time frame.

But you're ***out of luck on blood no matter how you do it. Unless you pre-plan to do the mythic and do blood first.

And god forbid you people team up. holy *** that'd be insane to not solo your einherjar.

If you could just roll in, enter and bang it out that'd be one thing but you've got to spam the damn door for 10 minutes. You could say... it's... annoying
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-06 19:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Who would merc anything for a mythic (short of some of the really stupid assaults?)

ive seen people yell to merc the znms, the assaults, nyzul runs, you name it. only one i can understand to a point is znm pops and even thats not really necessary
By Jetackuu 2019-04-06 19:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ive seen people yell to merc the znms, the assaults, nyzul runs, you name it. only one i can understand to a point is znm pops and even thats not really necessary

Not necessary but if somebody else has the pop and you just need the kill and not the drop it makes more sense then making 3 pops you don't need. People are dumb though.
By Shichishito 2019-04-06 19:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you're a moron.
A whole bunch of dumb ***
People are dumb though.

such articulate,
much wow.
By Jetackuu 2019-04-06 20:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget your helmet, kid.
By Drofrehter84 2019-04-08 17:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished my assault logs last night and I am so glad to be done with assaults. Honestly, that would be the only thing keeping me from doing another Mythic in the future. One step closer to my Nirvana though.
By DaneBlood 2019-04-15 07:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

the way its ment to be done.

not at all, even now its a largely buyable process, and it was especially so when it was 75 cap and you only got a handful of alex a run, 90% of a players supply, was from other players, same for dyna currency, same for plates. Now you can get it all done on your own, sure, but to say doing ti all on your own was how it was "meant" to be, is just personal preferance

You have to realise you are quoting the person that thought making decent gil from cleaving during gainexp was a pipe dream.

This person probably don't have a stable way of making gil in the game under todays condition, so under 75 cap probably non at all.

So from his worldview he is probably right.
By kishr 2019-04-15 08:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 8 and still explaining a grind to lazy people?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-15 08:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Page 8 and still explaining a grind to lazy people?
You're surprised?

Lazy people are lazy.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10